Old 04-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 210/209/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm a little nervous about weigh in day tomorrow, I been a little off track this week, but with a little self motivation I'll be back on track for sure this week. Good Luck with weigh ins tomorrow, and hope you all are having an amazing weekend!
pkmnmstrshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:29 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Goals for the next week:

1500 cal limit every day - water water water.
Do cardio and yoga every morning.
Stairs at work (3 flights) several times a day, stretch throughout day.
Weights/abs/functional ex while watching tv in the evening.
Crash early.

Last edited by kris2008; 04-28-2013 at 02:29 AM.
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #348  
Something has to work

Height: 5`7

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey View Post

CANDACE:
You can do this! You go girl!

I can relate to many of the things you mentioned in your goals. I know what it is like to wish you were invisible - not wanting anyone to see you "fat".

Life is too short to NOT enjoy it! We need to deal with our root causes of weight issues. In addition to that, the key is to find healthy, low calorie foods that we love and exercise that we like and can life with for the rest of our lives.

The good thing is, there has never been a time with so many options for healthy foods and wonderful recipies and available information for health and fitness.

We can do this! We don't need to be miserable and deprived in order to reach our goals.

Munchey
Munchey

I do enjoy life...I am a very bubbly happy person most of the time....but I just get my days where I am down on the ground...I hate those!!

I would love for people to just accept me....BUT they just see "oh that chic is fat... fat= ugly) Ok then...thats a downer...not going down that road now.

I do understand that one has to look at the root cause, but how? I can think of a few things, but how do you know if that is really uour problem? How do you know if it is not something else or something deeper??

Aaaaaanyhoooo.... I have been super bad this week...I was really low on motivation and energy and all those wonderful things one needs to actually get the booty into the gym

But I woke up this morning very greatful and feeling blessed and happy and motivated ( im starting to think im a bit bipolar..... not to be rude, but I hope not) So today (sunday) is going to be my last bad day as I was out drinking last night and I am going to have sushi today.... SO tomorrow I will be getting back on the wagon (again) and try to keep this focus that I have today.
Candace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #349  
Becoming A Better Me

196.4 so didnt meet my 195 goal i believe sodium is the culprit as ive made a couple processed box meals over the past few days and ive got some sore muscles from the yard work so who knows.
calorie wise i did good and for that im very greatful!
Exercise i did good with in the form of many different things.
So goals for the week of 4/28-4/5...
Weight- 195
Exercise- walk as much and every chance i get and continue with the ab lounger.
Mentality- change what i can and learn to accept what i cant and then learn a new way to handle it.
Organization- get my house cleaned, organized and decluttered 1 room at a time over the next few days.

Hope yall have/had a great week!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Dangerous- Thanks! Your mom sounds like my mom btw.. I think my child hood had a lot to do with my insecurities as well and turning to food.. I was always blamed for everything..heck she lives 1000 miles and still blames me for everything. She quit being a police officer when I was born so I think she holds that grudge against me and that is why she is the way she is towards me. I grew up alone with no one around so that made me strong, but it also made me develop trust issues.

Rated- YAY for forcing yourself to do it even though you were tired! That is an every day struggle for me! I get home from work at 5:30 and have to get my kids fed and in bed by 8.. so I used to use that as an excuse.. now I get my workout clothes on before I pick them up from after school care so I can stop by the park and get my run in before I head home! ha

Candace- *hugs* I think finding the root cause takes some time and self exploration.. it is definitely not an easy answer or an easy fix.. For myself to find the root cause of my being overweight.. I had to look at my life and see where it began..and what makes me want to eat.. those were the places I had to start to change my inner self and self worth. With my weight loss.. I started by putting motivational quotes all over my walls/mirrors/desk/car to remind myself I AM worth being healthy.. and that kind of helped me start, and then I looked back at my past to see what made me feel this way.
Sinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I hit my goal of 218 this week!!! Sooo excited to be back in the teens! This is the lowest I've weighed since 2008.. I am ecstatic about that. I am trying to get as close to my goal as I can by Sept because that is when I fly back to Florida for a weekend and see a lot of my friends. The last time I saw them I was at my highest of 256.. and I would like to be unrecognizable by then! So that is what is motivating me right now.. Since I moved I am now a happier person with so much more going for her. I am back in my own house..great job.. going to school.. etc..etc.. I hope to have a new body to show off the new me!

My goals this week are-
To stay on track with my eating..I tend to stray easily and think just one won't hurt.. I see how it affects my scale so it DOES hurt! ha

Continue running every other day with couch to 5k (I am on week 3!!! yayy!!)
I want to incorporate some kind of workout on my days off from running so I can exercise every day.. maybe back to Jillian Michaels?

I need to drink more water at home. I drink a lot of water while working, but when I'm home..I hardly drink any.. I also notice when I drink less water..that also affects the scale.

Weight today- 218
Goal Weight for next Sunday- 215
Sinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Munchey

I do enjoy life...I am a very bubbly happy person most of the time....but I just get my days where I am down on the ground...I hate those!!

I would love for people to just accept me....BUT they just see "oh that chic is fat... fat= ugly) Ok then...thats a downer...not going down that road now.

I do understand that one has to look at the root cause, but how? I can think of a few things, but how do you know if that is really uour problem? How do you know if it is not something else or something deeper??

Aaaaaanyhoooo.... I have been super bad this week...I was really low on motivation and energy and all those wonderful things one needs to actually get the booty into the gym

But I woke up this morning very greatful and feeling blessed and happy and motivated ( im starting to think im a bit bipolar..... not to be rude, but I hope not) So today (sunday) is going to be my last bad day as I was out drinking last night and I am going to have sushi today.... SO tomorrow I will be getting back on the wagon (again) and try to keep this focus that I have today.
CANDACE:
Don't stress over a root cause. It was just an exercise to get us thinking. The real value is finding ways to deal with the "now". If we are anxious, we need to find ways to reduce or fix that instead of overeating (exercise, meditate, breathing exercises, etc.)

When I was younger, I really cared too much about what other people thought. Don't waste years of your life consumed with this. It doesn't matter what other people think! We will never please everyone anyway and will go crazy trying. Don't waste your life conserned about these situations. If people are cruel enough to go out of their way to make you feel uncomfortable, then they are people you don't want to socialize with anyway.

Work can be anothr matter. Sometimes, you need to ignore them. Some people will find a way to gossip and make fun of people even if they are slim, trim and in shape. These are small, petty people who have a problem of their own to deal with.

A SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT FOR YOU:
You aren't going to worry about what others think about you this week! If you have anxious thoughts about this, document them in a journal (computer software or even a piece of scratch paper). As soon as you document your thoughts, forget them/ignore them for the rest of the day.

Last edited by munchey; 04-28-2013 at 11:10 AM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #353  

SINDERELLY:
Congrats on your weight loss! Keep up the good work! You are keeping your eyes on the prize and it is working for you!

pkmnmstrshay:
Hope you have a good weigh-in! If not, every week brings new opportunities!

SHEPHERDGIRL:
I can identify with eating too much and emotional eating (especially from anxiety). It is a constant effort to hold back the desire to overeat. Sometimes I wish I were one of those persons who could care less about eating. Enjoying food is one of life's great pleasures, so in some ways we may be better off taming our desire to eat instead of forcing ourselves to eat and not enjoying it.

DANGEROUS:
Wow! You have been busy and productive. Can you come over to my house?

Sorry about the situations with your mom and your husband. Any hope to get your husband off alcohol? I deal with SAD and I live in California (know how challenging depression can be). Good thing I don't live in a state with a lot of bad weather and gloomy days.

RATED:
The most important thing is that we don't give up and keep trying. You have the power to make this week a good one for you. It can take several weeks to make new habits, but it will get easier and worth it. Keep your eyes on the prize!

Last edited by munchey; 04-28-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #354  

My actuals for 4-21-13 thru 4-27-13 are:
Current Weight: 216 (4 oz shy of 215, but can't claim it yet)
LOSS: 2 pounds
MILES: Didn't count this week
DVDS: Did not meet -

WHAT WENT WELL:
I did well with my food. I think I have hit the sweet spot of my plan for a average of a 2-pound loss per week.

IMPROVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
This week I will aim to eat my biggest meal of the day in the afternoon and a smaller meal in the evening. I realize that I won't likely hit the mark every day, but any day that I hit the mark is a bonus. Focus on exercising and working around knee pain.

RELAXATION AND STRESS REDUCTION -STILL WORKING ON THIS: Use relaxation techniques: meditation, breathing exercises, exercises in general.

ORGANIZATION - STILL WORKING ON THIS: Need to get some things going with home organization. Some say that a cluttered home equates to a cluttered mind. Right now, I tend to agree. Need to work on making my environment peaceful.
My goals for the week 4-28-13 thru 5-4-13 are:

Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
Walking Goal = 20 miles - knees permitting
Exercise Body Parts = DVD's - One 30 minute session 3 day a week or independent circuits

Mid-term goal: Get to one-der-land by 6-30-13 (199 or less)
Long-term goal: 140 lbs.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 252.2/ticker/126

Height: 5'2

Meh on this week. I didn't think I did so hot, but the scale still liked me so I guess I didn't mess up all that bad.

Grades for this week:
Food=C My goal was average to 1500 calories per day and allow myself ONE dessert during the week. I averaged 1613 calories and had three desserts. Not horrible, but not like I had planned.

Exercising=C- Okay, only slightly better than last week. My goal was to walk to all my classes, take all the stairs, and walk 4 days @ 30 mins per day. I did walk to all my classes and take all the stairs, but I only did one day of walking. I know, shame on me.

Weight=A+ Goal was to lose 1.5 lbs. I actually lost 2.6 lbs! This also puts me into a new BMI category of 'super obese'--so long morbidly obese!

Mental Health=B- I got this one from the ideas of several other people who listed organizing as their weekly goals. There's other areas in my life that need discipline other than dieting/weight loss. My goal this week was to spring clean my dorm room--and I started it, but didn't finish. But I'll be moving out of my dorm room this week anyway.

Last edited by shepherdgirl; 04-28-2013 at 01:25 PM.
shepherdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 210/209/140

Height: 5'3"

Okay, just weighed myself right now and I'm still 209. I'm actually kinda glad I'm still the same weight since I thought I gained a pound or too. As far as my goals here the are:

1. To get in some more exercise (This week I had a lot of trouble with this since my leg was bothering me for most of the week.)

2. Improve my selection of foods and their proportion size.

3. I need to be more relaxed. Finals are coming up and I seem to be more stressed when it comes to my school work.

Short Term Goal: to hit one-der-land by the end of this semester
Long Term Goal: 140 lbs
pkmnmstrshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #357  

Okay, here's this weeks goals. I've decided to try slowly increase the difficulty of my goals (except weight loss/calorie goals) week by week to challenge myself. But if I fail to meet the goal for two weeks in a row, I'm going back down to the previous level so I won't become demotivated.

Food: Average 1500 calories per day and avoid all desserts, since I failed on this one for the past two weeks. Some of you might be wondering why eating one dessert is harder than eating none--for me it is a slippery slope and I either do all or nothing.

Exercising: Well, this past week was my last week of school, so I won't be walking to classes anymore! So my goal for this week is to walk to my mailbox everyday to deliver/get the mail (it's about a 10 minute walk) and do an additional 3 days of walking @ 30 mins. per day.

Weight=Continue to lose 1.5 pounds per week!

Mental Health=I still need to get my life organized, so my goal is to spring clean and organize my room at home. This also falls into the exercise category!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 246/207/179

Height: 5' 5.5"

Dangerous, sinderelly, munchey, shepherdgirl - it was great reading about your successes and even setbacks. I feel like I have some examples to follow!

And sinderelly - I like this very much - I AM worth being healthy!!! I need to put that over my computer!

Well, let's see how I did this week. I did not weigh myself (no scale) and I am not worrying about it till I see the dr in a few weeks.

Eating - my plan allows for special days and or sat/sun to go off plan - not every meal, of course, but freedom to celebrate is how see it. So Friday night I had a great dinner with my husband and our eldest to celebrate her induction into her college's honor society. Special night and amazingly delicious meal!

Exercise - 3x weights went well and I pushed myself harder each time. I only got in 4x walking, not 5x. Got in over 5,000 steps every day!

Other stuff- I like how some of you are sharing how you did in other areas of your life!

OK - goals for this coming week.

Eating - Have a little dessert tonight, if I want it (we're having company). Right now I don't really want it. I am not planning anything special for next Saturday and I am not anticipating any *special* meals, so my focus is enough protein and plenty of veg and some fruit. If something come up, like my husband takes me out or I go to a friend's house for lunch, I will stop thinking "watch my carbs" and instead think "portion control".

Exercsie - 3x weights for 30m or so, using the 5lb weights and working hard. 5x walks of at least 30m. 5,000+ steps on the pedometer at home.

Other stuff - think about it make a plan to share for next Sunday!
sparks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #359  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks17 View Post
Dangerous, sinderelly, munchey, shepherdgirl - it was great reading about your successes and even setbacks. I feel like I have some examples to follow!
Aww, thanks! Sometimes I don't feel like posting when I have a bad week, but that's not really fair when I just share the good weeks only. No one is perfect, especially me!

I like your idea of allowing off plan meals for special occasions. I need to teach myself moderation. I think I may need to allow a 'off plan' meal, since I'm graduating college this week and there will no doubt be a reception with fatty and sweet food. Hopefully we can both do our celebrating this week without going overboard.

Last edited by shepherdgirl; 04-28-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #360  
Becoming A Better Me

Attachment 44515 the "campsite" ive been working on. The firepit i plan to paint a brown and green to make it blend in more.

Last edited by dangerouscurvesahead; 04-06-2021 at 02:58 PM.
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote