Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #286  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Oooh - can I play??

My weight loss goals are in my footer and my goal is roughly a pound a week. (Well, my scale measures in kg and I lost the booklet that tells me how to change it - so goal is .5kg a week...but to be honest I'm not that bothered about my weight goals. I really just want to lose fat and I will be using the body fat measurement scale at the gym once a month this summer. Haven't taken a measurement in yonks, so first one this week. As far as diet goes, I'm an intuitive eater, so I just need to keep plugging on with that - with an emphasis on healthier food - I've gotten into some bad habits over the past couple of weeks.

My main goals May to September is fitness. I plan to run a 10K this summer, I need to formulate strength goals and (yuck!!!) some sprinting and agility. We have a new coach starting with my rugby team and I think he's gonna be a beast for fitness. I want to not just not die, but to be in better shape then than I am now.

This week my goals are: yoga today and maybe once more this week, run 3 times (at least one run to be 5K), spin class once and boxing class on Saturday.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 256/169/160

Height: 5ft 4.5in

By July 31 I would like to hit Onederland.

That is roughly 1 pound a week.
I haven't seen a # that started with a 1 in over 12 years.
mygirlvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostMe View Post
Oooh - can I play??

My weight loss goals are in my footer and my goal is roughly a pound a week. (Well, my scale measures in kg and I lost the booklet that tells me how to change it - so goal is .5kg a week...but to be honest I'm not that bothered about my weight goals. I really just want to lose fat and I will be using the body fat measurement scale at the gym once a month this summer. Haven't taken a measurement in yonks, so first one this week. As far as diet goes, I'm an intuitive eater, so I just need to keep plugging on with that - with an emphasis on healthier food - I've gotten into some bad habits over the past couple of weeks.

My main goals May to September is fitness. I plan to run a 10K this summer, I need to formulate strength goals and (yuck!!!) some sprinting and agility. We have a new coach starting with my rugby team and I think he's gonna be a beast for fitness. I want to not just not die, but to be in better shape then than I am now.

This week my goals are: yoga today and maybe once more this week, run 3 times (at least one run to be 5K), spin class once and boxing class on Saturday.

AlmostMe:
Welcome to Camp!

You can do this! Most importantly, for you - and then for the coach!

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #289  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirlvj View Post
By July 31 I would like to hit Onederland.

That is roughly 1 pound a week.
I haven't seen a # that started with a 1 in over 12 years.

mygirlvj:
Welcome to Camp!

One pound a week is a reasonable goal. Come on one-der-land!

Munchey
Old 04-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #290  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Good evening all!

Welcome to the new additions and congratulations to those who had a great WI on Sunday!

Yesterday was okay foodwise, didn't work out since was busy cleaning my dad's clubhouse. I plan to do 2 hours worth' on the elliptical today. We'll see if I finally get sore!? Still have not started 30 Day Shred yet.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #291  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Goals have always been super important to me, so it looks this is the place for me

Starting Weight - 269
Current Weight - 251

Short Term Goals
July 4th - 219
August 31st - 199
December 1st - 169

This Week:
1. Count Calories
2. Go to the Gym at least 3 times.

Keeping it simple
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #292  
Becoming A Better Me

Hello ladies-
Was a busy day but so far so good food/calorie wise and im gettin ready to go do my run since my ds us doing dinner tonite. Ive got an ab lounge elite now that ive added to my routine and it makes an awesome tanning chair too lol!
Welcome new bootcampers and good luck!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 252.2/ticker/126

Height: 5'2

Some super small NSV victories today, but I still want to celebrate them. It keeps me motivated.

1-After I ate dinner at the cafeteria, I still wasn't full and knew that I had several hundred calories left to eat. But instead of having chocolate cake or ice cream (both of which are my favorites) I chose to have an orange instead. I actually thought to myself "cake is too rich." Take that, sweet tooth! The orange was delicious and actually more satisfying than the cake would have been. I think I'm slowly but surely retraining my taste buds.

2-I walked back and forth to my classes today and to work, which all combined is 30 minutes of walking, plus I went on a walk with a friend today for another 30 minutes. Off to a much better start than last week!
shepherdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #294  

HEY CAMPERS! HOW IS EVERYONE DOING?

Got to the park today with my dog and got in 3 miles. My right knee started feeling better today (hope it holds).

I've been good with my food. I love mangoes and buy dried mangoes quite often for a treat. They had boxes of fresh ones at Sam's Club when I went grocery shopping there last weekend. They gave out samples and that prompted me to buy a box. They are very good and I'm enjoying them. I may have to find something creative to make with them when they all reach their max. ripeness. I, also, need to find the best way to cut the meat out (I'm struggling a bit, lol). I love the tangy taste of a mango and when I eat one and drink a diet Dr. Pepper, it makes my taste buds smile.

I'm glad to have control of my food right now and that I can enjoy this healthy and simple pleasure and not feel guilty. One of my new unguilty pleasures is sorbet. Mango sorbet sounds good, I'm going to look for a recipe.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #295  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Mother View Post
Goals have always been super important to me, so it looks this is the place for me

Starting Weight - 269
Current Weight - 251

Short Term Goals
July 4th - 219
August 31st - 199
December 1st - 169

This Week:
1. Count Calories
2. Go to the Gym at least 3 times.

Keeping it simple

100MOTHER:

WELCOME TO CAMP!

Good goals. I agree that setting goals helps us succeed! (A failure to plan is a plan to fail).

I know you can do this! Starting out slow can be a good approach.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 04-23-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #296  

SHEPHERDGIRL:
Good job with your exercise and food! Your experience with the good tasking orange sounds like my mango experience. Once we get off the junk food and the sweets and get our hands on a good tasting piece of fruit, it can be a good experience.

AMANDIE:
Hope the elliptical went well. You go girl! Let's get rid of a pound this week!

DANGEROUS:
Sounds like the week is on track for you!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #297  
banned

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'6

I'm doing insanity I would live to join the camp!!
I'm 5'6 27 years old
Hw 220
Cw 210
Gw 150
Sundays goal is to lose two pounds
Comitdust29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 210/209/140

Height: 5'3"

I would love to join the fat camp as well! My goal for this week is to lose 1-2 pounds. I'd also like to be more in control of what I eat and to take baby steps in resisting the temptation to binge.

SW:210
CW:209
GW:140

My Short term goal is to get back in the ONEderland by the end of the spring semester, and my long term goal is to be 140 by this time next year.
pkmnmstrshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #299  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin yall-
Wow even more bootcamp recruits! Welcome ladies and hope you have great successes! Coming here daily helps keep us accountable and get the support that those around us may not be able to give or understand!
Got all my errands run yesterday so thats out of the way for rest of the week. A week from today i begin teaching the healthy eating class im hoping to have a great turn out! Im going to buy composition books for them to use as diaries/journals. I think they will really help and get them to set up some time each day to just focus on themselves for a bit each day... what do yall think?
Munchey- glad your knee has eased up and hope it continues to get better. I bought a box of baby cutie clementines yesterday and oh my goodness! I love citrus but it doesnt love me and these are like a perfect size for me and an awesome snack size, mix in a yogurt cup, put in a salad. Lol im easily pleased and amused can you tell?!

Last edited by dangerouscurvesahead; 04-24-2013 at 08:21 AM.
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 200/190/135

Height: 5'6"

OMG dangerous curves! YOur betty boop is exactly how I look! No lie! I'm working on it though. I am going to join this camp it is ok. It looks like you guys are active and supportive. That is what I need right now. I have become frustrated with my lack of progress and I have nobody to blame but myself and knowing that is the reason in even more frustrating. SOmetimes I feel like there is something wrong with me. WHy cant I just be consistent with my diet choices. I love working out so that is not a problem ( even though I have to wake up at 5 am to do it) I make it work. But my food choices are so inconsistent i just shoot myself in the foot with all the hard work I put in in the gym. SO yeah I could call it a weight loss plataeu... but i would be just making an excuse for myself. It is just me making poor choices. Ok anyways... hope this finds all you beautiful woman well!
Ross111104 is offline   Reply With Quote