Old 05-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 210/209/140

Height: 5'3"

So I was feeling a bit better today (still a bit sick) and decided to do something low impact, so me and my boyfriend just got back from our one mile walk. I wanted to do 2 miles but could tell I reached my limit at one and stopped. But I feel so good after that walk. I'm hoping I get better soon.
pkmnmstrshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #452  
Something has to work

Height: 5`7

@ Sinderelly

I knew you were super woman...Doing homework and cooking??? I have heard of multitasking, but you just take it to a whole new level!!!
I think you are great...I have a friend who is a single mom, and she is working, BUT she is not studying at all, and as soon as things are a little difficult she wants to throw in the towl....easier said than done.

@Munchey

That sounds awesome!!! I love cooking, so i think I am going to make a whole bunch of soup this weekend and freeze them, and they are easy and convenient....hmmmmm awesome!! I have planned my lunches for next week already!

I did not post what I had consumed yesterday...so here goes.

Breakfast: 2 Boiled eggs (140cals according to MFP)

Lunch: 1 Chicken fillet, some green beans and butternut soup....no I did not mix them all togeter. (275 cals accordsing to MFP)

DInner: Thai green Chicken Curry with Basmati rice (911cals according to MFP...Can this be right??? I thought thai green is suppose to be good???)

Drinks: About 4 coffies for the day and 1 horicks (268 cals according to MFP)
Candace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #453  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

dangerous- ugh.. it is supposed to rain until Sunday too.
Munchey- I ended up not running because of the fog. I live out in the middle of nowhere, and thankfully the sun is a little bit up around 5:15ish so it isn't pitch black dark. I'm super nervous about wild animals out there though! lol
Candace- I used to quit when things got to be too much, but I've changed so much in the past year that I'm determined more than ever to succeed. Quitting when it got too hard is what got me in this situation! haha

So I am not able to do ANY exercise whatsoever for a few more days. I had stitches taken out of my arm yesterday a little early..and she is worried about it opening so she said under no circumstances am I to exert myself or my arm in any way for at least another 3-4 days. ughhhh..
Sinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #454  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin ladies-
Well its almost noon so hope yall had a good mornin lol. Had to go in this a.m. for my bloodwork so the results will be in for next weeks class. Really hoping my cholesterols are better! They had started getting better after just 8 weeks but were still high so its been since september of last yeat that it was checked so we shall see. The past 2 days the scale has shown 194 but wanna wait til sunday before i get to excited and change my ticker. Yesterday i made my own refried beans so they have no salt or oil in them only garlic, onion, pepper and mrs dash seasoning. It turned out good for my 1st try. Then i made a brown rice with navy and black beans pepper and mrs dash garlic and herb seasoning. I have thes to put on my salads or whole wheat tortillos over the weekend and maybe into next week depending on how much the family gets into it too. Its gonna be near 90° today of course ill be getting into something outside before the next round of storms are due in this evening.
100- good job on getting right back on plan after the goodies!
Sinderelly- hope the stitch site heals quickly for you. Yes rain here thru the weekend too yeehaa!
Pk- glad your doing better hopefully youll be much better soonm
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #455  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

pkmnmstrshay, You go girl! First of all, for getting out and moving even though you could use the excuse that you aren't feeling well to not (I would be someoen who might do that, haha), AND for listening to your body and knowing when to stop! Hope you feel 100% soon.

Boooo, sorry Sinderelly Maybe it will be good to give your body some rest thought, and then you can hit it 100% after.

dangerous
I'm sure there will be a big difference. Very excited to hear the bloodwork results!

So, yesterday ended up going out with one of my B/Fs friends from out of town. Very last minute. Ended up having 1/2 a cheeseburger, some salad, and a few tater tots. Definitely wasn't how I'd used to eat, but not optimal after yesterday's splurge at lunch.

Approximated the calories to about 2000, so we will call it a maintenance day, but I'm still feeling good. I have to be able to go out every once and a while and not kill myself over it ya know?

So, TODAY'S PLAN
Breakfast: Grande Kinny Caramel Machiatto (160 Cals), Banana Walnut Bread (490 Cals) OMG I would not have eaten that bread if I would have googled it, silly me, ah well
Lunch: Jamba Juice Tropical Harvest Smoothie (350 Cals)
Dinner: Salad w/Chicken & Fruit (400 Cals)
Goal: 1300-1500 Cals
Exercise: 35 min Spinning, 20 min swimming

WEEKEND PLAN:
Saturday - Caloric Goal - 1200-1400 Cals
Saturday - Exercise - 30 Min Day 2 C25K
Sunday - Caloric Goal - 1500-1800 Cals
Sunday - Exercise - Hiking 2+ hours.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll check in on monday
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 210/209/140

Height: 5'3"

100Mother

Thanks so much! Today I'm feeling 100 %. I knew I wouldn't let that cold get the best of me haha
pkmnmstrshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #457  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin ladies-
Hope all are doing well this a.m.
not a lot planned for today, a couple errands to run and maybe do some laundry and some odds n ends around the house. Did go thru my clothes yesterday and got another 13 gallon bag full of clothes that have gotten way to big on me so ill be taking them to goodwill today. Been feeling kinda tired yesterday and today so gonna just take things a bit slower today, thinking maybe all my activities abd projects are catching up to me. You ladies have a great day!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #458  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

So last Sunday I weighed in at 217... today? I am at 214! So excited! I haven't been at this weight in soo long!! I am also getting closer and closer to the fabled Onderland!

This week I plan on getting back into running now that my arm is getting better.. and I hope to get down to 211 by next Sunday. I am going to the Dr on Tuesday and hopefully she will be very pleased with my weight loss since I was 225 when I saw her April 18th.
Sinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #459  
Becoming A Better Me

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
SINDERELLY- YEA! CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS, WHAT A GREAT MD GIFT!
DH AND I WENT OUT FOR BREAKFAST AS MY GIFT FROM HIM AND IT WAS NICE AND DID GOOD, SCRAMBLED EGGS, 2STRIPS OF BACON, MUSHROOMS, 2SMALL PANCAKES W/STRAWBERRIES INSTEAD OF SYRUP, 1CUP PINEAPPLE,1CUP CANTALOPE, COFFEE N WATER.
MY weigh-in this a.m. - last week was 195.2 and now 189.6! I had to do a double take when i saw those numbers, im so excited as id been in the 190s since february! My best md gift to myself! Ill post next weeks goals a little later.
Oh and bagged up another bag of clothes and shoes of mine for goodwill.

Last edited by dangerouscurvesahead; 05-12-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #460  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey, I haven't been around much this week since work has been busy and I have also been sick. I had an okay week; I didn't make my goal for weight loss but I did lose so I consider that a success.

My goals for the week 5-5-13 thru 5-11-13 were
Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs. Only lost 0.6 lbs
Walking Goal = Walk my dog for a least 30 minutes each day. Didn't happen due to being sick
Exercise = Actually try the spinning workout I downloaded! I tried is and it was really good. Now I just have to use it regularly

My goals for the week 5-12-13 thru 5-18-13 are
Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
Walking Goal = Walk my dog for a least 30 minutes each day.
Exercise = Exercise 6 days this week for at least 30 mins

I really have to start exercising as I know once I start I will feel better/more energetic but it is getting started that is the hardest part.

Mid-term goal: Get into the 160's by June
Long-term goal: 120 lbs.
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #461  
Becoming A Better Me

Goals... 5/12-5/18

Weight 188
Walk/jog 3 Miles A Day
Exercise 90 Upper 90 Lower Crunches A Day
Count Calories Carefully
Get House Work Caught Up Before Class On Wednesday
Old 05-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #462  
Something has to work

Height: 5`7

Hello Ladies!!

I have awesome news!!!

I HAVE LOST 2KG!!!!! So according to Prof Google ( I search for "convert lbs to kg) it is equal to just over 4lbs...is this possible???

Sooo...also according to Google I was 331.35lbs (150.3kg) and I now am at 326.94lbs (148.3Kg) But however it works...I freakin lost 2 KG!!!

So I want to thank everyone for supporting me!!

But now I have staretd my week off on the wrong foot...I need to get over my excitement as it is litterally just a drop in the bucket of what I have to loose!!!
I am also starting with working out again this week, so I am sure that will also contribute so some weight loss!

I am EXCITED!!!
Candace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #463  

S/C/G: 246/207/179

Height: 5' 5.5"

Good morning! I had a pretty solid eating week but took yesterday off completely. I feel bloated -probably too much sodium as I ate out twice! - even though in the end my carb count and calorie count were not that high at all (about 1,800 calories, 200 carbs) so not that bad.

I did not get in as much walking as I had planned - it was a really rainy week and I used that as an excuse...as I do not "feel" like using exercise videos. I want to walk 4-5x a week and I only got in 3. But I had 6 out of 7 days over 5,000 steps on my pedometer, so that was good! And I did my strength routine 3x like I had planned.

I have my dr appt next Monday...so I am determined to have a strong week - exercising, eating well, drinking lots of water. The last time I saw him was April 8 and I was 243. It will have been 6 weeks and I am hoping for a 10 pound loss, but would actually be ok with any loss. Slow and steady!!

Rated - I agree with you - any loss is a success! I hope that you find the time/energy/ooomph to add in exercise.

Dangerous - WOW! What a big weight loss!

Sinderelly - You weight loss was exciting and I am sure your doctor will be pleased!

Jez -
PHP Code:
ETAI notice the more I buckle down on calorie countingthe more I try to sneak crap food in my diet because I can fit it into my calories. <_I don't like that. Real, whole food, and real fats are so much better and satisfying. 
This is so true!!! I have been watching both my carbs and calories for that reason. When I watch only carbs I can justify overeating,,,and when I watch only calories I want to justify crap food!!!
sparks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #464  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I really did. While I definitely overshot my caloric goals Saturday & Sunday, I did keep up with all of my exercise. Sunday I went on the most AWESOME hike! I felt SO much stronger than the last hike I went on last Sunday. I can definitely feel it in the thigh muscles right above my knees today though, wowza! Bad thing was this Sunday I kind of went off the deep end on eating. I'll guesstimate the calories somewhere around 2500-2800. Not so hot. There is something about after I go hiking I feel like I have just accomplished something SO awesome that I can treat myself. Which isn't entirely untrue. I would just like to get to the point that my 'treat' is one reasonable meal. Sure it can be a burger in fries, but I shouldn't also have pizza for dinner that night, ya know? I have suffered from a bit of heartburn and definitely feeling bloated and sluggish this morning, so I'm getting my full on punishment. Fighting off a bad and sleepy mood that I KNOW is a result of the way I ate yesterday.

Yep, don't want to do this again anytime soon, so I'm thinking of making some changes. ESPECIALLY for the next two weeks because in two weeks we are going camping for memorial day! And darn it, I really want to wear a bathing suit without feeling horrible. So, to break these bad habits that I have repeated the last two Sundays and to get ready for our camping trip I want to do the following:
Monday - Saturday Caloric Goal = 1000-1200
Sunday - Caloric Goal = 1300-1500
I'll also be ramping up my exercise, but I'll detail that plan on my Ironman thread that I started.

Do I want to lose some weight over the next couple of weeks? Well sure I do, crap I'd like to lose 50 lbs! Haha, but the main thing is I want to go into Memorial day weekend feeling REALLY good! And strong and happy! The reward will be a new swimming suit and a relaxed weekend with my family to include hot dogs, watermelon, and kayaking!

TODAY'S EATING PLAN:
Breakfast - Whole Grain Cheerios w/Almond Milk, Strawberries, Banana, & Blueberries (300 Cals)
Snack -Coffee, Peach, 1/2 Banana (200 Cals)
Lunch - Salad w/Chicken, Mozzerela Cheese, and Orange Poppyseed Dressing (350 Cals)
Dinner - Chicken Fajita Salad (300 Cals)
Total = 1150
Exercise = Week 1, Day 3 of C25K

Thanks for reading!
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

My actuals for 5-5-13 thru 5-11-13 are:
Current Weight: 214

LOSS: 0 pounds

This sucks, but I own it.

IMPROVEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Concentrate on meal planing and timing
Resume strategic use of supplements and associate optimum timing
Prepare for exercise with Tylenol in advance
Exercise, Exercise and then Exercise

Overall, my food was good. I did have a couple of days when I overate popcorn. I was off this week in various ways. A medication I had started on approx 3 weeks ago became unavailable for use and was replaced by a slightly different one with instructions to take one hour before meals or 2 hours after. It goofed up my meal logic for most of the week and I wasn't strategic with taking my metabolism supplements.

I did some research on the new med and discovered that the "empty stomach" instructions were only based on the fact that they didn't do any studies with food. Based on the fact that the only difference in the med is an inactive ingredient, I will opt only use the "empty stomach: logic in the am and not stress over following the instructions later in the day.

Knees were a problem this last week, so I'll air for a more strategic use of Tylenol for exercise times. Since I'm battling a flair of ulcerative colitis, I'm restricted on the pain meds I can use. The med that I'm currently taking for colitis can be hard on the liver. Since Tylenol is hard on the liver as well, it presents a challenge and I need to minimize the Tylenol use.

RELAXATION AND STRESS REDUCTION -STILL WORKING ON THIS: Use relaxation techniques: meditation, breathing exercises, exercises in general.

Saw Deepak Chokra on Dr. Oz recently. He featured his 21-day meditation and relaxation plan. I'm going to give it a try. 21 days is supposed to be the approx time to build new habits.

My goals for the week 5-12-13 thru 5-18-13 are
Weight loss Goal= 2 lbs.
Walking Goal = 20 miles - knees permitting
Exercise Body Parts = DVD's - One 30 minute session 3 day a week or independent circuits Mid-term goal: Get to one-der-land by 6-30-13 (199 or less) Long-term goal: 140 lbs.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote