Old 04-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #196  
Becoming A Better Me

Shepherd- u made me smile! When i walk im jamming to my fav music and will get caught up in a song and feeling and be singing and dancing while i walk! People are so used to it now they dont look at me all concerned that im having some sort of seisure or something and just smile and wave when i pass or they pass me lol! If we were walking together people would probably think we had a few drinks or some whacky weed before hand lmao! I agree too that when i startwd eating whole food and calorie counfing it definitely changed my mood for the better! Its weird/amazing that food can do that to a person isnt it
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

SHEPHARD GIRL:
I think we have to keep reminding ourselves that the answer is "between all or nothing". I know that I fight the tendancy to be totally good or totally bad. The truth is that most of us won't ever be totally good, so we need to get over our slips and NOT beat ourselves up. We just need to get back on track as soon as possible when we slip.

Once we find low calorie food and exercises we like and can live with and enjoy - then the rest should be easy. Most folks eventually fail when they end up eating food they hate and doing exercise that seems like torture.

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #198  

DANGEROUS:
Have you tried any of the popped tortilla chips? Pop Chips has a chili lime version that is tasty and I found a 2nd brand a few weeks ago. I like to crumble up a few and put them in green salads. I make sort of a low cal taco salad.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #199  

HEY CAMPERS!

Last edited by munchey; 04-11-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #200  
Becoming A Better Me

TGIF ladies-
Weight 198.6!!!! this a.m. but im not going to change my ticker til my "official" weigh in sunday cuz im afraid ill jinx myselfAGAIN!
Its raining today so ill get caught up on all my inside chores today.
Munchey- ive never even heard of popped tortilla chips but i will be looking them up over the weekend lol thanx for the suggestion.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 270/266/160

I would love to join your group. I usually weighin on Sundays so this is great. Can't wait to read all the post here. Love the pictures. Lot's of good encouraging support here.
Snowtopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #202  
Becoming A Better Me

Welcome SNOWTOPPER jump on in and enjoy the ride lol! Your gonna love it here!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #203  

DANGEROUS:
I'm confident that one-der-land will hold for you and that you will still be there on Sunday!

Here is a link to the Popchips website. You can order a case online. I recently found the popped tortilla chips at Costco. I've, also, found them at various supermarkets. The barbecue'd pop potato chips can be addictive. The best way to deal with them if you buy a large bag is to divide it up into serving size bags.

I learned something from a lady at Sam's Club recently. She said that you can freeze chips and they won't go stale. I tried it when I recently purchased a large bag of popped tortilla chips and it does work. Sometimes, I've found when I get a large bag and do the right thing and only consume small portions, that the chips go stale. Freezing serving sized bags worked out great and I'll continue doing it.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #204  

SNOWTOPPER:
Welcome! Glad you checked into camp!

We can all do this!

Munchey
Old 04-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #205  

HI EVERYONE!
It may be Friday, but no lounging for us!

Let's take on the day and the weekend!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #206  
Becoming A Better Me

Good evening ladies-
Got all my housework and laundry caught up! Got a 3 mile walk in and healthy meals and snacks all day! My lil darlins are gone for the weekend to their friends homes so i intend on getting alot of quality ME time in this weekend with lots of walking enjoying the outdoors, working in my yard, may even hit goodwill and some yard sales for some summer outfits. And ill keep a basket of fruit in the car and a jug of water to keep me focused. Have a great evening yall!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #207  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

, SnowTopper!!

Way to go, Joy!!! on you being in One-der-land come Sunday's WI!!!

Munchey- The pop chips I have seen before but never really thought about trying 'em and I went on their site and saw all the flavors- the sweet thai chili caught my eye, mmm! My Sam's Club does not carry them unfortunately but I will try it now that I've got a 1.00 off coupon for any bag and I think my store may be running a special on them right now.

I am still plugging away, working out and enjoying the weather (well, now it's cold, haha!!) I have worked out Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday with the elliptical trainers and Wednesday was lifting- man, that was horrible, LOL. I am still sore from the squats and I honestly don't think I had proper form for some of them. I think I may do the 30 Day Shred for a long while in place of lifting/strength training, this way I'll be more "prepared" when I go back to lifting.

Ok, so I think I may have figured out why I have not been losing for a while now. As some of you know, I am on Weight Watchers (on my own with a free phone app, no meetings, e-tools nor online, etc) and apparently I was eating 2 points over my daily points allowance along with most of my weeklies. Oops!!! I forgot that your DPA changes as you lose and for some reason, the phone app did not reflect that going from 180 to 166! Grr. At least I figured it out NOW and can move forward because I was going a little crazy wondering why I wasn't losing when I thought I was doing everything right. I should see some losses happening in the next week or two now that I'm working out consistently.

Tomorrow if the weather permits, I am going to be planting some wild flowers and gladiolus bulbs in the front yard. One day, I want to have my own raised bed (organic) veggie garden but I have to first figure out the best spot in my backyard for it. I also went to Home Depot to look at paints and design ideas to spice up the walls/corners my make-up/vanity area. Thinking of doing a silhouette of a chandelier and putting either octagon or round stick-on rhinestones on each end of the "beads" from the chandelier pic I linked to make it look like it's lit. I think for sure the silhouette will be in teal, my favorite color.

Okay, I've rambled on enough. Have a great evening, all!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #208  
Becoming A Better Me

Gmornin yall-
Scale 199.0 and TOM is 3-4 days away i can feel it comin ugh! Slept in a whole hour this a.m and it was nice. Its such a beautiful morning and the birds are singing and the wagles and hawks arehunting and screeching. The dogs are off for their morning run and swim in the spring that surrounds my hole in the woods. Well its shower time n then im off to a couple yard sales, goodwill n visit my baby sis at work and from there i dont know yet but it will involve outside lol! Have a great day and ill check back in this evening.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #209  

Good morning campers! Hope everyone is ready to take on the weekend! Good luck with your weigh-ins tomorrow! I'm a procrastinator, so I'll be doing my taxes over the weekend, lol.

I'm a little anxious about facing the scale this week. My walking miles and activity have been off this week. My right knee started bothering me the day after I had an appt with the ortho doctor on Monday, so I'm going to have to get another appt.

Darn, it had felt better for a few days before the appt. I didn't want to ask for a cortisone shot if I didn't really need it. Frustrating, but I guess it is more encouragement for me to get the weight off. Take care of your knees everyone! It is easy to take them for granted.

AMANDIE:
The the sweet thai chili are too good! The health food market that I go to occasionally stocks this version. Some supermarkets stock the 3 oz back on some of the basic versions. You just need to find the market in your area. There is always the option to order online.

I'm glad you figured out the issue with the WW Points. If the new logic doesn't work, maybe you might try to alternate your calorie count/points during the week (pick a top number and pick a low and alternate between them during the week).

Wow! You have a lot of fun things planned. I'd say for the vegetable garden, find the area with the greatest amount of daylight and just go for it with planting something. Tomatoes, squash and cucumber are good starters

DANGEROUS:
I just know that you are going to hold onto one-der-land!

Hope you enjoy your "me day". Got to have some of those to preserve sanity. Your hole in the woods sounds wonderful. I love to observe wildlife and nature.

Last edited by munchey; 04-13-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 270/266/160

Thanks all for the big Welcome! What a nice day I had today. Made this huge omelet for breakfast with egg beaters. I'm not a morning person so I take a shake for breakfast during the week and drink it at work. So it's always nice to just sit with a nice breakast and a cup of java and plan my day.
I stayed good all day too. Didn't do much excersise today like I wanted to. But I hauled 3 loads of wood up the stairs. I'll post my weight tomorrow with everyone. I'm up in weight since starting my journey but I'm going to post anyway.
amandie... I wish the sun would come out here and get a little warmer. I love working in my garden. I've started all my seeds though. Bought a little green house from Big Lots.

munchey: I hope you get some good results at the Dr. with your knee. It seems something always happens when we are trying to do so good and excersize.
Snowtopper is offline   Reply With Quote