Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #106  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

californiadreamer way to go! What a nice feeling

chickadee I love body weight exercises and need to get back into them, when I was doing them regularly I felt so strong. Thanks for the reminder I hope that cutting out the fiber helps, I think i have the diet soda problem. ugh. its such an easy energy kick for I will miss it.

aubrey ugh I am in the same boat! I need to reel it in. come on we can do it!

minoja that hike sounds so nice facing the scale is so scary

so I did not get it together today. I am sick too and took shelter in food ugh! atleast i drank alot of water so hopefully I will feel better soon. I really hate how heavy I have become! I was looking in the mirror and was shocked my by size and how much I have let myself go. why doesn't it stop me from eating the things that keep me here? I know what I am suppose to do but don't. I know I have it in me. I used to be 125 lbs all my life until i got pregnant. ok mini rant over sigh
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #107  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
. why doesn't it stop me from eating the things that keep me here? I know what I am suppose to do but don't.
Hang in there, sun!! This is the story of my life. Sometimes it just all seems so daunting and the one thing I know I shouldn't do I do, without even really realizing it, eat! AH! I wish I knew why even when you (general) know what you need to do and you want to do it, you do the opposite. Hope you are feeling better very quickly! Seems whenever my routine is thrown off for any reason is when I feel vulnerable to backsliding. So kick that sickness outta there and I am sure that will help in the motivation department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoja75 View Post
4 miles on the trail with the hubby today...very nice day for it but did get a little too much sun...still loved it!
Awesome! sounds like the perfect way to spend the day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenerjoy View Post
With an assist from my brother's hot tub, I hit a new low -- my first since January 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey87 View Post
I've gotta kick some butt this week to keep on track!
Hope you have a killer week and see a budge in the numbers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
Anyway, it's not conclusive, but I think it's pretty decent evidence that my body reacts funny to that particular food. It seems like a reasonable explanation, at least!
Must feel so good to have that figured out. Fiber is definitely a funny thing. I need it, and it's great, but too much and it's bloat city!! It's crazy how just a certain ingredient in something can throw things off. I have been trying to be more in tune to that kind of stuff too to see what is working and what's not. Great work figuring out that piece to the puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
omg!! I'm so close!!
WOW so close and it's only the 15th!! awesome!
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #108  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Day 3 of 14 below 76.4kgs in March. No change in my weight from yesterday, which was a new low, so I'm happy with that.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #109  
Green Tomatoes

For those of you struggling with the "why can't I do what I know I need to do to lose weight" issue, I have books to recommend. I'm a librarian -- I always have books to recommend, but these are the ones that helped me most on that issue.

The End of Overeating by David Kessler explains how modern foods are engineered to be irresistible and marketed to seem inevitable that we'd eat them -- it's no wonder many of us can't resist them!

The books by Judith Beck use Cognitive Behavioral Techniques to think through and change our behaviors around food. Better yet, there's a support group at 3FC about the Beck books that is super helpful with these issues.

My one draw-back to Judith Beck is she can come across a bit bossy. If that's likely to be a problem for you, try The Eating Well Diet by Dr. Jean Harvey-Berino. It covers much of the same territory but with a kinder, gentler approach.

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 03-15-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

"A year from now you'll be glad you started today."

I read this on another members post, it was on her Goal page and she found it from yet another member so I thought I would share.

This has been a great piece of advice for me. It makes me remember that no matter how difficult my journey may get at times, no matter how little the needle on the scale moves and no matter how many times I just want to give up that as long as I stick to my plan a year from now will hold results for me. Sometimes in the past I would give up when I thought it wasn't working and at those moments it's sad to admit that I quit on my goals just because I wasn't reaching them fast enough when all along if I had kept with them then at some point I would have reached them whether it was a short period of time or a long period of time. I wouldn't have had to put myself through an unending line of "starts" and would be so much closer to my goals today. I know I am probably rambling but this hit me like a lightening bolt and I hope that it helps whoever reads it and is also in need of some inspiration.

Good luck to all of you!
minoja75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

Sun/DaugT: Yes we can do it!! I'm really starting to confront the "WHYs" such as Why do I resort to food? I've also started realizing that I am most likely to binge between 4:30 (when I get home from work) and 5:30 (when my fiance gets home from work). I am trying to make plans for that hour that keep me away from my kitchen! For instance, today I am planning on cleaning my car and getting groceries! I love making these small, yet important, realizations! What is your goal for this week!?

Minoja75 - This is a great and motivational quote! I have also given up on my goals in the past bc I just didn't see the change fast enough. I am happy to say now, that I have lost more weight than ever before and am really making it a lifestyle change. It's been only 4 months, can't wait to see where I am at the one year mark. I can just feel motivation from your post and wish you all the best! your future self will thank you!
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #112  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning all!

This morning, I weighed in at 246.1 That's -5.4 down from my starting 251.5 (although it seems I put in 250 in the original post - wishful thinking I guess!)

It's only halfway through the month, so another 3 lbs is the revised goal.

to all
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #113  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Minoja - - that's such a great quote that applies to me now too. Sometimes it's soooo frustrating to see the scale not move or even go up, not overeat, keep exercising, etc while not feeling any thinner. But we can't give up, gotta remember that healthy weight loss is a slow process sometimes! sometimes it's difficult to not be hard on yourself and actually pat yourself on the back. good breakthrough!

dcapulet - congrats on the loss! almost 6 lbs, wow! and we've still got 2 weeks left in march!

This morning I weighed in at 152.8. I started last week at 155 so that's 2.2 lbs gone so far, and hoping to get to 149 by the end of March! I feel like my UGW is so close yet so far away still! anyone ever feel like that? well good luck everyone this week!
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #114  
Green Tomatoes

Yay for progress, AlisaPearl and dcapulet!

I lost 0.1kgs in the last 24 hours for another new low. I am so close to 165 pounds, which was a weight I wanted to get to whether I choose to maintain here or not.

4 of 14 days below 76.4kgs for March.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #115  

sun-Hike was very nice, just what I needed! Facing the scale in the morning though...a little nervous...

Aubrey87-thank you and congratulations on your progress! I have learned the hard way over the years that it really is all about a lifestyle change and you being 4 months in is a great leap! I wish you all the best!

DaugT-It was one of those perfect days...a bit sore the day after but it's definitely on my to do list at least once a week to start.

dcapulet-congrats on your loss! Your post also reminded me that there is still time left this month to reach my mini goal...I kept thinking it was so close to the end and that I wouldn't have enough time left to reach it! Good luck to you on your next 3lbs!

AilsaPearl-I am so happy to have found that quote, it has given me a whole new wave of motivation and so happy it did something for you as well! Good luck to you!

gardenerjoy-Congratulations on reaching your goal! I can't wait to be in your shoes! It must be an amazing feeling to see a new low on the scale, good luck with that last 5lbs!

Tomorrow is weigh in day...keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #116  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

daugt thanks for the encouragment yes being sick and taking care of a sick kid can really make you go off track.

gardnerjoy thanks for the suggestion!

minoja that is a great quote! and I will take is one step more and say a month from now I will glad I stuck with it today

aubrey That is a good idea for me. I tend to over eat right before bed so I am going to conciously control my activities from dinner until bed( major task )

dcpulet wow! you are just running through March! keep going!

ailisapearl how nice! you are so close and doing so well! you will be there in no time.! keep it up.

hello everyone! So I am doing well today very happy with myself after a week of being sick and tired(although that hasn't changed) perhaps my uncle and his family coming in 3 weeks is pushing me to suck it up and keeping my self in control. They are very health conscious and my aunt lost a ton of weight in the last 2 years after being overweight and unhealthy for a long time and since they have known me my whole life seeing me like this for the past 3 years is very hard for them. I was always a slim and healthy person who worked out regularly and was happy with how I looked. So I am going to stay on track and have something to show for it in April even if it just a few lbs down. thanks for all the support!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #117  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

OMG, I had a long post typed out here, and just lost the whole thing! Forgive me for only re-covering a few of the things I had written...

dcapulet: CONGRATULATIONS on meeting your March goal!! Way to go!! I have made you RED below, and have added your revised goal.

sun: So glad you're feeling better, both health-wise and diet-wise!

gardenerjoy: Woohoo on all the new lows you're seeing! That must be an awesome feeling.

minoja: Good luck tomorrow!

Ailsa: Nice job on the loss this week! And yes, lol, I know what you mean. After losing 120 lbs in about 11 months, I spent 70 days in the 150s. There were many days when I gave the scale the finger.

Aubrey: I think it's great planning to keep yourself busy during the times when you tend to overeat! I sometimes spend an hour or two cooking for just that reason - I want to eat, but it's not really time yet and I'm not actually hungry yet, just bored, and so I keep myself busy making a really involved meal. Then, when I eat it, I feel like I've truly earned it.

I hope everyone had a great week and is looking forward to an active weekend! Halfway through the month it seems we've made a ton of great progress, and I know we can do just as well this second half.

Updated March Weight Loss Goal List:

sun: Get to 169 lbs
Jester: Lose 8 lbs
InControl2Day: Get to 125 lbs
madison27: Lose 8 lbs
DaugT: Lose 10 lbs
gardenerjoy: 14 days under 76.4 kgs
All In: Lose 12 lbs
konfyoozed: Lose 8 lbs
PrincessSophia: Get to 139-140 lbs
loose seal: Lose 6 lbs
chickadee32: Get to 147.6 lbs
hhaffner: Lose 8 lbs
wtfudge: Get to 148 lbs
Fria34: Get to 180 lbs
Steph7409: Get to 148 lbs
jessicado22: Pregnant!
celrae: Get to 225 lbs
mar: Get to 205 lbs
CaliforniaDreamer: Lose 8 lbs
Aubrey87: Get to 158 lbs
nharden84: Get to 210 lbs
ashori602: Lose 5 lbs
JazzyPeggy: Get to 254 lbs
dcapulet: Lose 5 lbs; Updated goal: Lose 3 more lbs
AilsaPearl: Get to 149 lbs

Last edited by chickadee32; 03-16-2012 at 11:10 PM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #118  
Green Tomatoes

I slipped below 165 today! Woohoo! That was 5 pounds in the 10 days since I quit drinking Diet Coke. I didn't lose weight that fast when I had a lot more to lose. I'm becoming convinced that there is something to the theory that Diet Coke hinders weight loss.

I'm at 5 of 14 days below 76.4kgs for March.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #119  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

I am no closer to my goal than when I started. I've been stuck at 157 for a solid 3 weeks, despite staying OP most of the time.

I changed up my exercise again this past week, and starting today am changing out my 3 meals/1 snack for 5-6 smaller meals and am throwing in some higher paced intervals in my C25K routine.

Any goal(s) I had are out the window right now; I'm just looking to get the damn scale to move down a solid 2 lbs. at this point. Blarg.

Congarats to those who are seeing a loss on the scale . . . keep up the great work and keep posting about it because it really does help encourage others!!
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #120  

9 pounds lighter! So glad the scale was my friend today!