Old 01-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #226  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Kim - I saw your last msg after I posted but I wanted to say CONGRATS on getting the job! I'm so happy for you and I hope it helps you feel better
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #227  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Kim, congratulations on the job. I bet that did perk you right up.

Tricia, good job on your weighin.

Point one of my devotional is 'fear is not an appropriate response to adversity" and point 2 is 'don't worry' so if I take my own advice I should be fine! It just a little nerve wracking!

We have to take April to the vet today for her yearly shots.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #228  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hi tricia and congrats on your 1.8!

kim - congrats to you for getting a job! that's not easy to do right now with the economy in the state it's in. i hope the 'high' from that accomplishment carries you through til the doc finds something, or you figure something out to help with your mood.

i'm going to fire up the keurig (best wedding present! followed by the pyrex set) and make myself a cup of coffee. dinner tonight is ground chicken parm burgers. i take the ground chicken and mix in italian seasonings, some parm cheese and a little mozz cheese. make patties. serve with a little spaghetti marinara. yum.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #229  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Yay Kim. Getting the job is SUPER. It will give you different focus and perspective and take your mind off other things. As to the doctor....hopefully all of that will work out as well.

Penguin, there is that old adage when in front of an audience to picture them nude...lol

Mandy, your dinner sounds yum!

Tricia, good going with the weigh in. We all could use a few of those!

I'm off tonight to sing karaoke. I'm in a contest that started last week and I didn't get eliminated (yet). Tonight is an 80s song and a rock song. I'm still chosing...lol Could be my night to "go home." I love going out with my daughter to sing karaoke, but I have to admit it was more fun before this contest started. I feel more stressed and less relaxed, but at least I have the nerve to do it (and penguin, I don't picture them nude...haha).

I'm doing ok food wise. Mentally I feel better when I'm eating more like a "diet" but I am trying to embrace the calorie and stay within my range and hope for losses on the scale. I have been good--not on the scale since the 169--if I can hold out till Feb 2nd that'll be super (especially if I'm still at 169 or got under).

Have a fantastic evening all, and be good to yourselves because...we deserve goodness, all of us.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #230  

Jan 25, Wed
b= 2 c milk, vits, 1 c cereal, 1/2 banana, 1/2 c milk
L= 1/2 pbj, 1/2 apple
S= 1/2 banana, 1 c milk
D= leftover roasted chicken breast, veggies, fudgepop
S= 2 c cereal, 1/2 c milk
E= 40min cardio

Right = Had a big breakfast so I wouldn't be tempted by the snack table at Bible study; did my exercise even when I could have blown it off

Regret= should have picked the fudgepop or the cereal not both

We had to take April to the vet. Good news, she's very healthy for her age {10?}, and she's lost 15lbs over the past year.

Chicksinger, great job getting up before the audience. good luck. By tomorrow morning it will all be over and I can stop driving my hubby crazy. "let me go through it one more time..."

Mandy, your chicken parm burgers sound good.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #231  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Chicksinger - I hope you win the contest.

I'm glad everyone is cruising right along on this journey. I've had a good week and am starting to feel strong again. This morning I had a dr's visit and I was up 2 pounds since my last visit the first of Oct Today I promised myself that by my next visit in 3 mos, I am going to be down 20 pounds! I know I can do it if I put my mind to it. I am going to need to cut out the junk food treats. That seems to be my problem; it's like once I start with them I can't stop. Last week I bought a bag of baked Cheetos and I ate the whole bag in 4 days! Since I know that I can't control those things now, I'm going to need to stay away from them until I can control how much I eat.

I hope everyone has a great OP Thursday
Old 01-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #232  

The devotional went well; I didn't fall flat on my face trying to get to the podium, babble too much, or sneeze repeatedly but I'm glad its over! I got a lot of compliments, and my dad got a cd/recording which we listened to afterwards. My parents took me to GiGi's cupcakes after lunch
Old 01-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #233  
Stay Focused & Committed

Penguin - I knew you'd do a great job! I'm glad it's over with for you though. I hope you have a great relaxing rest of the day.

My journal for today:
B: banana, clementine, large McD coffee w/caramel syrup
L: Healthy Choice Asian Bown - Kung Pao Chicken, Healthy Harvest apple sauce
S: coffee w/ flav creamer, 1 serv almonds
D: Lean Cuisine, 1 sl lite garlic bread
Exercise: Ab work

Last edited by GettinFit; 01-26-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #234  

Thursday, Jan 26
B=2.5 c milk, vits, 1/2 banana, 1 c cereal
L= Chick-fil-a 1/2 grilled chicken wrap, 1/2 choc mint cupcake
S= 1/2 c salsa, 1/2 c tortilla chips? crumbs from bottom of bag
D= 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1 french toast, syrup, coffee
S= 1/2 cupcake
E= none

I took a nap this afternoon. I was watching TV and kept falling asleep upright so I obviously needed it. I kept waking up last night thinking I was late for my devotional!

Gettin, once I got past the horror of being strung up to a mike and in front of all those people I kind of enjoyed myself.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #235  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Ah, Penguin...I knew you'd be ok. Once the adrenaline kicks in, its all okay...and knowing it will be over soon after you start helps too.

I had an odd food day yesterday. There was a good bye luncheon for a friend and it was heavy on the carbs and grease. I had not had the chance to eat breakfast b/c it was a crazy morning and by the time I was going to eat a banana and a cup of coffee as a snack, it was almost time for the luncheon so I waited.

Potatoes, rice, bread, shrimp and garlic portuguese style. There was chicken but it was hacked into pieces that were unrecognizable. I took one piece and it was lousy. Salad with o&v dressing. I had that too. I also had about 3/4 cup of rice, 1/2 roll with 1 pat of butter, and 2 serving of shrimp and garlic in oily sauce and 2 pieces of roasted potato. Is it needless to say that I was stuffed for the entire afternoon? Adding to that, I'd been up late the night before so I was very tired. This affair made me lethargic the rest of the day.

My daughter had plans and my husband said I if I was tired and full---I should come home and rather than concern myself with dinner just for him....go take a nap. YAY. Not only did I take a nap, I stayed in bed until the morning. I woke up a couple of times and looked at the clock, rolled over and returned to sleep. It was nice. I feel refreshed and unstuffed!

I know it wasn't a good day food wise yesterday, but it is what it is. In the long haul, eating less calories for the day, but all at one meal, won't matter much.

So I went through to the next round of the karaoke contest. This week there is a duet category. Ugh. Why? So I am paired with another girl and I can imagine she is thinking "why was I paired with an old lady?" However, I can carry a tune so it could have been worse for her...lol There are 6 left, and 4 are female. It will be interesting to see what gets sung. The 2nd choice is current top 40, so I am learning The One by Katy Perry AND Set Fire to the Rain by Adele. I didn't know either!!!!! If you pick a high number, you sing later in the round--and if someone picks a low number, and the same song as you, they get to sing it and you have to choose something else. Of only 40 top songs to choose, finding what I can sing, weeding out what I can't, I only came up with 3 songs. I am hoping the other ladies will choose Britney Spears or Lady Gaga or Rhianna.....fingers crossed. If all 3 of my songs get chosen by others and they are in the line up before me, I'm seriously going to have to wing it.

Ok.....so b/c of yesterday's eating.....I'm going to go weigh myself. Yes, I know. My love/hate affair with the scale. I would guess tho I'm still at 169, if not 168.5.

Much love to you all. I hope everyone is doing well. Hugs.....
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #236  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning and Happy Friday everyone,

Chicksinger - I hope your performance is a success. It sounds exciting. You have done an awesome job with your weight loss and you're so close to your goal. I can't wait 'til I'm that close.

Penguin - When's your next speaking engagement

Yesterday was a great day for me and I'm hoping to make today another good one. I also need to stay focused and stay 100% OP over the weekend. I'm starting to feel like I'm back in the zone again. I am so close to onederland and I'm going to work really hard to get there by the end of Feb.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #237  
Stay Focused & Committed

Today's Journal 1290

B: Breakstone Cottage Double (100), Coffee w/ 1/2 C skim milk (45) & flavored creamer (70)
S: almonds (120) coffee w/flavored creamer (35) apple (100) small orange (60)
L: Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer Whisky Steak (290) YoCrunch Greek Yogurt (120)
D: Lean Gourmet Santa Fe Rice & Beans (300) Tortilla strips (50)
Exercise: Walked for 40 mins

Last edited by GettinFit; 01-27-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #238  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Hey ladies! sorry for being AWOL, my life has been pure insanity, as has my eating! Still I am down to 254.9 which is 12 lbs down from starting this month! Looks like everyone is on the right path and I just want to say i'm proud of us all!! Were we perfect? No. did we wallow in self-loathing and stay off the wagon? No, we got up and got back on! We are doing so great!!! I'll do personals late tonight but a quick shout out,
Penguin, so proud of you for your public speaking!! Its so amazing to overcome our insecurities!!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #239  
Stay Focused & Committed

Tavvy - It's good to see you back and congrats on your total loss for the month. That is great! Yep we all fall off the wagon at some point but like you said we just have to climb back on and move forward. That's what will get us to our goals.

I hope you have a great day
Old 01-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #240  
~Kim~

Evening ladies. Quick run by posting because it's late and I need to get to bed. Just had a NSV today I wanted to share. My new job is casual so today I decided to pick up a new pair of jeans at Ross. 16!! I was so happy when they slid on and buttoned right up. Of course it's whatever the brand is because I tried on a different pair of 16s that were too tight, but whatever! It's been soooo long since I've been in that small a size jeans. I also got a few new tops, one of which was from the misses section and one was from the juniors. Moving into XL instead of 1X feels awesome. =)

I hope you all have a great weekend!

ETA: Last night after I wrote this I was feeling great and I went in my closet before bed and eyed 3 pairs of jeans I bought at the goodwill a maybe 6 weeks ago. They are sizes 14, 15/16 and a 16. They are all really good brands and really cute styles and when I bought them I couldn't even pull the 16s up all the way. I was wondering if the 16s would fit me now, but I didn't really think so. Well I just went back in my closet, pulled them on, and they fit perfect! I probably sound like a dork, but I am just so excited. =) It's crazy how your body changes more than you realize, I thought I wouldn't fit in any of those jeans until I was closer to like 175. Last night when I got home I realized the outfit I wore yesterday was too big. The jeans are super baggy around my butt and the top was really loose on me. I think this morning I've realized it's time for a closet purge. Gosh I'm just so excited. Haha.. ok, everyone enjoy this wonderful weekend! =)

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 01-28-2012 at 08:15 AM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote