Old 01-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #136  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Emme, you had me laughing... if you MUST eat cheese fries, then you must. I am happy to read that your able to keep those and grilled chicken from exiting the building like Elvis...lolol

Gettin Fit - sorry to hear that you are now under the weather. Seems to be a bit of that a'goin round! You know you've got to eat "something" so soup it is. There is that old line "I'm just one stomach flu away from my ideal weight" so there may be the bright lining when we're sick.

PWPenguin, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. We went through a bladder stone surgery when ours was 2, then again 2 years ago leg surgery when he was 10. He's no worse for the wear, believe it or not. We love them like they are our children, don't we!?!

Tavvy, it sounds like you are workin' it! You got this!

Tricia Fierce, you seem to be doing well too. You got this!

FBPenguin, its rough when you have a house full of children who all want attention, and one who needs it. Here's hoping your little one will be better soon.

Dimples - good luck to you. When you get it all in a row, the weight loss seems to line right up too. Routine seems to, for me, make the diet easier. At least, it makes any deprivation more tolerable cuz I'm too busy to think about it.

KimL, would having a small steak and salad have satisfied your red meat craving? The salad would be nothing calorie-wise and you could eat a small steak for under 400 calories. Could be the answer - and as to the pizza craving - have you read any of the posts at 3FC or seen recipes elsewhere using spaghetti squash as the "dough" for a pizza? Worth looking into. I know for me that some things taste the same to me - for instance a hot latte with skim tastes exactly the same to me as a regular, for so many fewer calories. Or, my favorite dessert, the no-bake cheesecake (mousse style) made with coolwhip free and lowfat or nofat creamcheese, a squirt of lemon and sliced strawberries atop with a sprinkling of graham crackers and bran buds---I adore this so much more than the real thing! It really satisfies my craving for cheesecake. I betcha you can satisfy those cravings with a few substitutions or smaller portions. I hope it worked out for you anyhow.

As for me, I did something super stupid and got on the scale. Why oh why? LOLOL I don't even want comments about it -- I know it will start going in the "other" direction .... 172--but my scale only reads full and half number so maybe it is REALLY 171.4....hahahaha. Splitting hairs really. I knew what I did for New Years.....it is all about the UNdoing now. I hoped for 169 by Feb. 1st, so we'll see if I can get there. The goal hasn't changed even tho I was feeling thin and thought I'd check my hunch. Stupid hunch. Ha.

Been making good choices tho, so its all good. I know, I know, I know...I got this.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #137  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good evening ladies

Emme - I'm glad the naseau has subsided and you're back to feeling like yourself. I miss your daily posts.

Penguin - I'm sure you did great with your speaking assignment today. This cold/sinus thing is going around the office. I'm feeling much better today!

Kim - I hope you have a safe trip up to TN to get your dogs and I hope you get the job! I had my interview today and I think it went well but you never know. There were 5 candidates in the running and 2 will be called back for round 2. We'll see what happens.

Chicksinger - Yep it's probably 171.4 I know just how you feel. Last year I bought a new scale just for It weighs in .2s. I know it's crazy but I'd much rather see 171.8 than 172

Tricia - You are doing an awesome job! Stay on your groove girl.

tavvy - I hope you get some rest tonight. It sounds like you're pretty tired.

FB Penguin - Sounds like you have your hands full. Hang in there

I felt much better today but didn't workout. My eating has been very good. Usually when I have a cold, I eat crazy. Hopefully the cold meds won't make my W/I be up tomorrow.

Have a great evening ladies.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #138  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

The electricity must have blinked last night because the computer kept telling me the ISP was down, my brilliant Hubby got home from work and fixed it. Something about the modem, whatever...

It snowed a little today more of flurries. The sun came out after I got home from Bible Study, but the temps are dropping {20's tonight}. I took 2 naps today, and felt much better after the second one. My 'speaking' went pretty well. I got a few 'thank yous' afterwards. and one invitation to come again.

Back later.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 275/225.4/170

Evening everyone!
My 19month old has another moller she has a total of 7 front teeth and 3 mollers. She's so backwards my other 2 got all their fronts first then the mollers. But she's back to normal fighting and pulling out her older sisters hair and trying to climb the baby gate into our kitchen.
I did manage to get to the gym after work yesterday did another mile on the treadmill in 18 minutes this time, 5minutes on the bike because the one I was on sounded like it was about to fall apart 35 minutes of upper body weight training and did swam across the pool 10 times total of 5 laps. No Gym tonight though Hubby wont be home from school till 10

Yesterdays Breakfast was a breakfast bar
snack a bowl of honey nut cheerios w/ skim milk
Lunch a turkey and ham sandwich with cheese on low cal whole wheat bread.
Snack an orange
Dinner grilled chicken and rice tacos on a whole wheat tortilla.

Gettingfit I am glad to here that you are feeling better.

Emme Congrats on the pregnancy! Its amazing what your body wants when your preggo. With my 2yr old only thing I ever wanted what everything sweet, if I would attempt to eat anything health I would get sick through out the whole 9 months. Hopefully you dont have to go through that and once the nausea is gone its all great.

124chick its not stupid you got on the scale you are just checking your progess and making sure that your hard work and decisions are heading in the right directions.

Everyone is doing a awesome job! Keep it up!
FatbottomPenguin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #140  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Ladies!
Yay~got in my workout tonight And am feeling much better now that I have worked out. I am gonna get great rest tonight and am pumped for tomorrow!

Schedule for tomorrow: working until 5:30, got bible study directly after, and then am gonna work out!

I am on a roll and I am PUMPED!

Emme: Thanks So glad your feeling better

Chicksinger: You know you got this, we know you got this, that goal is yours!!

Gettinfit: Great job staying on track with the eating, I know that illness makes me want to throw all calorie counting to the wind! Yay you!!

Penguin: Good job on your speaking! Wish it would snow here I could totally use a snow day!

FBP: Great job making it to the gym! Good to know your baby is up and running again! Molars before front teeth? I've cared for lots of kids being a nanny for the last 5 years but never heard of that! (and from my experience the molars are the hardest to come through)

Kim: Congrats, hope the interview goes swimmingly!

Tricia: Awesome quote, your doing great
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:01 AM   #141  

Thurs, Jan 12
B= 2 c milk, vits, 1 c cereal, 1/2 c milk
L= Rafferty's ~ 1/2 Bacon cheeseburger, 1/2 sweet potato
S= cheese, 2 Lindor truffles {again, not together}
D= Baked potato, leftover Tortilla soup, cheese, tortilla chips
S= apple
E= none.

I'm not feeling as well today as I have the past few days. I'm tired of being sick!

Tavvy, I'm just happy tomorrow is Friday!

FBP, good job on your workout.

Gettin, I think everyone in Memphis gets sick in January.

Chicksinger. April's surgery made her a little taller than she was before. Sorry the weighin wasn't what you expected.

Emme, Nice to know you are still out there pulling for us! Glad you and the little one are feeling better. I knew you would get back to healthy foods when you could!

Tricia, great advice on being persistent with our goals. Some things just take more practice than others.]
Old 01-13-2012, 06:02 AM   #142  
~Kim~

Ok, once again I have to do a drive by posting because I'm up early getting ready to leave for TN, but I had to share.

My weighins are on Sunday for a challenge I'm in, but since I'll be out of town I weighed this morning. 199.6!! Onederland Finally!! It's been at least 10 years since my weight started with a 1!! So so so so so so so happy! =)

Thank you all for the safe trip and good interview vibes. I think the interview went well, but I'll just have to wait and see if I get a call back.

Next week, me, this thread, more active. Promising myself that. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #143  

Congratulations! Kim! Glad the interview went well also

its 30* outside but the sun is out. I feel a little better today I'm trying to do small tasks one at a time to try to get something done but not wear myself out.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-13-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #144  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Fly by hi !!! Craziness around here lately, but I will try to check in and get some personals done tonight! TGIF everyone!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 190/182/136 minigoal:169~29Feb

Height: 5'7"

Hi All,
I'm new here and I think this is the thread for me. You all are so positive!!!! I haven't figured out how to add the "ticker/tracker" yet. So I just write it down. I have been "on plan" for 4 days, I know it's not much but it's 2 more than my previous attempts ( too numerous to count and embarrassing) I have set a 14 pound goal for my anniversary, 2/29/12. I figure I should be able to fit into something more sexy than cute.
TLT136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #146  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Welcome tlt!
Hey, we've all tried and failed, the difference is that we get up to try again! This is a great thread for motivation and good vibes! So glad to have you join us!

More personals later but today is a great OP day for the tavster! So...I'm one of those ppl who weighs whenever I feel likeI need to and so I weighed in this morning! 260.1!!! That's 7 lbs since the start of the month!!! So glad the hard work is paying off! Hope to be under 260 by my official weigh in on Sunday!!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #147  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hi Ladies and Happy Friday,

A quick drive by for me too right now. I've been very busy at work today and not much time to get on but I promise to do personals tonight when I get home. I'm happy to say that I am feeling much better and I'm ready to get back to working out

TLT and great job on 4 OP days!

I weighed today and I was happy to be back down to 211.8. Last Friday I was 214. After taking cold meds for a few days, I thought I'd be up so that was a pleasant surprise.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone and let's all have a great OP weekend.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #148  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey all...

attack of the killer migraines hit me the last couple days and i've been barely out of bed. drinking fluids and eating a little here and there, but mostly drug-induced sleep to help with the pain. happy to say they are gone for now *knock on wood* and if my body is true to form i won't have to deal with them again until next month's round of PMS. gotta love TOM!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #149  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Happy weekend you lovely ladies! Make the best choices possible, drink your water and keep a positive attitude. That is the best plan.

Wishing us all some lost pounds (never to be found)....hugs to all
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #150  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies

Mandy - Sorry you've been sick for a few days but I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope your weekend is good and OP.

Chicksinger - Thanks for the encouragement - I do plan on making the best choices this weekend. I'm so excited that the scale is consistently going down. I hope you have a great weekend too.

Penguin -I hope you're feeling better today.

I feel much better and I plan to go out for a nice walk later today. I've missed 3 days of working out and my body is ready to get back at it.

Have a great Saturday everyone and let's all aim to stay 100% OP

Last edited by GettinFit; 01-14-2012 at 09:08 AM.