Old 01-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #91  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Quick check-in on my weekend so far - I am happy with myself. Besides my kid's party yesterday there was another party my friend had this afternoon. Tons of pastries, hors d'oeuvres, alcohol, soda, candy, etc. I didn't deprive myself, but ate moderately, and with portion control in mind. Usually, after a weekend like this I would be feeling sick right now, but I don't. I still have baked good leftovers downstairs, but they are not calling my name right now.

I also realize that while I hate to waste food, in this case, because this food is so detrimental to my health and one binge can cause me to spiral downward for at least 1 week or more (like during the holidays), I have to love myself enough to throw away any leftover food that could be harmful to me. Whatever the financial loss, I'm worth it! I'll keep the leftovers around until the week begins and my kids are back at school - let them snack. Once they go back and I am alone with the temptations, they are history. Unless, I really am not tempted, and then I'll keep them around for the kids until they get stale.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 275/225.4/170

Evening Ladies I think I am doing much better as the days go by, like I said last night I was having a beer but I could only finish half of it. It seemed like my muscles started to hurt more, so I put it down and had water instead.

I did manage to eat like a normal person again today, I had a 90 cal granola bar and a banana for breakfast, another spinach wrap with grilled chicken, spinach leaves cheese and hummus with a hand full of special K chip ( they are sooo good) and at the moment I am cooking baked lemon pepper cod with brown rice and veggies for dinner.

I did go to the gym after work and did 7 miles on the bike and did some upper body strengthening (I am hoping by my 5th wedding anniversary I can get back into my wedding dress which is in July....Size 12 here I come!!) If they didnt close at 6pm I would have stayed longer.

Tabby I hope you enjoyed your walk to the store today.

Penguin hows your postponed Christmas going?

Tavvy everyone need to relax, no worries you'll make it up with the wii fit.

Guacamole congrats on being good at the parties.

Y'all are doing great Keep it up!
FatbottomPenguin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #93  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Tavvy - I'm sorry about your run in with the pizza but don't let it get you down. Even though you can't un do it, you can learn from it. Also, I think that ugly binge beast will always be lurking but it gets a little easier to avoid it. The next time you want pizza why not try an individual Lean Cuisine or SmartOne pizza? They are really good and way less calories. Hopefully, your workout will compensate for some of the extra calories. Hang in there. You can do it

Gucamole - Great job on staying in control with the goodies.

My day was good. Stayed w/in my calorie range and did 30 minutes of walking and Firm Cardio Inferno.

Have a great evening ladies.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #94  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

GettinFit~ Awesome job today!

FatbottomPenguin33~ Great job at the gym! Do you have an idea of what you need to lose to fit into your wedding dress?

guacamole~ Great job at the parties this weekend! Sounds like you have a good plan for the leftovers!

tavvy~ I can remember many times mindlessly eating in front of the TV, any ideas how to prevent it in the future? I keep a journal next to me and will write in it when I feel tempted to grab something to eat when I know I don't need it. I also knit, haha, yes, I'm 28, not 58. I've made a lot of great Christmas gifts while avoiding food.

patchworkpenguin~ I'll try switching hands with the vacuum tomorrow night, thanks for the idea! How was dinner tonight?

k0nfyo0zed~ Definitely looks like you have had a rough few months! Welcome back!

Tabbycat~ How did the rest of your day go?

124chicksinger~ to you too! Sounds like you're doing well!

to anyone I missed!

Lunch yesterday went okay, although it made the rest of the day a little rough to plan for. The bonus to the take out place is that it is all local and organic food, so I can actually understand all the ingredients that are in the foods. I ended up having about half of a small piece of lasagna and half a stuffed green pepper. It limited my calories for dinner, but I found an excellent Lean Cuisine for 150 calories, and managed to stay under my cal limit! I'm hoping for good stuff on the scale tomorrow AM!!! Today went really well also. The power went out this afternoon and I figured it was a sign for me to get my butt off the couch. It has been unusually warm here lately (upper 30s today when it's normally in the teens in January), so I went for a walk. It felt great to get outside and it reminded me of how much I love to walk!
Have a good night everyone!

Last edited by KimL1214; 01-07-2012 at 10:31 PM.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #95  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Dinner went well, and we got to open presents! I hope I looked more tired than contagious!

Sat Jan 7
B= Dayquil, 2 c milk, 1/2 mug coffee
L= 1/2 Chili's Burger, BBQ sauce, 6 fries
S= 1 c milk, 1/2 apple
D= turkey breast, dressing, green bean cass, sweet potato cass, cran sauce, sliver pumpkin pie
S= Nyquil, 1 c milk, another slice pie!
E= does cleaning the house, moving furniture, giving dog a bath, cooking dinner, and cleaning up afterwards count as exercise??

Kim L, I knit also! I was going to suggest knitting! Are you on Ravelry??? I"m patchworkpenguin there also, please friend me! I get more ideas from what others are making. BTW: I'm 42!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #96  

Good morning!

I did my walk to the store and back yesterday, and I know I will never do that walk in that new pair of shoes again! I thought I would have a blister today, but fortunately did not. I did my morning jog today in my old reliable New Balance shoes.

I hope y'all all have a good On Plan Sunday!
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #97  

I couldn't sleep last night because I was so stuffed I couldn't breathe. I finally slept upright in the recliner couch, then about 5am went to bed. Hubby woke up about 6 with a horrible headache and spent the rest of the night on the couch until I woke up and sent him back to bed. My mom texted me this morning, I thought she was going to say that they were sick but she just told me they had a nice time and she was wearing the scarf I knit her for Christmas to church today.

I got 8 workout DVDs mostly k/boxing, and 1 Season of Classical Stretch workouts {new to me} as well as a gift card to Olive Garden. I picked out the DVDs myself. Hubby told the 'guys out at work' that he bought me workout DVDs for Christmas, lol, they all thought he was in trouble until they found out I picked them out, he just paid for them {I had to wrap them also.} Now if I can just get well so I can try them out!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #98  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

patchworkpenguin~ Haha, my friends pick on me for knitting, but then want a scarf or hat for Christmas. I've actually never heard of Ravelry, but I'll check it out today! That's funny that your hubby had you wrap your own presents.

Tabbycat~ New shoes can be such a pain. I normally wear mine around the house for a few days before I try to wear them for a workout.

I saw another loss this morning, putting me at a grand total of 6.8lbs. down since the first of January! The real challenge is going to be working at the restaurant tonight. I'm planning on throwing together something to take with me so I can munch on that instead of trying to order off the menu. Our restaurant mainly serves comfort foods, but I have managed to find meals I could create before, it's just a little early for me to try right now... I tried a Lean Pocket breakfast pocket this morning, and was pretty happy with it. I think I'll keep them as my weekend treat for now though.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 275/225.4/170

Afternoon everyone hope everyone s Sunday is getting off to a great start. Mine isn't I was planning on going to the gym this morning but I woke up so sore I decided it would be best to rest. I am on my phone so I will post more later tonight.
I weighed myself this morning and I am 5Lbs heavier. Not worried it all water weight gain. My wonderful visiter should be here soon.
Kim to answer your question 40lbs more.

Last edited by FatbottomPenguin33; 01-08-2012 at 11:58 AM.
FatbottomPenguin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #100  

Kim L, this is Ravelry. https://www.ravelry.com/account/login Its a HUGE forum/database of knitting/crochet/yarn info. You can keep track of books, needles, patterns, projects. Worth joining just for the free patterns alone. The is the 'pattern page' from the scarf I made for my Mom to give you an idea about the site. http://ravel.me/patchworkpenguin/ppxz8 Working in a restaurant must be very hard. good job on the loss.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #101  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Mandy - good to see you back in this thread! Sorry about everything you've experienced lately, but congrats on the 50 lbs lost last year. Hopefully this year is your year for onederland!!
Penguin - feel better!! Good job on making sure you got what you wanted! And that scarf is super cute! I decided to try knitting this year - I will definitely check out Ravelry!
KimL - congrats on your weight loss thus far in 2012!
FBPenguin - I have not found that article! In googling for it I came across another really interesting set of blog posts by a food critic on her quest for a slimmer waistline. She offers really great tips and discusses her success and failures with them. Check this out: Bar Belle

To anyone else I've missed:

Yesterday was quite the OP day for me. My personal scale has shown a 3lb weight loss since January 1. I track my weight using my WeightWatchers WI, which is Tuesday evening. So I can't say what I'll be seeing on Tuesday, but it was nice to see that change on my scale! I ate very well yesterday AND I'm proud of myself for chucking a tub of Cool Whip in the face of a craving for whipped cream. I chucked it after reading the ingredient list (yuck!) and remembering that Cool Whip isn't whipped cream! I found a recipe to make my own whipped cream and I'm gonna try it later today.

Today's been good so far: I had an omelette with turkey bacon and fresh rosemary and basil. YUM!

Hope everyone's having an OP day!

Last edited by Tricia Fierce; 01-08-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #102  

Tricia, happy to have you as a friend also! Ravelry is a great place.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #103  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

just a quick update!
Thanks ladies for all the support, weight fluctuated .4lbs which i originally blamed on the binge but TOM met me at church so I am thinking it is to blame. Anyhow!

I am loving the biggest loser game. It is a real workout and I know if I stick with the 12 week program I will come out stronger and thinner than ever! I am also watching the biggest loser television show on netflix for inspiration! (I've never watched it before)

I'm excited for this week. I'm back to crazy hours (14/day) but will be sure to post at least every other day!

I'm gonna rock this week! My goal is 7 days OP!

Whose with me?

You're all doing an amazing job! Keep up the hard work!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #104  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello ladies,

Just a quick check in as I'm not feeling well today. I have an awful sore throat and I'm hoping it's not going to turn into something more serious. I'm gonna try and get some rest this afternoon.

Great job to you ladies for hanging in there.

My journal today:
B: Grits w/sl rf cheese, bacon, coffee w/1/2 C skim milk
L: FF mashed potatoes, brocolli, FF Pudding cup
S: clementine, YoCrunch greek yogurt parfait, coffee, 100 Cal pk almonds
D: 1 C LF Chilli, Garlic bread, 2 Mini 3 Musketeers
Exercise: Firm Bootcamp 101

Last edited by GettinFit; 01-08-2012 at 06:53 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #105  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

thanks for the welcome back, ladies!!

after my healthy start to the day yesterday, i have to confess things went downhill every time i went to cook, i managed to drop the food on the floor! in my frustration i attacked the end of a bag of chips BUT the good news is, the chips are now gone and won't be a temptation for later! a while back i thought to make tomorrow my day to get things back in order to make it exactly 9 months until my birthday. took today to enjoy some things i likely won't get to enjoy (or at least not more than a few bites) for a while. like baked mac n cheese. and the rest of the peach cobbler. so yeah, today was definitely off plan, but i've got the kitchen ready (after a $200 trip to the grocery store) for me to eat healthy... not snacky, and a 10am date with the gym in the morning. hubby and i are gonna get into a routine. we both need it!

on the other hand, i did manage to drink lots and lots of water today, as well as plan some healthy meals for the coming week.

kinda grumpy that i managed to mess up right off the bat, but it will be harder to mess up now that there isn't much junk around. moving forward.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote