Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #256  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I miss you ladies! It has been forever since I have posted.

fattbomttompenguin ~ It's great to see that you are still eating healthy and getting your workouts in even with your crazy schedule. Hang in there! It's cool that you have a personal trainer, too!

tavvy ~ Awesome job on losing 12 pounds...unbelievable! You are definitely doing something right!

Tricia ~ It's so great that you are down another 1.8 pounds! Every little bit adds up. Keep up the fantastic job!

chicksinger ~ I just love your positive attitude...it really shines through and I am sure it encourages everyone here!

Mandy ~ I hope you feel better, girl...take care of yourself. Lack of sleep can really mess with your emotions, so hopefully you just need some good sleep. I hope the melatonin helps.

GettinFit ~ Hey, girl! Sodium is craaaazy, isn't it? It sneaks up in the smallest possible places and it really adds up. It sounds like you are making some really good and healthy choices. Keep it up! I'm so glad to see that you are still out walking at Stone Mountain.

Things for me are going ok. I am 12w1d as of today, but my body image is starting to get to me. At the end of December I had gained 7 pounds back since July, and now I have gained 7 pounds in my first trimester. I could pretty much only eat things that were "bad" for me. Veggies made me want to puke, and all of my organic food made me cross-eyed to look at. It wasn't fun gaining weight, but I had to eat. I can still fit into all of my pants and clothes, but it's pretty uncomfortable. I'm really wondering how much weight I am going to gain with this pregnancy. I lost my last 30 pounds so I could just gain it back for pregnancy, but I'm already halfway there with 2 more trimesters to go -- ahhhhh!!! I won't lie, it's been a lot of fun eating crappy foods, and I'm starting to go back to my better-eating ways now that I am feeling better, but it's not perfect...and it's kind of getting to me. It's about discipline and I need to get back to that. No more nightly ice cream!! Pregnancy is not an excuse to make bad food decisions!

Last edited by Emme; 01-30-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #257  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Emme, good to hear from you. Glad you are feeling better and are able to tolerate healthier foods!

Gettin, glad to hear you are doing so well.

I did 50min of cardio, between loads of laundry, and am also baking bread today. At least the is shining today! but the rain will be back next week. sigh

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-30-2012 at 01:29 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #258  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

took the melatonin last night before bed. it took about 45 minutes to kick in, but hubby said i was out like a light by 1:15am, said i was snoring before he was. heh. and i didn't manage to get out of bed today until 1pm. i did wake up a few times in between, but falling back asleep wasn't nearly as hard as it has been. i think i needed the sleep. i feel much more rested today than i have in a long time.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #259  

Mandy, I'm glad to hear you got some sleep. I have an alarm on my phone set for 9pm to remind me to take my Benedryl, since we usually don't get to bed untill 11pm that's the right duration. you may have to futz with it a while to get it right.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-30-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #260  
~Kim~

GettinFit~ I'm glad your plan is working for you. Some of those meals are pretty good so if it works for you that's great. When I was allowing myself more carbs I used them all the time.

Emme~ The good news is you've already lost the weight once so if you gain a bunch back with baby you already know how to get it off. =)

I started my job today. It's not physically demanding or anything, but it's going to take me awhile to adjust to being on this kind of schedule again. My days are going to be pretty full now so I need to make sure I get done everything I need to get done before it gets too late every night. The good news is most days I have time to workout after I take my daughter to school before I have to be at work. If I had to wait until after work, it probably wouldn't happen most days.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #261  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Emme, thanks working hard, that's what I'm doing right! Glad to hear from you!

Penguin, wow! you were busy today! good job on the cardio

Mandy, glad you are feeling better-rest is SO important!

Kim, congrats on your first day! You will adjust soon!

I'm doing well and am on plan today!
Let's wrap up this month OP!!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #262  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Emme - It's so nice to see your post. I was just wondering how you were doing. Im glad you're feeling better too.

Kim - I'm glad your first day at work was good. I'm sure you'll get your routine down soon.

Mandy - I'm glad you were able to get some good sleep.

Penguin & tavvy - Glad you ladies are doing good too.

I had a great day. I did my workout and took in around 1250 Cals

Last edited by GettinFit; 01-30-2012 at 10:08 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #263  

Jan 30, Mon
B= 3 c milk, 1 c cereal, 1/2 banana
L= 1 c beef/veggie soup, 1 slice bread
S= 1 slice cheese
D= Chicken with Apple-curry sauce, 1 bread {to sop up the sauce!}
S= 1 c ice cream
E= 50min cardio + 50 min stretch fusion

The chicken was a new recipe and it was good. http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/reci...ipe/index.html

Kim, glad your survived you first day!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:29 AM   #264  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Just dropping in to say hi. I see many of you are doing super!

(((EMME))) You sound so happy, I am so happy for you!!!

Make it a super day!! Hugs to all.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #265  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

penguin ~ I cannot believe that I didn't include you in my hellos!!! I read all of your posts, but I must have forgot to include you in the multi-quote. I'm smacking my forehead right now. Anyway, it sounds like you are doing great!!

kim ~ Another smack right to my forehead!!! I didn't include you in my multi-quote either!! And I was all excited to wish you good luck with your new job. It's the pregnancy brain, I swear. Congrats on the new job. I am so, so happy for you and it sounds like things are coming together for you.

Last edited by Emme; 01-31-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #266  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Chicksinger - You're going to be at your goal before you know it. I wish I was as close as you are. Hope you have a great day!

Penguin - Your chicken recipe sounds so good. Thanks for sharing.

Kim - I hope your second day at work is good.

I hope everyone is having a good day so far. Mine will be good. Iwill weigh tomorrow but even if I've not lost much, I feel smaller and my pants are looser.

Have a great OP day everyone.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #267  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Today's Journal

Today's Journal - 1/31 1160

B: 2 sl light wheat toast w/ LC cheese wedge (115) 1/2 C skim milk (45) coffee w/flav creamer (70) banana (90)
S: WW string cheese (50), orange (90),
L: Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer Sweet Sesame Chicken (340) SF/FF Pudding cup (50)
D: Lettuce & tomato w/1tbsp feta & dressing made of FF yogurt & ranch mix (120), coffee w/flavored creamer (70) 1/2 skim milk (45), 3 Hershey's Dk Choc Kisses (60)
Exercise: Firm Cardio Inferno

Last edited by GettinFit; 01-31-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #268  

I get to clean house today. I'm so0 excited! I made a new generic workout rotation up for January, then didn't follow it because I was sick. I've tried to get back to it the past two weeks but I keep reverting to the old one , so obviously something isn't working here. I'll try to make up another today, maybe I can mix the two? After years of focusing on weights with some cardio, I"m trying a change of mostly cardio, bodyweight LB, and light weight with more reps for the UB. I"m not a big fan of cardio, I don't really enjoy it, which isn't helping, but I wanted to give this type of rotation a try. Most of my workouts last year were circuits/intervals mixing cardio and weights, so it was a little more interesting to do both at once.

Emme, thanks for remembering me!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #269  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good afternoon ladies,

Penguin - Enjoy your new rotation and I hope you see great results

I can't believe tomorrow is Feburary! January just flew by. I will start next month's check-in thread tonight.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 275/225.4/170

I can't believe that January is almost over, it just flew by. Everyone did a wonderful job this month Congrats to you all!!
I am so fighting the urge to go get ice cream to celebrate a new month coming forth and new goals....Like I said I am fighting the urge.
I can't wait to talk to you all in February!
FatbottomPenguin33 is offline   Reply With Quote