Old 01-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #196  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Hello you lovely ladies!

Tavvy---you are working 70 hour weeks taking care of someone else's kids--did I read that correctly? If I did, something there is seriously wrong. I do hope you are able to address this situation, and also that you are feeling physically better.

PWPenguin.....you were a sheeeeeep....being all baaaaaaaaaad, but now I see you are getting back to your old tuxedo suited self. - when my daughter was in 1st grade, she wrote a poem for school in class about penguins...."When they swim they are so cute. They have a built-in bathing suit. Mama, babies, 1, 2, 3, this is penguin poetry." Of course when she brought it home with an A+, I thought it was the most adorable thing I'd ever read! Now she is 23...and I just love her to pieces!

Mandy (cuz your real name is easier than your trade name...lol) You're trying hard and making concessions...very good.

Gettin Fit - why did your right hand not slap your left when pointing to the oatmeal cookies??? Didja like the way Penquin spun those into a health food? LOL Seriously tho, they are better than chocolate chip, but the fat content may have been the same. Either way, what is done is done and "poof" we let these things go and move on.

FBPenguin....as with Gettin Fit - sometimes I guess we just need a treat. When we look at the big picture, that little Reese meant nothing! We move on and leave that a distant memory.

Tricia - way to go. Your post was very inspiring. I have been trying to move my butt more during the day and at lunch. Its the only exercise I get.

I did take a walk at lunch this week on one day. On another I did some exercises (leg lifts, push offs, isometric tummy tightening, squats), and I've been taking the stairs a bit. Generally if I go to the 6th floor, I will thereafter take the stairs down to the ground, then take the elevator back up. Once you are in the staircase, you can only get out at the ground floor. I did take a couple flights down and then backtrack up tho. Every little bit helps.

I have not been bringing salad like I want to, but I have been making good choices otherwise, and I did buy salad 2x this week for lunch. I am so close to getting out of the darned 170s! I need to buckle down. I know, even if I saw 169 for a day, it'd be a huge motivator.

Stay the course...."losers" never quit!
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 190/182/136 minigoal:169~29Feb

Height: 5'7"

Lightbulb New Plan, New Attitude

Good Morning All-

I changed plans 2 days ago. I felt like I was starving. All I thought about ALL DAY was food. Seriously, watching the clock to see when I could eat again. I was feeling like such a wuss (feeling like i had no willpower).

I am soooo happy I found a plan that took into account that being a stay at home mom isn't a sedentary job! We need fuel, too. I don't sit on my butt all day and watch TV (though if I did that would be ok too) I do house repair, yardwork, general maintenance, along with the OTHER house stuff too. These things burn calories and should be calculated into the daily totals. Ok enough ranting..sorry.

I am NOT hungry AND I am not drinking coffee as an appetite suppressant . I think this will be a permanent change for me not "just until I reach my goal weight) I have been on DIEts for the last 40 years. I really want to live the rest of my life without the guilt and obsessive behaviour that I have developed these past 40 years. So far (yeah I know 2 days) it feels different.

Thanks for letting me share.

Julie
TLT136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #198  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Julie, what plan were you on and what plan are you on now?? Glad you aren't as hungry now. I spend a lot of time home alone also {but without kids} so I hear you on 'some people' think all I do is sit on my butt...then there are those that know the truth. I was talking to one lady who told me she retired, then had to go back to work, because she couldn't stand being 'bored at home all day" Of course then she asked me why I didn't have a job!? ACK

Chicksinger, I love the 'built in bathing suit' line. I've collected penguins a long time, they are spread thoughout the house as opposed to in one place, so we make a lot of jokes about them around here.

This is actually the day I don't have much 'planned' to do. I call it my rest day, but I exercise, do some fun things, and then do some things I find that need to be done.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #199  
pursuer of joy

Checking in before bed (up very late past 2 nights) and the start of the weekend. My weigh in this morning (will someone PLEASE kick my A$$ off the scale) ... was STELLAR. Finally, I repeat, finally back to my day before Thanksgiving weight of 170, so my ticker and my stats now post nothing but the truth! The holiday TRIFECTA, triple threat or whatever cute little nick name I can concoct wasn't so bad for me weight wise, however, bouncing 2 to 3 pounds around since Thanksgiving hasn't been a pic nic either. No progress is frustrating when you're working hard at it, but I guess giving myself license to not be diligent was just a tiny bit frustrating too. I kept telling myself I'd take it all much more seriously when the holidays passed, and I did allow myself to actually enjoy more food and celebratory foods. Surprisingly, I had no desire for holiday treats...or I would imagine the temporary damage could have been so much worse. No pie or cookies for me. Even now, I just don't have the desire. It was the cheese and crackers over New Year's weekend that had me all a tither....lol

TLT--sometimes you have to switch it up when a plan isn't doing what you want it to.

Right now....I feel good, I feel in control, I feel empowered, I feel positive, and I feel capable. 160s....watch out cuz I'm on your back like a tight shirt and coming after you!

HAVE A SUPER WEEKEND ALL. Keep up the good work, tighten up the slack, eat healthfully, be good to yourself and forgive yourself when needed....then move on.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #200  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Sorry to be MIA, menorrhagia is ruling my life right now. As soon as I get through this round, I'll be back around. My life consists of bed and bathroom due to the anemia it causes, and possibly a trip to the ER to begin my latest round of hormone therapy... which of course causes weight gain... sweet...
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #201  

Hi y'all. It's been a week since I did my exercise... I was afraid this would happen when my three music groups resumed rehearsals after a break for the holidays. Now that I have practices three evenings (and teaching school all day), I have been neglecting the workouts. It's drizzly today, but I will not skip anoher day. If I can't jog outsde, I will use the treadmill inside. I still have 7 days of exercise to meet my January goal, and we onl have 11 days before February!

Nose to the grindstone... er, feet to the ground!
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #202  

Fri Jan 20
B= coffee
L= Chilis leftovers 2 chicken fajitas
S= grapes
D= 2 square slices homemade meatball pizza, {I tried a homemade crust, not a big success}
S= 1/2 lf fudge pop, 1/2 c ice cream
S=chips {sigh}
E= none

Yesterday wasn't a good day for me either. My back keeps hurting, as it does, but I think yesterdays sewing aggravated it. Also, Its TOM, I wanted to go to the store to get a single serving of ice cream, which I did, but then Hubby bought fudge pops and a pint of ice cream for himself. Not helping!!! He didn't force me to eat 1/2 a pop but it didn't help that it was there! Looking at my meals for the past few days, my mornings have been a bit skimpy so maybe that's contributing to my night snacking??

I have an NSV to report. I was able to buy a smaller sized jean today. 20->18w. Strangely enough my favorite jeans are 18m, which now fit also, proving that sizing is weird!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #203  

Sat Jan 21
B= 2 c milk, vits, 2 slices homemade cinnamon bread french toast, syrup, 1 slice bacon, 1 mug coffee
L= 1/2 Commissary BBQ sand, beans, 1 deviled egg, few sips of Hubby's coffee
S= 5 Dove + 2 TB PB
D= 2 slices leftover homemade meatball pizza, 1 choc truffle
E= none {April didn't get her dog walk, it was raining}

Right= splitting BBQ with Hubby; spreading my meals thoughout the day

Regret= probably would have been just as happy with 1 slice toast; no exercise but I could have done a DVD.

Tabby, I guess I could say 'beak to the grindstone". Keep the positive attitude.

KimL, not sure what that is...I'll have to google, but I hope you are better soon.

Chicksinger, I like Holiday Trifecta, great name. Good job on your weigh-in.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #204  
pursuer of joy

KIM--I do hope you are feeling better.

TABBY--you did what you could given the circumstances of life intervening. Remember that diet is for weight loss and exercise is for fitness so as long as you are watching your consumption, things can only work in your favor.

I hope everyone else on the challenge is progressing along swimmingly. I can't say that my love/hate relationship with the scale has improved, and I tell myself before my foot plops onto it that I shouldn't do it, I don't want to do it...but I'm compelled. So long as it keeps dropping tho, it doesn't upset me and provides the feedback that I'm apparently so desperately requiring. 169 today. 169. That was my cowardly goal through Feb 1st! Of course, I won't truly believe/accept it until I see it a bit consistently--but if I continue my current efforts, it will become a definite reality. I could not be happier with the scale today. Now, I'm going to try to stay off it for a few days, at least. I hope I can do it!

PWPenguin
Old 01-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #205  
~Kim~

Hey everyone. I'm still doing a horrible job of checking in and keeping up with everyone. I've been less busy, but more depressed lately. It's looking like my marriage is definitely going to end so I'm just having a hard time right now.

I'm not giving into my emotional desire to eat nothing but ice cream at least. I've been eating pretty well, some days probably a little low on calories. Haven't been exercising because frankly when I'm not looking for a job I'm sleeping. I'm trying to get better focused again.

This week I'm down another 1.4lbs. I'm happy with that considering it's TOM. Hopefully this week I can get my act back together and get my exercise in. I'm going to spend the rest of the month trying to regroup and hopefully I'll be ready to get back to being involved on here. I hope you're all doing wonderful!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #206  
pursuer of joy

Dimples - tight hugs to you. It isn't an easy time working on the marriage details, whichever way it falls (I was a year younger than you when my first marriage ended -- what I can tell you is....it isn't meant to be and life has something infinitely better planned for you. Trust that and hold onto that.)
Old 01-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #207  
~Kim~

That was really kind Singer, thank you. I don't want to pour my heart out or anything, it's just insanely difficult. He is the only man I've ever been with. 13+ years and I've never had to imagine my life without him. It's been the hardest 2 months of my life ever.

I have to give some credit to 3FC. Seriously, the progress I made last year was nothing short of amazing compared to my weightloss history. I honestly can't believe I'm not back up to 220 or higher by now with everything I've been going through. And even losing weight over the last two months is incredible. I know I'm not the same person I was back when food was my best friend and I'm so thankful for that, this website and all of you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful start to the week.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #208  

Chicksinger, great job on 169! When I weaned myself off weighing everyday I once made Hubby take out the battery and take it to work with him, so I wouldn't find it and weigh.

Kim, sorry that things aren't working out; its hard when other people make decisions that we have no control over, yet affect us so deeply. All we can do is take care of ourselves and make the best decisions that we can. Great job on the loss!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #209  

Jan 22, Sun
B= 2 coffee, 1 c milk, vits
L= green salad, drizzle dressing, leftover chicken pasta
S= 1/2 apple
D= 1 wings + 1 leg roasted chicken plus veggies {onion, red potato, sweet potato, carrots, brussel sprouts};
S= 5 Dove + 1 TB PB
S= fudgepop
E= 60min cardio

Right = the first half of my day went well; exercised on rest day

Regret = the fudgepop; overeating at dinner
Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 190/182/136 minigoal:169~29Feb

Height: 5'7"

Chicksinger Congrats on that 169 earlier than you expected!!! The scale and I aren't on speaking terms. I really think it must be stuck or something. I feel smaller
Dimples: You are obviously a strong woman. You have taken control over the most important aspect of your life- YOU!!! Whatever comes remember to continue to LOVE yourself. Sending you supportive hugs!
Penguin: Try not to regret the fudgepop....but embrace the exercise. I am trying not to feel guilt/shame/regret when it comes to food. It seems to create a downward cycle for me. Wow I just looked at your cardio time !!! Awesome!

Now I feel motivated! Thanks!
TLT136 is offline   Reply With Quote