Old 01-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #76  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Happy Friday, everyone! Doing well so far today - pathetic since it's only morning - but I think today will be ok.

Scared of the weekend - having my son's class over for a party and baked all day yesterday (no licks, tastes, or bites - go me!!). However, all the yummy treats will be out for the party tonight and I am hoping the kids gobble everything up so there won't be leftovers.

So, my goal is to stay on plan tonight and this weekend! Been a good week so far.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #77  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Guacamole - I hope you survive the treats at the party. If there are any leftovers, maybe you could make the kids goody bags to go Be sure to report in to let us know how you do.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #78  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Happy Friday everyone!

I have some down time at work right now, so I just sat and went through everyone's posts and let me say, WOW! I feel really privileged to share this journey towards better health with you all. Happy that we are all off to a great start.

GettinFit - thanks once again for leading the On Plan Beauties brigade!
Penguin - thanks for sharing that coconut bread recipe! Since my bread-and-butter feast at the end of last year I've been planning to make my own bread and have been looking for different recipes. I love coconut so I'm definitely going to try the one you posted.
FBPenguin - a little while ago I read an article by a food critic who discussed how she lost weight and stays fit despite all the yummy foods she eats on a regular basis. Her tips might be helpful to you considering your place of employment! If I can find it I'll post the link in the forum.
KimL - the concept of this process being about self-love is one I've known for ages, but didn't internalize until I practiced reframing my thoughts on eating and exercise. Reframing has been so helpful! One thing I've reframed very recently are foods I'd deem "unhealthy" but absolutely loved to eat- if I choose to eat jalapeno potato chips (for example) the potato chips aren't evil (which I used to believe) but stuffing my face with them mindlessly is problematic. I really love the taste of jalapeno potato chips, and if I portion the chips, savor every bite & account for them in my tracker, I'm still loving myself just as much as I would eating a serving of broccoli (which I also happen to love).
Guacamole - love your mantra! Also, I LOVE GUACAMOLE! After having really great guac at a restaurant I've decided to start making my own. Good luck at the party. GettinFit's suggestion is a great idea.

To anyone I've missed -

Off to a great start today. Woke up earlier than normal this morning to make and eat my own breakfast before leaving to work. Before I'd just sleep in later, leave without eating and buy breakfast before I got to the office, but making it is cheaper, healthier and just more enjoyable! Making my breakfast in the AM before work is going to be my new normal!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Tricia Fierce; 01-06-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #79  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Tricia Fierce~ Great job getting up early this morning! I recently started packing my breakfast the night before and bringing it to school with me. I'm saving about $10/week just on breakfast, and another $15-$20 on lunch!!! I figure I'll set that money aside for when I reach a goal, so I can reward myself with something!

guacamole~ Weekends are always rough, I hope the kids do as you wish and munch all the goodies down! Do you have a plan of what you will eat during the party to help you avoid the baked goods?

GettinFit~ Thank you! How is your day going, or how did your day go (depending on what time you check back)?

patchworkpenguin~ Thank you! The smoothie was AMAZING! Best part was that I was able to sip on it for almost an hour!

I'm On Plan so far today!!! Surprisingly my legs are okay, a little tired, but better than I expected. My lower back on the other hand, is pretty sore. I know that chiropractors say that our lower back muscles are often weaker than they should be, so I'm guessing I have some work to do to build that up! Plan for tonight is to do a light workout to give my body a little recovery. I'll do another killer workout tomorrow night, and then Sunday will be my off day as I have to waitress that night anyways. So, kinda my off day... I'll be lifting 25-40lb. trays and racing all over the restaurant all night. I always feel a little sore the morning after I waitress as I only work there 1-2 nights a week, and I use all kinds of muscles I don't normally use. Plus I'm closing that night, so it means I have to vacuum that whole front room... of course they have an old vacuum cleaner that you have to force to turn and weighs about 30 lbs.!
Anyways! I'm a little worried about lunch today, because one of my colleagues and I always grab lunch at one of the local restaurants. They only do specials every day and don't have a normal menu, plus they change up their specials weekly, so there's no way to plan. They do however only use local organic foods, although that can still be fattening. I'll have to see what happens and make smart choices! Have a good afternoon everyone!

Last edited by KimL1214; 01-06-2012 at 12:01 PM.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #80  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I feel much better today. Still stuffy and tired but okay. We are having Christmas tomorrow so I am baking the pumpkin pie, will make the stuffing later today, and check to see if the turkey breast is thawed for tomorrow's sauna in the crockpot!

Since I'm sick my hunger cues aren't cueing, so I'm trying to eat at regular intervals whether I'm hungry or not, but trying to make good choices.

Kim L, although I exercise, I find that poor posture is often the cause of low back pain for me. I tend to hunch over my shoulders when I bend over instead of keeping my shoulders back. I've been working on changing this habit for a while now with some success. If you can try switching hands when you vacuum. I"m very 'right' handed, so I try to do this when I clean, apparently its good for the brain to do something with the 'other' hand also.

Guac, I know you are strong and will do well at the party! If you made it though the baking without any tastes you can make it though the party. Plan something great for yourself to look forward to if you don't snack!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #81  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good afternoon ladies,

KimL - My day is going great. I'm just now having lunch and it's so good. I love Sante Fe Rice & beans topped with a few tortilla strips. You do have a killer workout in store for you! I hope you survive lunch today too? Just eat smaller portions and drink lots of water.

Penguin - Glad you're feeling better

Tricia - I feel prividledged to share this journey with this group too. You all are so positive and motivating. I can't wait to see where we all are with our weight at the end of this year
Old 01-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #82  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

Just a quick "being accountable" here and I'm off to bed. Last night darling daughter got me out of bed (I had no dinner and hubby told her so) and insisted I go with her to Chipotle. While I had the bowl and no tortilla, she ordered chips and of course I had some of those. I could have been better. I'm mad at myself, but I also forgive me

Tonight, we were going to have burgers at home. The meat, just purchased, was sour. Hubby brought it back and instead "surprised" me with Amy's frozen mexican dinners, which we love, but having had Chipotle last night I could have done without. I should have made a SALAD! So, I had an enchilada dinner for 330 calories, plus 2 cheese enchiladas for 240 calories. All tolled, 570 for dinner isn't bad, but ugh I'm so stuffed I feel ill, and I'm exhausted. So. This written, I wish all of you continued success, renewed success, or just success....hugs to all.
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 275/225.4/170

I think I did ok today, as much as I couldnt stomach it down this morning I ate a bowl of cheerios and a peach. For Lunch I had a spinach wrap with ham and cheese and for dinner I had a grilled chicken salad with bbq sauce cause I was out of dressing. Also snacked on some special k crackers with hummus.
I just got home from the gym spent 2 hrs with my PT and on my didnt realize how weak I was until tonight. And now I decided after all that hard work I am having a beer and heading to bed ( I am horrible I know).

Tricia if you could find that article that would be great, I did my best today and only tried 1/2 a cupcake I made. I so wanted the rest of it....But I passed it along.

Penguin I am glad to here that you are feeling better today!

Guacamole do what I have done in the past if anything is left out....I feed it to my husband or just throw it out. Hope everything goes good.

Last edited by FatbottomPenguin33; 01-06-2012 at 09:52 PM.
FatbottomPenguin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #84  

Fri, Jan 6
B= 2 c apple juice, 1/2 oatmeal package
L= 1/2 turkey sand, 1/2 apple
D= 2 meatball pizzas on bread= 2 slices bread, sauce cheese, 4 meatballs, 1 Lindor truffle
S= grapes, cereal {not together}
E= 12min cardio + 60min yoga

Today was supposed to be long cardio and short yoga, but I knew I couldn't do much cardio so I did a Mile with Leslie Sansone to warm up then tried a few yoga dvds until I found one I liked. Most of what I have on dvd is power yoga but I wasn't up to that {down dog with a stuffy head give the pose a whole new dimension} I finally found one I hadn't tried before which turned out to be very nice.

Tomorrow is our postponed Christmas with my parents; hopefully nothing else will go wrong. All in all a good day.

FBP, I don't think one beer will undo all your hard work and good choices today!

Chicksinger, sounds like you did the best with what you had available. Hopefully there won't be any surprises with tomorrows meals1
Old 01-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #85  

Good morning chickies!

I had a great start the first three days on January, exercising every day. Then school started again, and the next three evenings I came home and was in bed by 7:30! But this morning I was up early, and washed (really got down on hands and knees and scrubbed) kitchen and bathroom floors. Did two loads of laundry, and hosed off the outdoor furniture and the front door. I'm getting ready to walk to the grocery store next. It's a one mile walk, and I know I won't buy too much when I have to carry it home in a backpack. LOL

Breakfast today was coffee, two clementines, and a slice of whole wheat bread spread with Simply Jif peanut butter.

Lunch just might be the same thing!

Great going, ladies. I love reading this thread.
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #86  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Medellia: Welcome! those goals sound great! So glad to have you join us!
Tricia: Your doing a great job! We are often too hard on ourselves so it’s awesome that you realized that forgiving yourself is more effective than criticizing!
KimL: Your doing an awesome job!! Keep up the hard work!
Chicksinger: I hate when I eat to the point of “stuffed”! At least the calories were reasonable! Your doing a great job
FBP: One beer is no biggie! Great job on the ½ cupcake! You’re doing so well!
Penguin: Enjoy your Christmas! Awesome job finding a workout that worked for you!
Tabbycat: Your doing a great job! I’m sure once you get back into the swing of things with school you will be able to fit in your workouts!

As for me, I am doing well! Resisted the eggrolls, and have been working out I am down 4.4 lbs from Sunday as of this morning!!! Can’t wait to see if the scale moves a little more for my official weigh in tomorrow! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #87  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey guys...

I've been MIA for a while, if you're curious, here's why http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...esh-start.html

but in other news, life has settled down considerably and i'm very much determined to get myself back on track!

my goals this moth are:

1) stay off the scale until Feb 1
2) get back into my healthy habits
3) celebrate my return to my home and my internet by USING IT... visiting this site and MFP daily!
4) water, aqua, h2o, whatever you want to call it, I need it!

starting today!

breakfast today was a fruit bowl. 1c grapes, 1c strawberries, and a tsp of splenda. lunch will likely be a turkey sandwich on whole wheat with carrots and a fiber bar. dinner is a light prep of bacon wrapped chicken breasts (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/B...icken-Roll-Ups) reduced to 260 calories by using light cream cheese, and reduced fat bacon with a big salad, and a splurge of peach cobbler for dessert.

i hope everyone is doing well!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #88  

We got the turkey breast in the crockpot! And the dining room cleaned cleared out for dinner tonight, including the huge dog crate! Yay! we are both a little stuffy, I'm beginning to blame the quick change from freezing to warm to moderate weather we are having. Its raining and colder today at 55*. Bad news, we decided we really need to give April a BATH so that's next after lunch!

Mandy, glad to have you back!

Tabbycat, I'm not sure I've seen Simply Jif. I'll have to look for it. Good job with all you have gotten done.

Tavvy, great job on your weightloss!
Old 01-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #89  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hi Mandy It's nice to hear from you but I'm sorry you've had so many problems to deal with lately. I'm glad things are settling down for you and you are getting back on track with you weight loss.

tavvy - Great job on resisting the egg rolls and on losing 4.4 so far. Keep up the great work.

Tabbycat - Keep up the great work too!

Penguin, Fatbottom, Kim, Tricia & Chicksinger I hope your day is going good.

I'm doing good today. Have gotten in a 30 min walk and I plan on doing an workout DVD too.

My journal for today:
B:McD Oatmeal, coffee
S: banana, 100 cal almonds, coffee w/creamer
L: Lean Cuisine Pizza, Special K bar
D: C Progresso soup, baked sweet potato fries
Exercise: Walk, Firm DVD

Last edited by GettinFit; 01-07-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #90  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

o no...I don't know if I should call it a binge because really it was just extreme overeating...usually a binge for me is stress induced...this was just mindless boredom induced...I ate an entire medium thin crust pizza plus some cheese stuffed bread sticks...I just ate and ate...dagnabit!

I am annoyed with myself...wish I could go back in time about two hours when I was just watching the tv and eating without thought...GAHHHHHH

On the other hand I bought the biggest loser challenge game for my wii...because wii fit has been one of my favorite workouts and in order to keep up with the weight loss I need something a little more intense! I will be working out long and hard later tonight...thank GOD I am 22...I know it makes a difference in my ability to avoid the consequences of my overeating habits...but still...I thought I had conquered that beast

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote