Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #136  

Height: 5' 8"

Spent a wonderful day at my Kids Camp. I spend most of the day walking around checking on campers and counselors, making sure everyone is enjoying themselves solving any issues that come up. According to mybodymedia I walked 4 miles during 4 hours. Today was my rest day from jogging and I still managed to get my calories burned through out the day up to what I normally burn on a day that I exercise, although I had 0 min of vigorous activity.
I better go to bed. I want to get my jogging done before camp, so it will be an early morning.

Last edited by envelope; 06-20-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #137  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Sarge: Thank you. You don't need to add my pledge to the board; it's just my committment to myself. I'm sorry you had such a rough travel day today.

Courtney: Thank you.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #138  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

another quickie

SARGE: LOLOLOLOLOL Sorry such a rough day!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Courtney- Dogs are great for making you walk harder and faster. For awhile before my dog hurt her hip she made sure I walked everyday she would bug me until I gave in. I guess she was my own little personal trainer.

I had a really good day today. I did week 1 of the C25K which I have started many times before but I am going to finish it this time around. I also did the 30 day shred workout which I love and hate; it gives me a good workout but I have such a hard time making myself to do. How long did it take everyone to enjoy exercise? Will I be forcing myself everyday or will I begin to look forward to it at some point?
Old 06-21-2011, 02:35 AM   #140  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

hey Sarge and members of the platoon!

i'm getting back on the wagon this week after a two month hiatus from weightwatchers and exercising. this looks like the place to stay motivated and keep me accountable...so with the permission of Sarge, i'll post my pledge on sunday

from what i've read so far, it looks like you all pledge a weight loss on sunday and #of miles to be logged...am i correct? also, i do yoga, can i give hours? i do have a pedometer, and i like to walk, so i could log miles too. (10000 steps = 5 miles right?)
sorry for all the question, just wanting to make sure i got the gist of everything

looking forward to this!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:26 AM   #141  
struggling through it all

S/C/G: 139/136.6(Apr)->137.4/115

Sarge!! Pvt Tubbaki reporting in!!!

I know I've ben MIA for over TWO months but I'm back for good now and ready to make a change. Running away from my problems was the wrong move to make, it just made things worse

Pledging 1.5 pounds for the next weigh in! Let's do this!!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Welcome new recruits!

I went to bed early last night, got up at 4:45am to do 40 min. of CrossFit and a 15 min. walk this morning. I am enjoying the increased activity.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!

I'm at the office now and have so much stuff on my desk that I am planning to get my exercise in this evening instead of the office gym today. I'm going to take a working lunch and try to get caught up. Ringo will probably be glad to take me for a walk again tonight.

I did bring the cheesecake from my house and am about to go put it in the break room for my co-workers to enjoy. Then I'll be avoiding the break room like the plague for the rest of the day! No cheesecake and no ice ream social for me!

Enjoy your day and kick butt-er!!!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #144  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, quick morning check in. Starting to feel like myself again after the whirlwind vacation weekend.

Sarge- I hope you recover from your travels. I feel your pain. It always takes a few nights of good sleep before we feel like ourselves again.

It's going to be a busy day but hopefully I'll be able to catch up with everyone tonight.

Have a great day and remember our motto: No Excuses! We are all making our pledge this week!!!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #145  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

The Rise & Shine Call has already passed for a good number of you so Sarge is just gonna try and catch up here...

K3--Your last post was the first I read this morning and I couldn't have been more pleased with your reminding all of our motto at the end...NO EXCUSES!!!

Courtney--Way to double time that exercise and make history of that cheesecake!

Celrae--"I am enjoying increased activity..." WIN! WIN! WIN!

Tubak--Glad to have you back running for your health instead of from your problems!

VickieLou--Welcome back to you too!

Fillupthesky--WELCOME!!! New recruits always welcome. I'm going to update the pledge board today so if you want to pledge a pound or two for this week no problem. All Sarge really asks for on Sundays is this:
# of pounds lost / pounds promised for next week /and if you join our "trek", # of miles you put in of "intentional" exercise (exercise sessions where you walk, run, bike, or other "machines" that calculate miles). Lots of people add extra pledges to reinforce their commitment and some make the board because we seem to be a betting bunch. Just follow along and play along...hate for any true "rules" to get too complicated. Basically, Sarge just like to make sh*t up!

Bottom line, a Sunday post would look like this: -2 / pledge 1 / 15 miles trekked

Rated -- I've read and truly believe it takes 3 weeks for something you change in your life to become "habit," and something you enjoy. You're going to find a lot of people in this group who love that C25k program. Loads of people crossing a race finish line for the first time and signing up for more.

Chick & MadamB--Thanks for the thoughts, but every now and then Sarge is just a big, whiny, immature tantrum throwing brat. Thank god I never went for that "conceal carry" permit! Probably spared a life or two yesterday!

RMC -- oblique pain = WIN! And btw, on that Comcast OnDemand question about recording... if you have a separate DVR, not one built into their box, you can record all the programming off OnDemand. I record all my favorite shows on to discs and carry with me when I travel.

Envelope & Rated--It's excellent to read that not only do you want to improve your own health, but that you want to set an example for our youth.

Jeannettey--"No "human" children but 15 furry ones." Somehow, this didn't surprise me... So glad you and Courtney are gonna battle it out week by week!

Me1st--Wow, you have a lot on your plate! Hope you stick around with all that motivation!

Pokey--hahahah.. Rocky-style workout in 108 degree heat! I'd like to hear your explanation to the paramedics when they run an IV line! Seriously, beware of heat stroke...first you see the pretty colors, then get wobbly, then FACE PLANT!

After Sarge updates the board he's off to make with the miles...

WORK HARD!!!! WE WANT ANOTHER WEEK OF WIN!!!!

Sarge
Old 06-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #146  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Good morning All

Up early this AM and legs are SORE and muscles tight after a weekend of biking BUT I put on my shorts, T-shirt & bunny hug (it's chilly here) and DID C25K W7, D2 . . . now off to do crunches and push-ups . . .

JUST GET UP AND DO IT!!!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #147  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

I think I got everything, but if I'm missing something you absolutely want added please let me know...

PLATOON GOAL = 52.8!!!! THAT'S A LOT OF BUTT-er!

PLEDGES WEEK 6/19 - 6/26

Sarge = .5
Peanutt = 1
Courtney = 2
Kendrab = 2.8
Envelope = 2
Jeanettey = 3 & Cheat free week vs. Courtney
Cheshire = 2
Sarati = 1.5 & up mileage
DataGirl = 2
Celrae = 1 & 5 Booze Free days
RMC = 2
Bnh = 2
Pokey = 1
Kneed = 2
Reso=3
K3= 1
DCap = 2
MadamB = 2

Newbies/Returning Privates:

Josey = 2
Dumplin = 2 + miles + cheat free
Me1st = 2
Rated = 2.5
Shellfish = 3
Kris = 2 + miles + yoga
Fillupsky =
VickieLou = 5
Tubak = 1.5

Maintainers:
Yoyo
Chick
Rainbow

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 52.8

Girlfrom vs. Pokey in a one on one race to 140lbs!
ROUND 1 to Pokey! Unless Girlfrom resurfaces, Pokey has landed a knock-out punch!

100 lb. goal buddies: Courtney, Jeanettey, Me1st

Kris vs. Rated in smack down stay on track week by week. Must register a loss each week!

COMPLETED (1836.81) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:

Follow our progress at: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginner...walkingadt.htm

Sarge (41.81 /288.13), X
Pokey (37 /132.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (25.97 / 92.62),
K3 (15 / 59.5),
Kendrab (13.6 / 73.5), X
Chickadee (14.9 / 41.9),
Reso (88.1 /368.9), X
Cheshire (24 / 107),
MadamB (120.1 /285),
Yoyo (25/ 92),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (15.5/54.7), X
Bnhtla (18 / 67),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (11.25 / 56.25) X
Courtney (3.6 / 8.45) X
Sarati (17.56 / 17.56)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey (6 / 6 )
Rmc = (22 / 22)

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Courtney, Girlfrom, Kris, Rated
Blue Team: Bnhtla,

Peanutt -- 5K / 6/26, & 10K in September!
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Envelope--5K (7/2), 1/2 Marathon (9/10), 10K (9/25), 10miler (10/22)
Old 06-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #148  
Living the Life

Happy Morning All!

Did a little Wii Dance to loosen up then I did my workout from New Rules of Lifting. I was so dragging my feet and didn't want to do anything....but like we have said before you never regret doing a workout! I feel better for getting it done.

Depending on the rain, I should be getting in a 4-5 mile walk this afternoon too. Whoo.

Get out there and get some exercise in! You won't regret it. You'll love it!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #149  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Good Morning Troops!
I'm just checking in quickly before I take the dogs to the park.

A little about me: I'm a 49 y'old mother of two boys, 15 & 12, married and I have a small online business. Ironically I make plus sized costumes ~~~ We have two dogs, a coated german shepherd and an english springer spaniel.
I get NO rest and with tomorrow being the last day of school, the games have just begun.

Make it a grueling day and sweat it out!
Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 AM   #150  
At it again

Good day troops and welcome back Chick. Glad to hear that you're going to travel and accept what I'm sure is a much deserved award. Take care of yourself!

Sounds like everyone is recommitting to a great, productive week. K3 has the right idea: NO EXCUSES THIS WEEK FROM ANYONE. No TOM, no "forced" celebrating, no too tired, too sick, too anything. Unless we have one foot in the grave, we can always do something. And I know, in the past, I've said, "Well, it's so-and-so's birthday, so it will be impossible to eat on plan." That's bulls##t. I don't recall anyone ever holding me down and force-feeding me cake.

Obliques feeling better today. I love thinking about how much pain I was in when I first started working out. No hip or knee pain now means (a) not so much fat straining everything and (b) everything's in better shape.

Have a great day everyone!
Closed Thread