Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #31  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Pokey--I won't stand on you...I think you may be right to perhaps schedule a doc visit. It couldn't hurt and maybe there's an easy answer! The weekends are the HARDEST part. I think we all tend to let up on the weekends and then spend the next four days losing the same 2 pounds we had already lost. It's a vicious circle.

Josey--Another platoon member singing PANTS ON THE GROUND...PANTS ON THE GROUND...LOOK ATCHU WITH YOUR PANTS ON THE GROUND! WTG!

Peanutt--Nicely done on yet another week of LOSS! Have yourself a geeky good time!

BNH-- on "makes you feel like a lazy turd!"

PUSH HARD IN THOSE LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS CREW!!!

Old 06-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

peanutt and Sarge - You're both right. Why should I cave to the celebratory stuff and throw in the towel for the weekend? I shouldn't do that!!!! So...tonight I'll be the DD and drink water at the bar. I'll eat something beforehand (which will be cheaper anyway). I have some baked chicken that I made in the fridge at home and can have some okra & tomatoes with it. That will be tasty and healthier than bar food. And tomorrow night I'll eat more of the salad that my mom's making and less of the gyoza. Sunday...at the movies, NO POPCORN AND SODAS!!!!! That's a tough one, but if we're doing dinner after the movie we don't need drinks and popcorn ahead of time. And somehow I need to fit in some exercise this weekend!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #33  
SARGE

Courtney--NOW YOU'RE TALKING!!!!! THAT'S HOW YOU'RE GONNA REACH THAT 100lb GOAL! Big thumbs up on that attitude adjustment!

Old 06-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #34  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Sarge - the pictures you are posting are just hilarious!! And motivating!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #35  

Height: 5' 8"

pokey - You are making great progress, so ignore that dang scale.

Josey - Congrats on finishing w5d3! I just finished it today.

BNHT - I love the motivation my bmf (bodymedia fit) provides. The charts are wonderfull aren't they?

Reso - What is a FROP? I hope you get a little time to unwind this weekend.

Courtney - You've gota great plan! You can do it.

Sarge - You keep me motivated and laughing!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #36  
SARGE

You all make Sarge feel so warm and fuzzy! It's creepy. STOP IT! Kidding.

Envelope--I think Reso meant "drop," but I laughed about that terminology this morning too. If Reso can lose almost 200 lbs. by "fropping" I say we all learn to "frop!"

BTW, I think we've had a few troops go AWOL....haven't heard from a few in a while....Chesh? Dreamer? Girlfrom?

Chick--I know this is a tough day for you...you're in all our thoughts.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #37  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

envelope - Thanks & congrats back to you too! Isn't it amazing? I am so excited! if you would have told me I am running and especially enjoying it about two months ago I would have laughed!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #38  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hey Sarge I need some help getting to Onderland. I have been wanting this for so long. I am at a stand still. I go the the gym 4 to 5 days a week. I know I could do better on the weekends. Got any advise. I am tuff I can take it bring it on Sarge !!!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #39  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Dumplin - You and I, my dear, we're in the same boat. I've been hovering around 206 for months.

Sarge would likely recommend exactly what he recommended to me: track EVERYTHING you eat for a week or two. This means EVERYTHING. In my case, I discovered that I wasn't eating enough (thanks Peanutt! ). Cool it on the weekends - just don't eat it. Read above for what Sarge and Peanutt said to CourtneyDaisy re: weekend naughtiness!

I think the other thing Sarge would recommend is upping the intensity of your workouts. If you're walking five days a week, try jogging intervals. Add strength training. Add a class at your gym.

I'll challenge you to write down everything you eat next week - I'll do it with you if you want. We can PM or email our daily food back and forth if you need the accountability!

Most of all, don't give up!

Last edited by pokeycactus; 06-17-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #40  
SARGE

Dumplin--Pokey is right on with the advice summary. I'm a calories in vs. calories out kind of person and things started clicking for me when I increased water, wrote every morsel of food down every day, and didn't leave the gym until I hit 1,000 calorie burn on my "machines" each day (treadmill & stairmaster). The most enlightening thing I found and I think Reso preaches the same thing, is finding your true BMR rate (how many calories your body uses each day if you don't do a thing) and then calculate how many calories you can consume to lose the number of pounds you want to lose each week. I see you have a fit day account. You can calculate all that info on that site. The other tinkering you might consider is the kinds of food that work best for you. Me, I don't do well with lots of carbs so while I don't eliminate them, if I have a choice I pick protein.

You can't rush what the body wants to do but you can try to give it a nudge!

I did promise some woosh and weight loss fairies...I'll try to send a few out later tonight!

Hope this helps!

Old 06-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #41  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Sarge - I still want you to stand on me. It's my new goal to be able to do wall squats with someone standing on my thighs. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding next weekend with a bunch of skinny girls I've never met - you think one of them will stand on me if I ask nicely?
Old 06-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #42  
SARGE

Pokey--I can just hear that conversation..."oh excuse me, might I impose on you to just hop up on my thighs for awhile. It's been a goal of mine to ..." You know, if you wait well into the reception with the booze flowing you might get some takers.

In the meantime...since Sarge was having fun posting Jillian Michaels images earlier I was thinking you all might enjoy this 30 second clip because it is truly all Sarge really cares about! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpksp...eature=related

Don't BLOW ALL YOUR HARD WORK on senseless weekend frivolity. You'll only regret it Monday morning.

BTW, here are those promised woosh & scale fairies. Use them and release them! No holding them hostage!

Last edited by JayTee; 06-17-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #43  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Sarge - Right?! IN MY BRIDESMAIDS DRESS. It's going to happen. My sisters and mom will also be at the wedding, so I'll get someone to document the moment as well.

I will be working out hard this weekend - my boxing trainer is in a fight tomorrow so he won't be able to train me, so I'm on my own for my Saturday am workouts...might need to do 30DS after that inspiring video!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycactus View Post
Sarge - I still want you to stand on me. It's my new goal to be able to do wall squats with someone standing on my thighs. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding next weekend with a bunch of skinny girls I've never met - you think one of them will stand on me if I ask nicely?
I am still hurting from squats with a 12 pound kettlebell and sprint rotation. That was a nice (killer) exercise that all can do even without a gym.

I don't buy into the calories in/calories out theory. But, Sarge is correct you can't make significant change without pushing yourself.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

My blog post tonight on my 100 Pounds In One Year blog tonight was about my recent attitude adjustment. I love this platoon and our Sarge!!!!

Okay, enough mushy stuff! Time to go to the bar! I had dinner at home so I am prepared to behave!
Closed Thread