Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #76  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Reso - That totally makes sense! Working out with a lighter body is also easier. I definitely try and bump up my workouts. I will surely not give up after I made it that far. Too much fun :-)

Sarge - Well, I didn't steal the veggie tray. Too many people around I know. However, I think I did well even with having a burger (can't escape at a beef industry event) I lost 2 pounds this week! I skipped the dessert and other fat/calorie traps and had a salad and some fruit. I was a bit freaked out since a lot of people haven't seen me for a while and where just all over me. I had to answer millions of questions and apparently was the talk of the bbq. And I hate that. I don't like spotlight.
You are right my body needs a chance to catch up too. Right now it seems like I am losing more inches than pounds so I should really relax and keep doing what I am doing (plus bumping it up a bit!). 2 pounds were definitely nice to see this morning!

So for the next week:
pledge: 2 pounds!
trek: W6 of C25k, so roughly 6 miles?
Old 06-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

Josey- great job not giving up! Oddly it seems whenever my weight loss is reeeeally slow I UP my cals and it works. I'm not suggesting it but it's what works for me for some reason! Congrats on being the talk of the BBQ even though you don't like the spotlight I was that way at first but now I don't mind. I've literally worked my butt off for this weight and I'm happy when people are raving about it lol.

Sarge- that's true. The low cals weren't long term though and wouldn't it have effected it then and not now? From the accidental 700 I went up to 1100/1200 and now am up to 1400/1500 a day (wow). The only recent change is that I went from 5-6 mini meals and 1100/1200 cals a day to the fast 5 diet and 1400/1500 cals a day but that's only been the plan for about a week or so. Oh well! I've just never had this happen without being pregnant so I got a little freaked but I really don't think I am and only tested to completely rule it out.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #78  

Height: 5' 8"

Lost 3/ Pledge 2/ Trekked 11.25
Old 06-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #79  

Height: 5' 8"

I set up a schedule for training for my 1/2 last night. I am really excited. I guess I was thinking that all races had a time limit so that was stressing me. The 10 miler I am doing in Oct. requires that the course is cleared in 2 hours.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #80  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Envelope--Nice job on the loss for the week. I understand the stress over course time limits! The one stressing you is 10 miler at 2hr. time limit? 12 minute miles? What are you clocking in at now per mile? Don't stress over the time limit right now, the platoon has plenty in its arsenal that we've used to motivate in the past...we can get the Apache Chase Helicopter and Triceratops to help you get a move on and perhaps we can borrow some of those snakes DataGirl encountered .
Old 06-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #81  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Morning everyone, happy belated birthday Kendrab.

Also John touched on something with one of his posts that might pertain to your question for the ladies. Also a good link on body fat in the same thread that mentions the need for greater body fat in women vs men.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3897456-post2.html

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-p...nd-percentages

Looks pretty nice out right now, just heading out to start the day hoping for good things come my evening weigh in, not holding my breath though.

Have fun and work hard today, summer is nearly here.

Last edited by Resolute; 06-19-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

Height: 5' 3"

Lost: 3.5
Pledge: 2
Miles: 18
Old 06-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #83  
At it again

Morning Troops! Great job on all the losses and bravo to everyone resisting temptation and making great choices.

Well, it's a mixed bag for me this week. I lost exactly 2 lbs, so I'm a bit disappointed that I missed my pledge of 3. But, I jogged/biked 22 miles, which is 2 more than I anticipated. (Not a big deal, but I'd rather go over than under.) I've also added some additional activity into my day, so all in all, I'm not unhappy.

I'm realizing that for me, the challenging part of this is the exercise, not the eating. I never have a problem eating within my calorie allotment (1200 right right now) and I usually make pretty healthy choices. BUT, I am a lazy slug because my natural inclination is to sit still. That said, I'm really enjoying going to the gym and walking the neighborhood and just moving in general. So, I'm going to focus on that these next few weeks.

There's a local 5K that's held every September around here. Sounds like a goal!

This week's pledge:
2 lbs
30 miles
Old 06-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneed2lose View Post
OH MY GOODNESS....Finished the Warrior dash....SOO EXHAUStED! it was insane, but TOO tired to do anything! Will post more about the dash as well as pictures tomorrow!
Looking forward to the pictures, very cool goal completed.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc9142 View Post
I'm realizing that for me, the challenging part of this is the exercise, not the eating. I never have a problem eating within my calorie allotment (1200 right right now) and I usually make pretty healthy choices. BUT, I am a lazy slug because my natural inclination is to sit still. That said, I'm really enjoying going to the gym and walking the neighborhood and just moving in general. So, I'm going to focus on that these next few weeks.

There's a local 5K that's held every September around here. Sounds like a goal!

This week's pledge:
2 lbs
30 miles
Great goal, it will reset how you think too.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #86  

-1.1/ 1 pledge, 25.97 miles, 2 CrossFit classes, 1 stair session, 20 miles w/3 CrossFit classes pledge, 5 drink free days pledge.

I signed up for the Sept. 10th Ohio Warrior Dash (did this a month ago, just to scared to post)
ttp://warriordash.com/register2011_ohio_2.php
Old 06-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'4

Smile

Rated and Shellfish – Welcome!!!

Kneed and celrae – I’ve been thinking of signing up for the Warrior Dash too!!! I think I’m going to ask my daughter to do it with me 

Kneed – can’t wait to see the pictures!!!

rmc9142 – I can relate – I’ve always been a lazy slug too. It has been the hardest thing for me to overcome, but once I get my butt moving, I really enjoy it and am always glad I did it!

bnhtla06 – 3.5 lbs! Way to go!!!

Resolute – You are very inspiring to me! Exercising twice a day and getting house work done in-between! I will remember that next time I’m feeling lazy and trying to think up excuses for not working out!

CourtneyDaisey – Happy Anniversary!

Envelope – To increase your speed, maybe you could do something like when I was learning to run… Instead of “walk run walk run” - try running at your usual pace and then running a little faster for a minute. Keep going back and forth with your speed and eventually you may be able to run faster for longer periods of time. Just a thought…

Kendrab1223 – I know you are relieved to have your finals behind you! Great job on your grades! As far as your TOM question… Ever since I develop fibroids, my periods have been all over the place… It could have been a fluke or it could be something minor like the fibroids. If it continues, I would just mention it to your doctor at your next yearly indignity…

rmc9142 – Great job on the W1D1 of 30DS! So, did you figure out if you can DVD it yet!

MadamButterfly – Wow, getting in some great exercise on your trip – despite the rain! I love it!

pokeycactus – So glad to hear that the scale is moving again! The hard work is paying off!

josey – I agree with Kendrab1223… eating more sometimes helps. And it doesn’t have to be for long, sometimes just a couple of days of extra calories would get the scale moving for me. Sounds weird I know….

Sarge – Have you found a herding chickens video??? That would be too funny to watch!

OK, numbers for this week: Lost 5 lbs! It was just the first week, so I don’t expect to keep up this pace, but it feels great to have such a good start. I walked/hiked 32 miles last week!!!

I am going out of town on Thursday and will be gone at least 1.5 to 2 weeks. I have planned ahead for my diet (and have told my mother that I am following my plan even though I am visiting her) and I usually wake up before everyone, so I will plan to work out first thing every morning. I will pledge 2 lbs for this week and will say 20 miles walked… (I will probably do more Wii this week than usual, and can’t really figure my miles on that.)
Old 06-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #88  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Pledged -1.5 lost 1.0 ~
Pledged 15 miles walked, walked 17.56

I can do better! This week I pledge to lose 1.5 lbs and to log 20 pedometer miles. I don't have a bike but I have two feet and one butt. I need to use my feet twice as much since I have twice as many ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Start 6/13 188
Wk #1 6/19 187 (-1)

Last edited by Sarati; 06-19-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #89  
Living the Life

Hey Platoon!!
It's a been a bit but I've been lurking when I got a chance to read up on how everyone was doing.
I've been away at the beach for vacation and it was so fabulous! Had a blast with our family and eating and playing and everything. I still made sure to get in my running and biking. Plus tons of walking, kayaking, swimming, kickball and 4 square! Ha...old school games.
It's been great being so active. Though we did of course eat more yummy things then I can count.

I'm going to continue skimming through the post I missed.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #90  
Living the Life

Loss: + 2lbs
Pledge: 2 lbs
Trekked: 24 miles
Closed Thread