Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

My weigh in sucked also. So much stress. My whole routine is out of wack. I am so far behind on my sleep it isn't funny. I go to the doctor in the morning. Viewing for Mom is at 4pm. Funeral is Wednesday. My emotions need a break. I am hoping next week things will settle down to a small roar. I am starting over Thursday, jumping back on the wagon. Tomorrow will be shot, and so will Wed. Won't be much eating or exercise, nervous twitching count? I will catch up with you all later. Pat
Old 04-20-2009, 10:17 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I think we could all use a BIG

there's a lot of girls that have struggled this week. I'm still waiting for a few more weigh ins... I'm hoping the girls get on here and post!

I'm off for the night - I'll check in and do the stats in the morning.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:14 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all.

Dixiemae, so sorry about Mom.

Eny, congrats on the ultrasound. They are so neat. Quite a change from when I had my kids. I swore from the ultrasound that my OS looked like Mick Jagger, he appeared to be nothing but this HUGE mouth.

Congrats Hattie, welcome to onederland!!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:30 AM   #184  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Hi Everyone!

Eny, I'm one of the ones who don't have my weight in, I'm 162.4. I'm up and down so much I don't know if i hit my goal or not.

Do you guys find people a little taken aback by your WL? I'm tall, straight and small framed, and at my current weight, I still have a lot of body fat for my athletic lifestyle. But my Mom said I looked skinny, and I'm a size 8 or 10 and can't believe the criticism. Someone else said I looked gaunt. I think it's because they are just used to me a certain way and need to readjust. Any one else get these comments?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

20 minutes exercise this morning...10 minutes pilates, 10 minutes we cheer workout.

Back to catch up with everyone later, lots of work this morning and trying to keep to a schedule again!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
Morning all.

Dixiemae, so sorry about Mom.

Eny, congrats on the ultrasound. They are so neat. Quite a change from when I had my kids. I swore from the ultrasound that my OS looked like Mick Jagger, he appeared to be nothing but this HUGE mouth.

Congrats Hattie, welcome to onederland!!
DD looked liked Mr. Burns from the Simpsons in her U/S... I'm SO glad that her nose wasn't that big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
Hi Everyone!

Eny, I'm one of the ones who don't have my weight in, I'm 162.4. I'm up and down so much I don't know if i hit my goal or not.

Do you guys find people a little taken aback by your WL? I'm tall, straight and small framed, and at my current weight, I still have a lot of body fat for my athletic lifestyle. But my Mom said I looked skinny, and I'm a size 8 or 10 and can't believe the criticism. Someone else said I looked gaunt. I think it's because they are just used to me a certain way and need to readjust. Any one else get these comments?
Hey hon - Next week, can you please make sur eto send me a personal message with your weight by Monday night. I'm counting this one - but if everyone posts their weights in here I'm bound to miss one.

Now off to do the week 1 stats.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #187  

WEEK 1 RESULTS

TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE: 32
TOTAL OF WEIGH INS RECEIVED: 28
TOTAL START WEIGHT: #6402
TOTAL WEEK 1 WEIGHT LOSS: #.7 ()
TOTAL NUMBER OF LOSSES: 9
TOTAL NUMBER OF GAINS: 8

WEEK #1 WINNER - STNESSA79 WITH AN AMAZING #4 LOSS!

RUNNERS UP
NIXMOM - #3.8 LOSS
HATTIE22 - #2 LOSS
PURPLEFIREFLY - #2 LOSS
SEXYBROKECHICK - #2 LOSS

OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS
HATTIE22 IS NOW IN ONEDERLAND!!!!
NIXMOM - SEXYBROKECHICK - STNESSA79 - URTHWURM ALL HIT THEIR WEEKLY GOAL!!!

Alright - obviously this was a rough week for a lot of people... keep in mind your weekly goal - whether you hit your goal last week or not you HAVE to work for your weekly goal!!! 2009 is 1/4 over - it's time to get SERIOUS about this... there is no 1/2 way on weight loss... life is ALWAYS going to happen - and you DO NOT have control over when things happen... what you DO have control over is how YOU react to it - how you treat yourself through it and what you do for YOU to get through it!!! Let's have a MUCH better week 2!!!

For those that missed the weigh ins for this week, if you miss next week as well you will be out of this challenge... it doesn't make sense for me to attempt to track people's progress if they aren't going to participate. COME BACK!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!

We have 10 days left in this month! That could be plenty of time to turn in some weight loss! I'm going to stay on plan today and get in at least 60 minutes of exercise! I have to make this month count for something....plus If I work really hard during TOM I am sure to get that nice post TOM whoosh!

I'm off to post the new mini-challenge....I completely forgot yesterday! Someone is gonna have to :buttkick: me!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #189  

Exclamation Mini-Challenge #2

Mini-Challenge #2

5 Pound Challenge

WOW! ONLY 0.7 total combined pounds lost this week??? Looks like alot of people did really good....but on the same hand just as many people gained or didn't lose at all!

Looks like what we need is a race to lose some weight!?!?!? So, How about a 5 pound challenge?

Here is the deal.... 5 pounds is equal to 17,000 calories. That is how many calories we need to cut through eating fewer calories and exercising!
We can do it! Make sure you have a food plan and that you are sticking to it. If you haven't been sticking to your plan...now is a GREAT time to reevaluate it! Don't keep doing the same things expecting different results! That is just crazy And we aren't gonna do it anymore...are we?

So, get a plan and get ready to burn some butter get ready to melt some fat and then celebrate your success !!!

Can we do it? YES WE CAN! (Bob the builder said it was okay to use his slogan!)

So, using your weigh in from yesterday (Monday)....the first person to lose 5 pounds WINS!!!!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 04-21-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

As expected from a sneak at the scale on Saturday, I was up two lbs, but don't know why? I'm eating like I was when I was losing a consistent 1 lb a week. The only change is adding weights to my routine, so I'm thinking water weight as my muscles repair--have been very sore, and I'm puffy. I'm trying so hard not to let this discourage me, but having a really hard time dealing with it. I didn't get my weigh-in to Eny last night due to horrible thunderstorms in the area, so just pm'ed it to her. I'm off to do 1/2 hour of weights and 1/2 hour of cardio.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #191  
Caden's Goofy Gramma

S/C/G: 219/203/160

Height: 5'2½"

I haven't been doing very well. My days start out pretty good. Then come mid afternoon, it just seems to go downhill. Not giving up. I have to lose enough to fit into my MOB dress. I'm walking and doing other things. Am up to 515 minutes/miles from the 12th. Gonna reevaluate my plan. Then I gotta punch it!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyRaye View Post
I'm trying so hard not to let this discourage me, but having a really hard time dealing with it. I didn't get my weigh-in to Eny last night due to horrible thunderstorms in the area, so just pm'ed it to her. I'm off to do 1/2 hour of weights and 1/2 hour of cardio.
Stick with it! You are probably right about the gain though...it is more than likely water weight due to muscles repairing themselves....drink plenty of water to get it to flush out.....but what ever you do...stick with this! Muscle burns calories! Even when you sleep...and it burns alot more calories than fat does. So, once you build up some muscle (which means you may even gain some more between now and then because lean muscle weighs more than fat) that muscle will work double time when you do cardio...and even work some when your sleeping...not to mention how toned you'll look!!!! You'll be happy in the long run that you stuck with it! Just keep changing up your routine...make sure you aren't limiting your calories too much...try to get in some protein right after your workout...maybe some almonds and milk???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg297 View Post
I haven't been doing very well. My days start out pretty good. Then come mid afternoon, it just seems to go downhill. Not giving up. I have to lose enough to fit into my MOB dress. I'm walking and doing other things. Am up to 515 minutes/miles from the 12th. Gonna reevaluate my plan. Then I gotta punch it!
WOW....this is my story right here! I do great in the morning and for lunch...then about 2-3pm I get the munchies. Seems like I could just eat and eat and eat...then I have supper with the family...then snack all night! I'm trying to get myself out of the habit of snacking/eating dessert at night. For a long time I always figured dessert into my dinner calories...now I feel like I have to have dessert everynight...no matter if I'm hungry or not...or if I have the calories or not. So, I'm trying to really break that habit. Sometimes I wish I could put a padlock on my mouth! LOL!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #193  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

OK, I got my mojo back. I'm not going to dwell on my crappy self-destruct from last week. I'm about to go for a walk in a minute, I already went grocery shopping and picked up lots of small, lunchbox-appropriate fruit and vegetable items, and I don't have to be at work for a few hours yet. OH and the scale registered a drop of almost a pound. I know most women say not to weigh every day, but it kind of works for me, so I will continue to weigh and track on a daily basis. It keeps me focused.
I'm going back to the 100-calories every hour or so trick I tried last week. Not 100-calorie packs, just 100 calorie portions of fruit, and veg. I modify the plan a little by not being so strict about the portions (some are a little bigger, most are much smaller) and not trying to eat hourly before and after work. Isn't it odd that only during my shift at work do I have time to stop every hour to eat? I love my job LOL Anyway, here's to getting this fat back off!!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #194  

Talking Great day so far

HEY!

I just finished 30 minutes of walking! It is the most beautiful day here! Cool breeze, blue skies, birds chirping, and everything is blooming! I loved it ! So that totals me 90 minutes That is right! I have been slacking and blaming it on TOM...but no more!

I'm gonna put in 30 minutes of strength training while I watch my soaps this afternoon too....I got alot of catching up to do!!!!

Ohhh...I almost forgot...I already have in 20 ounces of water for the day! And it isn't even lunch time that is crazy good for me! I don't drink water much! And I'm on track with my calories too!

Well.....Here is to hoping everyone is going to seize the last 10 days of this month and make something of it
Old 04-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #195  
Caden's Goofy Gramma

S/C/G: 219/203/160

Height: 5'2½"

Quote:
I'm gonna put in 30 minutes of strength training while I watch my soaps this afternoon too....I got alot of catching up to do!!!!
Melissa...Did you mean catching up on your soaps or your strength training? LOL

That's a great plan to do your weights then. My soap is on a lunchtime so I spend that hour eating my lunch. Think I'll work on the weights after AMC.

You are off to a great start...you've seized the day...now enjoy!!

Last edited by gg297; 04-21-2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: forgot something
Closed Thread