Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Rosie - here's the link we're using: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginner...walkingadt.htm according to this you're at the Maryland state line.

Hunter had her first softball practice today... I have a little slugger on my hands! That girls can HIT! It was so cute to watch all the little 7 year old girls running around the field chasing the ball. I it.

While I was there I did another 30 minutes of walking the trails at the park... through the mud - definately made things a little tougher.

Alright - time to go and get Hunter ready for bed. I may follow shortly after... except I haven't eaten yet!!! I know BAD!!! Ugh. Now I'm STARVING!

REMEMBER - WEIGH INS ARE DUE ON MONDAY - THAT'S ONLY 4 DAYS AWAY!!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:48 AM   #227  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I did about 20 minutes of walking today, and my foot hurt. I don't know if I should just stay off of it for longer or still walk a bit here and there and try to work back up to what I was doing before. How annoying.

Ouch with the dental work. That's one of my least favorite places to be.

I don't have problem with getting the Big O, but I sure wish I could say the same thing about finding a partner to have it with.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:22 AM   #228  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Purple ~ YAY for you and the hubby trying to work things out!

Dixie ~

Rosie ~ I LOLed at 'ooh, and some jerk....' Ouch about the tooth!

Eny ~ Aah, I loved playing softball when I was a kid! I know Hunter is going to have loads of fun.

I'm dragging behind everyone! My mileage is just sorry. I'm going to work on that, I swear!

As for the 'O'.....I think I need to find someone and have a natural one before I try the KY!

Guys, I haaatteee packing! But I forced myself after I got off work, now I'm at the end of the streak which is why I'm still up at almost 5 am! I got most of my clothes, books, and dvds packed up though.

Ended my scale exile today. Thank god I did! Freaking up to 265.8! I'm jumping in the 5lb challenge:

SW: 265.8
GW: 260.8
Old 04-24-2009, 06:29 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all.

Hugs to Dixie.

To JL, get packing!!

To Hunter and her Mommy. I have done more than my share of bleacher time. Enjoy.

Freshman, OW, I never thought of that with the tongue studs, but OW. Way to go on boxing up 1/2 your meal at the beginning!

Ufi, good luck with the foot, I have a wonky knee. Came home from the new "Community Fitness" night last night and immediately, bengay'd it up. Seems not to bad today, will wear flats to work though.

I am going to start the walking cart tonight.

OK, got to get moving toward work!!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Ufi - I wonder what happended to your foot...that is weird! To just sit down and it be fine and then when you get up it hurts???? Maybe it was the way you were sitting on it...or even the way you got up...maybe you just pulled a muscle or something in your foot...I would just keep off it...keep it wrapped up and try alternating heat and ice....and maybe keep it elevated...

Do you eat alot of meat and/or protein??? Low carb diet???

Good luck..I hope it feels better soon
Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Good Morning~We left for the viewing just before 5pm. We are traveling on Indiana 25. We got 11 miles out of town when the Ford dies dead on the road. I am pushing the Explorer to the closest place to get it off the road out of the way. We call a tow truck to come get us. Thank God for the invention of cell phones!!!!!!!!!! We wait and we wait. A tow truck passes where we are waiting. DS waves to him to let him know here we are. He waves back and drives on!!!! We wait another 15 minutes for him to come back. We finally get the Explorer loaded on the flat bed. It is 6:30 when we get to the repair place and get the Ford off loaded. My Niece picks us up and brings us home. I love her!!!!! It is 7:30 now. The viewing is over at 8. By the time we could have gotten there the viewing would be over. We didn't get to go say good bye. We went and had some dinner and tried to relax. The alternator is under warranty. They honored the warranty. It is fixed and ready to go again. I have never had such a struggle as we have had for the last 3 weeks. I hope and pray it is over, we can get on with life as usual.

My DD called yesterday to say the youngest grand child had a temp of 103.7. I am freaking out telling her to put her in a tub of cool water until the temp comes down some. Call her doctor and get some advice and medication for her asap. Her fever came down some. She calls last night to say the middle one came home from her school field trip with a temp of 101.3. They both are going to the doctor this morning. I am waiting to hear from DD to see what the illness is. A temp of 103.7 is way to high, can cause brain damage in children that young. I hope it is over now.

Doing good this morning. ready for a let my hair down afternoon and evening at our sisters' playing cards and watching wrestling. It has been a week! Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 04-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #232  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post

Eny ~ Aah, I loved playing softball when I was a kid! I know Hunter is going to have loads of fun.

I'm dragging behind everyone! My mileage is just sorry. I'm going to work on that, I swear!

As for the 'O'.....I think I need to find someone and have a natural one before I try the KY!

Guys, I haaatteee packing! But I forced myself after I got off work, now I'm at the end of the streak which is why I'm still up at almost 5 am! I got most of my clothes, books, and dvds packed up though.

Ended my scale exile today. Thank god I did! Freaking up to 265.8! I'm jumping in the 5lb challenge:

SW: 265.8
GW: 260.8[/COLOR]
I Loved playing when I was little too. I wish I would have stuck with it through out Jr. & Sr. High though. I actually was pretty good, and was one **** of a 3rd baseman. !

I'm glad that you ended your scale exile... up #'s isn't a good thing. You're now required to send me your weight on Monday (or before).

As for the moving thing - just keep in mind how awesome this opportunity is going to be for you! First off, the money savings - hanign out with an AWESOME room mate - that doubles as an INCREDIBLE Diet buddy! If everyone had the stamina and endurance as Nessa we'd ALL be at goal! She's been doing SO awesome this year!!!!

Plus, moving and packing is good exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
I did about 20 minutes of walking today, and my foot hurt. I don't know if I should just stay off of it for longer or still walk a bit here and there and try to work back up to what I was doing before. How annoying.
Have you thought about going in and getting it checked out? I broke my ankle in 2 places by tripping over a towel when I was 20 - I'm completely convinced that a tiny twist from getting up could sprain a foot or something like that.

Also - there are still exercises that you can do while sitting... if you have a resistance band this is a GREAT one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC9jkkEjlLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Good Morning~We left for the viewing just before 5pm. We are traveling on Indiana 25. We got 11 miles out of town when the Ford dies dead on the road. I am pushing the Explorer to the closest place to get it off the road out of the way. We call a tow truck to come get us. Thank God for the invention of cell phones!!!!!!!!!! We wait and we wait. A tow truck passes where we are waiting. DS waves to him to let him know here we are. He waves back and drives on!!!! We wait another 15 minutes for him to come back. We finally get the Explorer loaded on the flat bed. It is 6:30 when we get to the repair place and get the Ford off loaded. My Niece picks us up and brings us home. I love her!!!!! It is 7:30 now. The viewing is over at 8. By the time we could have gotten there the viewing would be over. We didn't get to go say good bye. We went and had some dinner and tried to relax. The alternator is under warranty. They honored the warranty. It is fixed and ready to go again. I have never had such a struggle as we have had for the last 3 weeks. I hope and pray it is over, we can get on with life as usual.

My DD called yesterday to say the youngest grand child had a temp of 103.7. I am freaking out telling her to put her in a tub of cool water until the temp comes down some. Call her doctor and get some advice and medication for her asap. Her fever came down some. She calls last night to say the middle one came home from her school field trip with a temp of 101.3. They both are going to the doctor this morning. I am waiting to hear from DD to see what the illness is. A temp of 103.7 is way to high, can cause brain damage in children that young. I hope it is over now.

Doing good this morning. ready for a let my hair down afternoon and evening at our sisters' playing cards and watching wrestling. It has been a week! Catch ya all later. Pat
Pat You have been having one heck of a time lately! WOW! My prayers continue to be with you hon.

As for me - I think that Joe and I have a little bug. He's not feeling good this morning, and said his stomach hurts. I'm having some yuckiness as well. I'm hoping it pases quickly! I'm planning on getting a good work out in by going out and getting a TON of yard work done. Last year I didn't have time to do any yard work - so I now have to pretty much tear up EVERYTHING. I'm honestly thinking of planting some wild flowers in the back yard flower garden. I LOVE the fact that they are SO easy to maintain, and all of the colors of them are beautiful. The bad part is - I have NO gardening tools here at all! I don't even own a RAKE! Granted, I have no tress in my yard, so it doesn't matter a whole lot... but I now need to rake out everything! I always love how a pruned yard looks - and how much it helps the muscles!

So i'm off to the store to see what I can get for as cheaply as possible to get my yard started.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies, So I just got the two newest Jillian dvd's I kinda flicked through them and WOW, they look painful, 1hour of stuff with her I must be mad, but...I am willing to try hehe, will let you know how i get one with it.

Just a quick one today, Eny hope you both feel better.

Pat, - you need a break, you have jsut had a run of it haven't you, I am impressed you always seem so upbeat and happy, I think I would have had a fit of the stomping heebies if I had broken down, I'm just not that calm hehe.

Purple gratz on the dh thing, Time will tell Aye!

Hope you ladies have a good weekend

Hugs
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #234  

Hi,

Just a quick one for me as well -- my parents will in from AR in two or three hours, my trainer moved my workout to this evening, and I'm trying to pre-catch up on work stuff before I have to go on night shift Monday...

Eny, hope you feel better!

Purple, I praying for you both (actually thought about you last night and sent up a prayer then). Hope you both will find what you need in this.

Koshinogi, I was looking at Jillian's Metabolism workout -- what did you think? I'm not sure I'm "fit" enough to do her stuff.

I'm doing okay on diet this week but thinking about how to change things up for next week -- two more weeks left in my YMCA's Biggest Loser competition and I want to finish strong and need to make some change -- I'm losing ~2 lbs/week, sort of stagnating a bit. But my parents are here so it's a weekend of making good choices in less-than-optimal situations. So we'll see what I do!

Good luck,

Barb
Old 04-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #235  

Hi Girls!

Doing good so far today, got over half my water in and 30 minutes of walking so far.
Purple: so glad to hear about you and your hubby!

I have a long way to go to catch up to some of you gals! I took a few days to really get going to so I guess I need to get my butt in gear!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:02 PM   #236  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

pretty rough time this week so much school work to do and a very little time to do it. today i am going to spend eating right and cleaning my apartment which is disgusting. i have vowed to get to the gym or park for at least an hour today. i am challenging myself to be OP for 21 straight days...countdown to graduation.

to everyone going through different trials. i realize that even though things might seem as bad as they possibly could get i know that it isnt true. when things seem awful they cant do anything but get better! it may not be in the time frame we would like but its going to happen. the storm must pass. sooo i have decided that as of today i am wading my way through this awful storm of depression that i have been in for the last month. i am going to be the best student i can be for the next few weeks and continue trying to reach my health and weight loss goals. and even when i feel like i dont feel like or physically dont have the energy because of this awful disease i am going to press on. i hope you all will do the same.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #237  

Well girls - between walking and yard work (PHEW) I managed to get in another 120 minutes so far today. I'm EXHAUSTED!!!

That puts me in OHIO!!! But now I'm tired, and I smell like Juniper, since I've been cutting out a HUGE bush of it... I'm STILL no where NEAR DONE!!! Seriously, it's crazy!

I have 6 bushes that need to be torn out in the front, and I haven't even thought about looking in the back yet!

Alright time to chill for a little, and then I think I'm going to walk to pick up Hunter... I LOVE WARM WEATHER!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #238  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Hey girls....

This is a drive by posting. I just wanted to say HI! I'm alive! and gotta go! Hope to catch up this weekend!!!!!! Be good.

Kris
Old 04-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #239  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

I'm back, ladies!

My life is changing, and I'm ready for my body to get healthy. I can't wait to be MAINTAINING this healthy living journey. Unemployed at the moment, and looking for a job that I love. My workouts will be a mix of 4 mile walks, at-home taebo, workouts at Bally's and Bally's group exercise classes. I hope to get to maintenance in no time. I've been tracking my eating for the past couple days, and it's amazing how much I took in on day 1. Today has been great, since I kept myself too busy to eat. I look forward to updating you all on my progress and cheering everyone on.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #240  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well i just did something really stupid 2 pieces of pizza and right afterwards a piece of cake and icecream i am publicly scolding myself for it so i cannot run and hide and pretend that i did not just do that. so feel free to add to the scolding.

anyway today is pretty good. still need to exercise and i plan to do that later tonight.
Closed Thread