Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Melissa- I do take vitamins. I dunno, im usually not sick that much but in the past year seems like I am all the time.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #77  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Heather - if its any consolation... this is not my year for injuries. Matter-o-fact.... just ate crap today leaving my house after lunch, rolled/twisted/sprained the same darn ankle that I rolled in January, 2 days before I gave myself a tale bone injury. I was sooooo PO'd! Ooops... got off on a rant... I actually wanted to tell you I hope you are feeling better soon.

Meanwhile... I may change my name to "Skip" or Ilene 'cause that's how I'm gonna walk after I cut off my foot.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #78  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

My sympathies to those fellow chickies having family issues. It's so hard to deal with.

I've walked to Queenstown town square.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #79  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Heather1979~I never use treadmills Or exercise bikes or steppers or Equipment. Just walk from room to room~It's easier to do also.
You do not have to feel like your exercising.(to me treadmills make me feel like I am exercising~which for me Sucks LOL~So I trick myself sorta~but this may be totally different for you...You may do great with equipment)
I decided to start lifting some weights soon But haven't yet~And that will be a empty milk jug refilled with water for me when I do!!!~I was poor for so long I Use my imagination.(Saves me money I guess LOL~But also makes me a tightwad now hahahahahaha~I hope all that didn't seem rude to ya~YOU ARE DOING GREAT! (PLUS YOU TRIED IT!!! SO I AM SUPER PROUD OF YOU & would be even if you hadn't tried it~ WAY TO GO!)

HUGS!
Old 04-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #80  

Nixmom- Thanks! You sound like your having a tough time. I hope you stop injuring yourself.

Lori- Thanks for the info. Your right, if you exercise in a way that doesnt SEEM like exercise it would probably be alot easier. No, doesnt seem rude at all. You are looking great so any helpful info is appreciated.

Anyone watch TBL? They are looking great! Mike is such a cutie now, lol.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

heather--I was most blown away by Mike because he looked so much younger and his face much thinner after the haircut. I was so sad for Laura! To come that far and have such a serious injury just SUCKS, but I agreed she needed to go home to get better it was a very emotional episode, shows we are nearing the end.

OKay ya'll, 45 minutes on the exercise bike tonight I feel I have my groove back so hopefully nothing comes along to knock me down again. It has just been going that way this year so I am almost expecting it and thinking "okay, what next?"

On another note, had a very emotional discussion with my hubby today. We may be splitting, but not sure right now. it's a very , very long story but it makes me more resolved to keep looking after myself and put less energy into him. That's so sad to say because I love him so much, but he said some things tonight that he said years ago when we did split...and it basically tells me that he has not changed as much as I thought he had and while i have been happier I do not believe he has been.

anyway, it's an issue of me saying "I love you and want you to be happy, and if that cannot be with me then go do whatever it is that will make you happy." His response was that he does not know what he wants so it's all up in the air...but I came out of the talk feeling like it's over, at least the relationship we have had up to today, that door closed today. I don't feel torn up over it, don't have painful aching, bleeding heart that it gave me years ago, it's more like a sigh of "okay, this is just what it is."

I'm not sure what any of this means! If we do split it will be on good terms, but he keeps saying he doesn't want to lose, etc. basically he wants to run around and do his thing and me be here waiting whenever he wants me and that is NOT GONNA HAPPEN buddy! So now he's said he just feels like he'll always be unhappy and doesn't know what he wants or needs.

I think he'll come home and think he can talk out of it and things will go back to normal, but it just can't for me. To hear someone say that half the time they do not want to come home to you and they just do not like you even though they love you, and they have felt stuck with you for the kids...there is NO going back from that! It just changes how I see our relationship, ya know?

Okay, enough venting. It is more complicated, but those are the highlights of his feelings. It was like he was angry and spilling all that out then calmed down and wanted to back out of the things he said, but I"m not letting him do that. Not again. He said it, I feel it was his honest feelings, and he is not going to string me along for 9 more damn years while he "decides" whether he wants this marriage or not! I'm just finished and not even really sad about it this time, which tells me that I may really truly just be finished.

Okay...so now everyone knows why I have been exercising so much it is becoming what I do rather than eat so hopefully I'll be dropping tons of weight while we sort through what happens next!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #82  

Purple- Yeah, thats horrible but atleast she got pretty far before it happened. I agree she needs to go home and take care of herself.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #83  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Purple - I have been there... twice to be exact. My best friend is there right at this moment. There's something strange that happens when you are able love yourself enough to start your own sentence, outloud, with "I deserve". I deserve someone who respects me as much as I respect myself, and them. I deserve to be loved and receive as much as I give. Don't be afraid to tell your hubby what you deserve, and that you hoped he could see that you deserve it and give it to ya. But if he cant, that doesnt mean you dont deserve it. I wish you the best. You sound strong, and level headed. Good for you.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:51 PM   #84  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Any word from Dixie about her sister's mother? I hate that for her and her family so much, I just can't imagine how difficult it is to lose a parent.

Bad food day for me so far. Ate a lot more mac and cheese than I should have, and indulged in a cheese danish without looking at the nutrition facts on the wrapper until after the deed was done (420 cal !!!) Ah, well, do better tomorrow, I suppose. And the day after that, and the day after that.

There's a woman on this site, I don't know her name, whose signature includes the line " To-do list: Lose one pound. Keep it off." I like that.

I'm about to do some crunches and Jane Fondas to alleviate the guilt of the danish and then off to bed. Good night, all!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:03 AM   #85  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

OH, I forgot: there was mention made on a previous page about posting pics of ourselves in a garment that is a tad snug right now, but that should fit in a few more lbs. The garment I had intended to post pics of myself was a uniform shirt from my job, that is a trifle strained around the lower midsection.... Yeah, so long story short, I went to take the picture to post, and was pleased to find that the shirt fits! Hooray! I guess I'll have to root around the closet for something else to use as an incentive garment.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:25 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Thank you everyone. She has congestive heart failure. They called in all the family and talked to us. Cheryl said to come home get some rest, come back in the morning.Three are staying tonight. I will stay tomorrow night. She is struggling so hard to breath. She is wheezing so badly. I will spend the day with her talk about old times. This just breaks my heart. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Pat
Old 04-15-2009, 01:31 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Dixiemae - I'm praying for you.

Purplefirefly -

I have done 30 minutes of exercise for the Walk Across America Challenge. Yay! I went to lunch today and made okay choices but still need to improve on my eating. I would really like to learn how to make my restaurant favorites at home with lower calories. hmmm.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:03 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Just wanted to let you know that I am still here. My shoulder/neck pain took a turn for the worst. Pinched nerve. Lots of pain. I had a MRI yesterday and will see the doc this morning. On the good side..I am down to 200 lbs. Knocking on the door of ONEderland. I hope the mayor lets me in soon.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Purple - I have been there... twice to be exact. My best friend is there right at this moment. There's something strange that happens when you are able love yourself enough to start your own sentence, outloud, with "I deserve".
I think you are very right. I have changed a lot just over the last year with losing weight and then about six months ago I started working from home which gave me more confidence because I am no longer dependant just on him for finances. I have a lot more confidence but I am not sure that has much to do with his issues, they have been going on for awhile.

Honestly, from what he says I believe the only way for me to make him happy would be to turn back time and not let my daughter be born...which honestly I will trade her for him any ol' day, no questions asked, so he's in trouble! we are just to the point the drama isn't worth it, ya know? I even told him since he's a truck driver and is never home he can just go do whatever he wants and I will sleep on the couch when he's home 1 day a week and the kids won't know the difference because honestly I'm to the point I simply don't care!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Thank you everyone. She has congestive heart failure. They called in all the family and talked to us.
so so sorry to hear this, Pat. I'll keep you in my prayers. Try to take care of yourself best you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie22 View Post
My shoulder/neck pain took a turn for the worst. Pinched nerve. Lots of pain. I had a MRI yesterday and will see the doc this morning. On the good side..I am down to 200 lbs. Knocking on the door of ONEderland. I hope the mayor lets me in soon.
losing weight even with that injury, very impressive! You are very inspirational. I can't wait for the mayor to let you in, girl!

Okay, i did not get up to do Gilad this morning but am off to do a 10 minute kickboxing workout...it's all I have time for this morning but will get busy again later.

Melissa--I have not forgotten the clothing challenge! I am going to hang up my rechargable batteries right now...tried to take pics last night and they were dead, of course! I am using a pair of shorts that are stretchy material, they fit right now but are so tight I am not comfortable in them. I am hoping by the end of this challenge they will fit nicely.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #90  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Dixie- I'm so sorry, you're in my prayers.

Purple-It's terrible to be in such a tough situation. Good for you on not letting it derail your goals.

Hattie-Ouch, but yay for being so close to 1-derland I'm sure you'll be there in no time.

Well ladies, I've been exercising and trying to keep up with my minutes, so that's moving along. I've revamped my menu and added some new items. I'm hoping that since I'm home right now without much schedule I can really work on getting my snacking under control. I'm slowly getting there.

I've taken my nsv pic, but I feel kind of ridiculous in it, I may just keep it secret until I've actually got a good picture to put beside it? Would that be alright?
Closed Thread