Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

My dad is visiting this weekend, and it's worked out really well in terms of exercise! I took him on a 2-hour tour of campus, during which we walked constantly (and we're both fast walkers). Then after dinner, we walked down this path next to a waterfall, and it was longer than we thought. It was probably 1.5 hours, and lots of uphill, downhill, and stairs. Yay!

I've been weighing every day, and today is the first day I've been happy with what I saw! Tomorrow will be the official one, but I'm hoping it's the same or better... fingers crossed...
Old 04-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #257  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Hooray for family come to visit! My sister will be here in a couple weeks - we made a pact today to hold each other accountable for our food choices while we're together. Back in the dark days of both os uf being at our highest weights, we encouraged each other to eat badly, for the comraderie I suppose, and we can atone for it by encouraging each other to stay healthy. You don't have to binge to have a good time!

SO, today I found out that my Sunday morning coffee drink comes in a fat free, sugar free version! Squeeeeeeee!! Yay! I don't know how many cals it saved me, but I bet it's a lot, going from whole milk to skim and sugar free syrup.

Also I walked to and from church this morning, for a total of 4.4 miles (ninety mins). I'm almost through with my first 32-oz bottle of water for the day, too. I've never looked forward to a weigh-in as much as I look forward to the one tomorrow.

Hope everybody else is having as great a day as I am!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

May & fresh - I'm glad that you're happy about tomorrow's weigh ins. That means that you girls are staying on plan and doing what you've set out to do!

I'm hoping that we have more losses this week then last week! It's definately time to get moving! Last week we only had 5 people hit their weekly goal - I'm hoping that MORE THEN DOUBLES this week!!!!

Shari - it really puts things in perspective doesn't it... I can't imagine how much walking I'd have to do in order to work off my daily ice cream... which I'm happy to say I have cut back DRASTICALLY on. I'm starting to eat more leafy greens again. It's nice that they now don't make me nauseous.

Alright - time to get my busy little one to her social engagement... aka birthday part for one of her friends. I'm checking back later.

Remember that weighins are due to me by tomorrow night.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls! I'm all excited cause school is gonna be out REAL SOON! And I have a "fool" proof (ha ha ha) plan for the summer! I can't wait! I'm really going to try to get as close to ONEderland as I can by the end of summer....and when school starts back....I have already accepted that it is going to be hard...soooo...I'm going to have SMALL weight loss goals of 5-6 pounds a month! I can handle that....I have spent alot of time the past few days reading old posts/blogs of mine from last summer/fall/winter...I think I know now why I failed so much! Unrealistic expectations leading to feelings of failure when I didn't /couldn't achieve my goals/ leading to binges and quitting/ leading to weight gain!

I know for sure I'm going to be able to kick some bad habits over the summer and really work on things before school starts back! YAY!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:02 PM   #260  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!!!

It's been awhile since I've really been active on here. Sure, I'll post here & there but not like I used to. I need to make it a habit again. That way I'm always thinking about what I'm eating, how much I'm moving, and all that good jazz. Right now I'm having a granola bar and water since I was feeling a little hungry but have late lunch plans with some friends at PF Chang's. I'm not meeting them until 3 so I didn't want to get there and gorge myself because I was extra hungry.

Yesterday I spent the day going through all our "vacation clothes" and have found that things don't fit the same since the last time I was at this weight. My body isn't bouncing back like it use to. So that hasn't been a joyous discovery. But all I can do it work around it for now and see what happens as I lose more weight. The swimsuits that I used to wear with the little skirt cover up aren't going to cut it this time. I went and bought men's swim trunks to wear over both my one pieces. My thighs need some serious help. Both with color and firmness!! The upside is that I bought some cut, flattering dresses to wear at dinner and they are in smaller sizes. So I'm not totally discouraged!

Okay -- let me tell you all how this Mexico trip unfolded ---

About 2 months ago I got an email from my brother in law saying that he found some great deals from Chicago to Mexico in May and that they really wanted to get their Mom & Dad out there before it became too difficult for their Dad (neutrological disease effecting his motor skills, speech, etc). He asked if we could make it out there at the same time -- the more the merrier. So I brought it to my husband's attention. Even though he really wanted to go he was worried about the money (of course) and work (of course). But to make matters worse, my passport was expired and we couldn't find his. So after figuring out where in the finances the money was for our passports I renewed mine and have been pushing him to get a new one because we were running out of time. All the while I was checking on flights/resort arrangements and it was looking horrible with flight times and prices. In the meantime my husband had to have a procedure on his foot in Chicago and he was off of work for a week and a half, which then my in laws come out to spend that time with us. My husband kept saying he knew his passport was in a box in the garage and wouldn't go get a new one. Now we're 3 weeks from the trip. So Friday I spent the whole afternoon in the garage going through everything and I FINALLY found the passport!!! Friday was also my husband's first day back to work and was really scared to ask for more time off (there had been lay offs at work while he was out) but while he was out they weren't selling ANYTHING. His first day back he sold so much that his boss told him anything he wants, he has it no questions asked. SO he said "A few days off to go to Mexico with my family" His boss said "Done" Saturday afternoon I looked back online and overnight there was an AWESOME flight available that was NOT there the night before and I was able to book us. The only thing we were waiting for was my passport. That same evening I got our mail and what was in the mail box but my passport?!?! Is this meant to be or what?!?!

Okay have to go and get ready for my lunch!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hello!

Terapet- Here I am!

1 pd lost this week
Old 04-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #262  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Hi chickies! I've been away...

Got the PM from Eny yesterday and sent her one back saying I apologised for missing the challenge and I hoped it went well.

WELL! After a smack round the head with a wet noodle, a mouthful of abuse for using metric measurements and causing her more stress, and an ORDER! Order, I tell you! to get my tushie back in here, here I am.

Lots has happened since January. None of it relevant. But I'm back, that's the main thing. And I haven't gained toooo much weight (one of the happenings was a trip to Italy. I swear it's my ancestral home, even though I don't have an Italian bone in my body. The food! and the wine! OMG...)

Well done to everyone for their achievements. I've read the thread, and you are doing fabulously.

Cheers chickies!

Ruth
Old 04-26-2009, 09:55 PM   #263  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

still OP hopefully i can post that i have lost a little of this gain i had. i was so excited to get down to 185 and then i had a birthday, sorority conference and TOM. yuck yuck yuck

i can say i had one of the best bday celebrations i have had in many years so maybe it was worth a little setback.

hopefully we can post a bigger loss this week i'm doing my part
Old 04-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #264  

WEIGH INS ARE DUE TOMORROW!!! DON'T FORGET TO SEND ME YOURS!!!

Last edited by Enygirl; 04-26-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #265  

Mel - i'm glad that you've come up with a plan... just becareful not to expect too much out of yourself over the summer too. You've said you're biggest problem is setting yourself up to fail, and attempting to hit close to Onderland in 3 months time is a lot to bite off. We're here to push you though! Summer is a GREAT time to really refocus, reestablish goals, up the Water, and ramp up the exercise since there's SO much you can do outside.

Nessa - for vacations! It does sound like it all lined up perfectly for you!

Heather - It's good to see you back in here! Come back more often!!!

Ruth - I wasn't that bad! But I'm glad you got your butt in here.

Brie - I'm SO proud of you for staying on plan! That's awesome! I'm really hoping that tomorrow there is a collective loss of #38 - that's about the total if everyone hits their goals.

Alright - I'm heading to bed. I'm excited to log in tomorrow so that I can start logging all the losses!

Good night girls!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:33 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Eny- Thanks! I come in alot just not always posting. I always feel like I dont really have anything diffrent to say. I dont wanna bore anyone.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:14 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 267.5/see siggy/150

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies! I've been gone for like a month, and I'm finally back. Had a lot of stuff going on (nothing too hideous, just a relentless string of "one thing after another"). I haven't weighed in for a while either. I think I may have gained a bit but hopefully not too much! I will weigh-in in the morning and try to get back on track again. I need to pm Eny to ask how to get included back into the group tracking stuff.

BTW, I have a friend who has had much success on the JUDDD diet, anybody tried it? It's supposed to be an UpDay DownDay plan, sort of like calorie cycling. I think I may give that a go.

Anyway, I'll try to catch up with you all later. I need to get to bed!
***Hugs all the way around***
Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #268  

Mari - I wondered where the heck you went! You were completely rocking out the last challenge - and then you disappeared!

All you have to do to join back in is PM me your current weight and your Goal weight for 2009... I'll do the rest. Weigh ins are on Mondays... so this will give you a fresh start to the week - and you'll owe me your weigh in next Monday.

I'm glad you're back!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies, my diet is taking a kick in the head as I am dealing with a flare up in diverticulitis, which means I am off almost all fiber. White bread, white rice, white pasta, no fruit with pulp, nothing with over 3 gms of fiber. I feel like a bloated whale. My weigh-in weight is from Friday, and was down 2 lbs from last weeks weigh-in. I don't dare get on the scale at this point. If I'm pain free by Wednesday, I'll add the fiber back in, and hopefully will not be too far up on Monday. The little kid in me says 'Squee! White bread!' but the adult with a more refined palate says, 'Blech, no taste, and so gummy!' Have a good week guys!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Mel - i'm glad that you've come up with a plan... just becareful not to expect too much out of yourself over the summer too. You've said you're biggest problem is setting yourself up to fail, and attempting to hit close to Onderland in 3 months time is a lot to bite off. We're here to push you though! Summer is a GREAT time to really refocus, reestablish goals, up the Water, and ramp up the exercise since there's SO much you can do outside.
Hey Eny! Thanks I know I'm probably not going to hit ONEderland in 3 months I just want to get as close as I can....I feel like the plan I have set up (that starts today by the way) will not let me down!

I checked out that free dieting website someone posted on here not too long ago...I have really been studying things....I think I have a really good plan.

#1. Today I'm cleaning the house...this means the pantry and fridge too..I'm throwing out all the junk food today!

#2. Classes are over (although I still have some finals) so I have no more excuses as to why I can't get it right.

#3. I have made myself a sure fire way to get my exercise in! Last summer I think I quit because I was doing all my exercise while McKenzie was taking her naps....and I was really conflicted because that was when I was wanting to have some down time for myself.....eventually the "me time" started winning out. So....this summer I am going to include her in my workouts...I will go walking in the mornings with her in the stroller for an hour....if it rains I have a back up plan.....during my soaps I will do my strength training......then a short walk with the family or playing outside in the yard after dinner....just something to get me out of the house and not snacking!

#4. I know now that if something isn't working I just need to figure out why and revamp my plan and try again....DON'T GIVE UP! AND don't keep doing the same things expecting different results!

I at least want to hit ONEderland by my anniversary of October 16th....that is like 5 1/2 months to lose 60 pounds....I think I can do it!
Closed Thread