Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Mel - I LOVE your attitude! I'm so happy that you're taking contorl of yourself. and A HUGE part IS getting the junk out - and NOT LETTING IT BACK IN!!! I'm Really bad about that!

I'd be happy to be back into Onderland by your anniversary too! Right now I'm #211 - but I still have 18 weeks until this little man makes it into this world. I keep that this one is like Hunter and I lose EVERYTHING and then some with in 2 weeks after I have him! That'd be AWESOME! I'm going to really start going at it again at the beginning of Oct. That'll give my body a month to recoop. I miss my Jillian!

I've been thinking about restarting the pushup challenge again... i'll do wall pushups right now - for obvious reasons. Anyone want to join me? http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html
I'm going to see where I am here in a few minutes. It's been a long time since I've done these. I'd love to start every morning with 100 pushups to get my day started! Plus - since my stomach is growing and growing.. it'd be great to tone up my chicken wings!

Initial test - 18 wall pushups! My arms are TIRED!!! So now It's started.

Last edited by Enygirl; 04-27-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #272  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning sweet girls!

I am going to have to pop in and say I am about to weigh in and I am DEFINATELY going to be at the bottom of the list this week. I'm a gainer... (FOOEY!). Last week was the most stressful week I have had in a long time... but not to worry... Today is a new day.

Will come back later (hopefully at lunch) to catch up on personals. Hope you all are doing well. Off to PM Eny and drink some water!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #273  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

w00t! I'm back to where I was before I goofed up last week! Lighter, even, by like half a pound.

Walked for an hour today, up to the bank to deposit my state refund and to the Post Office to drop off the Netflices. I had intended to treat myself to a fountain Dr. Pepper from Mrs. Winner's (a fast-food chicken 'n' biscuits chain) but thought better of it when I realized I hadn't weighed myself yet today and I didn't want to weigh myself with a bellyful of sweet pop.

I've been reading that a good method of self-defense while out walking alone is to change up your route every day or so. I'm thinking that I've got two routes laid out now! My usual one that winds around the naighborhood to the mailbox drop-off and up to the Shell station for a newspaper, and now I've got the one that goes by the bank, Post Office, and the library. One is forty minutes, the other is an hour. Flexibility!

I'm chatty cause I'm happy about my weigh-in and the fact that I've got a Monday off work Hope I didn't get on anyone's nerves...
Old 04-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #274  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

well time to get back at it after taking the weekend "off". what a busy weekend it was. but anyway i will be be back later.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #275  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

I still haven't done very well on weight loss. We still have 5 weeks left in this challenge, so I did the math, and I need to lose at least 1.9 each week to reach the goal at the start of this challenge. I'm going to do it. It would be awesome to weigh 272.4. It's been a long time.

Hope everyone's weigh ins were/are good ones.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Hi, ladies! I had a really great weekend and it was so nice not to be working while hubby was here. I am still not sure we can afford for me to cut back my work, but we will see what happens. Hubby is about to go out in his own truck and we have a new payment for that so I am just paranoid thinking this is the wrong time for him to pitch a fit over me working! But, I will run with it and see what happens.

I have a lot of reading to catch up here I think

Down 1 little pound this week, but trying harder for the end of the month weigh in now.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #277  

Hey all,

I lost a little weight this week .6, but I'm glad at least I lost and didn't stay the same or gain.
The good news is that my hubby has finally decided to get serious about getting back into shape. I think hearing about the swine flu started him thinking that he wants us to be healthy and our systems strong. So I'm excited about that, its easier for me if he is doing it too.

A problem that I am having is I could always predict the time of the month that was easier to lose weight, the two weeks after TOM. Well, last week TOM came again just a week after it ended, that has never happened to me before. I have always been very regular with a few exceptions (like after a long sickness). So now I'm wondering where I'm at in my cycle. I hope this was a one time thing, I was not happy about it at all.

Its a beautiful day here in Kentucky so I'm getting off this computer and am going to go enjoy it!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #278  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

down 2#'s yeah! lol

be back later!
Old 04-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
Mel - I LOVE your attitude! I'm so happy that you're taking contorl of yourself. and A HUGE part IS getting the junk out - and NOT LETTING IT BACK IN!!! I'm Really bad about that!

I'd be happy to be back into Onderland by your anniversary too! Right now I'm #211 - but I still have 18 weeks until this little man makes it into this world. I keep that this one is like Hunter and I lose EVERYTHING and then some with in 2 weeks after I have him! That'd be AWESOME! I'm going to really start going at it again at the beginning of Oct. That'll give my body a month to recoop. I miss my Jillian!

I've been thinking about restarting the pushup challenge again... i'll do wall pushups right now - for obvious reasons. Anyone want to join me? http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html
I'm going to see where I am here in a few minutes. It's been a long time since I've done these. I'd love to start every morning with 100 pushups to get my day started! Plus - since my stomach is growing and growing.. it'd be great to tone up my chicken wings!

Initial test - 18 wall pushups! My arms are TIRED!!! So now It's started.
#1. Thanks for the encouragement
#2. YOU CAN DO IT!!! You'll be back down before you know it....I can't believe you only have 18 weeks left.....you will be delivering right around the time I go back to school!
#3. I'm in on the push ups!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust View Post
w00t! I'm back to where I was before I goofed up last week! Lighter, even, by like half a pound....
Hey congrats on the weigh in And for a really cool tool to map out your walks and know how long the walks are go to www.startmakingchoices.com or something like that....once you sign up (its free) you get to use their tools...and one of their tools is a plot your walk kinda thing....you enter your zip code and move the map around to your area..then zoom in and plot your walk...it gives you distance! It is so neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeweled View Post
down 2#'s yeah! lol

be back later!
Yay girl! You go!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #280  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Hi all,

finally getting to catch up here... sorry that some of my personals are from day old posts!

Purple, Sparkle,
- I have the grumpy mood blues hitting and after reading a post of yours from last week, have realized that exercise may be the link. May even go take a walk now... no where near catching you guys on the walk across America... but maybe I can at least get to good mood land.

Purple -
Also... glad to hear you and hubby used this stumbling block to recommit to each other and work through some of the stuff. One day at a time girly.... BTW~ everytime I see the words “surprise party” in your siggy, it makes me want to go to Laughlin and play the Super Jackpot Party slot machine. These little bells go off in my head and... well... never mind...

Ufi & Mmavis - I, too, have joined the ranks of bad-body- part- havers... BOTH of my ankles are pissed at me right now. Going to follow your leads though and keep moving.... I am currently wearing tennis shoes with my “business attire”. Had to, don’t have any flats at the moment, and heels is like an invitation to face plant at the moment. I will continue the week being the least desirably dressed in the building

Dixie -
Lots of well wishes for you and your family.

Koshinogi
- Which Jillian DVD’s did you get? Would you recommend them?

Bejeweled
~ how are you doing “wading through your storm?” I remember hitting a horrible wall of despression just as I was bout 3/4 through my BA and again about 3/4 through my MA. You sound strong and aware, and even though it may not feel like it sometimes, you are definitely in control. Good for you, and for being able to encourages to pull through too!

Eny
~ I will start the Push up challenge with you!!!! Starting all over again tonight~ gonna put my progress in my siggy!

Freshman
- WOOT! Hour power chica! Nice work.

Jazzy - with my gain this week, I am at about 1.9 as a goal to get back on track too! We can do it!

Welcome returning Chickies! Hooray for losing Chickies! And we WILL do better next week for all of us gaining Chickies! I gotta get back to work. Lunch is over in 5 minutes so....

I know there are 20 other people I didn’t do personals for, but my lunch time is nearing its end. I have read everything for the past 5 days (holy moly) and am pleased to see so many people making their way to the west coast ( and even Mexico... Huh Nessa?). Keep it up girls! I’ll be back later!
Old 04-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

ENY--I just realized you are more than 100 miles ahead of me I have to pick it up and make up for the weekend!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Purple - YOu better get going girl! I have an 60 mins that I walk while Hunter's at softball practice - and we're gettomg ready to get going - as long as the weather holds up! It's looking really dark and cloudy right now! I have to check to make sure they haven't cancelled yet.

If they do then I'm popping in a video. I too am having a blah day, and need some exercise endorphines to kick me back into a good mood! :

I'm still missing 16 out of 34 weigh ins!! GET YOUR BUTTS IN GEAR AND PM ME!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Marimari- Welcome back, I totally know what you mean about the string of one thing after another.

Brie- Good job on the weight in , you have been kicking some butt.

Melissa- Thats a cool website!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #284  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Totally almost goofed up again today, but I stopped eating and got a to-go box just in the nick of time and all is well and within reasonable calorie parameters!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #285  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Hi ladies. I'm back from the weekend off. I went to my parents house this weekend, a nearby amish community was having a flower auction. So I bought some azalea bushes and a peonie and some flowers. I had a great time. I weighed in this morning and lost! Yahoo! Victory for actually sticking to plan all week and over the weekend. Glad everyone is doing alright.

I got a little planned exercise in over the weekend, but I'll be trying even harder to pick up my exercise. I'll try and catch up with Eny this week. (totally my hero on the exercise front right now) It's only 3 weeks til my beach vacation!

Nixmom- exercise pulls me out of my grumpy mood. It's my new coping mechanism (I used to go get an icecream). Much more productive.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 04-27-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Closed Thread