So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Oh and Happy Birthday Bjeweled!!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #92  
Caden's Goofy Gramma

S/C/G: 219/203/160

Height: 5'2"

Pat...will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

Purplefly...sending hugs and hopes for the best for you

bjeweled...Happy Birthday!

Everyone...it is so motivating to come and see how you are all doing. You are all more help to me than you'll ever know.

I am going to Walk and Talk today instead of sitting at the computer. Excellent idea! Does that count towards our daily minutes?

I have gotten out and walked the last couple of days. Yesterday was especially nice so got lots in. My Maggie got 2 walks yesterday..a treat for us both! With that and my other exercise efforts, I've gotten in 200 minutes so far. Not sure where I'm at, but I'm gonna go find out!

Have a fantabulous day ladies!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Hi Everyone~Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. My sisters' mother has taken a turn for the worse. The nursing home has called the family in. My sister is out running errands. She doesn't know what is happening. As soon as she comes home I will tell her and go the the nursing home with her. she was there for me when my mom died. It is hard to follow, It is a long story. Her mother is like a second mother to me. This has hit so hard, so fast. I don't know what the next few days will hold. Thank you all for your love and support!!! Pat
Pat you and yours are in my prayers. you! Keep us updated on how everything is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigwitch View Post
hello I'am new to this and would love help in this weight lose battle...your challenge sounds great i weigh 280 pounds and am 5'3
Can you do me a favor and send me a personal message that gives me what your END OF 2009 Goal is. I will determine your weekly goal from that - and message you back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Heather - if its any consolation... this is not my year for injuries. Matter-o-fact.... just ate crap today leaving my house after lunch, rolled/twisted/sprained the same darn ankle that I rolled in January, 2 days before I gave myself a tale bone injury. I was sooooo PO'd! Ooops... got off on a rant... I actually wanted to tell you I hope you are feeling better soon.

Meanwhile... I may change my name to "Skip" or Ilene 'cause that's how I'm gonna walk after I cut off my foot.
OMG - Skip!!! I love it! Maybe working on some balancing exercises might help out... some stability ball - yoga SOMETHING to get your center in the center!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
OKay ya'll, 45 minutes on the exercise bike tonight I feel I have my groove back so hopefully nothing comes along to knock me down again. It has just been going that way this year so I am almost expecting it and thinking "okay, what next?"

On another note, had a very emotional discussion with my hubby today. We may be splitting, but not sure right now.
First off - GOOD FOR YOU TO FOCUS ON YOU! As for the hubby stuff... I don't have any great advice... All I have are love and hugs. Hang in there.. whatever the decision is - nothing is ever going to be the same, except that you are an amazing woman and stronger then most. Hang in there hon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust View Post
OH, I forgot: there was mention made on a previous page about posting pics of ourselves in a garment that is a tad snug right now, but that should fit in a few more lbs. The garment I had intended to post pics of myself was a uniform shirt from my job, that is a trifle strained around the lower midsection.... Yeah, so long story short, I went to take the picture to post, and was pleased to find that the shirt fits! Hooray! I guess I'll have to root around the closet for something else to use as an incentive garment.
That's AWESOME that your "snug" shirt fits! If you can't find something in your closet - I have an entire closet FULL of stuff that doesn't fit me right now! I'm down to 1 pair of jeans that I can still zip up over my every growning belly... but feeling my little man kicking makes it all worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie22 View Post
Just wanted to let you know that I am still here. My shoulder/neck pain took a turn for the worst. Pinched nerve. Lots of pain. I had a MRI yesterday and will see the doc this morning. On the good side..I am down to 200 lbs. Knocking on the door of ONEderland. I hope the mayor lets me in soon.
I'm SO sorry to hear of the pinched nerve! Let us know what the Dr. says. On the other hand - knocking on Onderland's door is AWESOME! You could TOTALLY be there by Monday's weigh in. And ALSO if you're at #199.5 - you've hit your goal for the week - which is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg297 View Post
Everyone...it is so motivating to come and see how you are all doing. You are all more help to me than you'll ever know.

I am going to Walk and Talk today instead of sitting at the computer. Excellent idea! Does that count towards our daily minutes?

I have gotten out and walked the last couple of days. Yesterday was especially nice so got lots in. My Maggie got 2 walks yesterday..a treat for us both! With that and my other exercise efforts, I've gotten in 200 minutes so far. Not sure where I'm at, but I'm gonna go find out!

Have a fantabulous day ladies!
I'm So glad that you're finding the support that you need here. Also I think SEVERAL of us are taking up the "Walk & Talk" Philosophy... THANKS LORI!!!

Bjeweled -

As for me - I had a REALLY rough day yesterday... well actually Joe did - but it effects us all. He had to quit his job yesterday. His manager is pretty much a complete @ss - and he took some complaints to him in regards to the way that all of the employees are being treated - and the guy told him to F* off... for a Manager to say that is completely uncalled for. So Joe then took it to the owner - and he then just brushed him off like it didn't matter. It really sucks that My hubby stood up and became the voice for 15 people and completely got burned for it - but the crap that was happening was completely wrong, not to mention illegal (working 10 1/2 hours with NO break - getting yelled at for using the bathroom etc. etc.) Joe's going to be talking to the staffing agency that staffs all of their employees today... it's just a mess!

He felt SO aweful - especially because of our current situation... he doesn't want me stressing about finding a job - and would really like me to stay off work as long as possible after the baby's born - but on the other hand, I'm worth more then him due to my education. He plans on starting college this semester - but it'll be a while befor ehe's certified. UGH! Being a grown up is HARD WORK!!!

I did however walk for 45 mins last night - doing the Walk and Talk method. Thank God for long winded friends! and I'm going to get my butt moving this morning too. I have a lot of soul searching and thinking to do... *sigh*
Old 04-15-2009, 10:23 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I just toured the elementary school with my little boy it's so hard to imagine both my kids being gone off to school all day next year. He has gotten so big, I jsut kept looking at him in there and wanted to cry! It's so hard when your baby takes those steps, ya'll!

Hubby called and acted like nothing is new, just as if nothing ever happened. For me there is an emotional disconnect, like I just wasn't willing to really talk openly to him. They are sending him off to Texas and he's bummed he'll miss our son's first Tball game but really I am okay, it may be good for him to be off for awhile and us to have some time apart, ya know?

I haven't gotten to my kickboxing yet! He called then I had to run out the door to tour the school now I have to get some work done before i get my son from preschool, so...I will be doing it around lunchtime I think!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Purple~

Brie~ H A P P Y~~B I R T H D A Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to catch a quick shower and head to the nursing home. Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and support. Love you all! Pat
Old 04-15-2009, 11:34 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Purple You have so much going on now~~wish I could give you one in person! Your attitude sounds incredible.

Just did another workout with Maya (MFC on Wii)--I did a shorter one (30 min) and then did 30 min on the elliptical. I focused on upper body again with Maya, but realized 1/2 way through that I should have done core. Sigh. Don't think I'll be getting the dog out for a walk today as it is raining yet again. I actual did walk him in the rain yesterday, but it was just misting.

for you too, Eny. Your dh did the right thing, and hopefully something good will come out of it for him, and for the others who are left working for that company.

Everyone--don't let the stuff life throws at you keep you from getting strong and healthy on the inside and outside. Being strong and healthy makes you more able to handle whatever comes your way. I'm so thankful that I can come here and be motivated, find support, and give support. I don't post a lot, but I think about all of you each day, especially as I'm sweating on the elliptical or making a wise choice for food.

ETA: Has anyone heard from Faux? It's been almost a month since she posted anywhere on 3FC........

Last edited by JennyRaye; 04-15-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Hey Everyone,

Damn you girls can post haha, hope everyone is ok.

Dixie - I am sorry to hear about all your troubles, my thoughts are with you, I know how you feel.

Bjewelled - HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONGRATS

Eny - I hope all turns out well for you, I think he did the right thing thought, It's a nightmare when people dont back you up though.

Ok, so I have some pics of ill fitting jeans and my new dress for my friends wedding, I need to flatten my tummy i think or get some magic pants.

either way here they are!!

I haven't got in alot of exercise so far but I will update sig soon, op with food so far

oh and Eny, thanks for the goal, seeing it like that makes it feel so much easier!

Have a good night ladies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00188.jpg (31.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00189.jpg (32.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00190.jpg (23.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00191.jpg (23.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #98  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

thanks ladies!
i am trying to get lots of schoolwork done so i guess its my first big girl bday lol.
for purple and dixiemae
eny - yr dh did the right thing. it will come back to you as a blessing. just be patient.
back to studying. ttyl
Old 04-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #99  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry life has taken it's toll on some of you. Purple, best wishes for the best for your family, Eny, hope your husband finds a much better job.]

Happy Birthday BeJewelled.

Now for my habits:

I was thinking I had only one new habit for the year, taking my daily vitamin, then yesterday I realized I had forgotten another big one. I have been exercising on a regular basis since the last part of January. In fact, after 2 months of consistent exercise, it appears I am no longer retaining fluid on a daily basis. What a bonus!

New habit I want to get firmly planted in my lifestye: (acutally 2 of them)

Go to bed by 12:30 p.m. at the latest.
Drink at least 24-32 oz water daily, I get in the habit, and then I let up and have to work at it again.
(I should add these to my ticker.)

Thanks Eny for all you do! This is really a great group of people and a wonderful motivating challenge group.

Last edited by JazzyPeggy; 04-15-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #100  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

HATTIE I AM SO PROUD OF YOU~You have waited so long and I know onederland will soon welcome you.

EVERYONE ELSE ~I am soooo glad Y'all are doing the walk while you talk method ~I came up with....You will start seeing results soon!!! Keep up the good work.

ENYAre you messaging us all a goal???I am a bit confused on that part.
let me know.
THANKS!

Well~the kids will be home soon so I gotta get them something ready to eat~They come in from school starving LOL~Or so They say.
I'm making them a low calorie pizza and they can have yogurt or sugar free pudding.YUM YUM~
Old 04-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #101  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Koshinogi My tummy does the same thing~I have been wearing a size to big as far as jeans with a belt....and dresses~Same thing.Like I have on a size 16 in my avatar but a 14 fits great but my belly does the muffin top results with the 14's Although they fit me better than the 16's.
Sometimes the illusion is different if its a little bit to big~Not falling off sloppy big~but just a little bit.Maybe that would work.
I think you are looking great though~And it will leave before you know it.

Plus it doesn't look bad~We just gotta remember that the tummy is usually the last thing to go.
(DANG IT ~THAT I HATE!)
HUGS~& GOODLUCK GIRL!!!!
I can not wait to get to your weight of 186!
I wanna get outta these 200's forever!

Last edited by Lori259; 04-15-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Melissa- I do take vitamins. I dunno, im usually not sick that much but in the past year seems like I am all the time.
not just vitamins.....Vitamin C. I have a genetics professor that says if he even feels like he is gonna be sick he takes like 3 Vitamin C tablets 3 times a day for a total of like 9....he said he hasn't been sick in years since he started that....vitamin C is GREAT for the immune system....but you need some vitamin D to go with it (main source of Vitamin D from the sun!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Anyone watch TBL? They are looking great! Mike is such a cutie now, lol.
Yes! It is amazing! I called Tara from day one! I'm thinking now it is gonna be between Tara and/or Mike. I'm glad they sent Laura home. I mean Kristen needs to be there and CAN be there and work out. Laura needs to be there but she can't work out....so for them to keep Laura there would just be mean! If she wouldn't have went home this week it would have been the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
I've taken my nsv pic, but I feel kind of ridiculous in it, I may just keep it secret until I've actually got a good picture to put beside it? Would that be alright?
The nsv challenge is completely optional so you can do it or not do it...or do it the way your talking about....but I hope you know that we are all in the same boat here and that no one here would be judgemental about the way you look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
As for me - I had a REALLY rough day yesterday... well actually Joe did - but it effects us all. He had to quit his job yesterday. His manager is pretty much a complete @ss - and he took some complaints to him in regards to the way that all of the employees are being treated - and the guy told him to F* off... for a Manager to say that is completely uncalled for. So Joe then took it to the owner - and he then just brushed him off like it didn't matter. It really sucks that My hubby stood up and became the voice for 15 people and completely got burned for it - but the crap that was happening was completely wrong, not to mention illegal (working 10 1/2 hours with NO break - getting yelled at for using the bathroom etc. etc.) Joe's going to be talking to the staffing agency that staffs all of their employees today... it's just a mess!

He felt SO aweful - especially because of our current situation... he doesn't want me stressing about finding a job - and would really like me to stay off work as long as possible after the baby's born - but on the other hand, I'm worth more then him due to my education. He plans on starting college this semester - but it'll be a while befor ehe's certified. UGH! Being a grown up is HARD WORK!!!
Your a good wife for being so understanding. I was in a similar situation a year or so ago and my husband wasn't so sympathetic....I got the whole....Life isn't fair...your not ever gonna have a job that is perfect, you have a family to think about and sometimes your just gonna have to take some crap but at the end of the day we have bills to pay and food to put on the table.....and you can't just speak your mind...you just need to go to work and work and keep your mouth shut...and if you don't like your job you find another one first and then quit/get fired from the first one!

So where the crap is Fauxtini!!!

Happy Birthday bjeweled!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 04-15-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Happy Birthday Brie!!!

Melissa- Thanks for the tip, I guess I need to go get some. Everytime I get sick I start coughing up a lung. I think it has something to do with my tonsils though. My throat gets real itchy and it makes me gag and I cough and cough. I dont know where Abby is but I know where Abby is but she commented on one of my pics to Vegas on myspace like a week ago.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #104  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink

My GF & I got in a bad car accident about a month ago. We got completely T-boned by a truck. The jerk ran a red light and then smashed right into the side of our car. My GF's dad does Autobody and he said the frame of the car is completely wrecked, the car is just totaled. I'm just so happy we got out of it okay though... The truck seemed so huge-- he honked and we had just a moment to see his bumper right outside our window before the collision. My eyes were open when all this glass came flying at us. All I could think to do was put my hands over my head to try and protect myself from glass and flying metal scrap. The impact pushed us several feet up into a dirt mound right in front of 7 Eleven. I got my seat belt off and got out of the car as fast as I could (for some reason both my GF & I thought the car might explode.. hah). I wanted to get out of there and walk home, since we were 2 or 3 blocks from her mom's house. But then there were all these people telling us to sit down, lay down, stay still. There were at least 20 witnesses, who all said he ran a red light, going probably 35 or 45mph. The driver's side door was smashed in so far it should have crushed her legs, but she had jumped towards the passenger side. Apparently we almost hit the pole of a street light on the passenger (my) side too. We're both okay, just bruised. Surpisingly for all that glass, we weren't cut but a few nicks. It was just two days after my Birthday, so everyone kept saying "Happy Birthday", which was a bit annoying coming from cops and ER techs. I am so thankful we weren't seriously hurt though...

Anyways, the relevance of this was that I had a question. I thought it might be easier to answer if you understood my situation. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on some at-home exercises/free weight exercises I could do that wouldn't be quite as strenuous. Whenever I work out or do anything that would be considered productive or beneficial to my weight loss, I end up feeling it for days afterward. The pain in my back and neck is more than enough to worry me, and while I'm pretty sure it's just the result of whiplash, I'm still waiting for an evaluation by a doctor to make sure. I would appreciate if anyone had any ideas.. my weight loss has slowed quite a bit since the incident, and right now I'm just hoping it doesn't come to a screeching halt.

Thanks for the consideration,
Kimmy
Old 04-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori259 View Post
ENYAre you messaging us all a goal???I am a bit confused on that part.
let me know.
THANKS!
I'm not emailing everyone a goal if they were posted on the previous page... sicne I don't remember if yours was posted or not - your weekly goal is #1.7 EVERY WEEK.. NO SLACKING! If you hit it/go over one week you DO NOT get to slack the next... TOM DOES NOT COUNT AS AN EXCUSE!!!! I know - I'm mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrthWurm View Post
Anyways, the relevance of this was that I had a question. I thought it might be easier to answer if you understood my situation. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on some at-home exercises/free weight exercises I could do that wouldn't be quite as strenuous. Whenever I work out or do anything that would be considered productive or beneficial to my weight loss, I end up feeling it for days afterward. The pain in my back and neck is more than enough to worry me, and while I'm pretty sure it's just the result of whiplash, I'm still waiting for an evaluation by a doctor to make sure. I would appreciate if anyone had any ideas.. my weight loss has slowed quite a bit since the incident, and right now I'm just hoping it doesn't come to a screeching halt.

Thanks for the consideration,
Kimmy[/FONT]
Kimmy - frist of all I'm really glad you & your gf are ok! WOW! Secondly I COMPLETELY feel you on the B-day thing! I HATE mine! 2 years ago I was in the hospital on my b-day w/ serious kidney stones, last year DD was in there due to an out-of-the-blue, no-reason-for-it seizure, and this year I lost my job 5 days before it. Yea - The first 2 weeks of February could just disappear and I wouldnt car a BIT!

As for the non-strenuous exercise... walking is good, yoga is good, stability ball is good... all low impact. Also - it helps if you break up your sessions... do 15 mins 2-3xs a day instead of 1/2 hour-45mins all at once. Drink a TON of water, and remember - it doen't have to be physically exhausting to make a difference - as long as at the end of the day you're burning more calories then you're taking in you'll lose weight. THAT'S THE KEY! That is why a LOT of people lose a good chunk of weight just by eating better without adding any additional physical activity to their plan.
Closed Thread