Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Mel- The old Navy by me stopped carrying maternity clothes, now the closest one by me is an hour away! I don't like buying clothes online - since I'm so odd shaped - especially now! ugh. Hopefully I'll be able to get by on the one pair of maternity jeans and the stretchy bottoms I already had. Since I'm not working right now I don't have to worry too much about social gatherings.

Primm - not only have I thought about digging stuff out of the trash - but I have done it! NOT one of my prouder moments.. trust me! But luckily those days are behind me. I've learned to tip the containers - and really I just don't buy the trigger foods to sit in the house now.

So is anyone else jumping in the pushup challenge with Mel, Ufi and I???? I'm bound to tone up my arms!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #332  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey there all!!

I am totally starting that 200 squats thing this week!

I did 10 min on the elliptical and then 40 min in spinning class today.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #333  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Squats, pushups, situps. All at the same time!

Not really, but you know what I mean. And I have to start running again. I've been a slack little bunny lately.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #334  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow, today was the first day I stayed totally OP with minimal modifications and I am really psyched to see what the results will be... after I posted that earlier about not seeing any difference for a couple days, I remembered that I had forgotten to stretch out a little before I weighed. I find that if I hop on the scale first thing in the AM without walking around a little and moving around first, my stiffness affects the weigh in somehow and it reads higher. So as of a stretched and worked out and loosened up weigh-in this mid-morning, I'm actually down a little. Yay!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primm View Post
Ok then, done. And I opened the packets and tipped them into the bin so I won't be tempted to go back and get them out - hey, don't tell me none of you have ever thought of doing that!
I actually do this when I throw food away...or i throw it outside in a certain spot for the neighborhood cats/dogs/birds...LOL

One day for lunch we were all here eating (hubby and I)....he didn't finish his double burger...he wrapped it back up in the wrapper and put it back in the bag along with his napkin and empty fry box and threw the bag in the trash...after he left I dug the bag out and took the burger out and finished it.....I felt so ashamed and nasty...I cried
Old 04-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #336  

Good morning girls! So the good news - the baby is doing PERFECT! Iffy news - I gained #8 this month! My Dr. isn't concerned about it - but it does put me at gaining #20 so far. I'm trying not to stress about it - I just know that I have to get back in control. Apparently my daily ice cream fix (or 2xs a day) needs to STOP and I need to really start being diligent with my calorie counting.

I have to be honest - I'm been slacking BIG TIME. I have the mind set of "oh I'm pregnant - as long as it's not completely out of control I'll be fine." But I know that as soon as I'm done being pregnant cutting back my food is going to be HARD and losing weight is ALWAYS Hard! I need to stop using the pregnancy as a "get out of jail free" card - and stay as healthy as possible.

Alright - time to get my day really going. I'll check in later!
Old 04-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies!

I'm in a great mood today. It's the last day of classes for the semester, and I got nearly 8 hours of sleep last night. I actually woke up before my alarm because I'm not used to sleeping so long.

Yesterday I had the chance to get free pizza, no obligations (usually you need to sit through a seminar for free food!)... and I turned it down. Instead I went home and ran for 30-40 minutes, did some strength training, then ate the dinner I had planned. Yay!

The challenges keep on coming, of course... today there's pizza and beer at a seminar, and tomorrow is the big university-sponsored party on campus (full of drunken undergrads, of course ) and I plan on going at least for a few minutes to see what it's all about. I guess they get some big-name musicians... this year it's the kittycat Dolls... might be interesting. At least you have to pay for the food and beer there, so I'm much less likely to have any.

So far I'm down almost 2lbs from last week's horrendous weigh-in, and it's only halfway through the week!

My husband just got down under 200 lbs for the first time in probably 5 years. He's super excited. This new job has him constantly moving, and he doesn't eat much, so the weight is just falling off.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Eny- You can still get maternity clothes from Old Navy online and alot of times its probably cheaper.

Melissa- Takin food out of the garbage is a bad bad girl! I never took food out of the garbage however I have finished other peoples food after they were done, I actually did that alot.

Mayness- Good job on skipping the free food. The school sounds cool, what school is it?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Mayness- Good job on skipping the free food. The school sounds cool, what school is it?
Cornell. It seems like it would be a really cool place to be an undergrad... then again, it's tough to get in, you have to either have great grades or be related to the right people. And it's usually fairly easy to tell which way a student got in. It's fun as a graduate student, too, at least in my program. I guess they have to keep us entertained when we're living in the middle of nowhere.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
I have to be honest - I'm been slacking BIG TIME. I have the mind set of "oh I'm pregnant - as long as it's not completely out of control I'll be fine." But I know that as soon as I'm done being pregnant cutting back my food is going to be HARD and losing weight is ALWAYS Hard! I need to stop using the pregnancy as a "get out of jail free" card - and stay as healthy as possible.
and LOL!!!

You are so right....the better you do now the better off you will be when the baby gets here. Maybe you should print that up and tape it to your mirror/fridge/freezer/pantry/etc......I'm taping my goals up all through the house for the month of May...LOL! It seems like you are good with exercise....its just the food that gets us all! Its like a freakin' drug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
I'm in a great mood today. It's the last day of classes for the semester, and I got nearly 8 hours of sleep last night. I actually woke up before my alarm because I'm not used to sleeping so long.

My husband just got down under 200 lbs for the first time in probably 5 years. He's super excited. This new job has him constantly moving, and he doesn't eat much, so the weight is just falling off.
Holy Poop Batman ....8 whole hours of sleep...whats that like ???

I'm with you..I'm glad school is out

And YAY for your hubby!

Oh and Heather - I know....I'm not proud...don't tell anyone

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 04-30-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #341  

Heather - I hate buying clothes online, especially pants because I'm SO odd shaped, and short. I've NEVER been able to keep a pair of pants that i've bought online. Not worth the time and dissappointment for me.

Mel - I think you're right, my exercise is good - my food isn't so much. I am going to do better. 1800-2000 cals a day.. PERIOD! Which means - since I'm starving ALL THE TIME I really need to eat low cal foods so I can eat more. The baby carrots were a good choice for yesterday - I just hav eot keep doing that.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #342  
Backpedaling!!

Well, I think the time has come to re-evaluate my dieting methods - I have been seeing some crazy-awesome results with the hourly eating trick, but I'm finding that by the seventh or eighth day of doing it, I'm just way too hungry all the time to keep it up. SO, I'm thinking I'll sacrifice speed for comfort and only do this trick maybe a couple days a week, when I need a boost. Also, it's a massive pain in the tushie to cobble together six to eight mini-items to pack for my day at work. I'm also really tired of never having a hot meal. Today I couldn't stand it anymore and bought a ham, egg, and cheese "croissant" from the wheel of death in the breakroom. I don't feel bad or guilty and I know I didn't wreck my calorie budget for the day. It just brought home to me that the one way in which I have been feeling deprived is in the lack of hot food.

That and I got to thinking about how fast I've been losing weight and it's very easy for me to get competitive with myself, to the point where I'll get used to three pounds a week and will get discouraged with only losing one pound or even less, and it's not good for me to get into that over-achiever mindset. Especially since the whole point of losing weight slowly is to give the skin a chance to spring back, and it's no good to diet yourself into oblivion if you're going to be unable to maintain when you hit goal. The prospect of hourly eating for eternity is daunting.
*humbled*

Yeah, so I'm going back to three or four health-conscious small meals a day and ramp up the exercise if I feel the need. It's not a race, right?
Old 05-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #343  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink

My brand new Tanita Solar scale arrived today! I'm so happy to have a more efficient and eco-friendly addition to my bathroom. My other weighing options were a digital and non-digital scale, both over 5 years old. One weighed on the high end, one on the low. Both were cheap-o scales. The one I just bought was a bit more expensive, but worlds worth it! Tanita not only sells personal scales, but also professional ones for doctor's offices and gyms. I've seen the brand several times in both types of places, and have grown to trust it's results. Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow morning and see how close or far my current weight is from the truth!! Wish me luck.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #344  

Rosie - You're right it's NOT a race. And this isn't about losing weight as much as being happy and healthy. You're making LIFE CHANGES - so if you're happy with eating cold meals every day for the rest of your life - then go for it.

I'm competitive with myself too - and I know there are SEVERAL girls on here that get bummed out if they lost #1 after a week of losing #2+. That's one of the reasons I set up the weekly goals. You have to keep thinking - #1.3 a week. REGARDLESS of you #3.4 loss the week before. You need to be reasonable with yourself!

Urth - on the new scale. You are doing AWESOME!

alright - time for this little momma to get going. I just decided that DD and I are walking to school. I'll update the ticker when I get back. I gotta MOVE IT!!!!

...Ok just got back. It was a nice 37 minute walk. It's 1.5 miles there and back. I'm off to go and eat some breakfast, do some bill paying, bank visiting and grocery shopping now. Oh - but first - day 2 of PUSHUPS!

Last edited by Enygirl; 05-01-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #345  
Backpedaling!!

I just got up and it's such a relief not to feel so restricted in what I eat. I would have had to put that plan on hold over the weekend anyway, unless I wanted to carry a fanny-pack of 100-cal snacks to the Race for the Cure 5K with me tomorrow. I'm not really into any scenario that involves a fanny-pack so that's out!
Closed Thread