G2009 - Reflections of the Way Life Used to Be Challenge - Page 20 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #286  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey there all

Wt 189.4....

I am not as far down as I could be, but I did have some food setbacks last week. (namely, donato's, olive garden, and dagwoods sub shop) so I am glad that at least it's down and not up!

Onward and Upward this week!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #287  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Well, I managed to hold the line with weight despite being Miss Limpy, although I didn't lose. Here's to health returning to us all!

And, seriously, do take care of yourselves and wash those hands, what with the whole swine flu thing. Hope it doesn't get as bad as they're worried it could.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Girls - so far the stats ar elooking pretty good... I'm still missing some weigh ins - but there's a few hours left.

I'm going to bed - the other 9 people better have their weights in BEFORE I get up in the morning!!!

Good night girls!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #289  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for keeping track of that Eny!

Oh yeah - and I DID make it to the 180's!!! WAHOO! One decade closer to goal!!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:26 AM   #290  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

On Sunday my weigh in was great, today, TOM and I feel like a beached bloated whale.

Yay.

Last edited by mothermavis; 04-28-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:18 AM   #291  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

I weighed in this morning and I'm down 1 pound. Yesterday morning it said I was the same. I'll take what I can get!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default WEEK #2 Results

WEEK #2 RESULTS!

STATS:
# OF PEOPLE - 30
# OF WEIGHINS RECEIVED - 25
# OF LOSSES - 18
# OF GAINS - 5
TOTAL WEIGHT LOST FOR WEEK #2 - #21.5

WEEK #2 WINNER - PRIMM WITH AN AWSOME #3.5 LOSS!

RUNNERS UP
FRESHMANWEIGHTORBUST - #3.4
KEILLYNSMOM - #3.4

WEEKLY GOAL WINNERS
BJEWLED - #1.1 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
DIARY - #.4 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
FRESHMANWEIGHTORBUST - #2.1 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
HATTIE22 - #.5 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
JENNYRAYE - #1.4 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
JO7475 - #.4 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
KEILLYNSMOM - #1.5 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
MOTHERMAVIS - #1.9 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
MRSAUGIE - #1.3 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
PRIMM - #2.7 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
SPRKLEMAJIK - #.6 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
STNESSA79 - #.1 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!
URTHWURM - #.2 PAST WEEKLY GOAL!

OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS
DIARY IS OUT OF THE #190'S!
FRESHMANWEIGHTORBUST IS OUT OF THE #250'S!
KEILLYNSMOM IS OUT OF THE #270'S!
MOTHERMAVIS IS OUT OF THE #150'S!
PRIMM IS OUT OF THE #190'S!
URTHWURM HIT HER MAY GOAL 2 WEEKS EARLY!!!

This week went a TON better then last week! It's AWESOME to see so many losses!!! Also that SO MANY of you are hitting your weekly goals! All you have to do is hit that goal EVERY WEEK and you WILL hit your 2009 goal! For the 5 people that missed the weigh in - DON'T MISS IT NEXT WEEK!!!

For the 5 people that gained this week - RAMP IT UP GIRLS! It's YOUR TIME! YOUR LIFE! You either make it happen - or you make excuses... if you want to do the latter week after week - then don't be suprised by the results. You have to do this!!!

For the 5 people in new "decades" - KEEP MOVING FORWARD! YOu're NEVER Going back up there!!! Do what you have to to hit the next one!!! It's hard - but WELL WORTH IT!!!

Alright - time for this little momma to get Hunter to school, and then off to my mom's for scrapbooking day.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

OMG! I forgot to weigh in yesterday!!! How could that have happened?

URRHHHGGG! Congrats to everyone! It looks like so many people are and taking names! I'm proud of you all!

So, guess that means I was supposed to start a new challenge yesterday!! LOL! I'm telling you I completely am screwed up on my days this week!

Alright...off to start a new challenge!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #294  

Default Mini-Challenge #3

Mini-Challenge # 3

Food Challenge

Okay! So, one of the things I have noticed is that I seem to stock the pantry with trigger foods! You know the ones....chips, cookies, little debbie cakes. I'm DONE! I could be going about my day on plan, and I catch a glimpse of the food or start craving it cause I know it is there....and BAM. Okay, I will just have one I think....the next thing you know I have eaten half the container, and I'm vowing to renew my weight loss efforts the next day.

You know this routine too....the next day turns into next week....the next week turns into next month....before you know it half the year is gone and we haven't made much progress.

So, your challenge this week is to -->

#1. List on here what are some of your trigger foods
#2. Be honest....do you have any in your house????
#3. Do you have any foods in your house at all that really shouldn't be there just because you could binge on it in a weak moment or to "reward" yourself for something?????
#4. MOST IMPORTANT --> Throw away any junk food in your house that shouldnt' be there.....this includes chips, cookies, snack cakes, ding dongs, cheetos, and ANYTHING that really isn't of good nutritional value.

Now, if you tell yourself that you buy those things because your family shouldn't have to suffer just because you are on a diet...then SHAME ON YOU!!!!! First of all, don't give them a chance to fall into the bad habits you have. Teach them that fruit can be a good and satisfying snack. Teach them that we don't have to eat dessert after dinner just because we have something for dessert. Teach them that eating is about nourishing our bodies so that we can get up and do the things we want to do.

There is nothing wrong with letting them have a treat here and there...but you can buy the single serve packages at the check out isle for those.

AND secondly, you are NOT on a DIET....you are trying to create a healthy LIFESTYLE for yourself...and shouldn't your family also have a healthy lifestyle as well???
Well Good luck to you all! This is gonna be a hard one!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 04-28-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #295  

Hey!!! You guys know the 100 pushups and 200 crunches challenge thing??? Well now on their site they have a 200 squats too! I just thought that was cool that they keep adding new things...here is the link if you wanna check it out.

http://www.twohundredsquats.com/
Old 04-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #296  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Congrats to all the losers and those that made other achievments!

Well, I do have foods that I shouldnt have. I buy fruit roll ups and such and think I can use that as a small dessert when I want one and I end up eating two at a time instead of one because they are sooo darn good. I also usually have some chips but luckily they dont stay around long because my dad eats them all. I am a total money waster sometimes. I buy foods that I should eat and then I dont eat them and they end up going bad or something. Some of my trigger foods are chips and anything thats sweet. I do tend to buy things and say they are "just in case" im craving something sweet but of coarse it never works that way.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #297  

Melissa- How did the phentermine work for you?
Old 04-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #298  

Heather - the phentermine works GREAT...I just feel terrible when I take it....really tired and sometimes dry heave alot.....I still have it, but I just hate feeling like that.....I just couldn't do it...it is like being bulemic (sp?) I could NEVER do that either...LOL! And of course I love to eat too much to be anorexic. So, guess I will just have to do it the old fashoned way.

I'm really going to try to have my own "Biggest Loser" this summer. I've got big plans...hopefully I can stick to them....I don't have anything else to do...LOL...school is out...and I only have a few finals left.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #299  

Melissa- Yeah thats how I felt when I took it. I had a ton of energy for like a week and after that I was worn down and didnt really feel so hot and had some of the worst headaches. Im trying to find another appetite suppressant that isnt quite as bad because eating is obviously my problem but no such luck.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I'm in a grumpy mood today, but I haven't checked in for a while, so I wanted to say hi! Even if I don't post much, I really REALLY love being part of this group and supporting each other. Sorry, I'm getting mushy.

I gained this week... again... and I really couldn't tell you why. I had a few questionable days at the beginning of the week, but overall it was good... then Sunday I weighed and was happy, but I wanted to weigh in on Monday since that's what I did last week... and I was up 3 POUNDS OVERNIGHT! Grr! But I counted it, a 1lb gain... and I'm moving on.

Since last week caught me by surprise I figured I'd start counting calories again. I thought yesterday was a really good day, and I ate 1700 calories, which is about what it takes for me to lose half a pound a week (like I've been doing). If I want to lose more than that, I definitely need to go back to calorie counting consistently. So that's my plan!

In fact, there are a lot of little things in my diet that I'm re-thinking now, which goes well with the new food challenge! I'll post about that later, I've got some homework to finish.
Closed Thread