Old 08-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Eny~Sorry to hear that there won't be a baby. On your list of to-dos add Eny time. Say half an hour to do something just for you..Don't get too bogged down. I, too, need to make a list. I get really up tight when the bills start coming in. This month they are all higher than I had allotted for. I have laundry and dishes to do. Then I will go from there. Okay friend, we can do this--Get your pen we are going to cut some stones!! Catch ya all later. Pat
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #167  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

(( Eny ))

I'm posting from the library, again. No net for two weeks, grrrr.

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm thinking about y'all. I hope this net thing gets resolved FAST. I'm tired of being able to see and not post (which is what I can do from my phone, apparently).

A quick update for me: Went to my first group training on Saturday. Leave it to me to have my head in the clouds: It was supposed to be 3 miles, but I missed the turn around point and made it to the library, which was 2 miles one way, for a total of 4 miles. Not too shabby, considering I was still sick.

I hit the scale this morning, and I've dropped another 2 lbs. It's coming off, yay! I met a friend for breakfast the other morning. He hadn't seen me really since February or so. He seemed shocked. It was a nice reaction He said he could tell a difference just sitting in his car next to me, although he's been known to stretch the truth a little to bolster my feelings.

Everything's a mess right now. I'm in the process of moving, trying to find a job, a lot of loss, and just a general funk right now, but at least I'm not coping with food. I'm just growling a lot. I hope I get a handle on it soon.

I think just getting the internet back would be a nice start *sigh*

Keep moving, ladies. I'm thinking about y'all with much affection.
EarthShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #168  

MM~"ToiletTanking Yankees?" Really now. I like Derek Jetter He is cool. I am sorry to say I have not been a Yankee fan since the days of Rodger Maris, Micky Mantle and Whity Ford. But hey my Braves aint doing so good either. The Cubs cleaned them up. I am a died in the wool Cubs fan. I am pouting no Cubs today, the Sox play this evening!! I will be doing my stepping then. I, too, did the bathroom yesterday. I have stripped the bed, vaccuumed, did dishes, trash, such wonderful choirs as that. I guess it all counts as exercise!! Now What is for Dinner?? Catch ya all later Pat

Ps: Shaker soooooooo good to hear from you. 4 miles is a journey!! Good for you!!
Old 08-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

He is pretty isn't he???

Earthshaker, nice to hear from you! You are doing great, 4 miles and 2 more pounds , can't wait til you can be back with us on a regular basis.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #170  

MM~I Accidently lied: There is a Cubs Astros game tonight at 8. I don't know if I can get that game. I am hoping!! Yes, Jetter is one good looker. How are the Yankees doing? I can't get the Mets game, I don't have a Yankees game listed. Drats! Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 08-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #171  

Hi Everyone~I did an hour of stepping while watching the Cubs win. I feel pretty good after the workout. Catch ya all later.Pat

Ps; we have an 8# 7 oz 22 1/2 inch baby boy born at approx 6am Tuesday morning. Can't wait to see him!!

Last edited by Dixiemae; 08-19-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:50 AM   #172  
go on girl!

Hey Yall. I would love to join you on the Commitment to Christmas.

I don't have scale, so my goal will be measured in clothes sizes. I do have a tape measure (I think ) so I can work with those numbers too.

Right now I am a snug size 16. (At 5'5 and the bulk of my extra weight around the belly area I do have a challenge ahead of me.) I commit to becoming a solid size 10 by Christmas.

Hope yall had a great day and look forward to everyones progress throughout the coming fall.
bumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:21 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'4.5 in.

I would like to join in on this. I'm hoping maybe 30 pounds by Christmas. =D
SilentBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:51 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Bumble and SilentBlue! Those look like great goals, only 128 days left till Christmas.

Sadly, no extra pounds lost for me in these last few days.
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #175  
Intuitive Eater

Oh my! I just lost a huge post!!!! WAAAHHHH! I hate it when that happens!

Let's try this again ...

Welcome bumble and SilentBlue! (Hey! Two Blues!) You'll love this thread!

Dixiemae, I started YOAD when I joined 3FC about 3 1/2 weeks ago. But I've tried it out a few times for about a week at a time since late winter this year. One of the things I love most about this plan is that the cravings for all the junk food disappear. There is a 99 second version of it here in the YOAD forum with some quick tips. I also like the fact that the book was written by doctors so it is from a medical perspective and you learn how your body relates to food. It is written is an easy-to-understand format with humorous pics. Very informative and eye-opening. There is no counting and measuring either, just eating better-for-you foods. (Tho as you all know I'm counting my calories now because I think I tend to overdo the carbs and tend to fall off the wagon on the weekends).

Quillie, I should have been more specific about processed foods. I eat plenty of them, but I try to buy stuff void of (or very low in) sugar, high fructose corn syrups, etc. Crackers like Ritz and Cheezits are definitely out but I enjoy Triscuits, especially since they've come out with so many different flavors. I do eat processed meats, but I prefer as little processing as possible, so there will be an occasional lower fat version of smoked sausages or hotdogs, etc. But I tend to stick with chicken breasts and fish mostly. Oh and I enjoy veggie burgers too. We all just have to find what works for us. I don't mind cutting out the junk because my body just doesn't crave it when I don't eat it ... in fact that was how it was when I was thin. I never bought the junk food so it was never in the house and I didn't crave it, ate it only occasionally. But things changed and temptation is everywhere!

EarthShaker, good to see you!

And Hello to everybody I didn't mention by name, hope you're having a great day! <---(I love that little sun!)

As for me, I think I'm off to a great start with the calorie counting! I really think this is going to help me because I eat more fruits and veggies when counting calories which allows for more food throughout the day so I can see where this will help keep my carbs in check! I've also managed to get on the treadmill the past two nights. Yay! I'm optimistic again!

See y'all later!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:35 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Welcome new friends!

I wish some of our old friends would come back too. 36, Betsi, Lumi, Whoopsee, where are y'all?
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I'm here - I'm doing better. I know that I just need to reconnect and organize some aspects of my life. It's just insane right now. My eating is back on target, and I WILL start level 2 of 30DS tonight! I'm still within shot of reaching my Christmas goal, which is my first big main goal. I'm on target for the most part with it... I just need to get my poop in a group!

Pat - I'm still under #190 - but I've slipped further away from #170. I WILL HIT IT THOUGH!!! I'm going to push and push! 18 weeks left!!!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:25 AM   #178  

Good Morning everyone. Beautiful day here.

Bumble-Silent~ It is nice to have new friends.

BlueS~Thanks for the info. I will check it out! I have lost about half a pound of the weight gain of this week. I need something to jump start the scale on the way down. Maybe I need to sacrifice a red, ripe tomato!LOL

Eny~How did your day go yesterday. Did making a to-do list help you? I got lots done around here. I need to get going again. Maybe try flylady web site. She will get you all kinds of organized. Let me know how you are doing today.

MM~Ready to watch another ball game?? Just joking.

Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 08-20-2008, 11:34 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Pat - I actually didn't do a to-do list. but I am going to make one today. Actually - 3. One for personal stuff, hobbies etc. One for household stuff - cleaning, bills and what-not, and one for work so I can get a grasp on it.

I do attempt to use flylady, but even that gets overwhelming at times. One thing at a time. I just need to re-focus. I CAN DO THIS!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #180  

Eny~I agree, fly lady can be a bit over whelming. She has her stuff together! I hope the lists will help you. I do good with a list up to a point-if it gets too involved or stressful I tend to toss it aside. oooppppppppsssssssss. Okay I am off to choirsville----I think a while ago we were posting at the same time. Catch ya all later Pat