Old 08-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Ok girlies I was wondering if i could join in?? By Christmas I want to have reached my goal of 140...I know ten lbs isn't a BIG lot to lose by then but it seems like its taking me FOREVER to lose a lb now that I am almost at goal..so by Xmas I want to be able to go home and tell/show my family that I did it.......AND if i reach it before then I will work extremely hard to maintain it!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:20 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Angela - The more the Merrier! That's AWESOME that you're so close - and that you've come SO far in your journey!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:26 PM   #138  

Thanks for the welcoming Enygirl!! I wasn't sure if i'd be accepted lol because its not too far from my goal..my original goal was 150..then 145 and now I am aiming at 140...its crazy because all of my friends (most of whom are overweight) keep asking how much more I am planning on losing and think that I shouldn't lose much more..but I feel that I have to..I still have HUGE thighs..a yucky stomach..and I need to get toned!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:14 PM   #139  

Maybe they're right and you don't need to lose more, but just tone up... on the other hand - you know you're body the best - and need to do what's best for you!

As for Not far enough from goal - we accept EVERYONE! Even people that are at goal weight and just want to maintain through Christmas... goals don't have to be a number on the scale around here.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:21 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Whoa angela! So close to your goal! I hope you are very proud of yourself and feel fabulous! Don't keep lowering that goal though , I've heard that maintaining a low weight is really hard.

Christmas update, still on track: 12/82 Whee!
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:20 AM   #141  

Thanks Quillie..nope 140 is as LOW as it's goin..and honestly if I'm at 145 and finding the scale not budging I will just accept that I will be 145...It's so weird because I think that once some people are fat they will always forever be mentally fat...It's so hard for me to see myself like my friends/coworkers do...usually pictures help but if i'm looking in a mirror all i see are things that are wrong! arghh I know so not healthy thats why I seriously need to getting toned up.. I think this will help me feel better
Old 08-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 250/214/130

I am down another pound and only 37 more to go to reach my goal! And finally I am out of the 220's.
Moonring05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #143  

Moon - on being in the #210's!!! I remember when I hit that it was a HUGE deal! There's something about seeing a #21x that really proved to me that I was making a difference, and that this time was it. (granted it's taken me 2 1/2 years to lose the #56 I have.. but I'm STILL GOING!)

Angela - what toning exercises are you doing? Also i completely understand the not seeing yourself the same way. My friend told me the other day that from behind I don't even look like me because of how prominant my waist is now. When I look at the monthly progress pics that my DD takes of me all I see is that I still have back fat! EWW!!!

Where's everyone else??? Christmas didn't come early and I missed it did it?????
Old 08-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'11

Hey everyone! Very late for me to join, I know, but coincidentally Christmas was my long term goal! I've got about 40 lbs to lose, but I'm running 5-6x a week and following a low carb eating plan. I look forward to reading everyone's posts, keep it up ladies!
soure1sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:08 PM   #145  

Enygirl I haven't really been doing much toning exercises...I just speed walk a lot and sometimes jog throughout my walks..I know i need to be doing more! :-(
Old 08-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Welcome Steph & Angela, glad to have ya!

Moonring, great job on another pound down!!

I went for a longer run this am (4.5 miles) my right knee and my hips are killing me. It's hard to get old!!
I am now on vacation til 8/25. Want to get every room in my house sparkly clean, getting my roots touched up Monday AM, have to take YS school shopping and have to sign up for my fall classes.

Eny, rowing helps back fat. Either machine or kayaking! I was just thinking, I also hope to kayak this vacay week. We'll see.

Just went to the weed patch and got some zuchini (sp?) cut them lengthwise and have them in marinade, tonight I am going to throw them on the grill for dinner. Yum!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #147  

Thanks Mothermavis!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:12 AM   #148  
Intuitive Eater

Hey everyone! I'm finally back! Seems like I've been gone forever! I've been busy the last few days and haven't been sticking to plan very well or exercising. Not looking forward to Monday's weigh-in. UGH!!! But you know what I love about this place ... it keeps me WANTING to come back and get back at it. Just seeing everyone's successes along the way is so inspiring!

Welcome angelanicole23 and soure1sl and anyone I missed. No goal is too small or too big, just jump right in! The ladies here will keep you motivated (they sure keep me motivated!)

OK, I see that my signature is now working! WOOHOO! I'm not a "newbie" anymore! lol I can keep track of my goals now. Gotta work on getting that up. Take care everyone!

Oh PS., I think I'm really gonna tweak my plan starting Monday, I think I'm going to add calorie counting (DOUBLE UGH!!! UGH!!!) to my YOAD plan. I know that if I could just come up with one week's worth of easy, no-brainer calorie restricted menus that I can repeat then I can get things rollin' in the right direction. So that's my plan. I just went clothes shopping today and it is just sooooooo depressing. I can't go on like this anymore!!!!! I'm so ready to lose this weight ladies. Drag me with you if you have to please!!!???

Well, off to read some more threads I missed. Take care!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:27 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Angela! I've just started here a while ago and love the christmas challenge people!

Welcome back Blue, you lucky you! I don't want to be a newbie anymore too! I want my signature! I quite like counting calories, it gives me a sense of control, though I hope to stop doing it after Christmas and switch to something like sonoma or south beach.

Update: 15/82 (whacky scale!)
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #150  

So earlier I had a nice long post written out, and then DBF accidently unplugged my computer from the router. Ugh. Oh well...

I'm not feeling 100% today. I'm under a TON of stress from work and I have SO much to do! It's insane! Plus I'm feeling fluish.. yuck!

Anyhow - Just checking in for the end of the weekend.