Old 05-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #136  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Checking in...I blew both my little daily goals, I bought some stuff from Marc Jacobs (and got the best Marc Jacobs pen EVER!!!) and I ate out. Twice. The city is a haven for my vices: fine men, good shopping and millions of restaurants. BUT, I walked for about 3 hours straight around, so it must have balanced it out because I was down .2 today to 237.2...soooooo glad to see the 237 number. I'm off to the flea market today and I have a final to complete online.

Ciao Bellas!!!
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #137  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Today was a bad eating day, went after the rest of the Easter candy, I ate it all. Calories were 3650! I'm gaining weight & my pants hardly fit. Ok, time to go back to dieting before I gain all the weight back. As of now I am no longer a maintainer.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #138  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Fit, keep up the good work! Everyone eats out now and again.

Fruitlady, you can do it! Hang in there!

I think I'm getting sick. I have the sneezes today, a runny nose, and I can feel a headache coming on. I weighed in this morning at exactly the same weight as yesterday. Part of me is glad that yesterday's number of 116.6 wasn't a fluke and that I was able to get the same number 4x in a row this morning but part of me definitely wanted a loss. I don't have long before My husband comes home and I want to be on the lower side of the teens.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 308/257/175

Height: 5'10

This morning I weighed in at 246.9. It's as though the scale mocks me. Everytime I beat my head against the wall with days and days on end of no movement BAM! it drops steadily for a few days and then it will hold, and hold, and hold, and hold and then BAM again.

This leads me to my next goal: To STOP questioning my weight loss approach. Obviously what I am doing is working. Go me!
TransformingToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #140  

Height: 5'9"

Uuugh. I royally failed yesterday. ROYALLY. I ate 2300 calories including tres leches cake, an everything bagel with cream cheese and two margaritas. It was really bad. I just started this weight loss journey, so I've definitely undone everything I've worked for up to this point. It's as if today is just day 1. Gah!

My Fitness Pal says if I ate every day like I did yesterday I'd be 156.6 in 5 weeks. That is definitely the wrong direction.

The only bright spot is that I"m on day 4 of P90x. At least I kept the working out strong.

But, I'm going out to a bar with my softball friend tonight, and back to the margarita restaurant tomorrow night. What do I do? I have no idea how to have control when out with friends. I'm so frustrated. There is no answer beyond self control, and I just feel like I'm the worst at that. My only option is to just stay home, but that's a terrible option and not for me at all. I like to be social and go out with friends. Oh, and I have happy hour with friends on Thursday night as well. Bars three nights this week. So bad!
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Good morning Sweetie Pies I'm feeling a little better emotionally, even though I feel like I might be getting sick! My little sister has strep throat & symptoms of the flu & she's been around me all weekend , so I'm hoping that the bug skips over me ..

I had a bad week last week, but I'm not gonna let it thwart my focus & my goals! I have a new stove & I have my meals planned out .. I am gonna stay On plan for the rest of the week, no exceptions. I need to get back into the swing of things. The people around me who were dieting with me have slacked off badly, & I won't be the same. I am too determined.

To everyone focused & losing; congrats!! I hope to rejoin those ranks soon & to the ladies having a hard bout like me, let's not let it discourage us!! We can do this !!

P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #142  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies, today is my official weigh-in day and I am down exactly 2 lbs from last week, although I am weighing in at a .6, which is kind of a stall number from me. Today, I am going to do everything to get past that number, because once I do, I know I'll be okay. I am also over halfway to my first mini-goal of 5% lost (12 lbs) this week I start bootcamp, which should give my metabolism a kick in the throat, I am scarred but super excited!

Fruitlady You can totally do this!!! It's only a few pounds and you have come so far, you can get that back down in a snap

Ekicna First of all, great avatar, and secondly...116 is a great number, I'm sure your husband will like whatever number you're at when he get's home

TransformingToni I am right with you, my weight loss is erratic but it is there and that's what should matter, so I think I will join you on this new goal

Amberelise Sorry just think, today is a new day and you can do this. As far as bars and socializing go, just don't bring any money, seriously, that's what I do, I leave my cards at home and take like $10-$15 and that's it, as high as drinks are, I don't even end up getting anything but good company

P H A T Glad you got your stove together, keep on keeping on! This week is going to be awesome for you, I can feel it...

This is the first full week in May ladies, let's hit the ground running!
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #143  
Becoming a BEAST!

Maybe I will do personals later, I'm sick and definitely not feeling well. Have a great day ladies!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #144  

Height: 5'9"

Fit - the no money thing is actually a really good idea. Maybe I will leave my wallet here at work and just take $10 with me when I leave. Good thinking!
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:06 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 308/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Ok, I'm in! I hope to lose 10 lbs by Memorial day...I'm up a little today, weighed in at 260. I think it's water weight because my carbs had gotten too low (Atkins territory) and I've been trying to up them. The fresh glycogen stores in my muscle and liver have to weigh something, right?
Peggypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #146  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

It's been a bit since i posted. First weigh in today after work (didnt have time this morning so i'll probably weigh in again tomorrow morning). Hopefully that goes well. This last 4 days has been a roller coaster though. I was sick thursday and friday so i barely ate anything. Like 600 calories or less both days. But saturday was the wedding and i think overall i did well. Didnt snack the whole time, only had a taste of cake and couldnt have finished my dinner if i tried. Drank a lot of drinks that were bad for me though so i'm really not sure what to expect on the scale today.

Back on track today though. Feeling much better aside from being tired. Starting my multivitamin today, first day of no smoking for me today (we'll see how that goes), and tomorrow i start TurboFire! It just came in the mail I'm thinking this week is going to be a pretty good week

Will update later how my experience with the scale goes!
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #147  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

OH MY GOSH I fell off ...no I took a giant leap off the wagon this past weekend. I was doing well until my cousin walked in with a Rum Cake that looked like a pound cake with pecans on top. I couldn't say no and once I said yes I turned into a cake addict. I don't even like cake but this was the mother of all cakes. Moist, fluffy and covered with pecans. So now I must climb ever so drunkardly back on program. Of course I was yesterday and today from one day of uncontrolled eating, tasting and overindulging. Oh Well Chalk it up to the game. I'm hoping by tomorrow morning my stomach has settled and I'm back to myself. At least my measuring isn't until Saturday so I can do some damage recovery and progression. I had done so well last week. No need crying over eaten cake and the plethora of other indulgences. I did learn something...my body is used to eating healthy and crumbles under the pressure of even a little malnutrition.

Hope everyone is doing a fine job this Marvelous Monday!!! My eating is on plan for the most part today. I drank a boat load of water yesterday trying to get things back on track. So let's make this week a worthwhile one.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #148  

2 Pounds Down, 10 to go

Hi Everyone,

I'm so happy today because I am losing weight and controlling my calories religiously. I started on 4/28 and as of 5/2, I'm down 2 pounds!

My goal is to lose 12 pounds in 32 days and exercise 3 days a week for 30 minutes. So, far I have exceeded my exercise goal this week!

Goal: Lose 12 pounds in 32 days and exercise 3 days a week for 30 minutes each day or more.
JEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #149  
Becoming a BEAST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransformingToni View Post
This morning I weighed in at 246.9. It's as though the scale mocks me. Everytime I beat my head against the wall with days and days on end of no movement BAM! it drops steadily for a few days and then it will hold, and hold, and hold, and hold and then BAM again.

This leads me to my next goal: To STOP questioning my weight loss approach. Obviously what I am doing is working. Go me!
Yay for a loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberelise View Post
Uuugh. I royally failed yesterday. ROYALLY. I ate 2300 calories including tres leches cake, an everything bagel with cream cheese and two margaritas. It was really bad. I just started this weight loss journey, so I've definitely undone everything I've worked for up to this point. It's as if today is just day 1. Gah!

My Fitness Pal says if I ate every day like I did yesterday I'd be 156.6 in 5 weeks. That is definitely the wrong direction.

The only bright spot is that I"m on day 4 of P90x. At least I kept the working out strong.

But, I'm going out to a bar with my softball friend tonight, and back to the margarita restaurant tomorrow night. What do I do? I have no idea how to have control when out with friends. I'm so frustrated. There is no answer beyond self control, and I just feel like I'm the worst at that. My only option is to just stay home, but that's a terrible option and not for me at all. I like to be social and go out with friends. Oh, and I have happy hour with friends on Thursday night as well. Bars three nights this week. So bad!
Honestly, the only thing that keeps me accountable when I'm outside of the house is the My Fitness Pal App. I can look at it and add my calories, and check how I'm doing. Everything is right there on my hip. I know what I want to look like and I am not going to achieve that goal by downing margaritas. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P H A T View Post
Good morning Sweetie Pies I'm feeling a little better emotionally, even though I feel like I might be getting sick! My little sister has strep throat & symptoms of the flu & she's been around me all weekend , so I'm hoping that the bug skips over me ..

I had a bad week last week, but I'm not gonna let it thwart my focus & my goals! I have a new stove & I have my meals planned out .. I am gonna stay On plan for the rest of the week, no exceptions. I need to get back into the swing of things. The people around me who were dieting with me have slacked off badly, & I won't be the same. I am too determined.

To everyone focused & losing; congrats!! I hope to rejoin those ranks soon & to the ladies having a hard bout like me, let's not let it discourage us!! We can do this !!

Keep focused, you are going to reach your goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit4Lyfe View Post
Hello ladies, today is my official weigh-in day and I am down exactly 2 lbs from last week, although I am weighing in at a .6, which is kind of a stall number from me. Today, I am going to do everything to get past that number, because once I do, I know I'll be okay. I am also over halfway to my first mini-goal of 5% lost (12 lbs) this week I start bootcamp, which should give my metabolism a kick in the throat, I am scarred but super excited!

Ekicna First of all, great avatar, and secondly...116 is a great number, I'm sure your husband will like whatever number you're at when he get's home

This is the first full week in May ladies, let's hit the ground running!
Congrats on the weight loss!! Thank you for the compliment. I live in a tropical place and decided to try on my swimsuit to see how I look in it. I'm almost ready for the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggypie View Post
Ok, I'm in! I hope to lose 10 lbs by Memorial day...I'm up a little today, weighed in at 260. I think it's water weight because my carbs had gotten too low (Atkins territory) and I've been trying to up them. The fresh glycogen stores in my muscle and liver have to weigh something, right?
Welcome! Good luck with your weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTerminedOne1219 View Post
It's been a bit since i posted. First weigh in today after work (didnt have time this morning so i'll probably weigh in again tomorrow morning). Hopefully that goes well. This last 4 days has been a roller coaster though. I was sick thursday and friday so i barely ate anything. Like 600 calories or less both days. But saturday was the wedding and i think overall i did well. Didnt snack the whole time, only had a taste of cake and couldnt have finished my dinner if i tried. Drank a lot of drinks that were bad for me though so i'm really not sure what to expect on the scale today.

Back on track today though. Feeling much better aside from being tired. Starting my multivitamin today, first day of no smoking for me today (we'll see how that goes), and tomorrow i start TurboFire! It just came in the mail I'm thinking this week is going to be a pretty good week

Will update later how my experience with the scale goes!
I hope you see a loss tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
OH MY GOSH I fell off ...no I took a giant leap off the wagon this past weekend. I was doing well until my cousin walked in with a Rum Cake that looked like a pound cake with pecans on top. I couldn't say no and once I said yes I turned into a cake addict. I don't even like cake but this was the mother of all cakes. Moist, fluffy and covered with pecans. So now I must climb ever so drunkardly back on program. Of course I was yesterday and today from one day of uncontrolled eating, tasting and overindulging. Oh Well Chalk it up to the game. I'm hoping by tomorrow morning my stomach has settled and I'm back to myself. At least my measuring isn't until Saturday so I can do some damage recovery and progression. I had done so well last week. No need crying over eaten cake and the plethora of other indulgences. I did learn something...my body is used to eating healthy and crumbles under the pressure of even a little malnutrition.

Hope everyone is doing a fine job this Marvelous Monday!!! My eating is on plan for the most part today. I drank a boat load of water yesterday trying to get things back on track. So let's make this week a worthwhile one.
Keep truckin! We all fall of the wagon sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit in AZ View Post
2 Pounds Down, 10 to go

Hi Everyone,

I'm so happy today because I am losing weight and controlling my calories religiously. I started on 4/28 and as of 5/2, I'm down 2 pounds!

My goal is to lose 12 pounds in 32 days and exercise 3 days a week for 30 minutes. So, far I have exceeded my exercise goal this week!

Goal: Lose 12 pounds in 32 days and exercise 3 days a week for 30 minutes each day or more.
Welcome, and congrats on the weight loss, keep up the good work!

I'm trying out a free 7 day pass at 24 Hour Fitness and I am going to go jump on a treadmill tonight. I haven't been on a treadmill since I was 13 years old. I'm hoping to do an hour. Let's see how this goes!
Old 05-02-2011, 06:08 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

As of yesterday, holding steady. I'm staying off the scale for a few in days, trying to get back to a twice weekly weigh-in. Daily weigh-ins are too much for me, I think (feeling married to the scale). Yesterday was not a good day-- went way over my calories by eating cookies. Weird and not smart considering I don't even really like sweets. Mindless eating. Today has been better, ran by the grocery store and got some good stuff. Picked up some beautiful tomatoes that I'm excited to eat with a little olive oil and basil tonight. Hit my weekly walking goal yesterday and ready to do it again this week. Ups and downs here but all things told, I'm feeling pretty all right about this challenge.

1 lb down, 7 to go

1. Count. Every single day. (Stop letting baseball games mess you up!)
2. Keep up with and track my walking
3. Lose 8 lbs (this should follow the first two)

Last edited by scout83; 05-02-2011 at 06:09 PM.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote