Old 04-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #1  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Arrow W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge - Week 6!

Good Morning all! Week 6 is upon us! Can't wait to see how WELL everyone is doing. Started the thread per request of HolyTerror. Not sure I really know what I'm doing but going to give it a whirl!

I hope all you WEEDers find this! Let's kick some tush this week!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning. I hope everyones day is going well. I'm ready to get my day going with a nice long workout. As long as my children let me that is. Remember I was whining about the price of my favorite protein shakes last week (price hike, from 4.99 to 7.50 ) Anyway yesterday I went to pick up the powder and the price was back down to 4.99 It made me happy but I wonder why the price hike for the week. I picked up a few and I am determined to follow the same diet routine that I have during my work week. (minus the 6 am snack)
I think I have gotten through to my husband. We were grocery shopping yesterday and he picked up something and looked at the calories, then the serving size and put it back I was so proud of him. He is trying to lose weight with me and works out during his lunch break every day. but he's like me just staying the same (or losing and gaining the same couple of pounds). I try to give him helpful advice, but I don't nag at him because it is his choice to try to lose.

Hit of the Day:

W 100 oz
E 30 cardio X 2/ 20 stretching /weights/
E 1200 cals
D Oh you know, house work, workout try to get the kids out for a walk (but it has been so cold the last few days)

Man I gotta get moving! I am sore from my quick jog yesterday and the only way to work it through is to workout again.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Busy busy morning WEED'ers . . . finally caught up with Post Readings . . . see that we're over the half-way mark! I've been totally whacked since the Over 40 Slumber Party-Party-Party 2 nites last week . . . *shrugging it off . . . climbing back on the wagon* Long Live The Dancing Carrot!

Getting ready to take a ME TIME Break . . . ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/135

Less than a week ago I was 211

This morning 205.2

Pretty nice I must say...

I am sure I will meet my goal......180 by memorial day

I had a very rough night last night.....couldn't sleep all night due to some personal situations marriage wise......but i'm exhausted, won't work out today, but i'm not beating myself up....I ran over the weekend.....I will catch back up tomorrow...

BUT I AM NOT EATING because of the stress not at all Thank God...This is ultimate control for me.....

Angie
readytobeme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Wow Angie, thats a great loss. Sorry about the rough night, I understand the exhaustion and not working out.

Aud good to see you.

Nixmom thanks for starting this weeks thread!!

HELLO!!! Where is everyone?????? Come out Come out Wherever you are!!! What a quiet morning around here. I was going to ask if the mini-challenge for the week should be arm circles? with weights, without weights? Big ones, little ones, your choice. I have to say the push ups killed me this weekend, I only got up to seven regular pushups. (I once tested to be a corrections officer and did 19 in thirty seconds, that was five years ago. I can do it again, I can. Push ups are now in my regular routine. along with my mmunches.

Got in the first set of workouts, now waiting for nap time for the second 30 minutes cardio. I may try to do more to make up for Saturdays crappy eating. I may even sneak out of short sports and use the big ol fat mountain climber thingy that is difficult and burns calories fast. The scale was still mad at me this morning because of Saturday. I'm okay with it, I made the choices, but I am also making the choice to do extra work to make up for it. I figure I owe my body at least another 45 minutes worth of workouts.

Happy Healthy Day everyone. Healthy Choices, Healthy Lives.

Lets make Week 6 the best week yet!!!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #6  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Nixmom- Good job on starting the new post. It was successful. I wish I would have known about the Biggest loser thing. I would have loved it. That is right up my alley. Somebody let me know next time. OKAY???

Jcat- You are the workout queen. Good for you.

Ready- Hello and welcome. Conrats on the loss so far. Keep it up.

My scale has settled on 219 for 3 days now. I am hoping to see 218 by Friday for weigh-in. I have decided that the weeks of 3 and 4 pound losses are over. I am going to have to drag it off a pound or so a week. Well, it must keep coming off.

W- Drink more
E- Different stuff, different day. Diff. amount of time and intensity each day. Trying to switch it up.
E- 1400-1500
D- Slow and steady wins the race.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #7  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I'm here....very tired still but here. DH has yet to call the agent this morning. Bugs me when he gets going on something then stalls. Idiot didn't even bother sleeping last night. Wanted to stay up and play all dang night reading, watching tv...being a royal bum. And of course he'll come home exhausted and cranky. LIke it's my fault or something. When I get home, i'm stuck with dishes, phone calls, bills...picking up HIS mess or shoving his butt off the couch. Plus he hasn't bothered to walk the dog in a week. So as usual the dog and I will go back to our routine workout. Forget the DH because he's too busy sleeping since he didn't bother to go to bed like a normal person. But I digress.

Not feeling too good right now. I'll get some more water going and hopefully i'll feel better soon.

What's on our workout challenge for the week?
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 380/286/175

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone!

Angie - I am sooo jealous!! Congrats on your super week.

All of my big plans for a great vacation week didn't seem to go as I thought. I actually gained 2 pounds, although I refuse to change my ticker. Back to school today, so I'm back in my routine. Hopefully it will show up on the scale as well.

WEED for the week:
W - 4 bottles
E - 40 minutes on treadmill, 2 extra evening walks
E - on plan, on plan, on plan!!!!
D - Gotta get movin', 15 by Memorial Day
musictchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #9  
Lucy Kitty

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'2"

Talking I want in!!!

I used to be a regular on the Chicks Up For A Challenge board, along with Jennifer & Mary & Elisha & all the regulars... about 3 years ago now. (WOW!)

Anybody mind if I join in??

I've got my 2nd appointment with my personal trainer today, and she's going to kick my butt, and I know it! I can't wait!

Food is doing... okay. I'm up to about 900 calories already (lunch included) because I had an energy drink with breakfast. Trainer wants me at around 1500 so I think I can swing a normal dinner and an afternoon snack and still hit about 1500 for the day.

I'm at 182 right now, and my big goal is around 140 (or a size 8) by October-ish. I'm in a size 14-ish right now so I call it DEFINITELY do-able!

For this challenge (unless anybody objects to me joining!), I want to get 10 lbs gone by Memorial Day. I CAN do this!!!

W - 80 oz per day minimum
E - gym 3x this week, 45 min cardio each time, 20 min strength each time
E - 1500 cal max, eat more darn meat!
D - oh man. 3 years and i forgot what the D stands for! d'oh!!!
jkittyesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Ang - I'm happy for your loss - but concerned about the sleeping/marriage issues. Stay strong girl! And us WEEDers are here for ears.

Nix - WTG on starting your first thread

I woke up late - so my 10 mins this morning didn't happen. The rest of the day has been good. I'm still going to get my hour in somehow today... I guess I'll walk more then usual - or do a longer aerobic workout tonight. I WILL DO MY HOUR!!!

My weigh in is tomorrow - it's the first official one since St. Patty's Day. I'm nervous - because I know I've been very bad this past weekend.. and I'm new to the IE lifestyle - so I'd be happy to have lost #1. We'll find out in the morning. Luckily TOM left yesterday - so I don't have to deal with his shananagins.

OK - KEEP WEEDING GIRLS! More to come tonight!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #11  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

ok not to sound terribly goofy..what's the IE style? Brain's not functioning well right now. eating is on track though
Old 04-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

NixMom- I found you all. My weigh in is usually Saturday a.m. That way I behave on Friday, eat whatever on Saturday, and try to get back on track Sunday. Hopefully we'll get on the same TBL team!

JCat- Arm circles are good for me. Great job on the work outs!

Aud- I've missed you! Your posts always make me smile.

Ready2- WTG on the loss!!

Mtig- hang in there. Mybe you've been notiving some NSVs?

Jkit- Welcome!

Eny- Good luck on weigh in tomorrow.

HolyT- hugs to you. IE is intuitive eating.

MusicT- those two pounds will be gone in no time

More WEED later!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:44 PM   #13  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

I really should check into the 3fc 5k thing. thanx for the input on IE. i'm trying to stall off the snackies with some water. i need to drink more though.

I could use a nap
Old 04-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #14  
Calorie Counter

Argh kids. Love em, gotta take care of em. Makie came to me about 1130 "mom, I think I'm gonna throw up" then came tommy "mommy, i think I throw up too." Both kids in bed with buckets next to them (neither was used, but both feeling really bad right now. Needless to say no second workout, and DH promised to help out at short sports tonight so I am home without him for another 10 minutes I hope they are feeling better tomorrow. DH is taking weds off for Tommy's dentist appt. and thurs morning off for Makies kingergarten registration.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default WEEDin Chicks Kickin up Week 6!

Think I'll stick with carrot one more week! Was a bit pissy this morning. Not happy with what my scale reflected and decided I'm moving my weigh ins back to Tuesday. (Did I say that here already in a post? or was I just thinking it all day?) Anywho, tomorrow will be weigh in. I should be down.

Speaking of down.... welcome Ang and Kitty and congrats on being down!

Hope to get into some personals more tomorrow morning but gonna lay down the dirt about my day quick and get to bed so I can be on top of my game tomorrow.

Today - Ate decent, not OP but on with cals and made healthy choices. 3/4 of water down. No real exercise.... plot foiled by achy BF and I wasn't in the mood to hit the gym alone. SO -- for manana....

W- 64oz
E- 40 min fat burn on TM, ARM CIRCLES , MMunches X2, Walking Lunges, and girly push ups
E- 1500 cals - right combo of healthy moods
D- Don't push me cuz I'm close to the E D G E.... I'm tryin' not to lose my head.

Luv you ladies! Have a good night!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote