Old 12-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

shan, you lost alot of water weight, being sick....and you also probably lost some lean mass while being active. What is important, is that you are better from that nasty virus!

One good thing about being sick, is your appetite for junk food usually decreases tremendously. And when you come out of it, you will have a taste for healthier food...keep that up....

I'm sick with a cold, and I can't go near icecream or candy. I still work chocolate in...but I have no appetite for cakes, cookies...or the like. I really can't even drink milk. and that's just with a cold.

I hope the positive losses stay gone, but you may see a temporary increase as your body shifts your fluid balance, and you began to get more lean mass from activity again.

jules...you will get it going again.

Zoo chick yay for school being out. I hear you on more time for exercise.

Lori...i am so glad you and hubby made up. I am probably going to get into a spat with SO about getting a dog for DS, I am thinking of investing 150 dollars in a boston terrier puppy for DS.

well, I do not think I will make this goal..I do not know HOW I made thanksgiving goal..frankly I am upset...I dipped down so low only to shoot right back up where I was...

I'm going to try though.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #167  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Congrads zoochick..SUPER PROUD OF YOU~Hope you enjoy yourself on Sunday.

Jendiet....LOL~I love puppies....I am just allergic to them....Wish I could have one. me & the hubby nearly got into it again today LOL~Were having a wierd week.

Last edited by Lori259; 12-14-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:35 PM   #168  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the kind words. I'm feeling a lot better. I went back to the hospital and the swine flu test came back negative this time. I am still on meds for my cough though. They are keeping me out of work until Friday of this week, so I still have lots of time to kill.

Thanks for all the prayers and warm thoughts everyone sent this way. I'm ready to start feeling good again. I have 10 more lbs to lose before New Year's Eve to reach my goal to start the New Year in the 200s! I'm so determined to make this happen!!!
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #169  
NEVER GIVE UP

shan~SO GLAD YOUR DOING BETTER. COME ON 200'S FOR SHAN!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

I had an ok day today....I have an anxiety disorder that causes me to have anxiety attacks everyday and It's been really hard on me for the last day or
2. I have been on xanax for about 6 to 7 years but nothing really helps...especially when I Am having a bad week with it....So keep me in your prayers everyone....It's hard to go through life thinking you are gonna quit breathing everyday....SCARY AS HECK! (Hard to admit but true)
As far as my eating I am staying on plan....I actually got to see the girl that told me about counting calories today...I started counting calories after I noticed she had lost weight & She told me Thats what she was doing to lose weight ~I looked it all up on google and figured it all out.....Anyways she has lost a little over 50 pounds...so I am proud of her....I am so Thankful for her.
I gave her a huge hug And thanked her!!! She works at a deli ~that is a resturaunt too and I know it is hard as far as temptation goes for her...so I am amazed with her loss!! She was blown away by my loss too ~cause I hadnt saw her for months. Well, OFF TO BED.
Goodnight everyone.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:06 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

OK...finally back in town and back to 3FC...being away for 5 days NEARLY DROVE ME CRAZY! LoL I got on the scale today and it wasn't so good...back up to 189.6 I guess after eating out every single day, that's not soo bad...and I'm still in the 180s, so that's good too...I didn't write down all my calories while OOT, but I did keep track mentally...and tried to choose healthier items when dining out...I also didn't exercise while home

I hadn't been home since September and I've lost almost 15lbs since then, so it was a real confidence booster to have my friends & family notice the loss...now if only i could lose another 15-20 before I go home again...

I'm back on plan as of today and will start exercising tomorrow. Keep up the good work everyone!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:52 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Okay this is my first day back to 3FC in a little over a year. I'm ready to get back on track and I realize I'm getting on board with this thread a little late with only 10 days till Christmas so my goal is going to be small.

Since there will be mass amounts of goodies around I'm not going to have a weight loss goal for this one, it's just going to be to EXERCISE at least once everyday.

I look forward to getting back into the community with everyone. Happy Holidays!
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back Toni

Lori you are in my thoughts. I could not imagine the struggle it is.

For me I have 1.5lb to go to make for goal of changing decades into the 200's. It is so close, but so far. But I will get there and hopefully in the next 10days. WOW this holiday season is flying by.

Hang in there all.
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #173  
NEVER GIVE UP

Thanks so much jae........Look how close you are getting to onederland!!!! So proud of ya!
I am very tired...so off to get some zzzz still no change in weight ~UGHHHH just 168 o 169. although so much better than my start weight...so I am trying to to complain ~but it's hard not too.
Anxiety was a little better today.

Last edited by Lori259; 12-15-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 AM   #174  
In the desert...

Grr at myself. I passed on my workout yesterday due to... well, I can't remember now... oh, duh. My car battery died on Sunday night, had to get AAA to jump start it so i could get it home, then the dealership sent their tech out on Monday to bring me a new battery. So I had no way to get to the gym and I thought that was a legitimate reason. However - today I just didn't pry my sorry lazy butt out from under the fabulously warm comforter! So now I am paying for it, feeling like a sloth! Tomorrow, however, is a new day and I will be heading to the gym at 5:30am.

I had to go back to my first post in this thread to see when it was and what I'd set my goal at. So I am down 2lbs of the 5lbs I set as the goal. That means I need to stick to my workouts and my calorie plan for the next 10 days if I want to meet my goal. It's motivation!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

So far this "eat more" thing is working for me..for the first time AGAIN the scale is consistently going down. I was 174.8 I ate 1889 daily cs. and burned 1138, the next day I was 173.8. I ate 2025 cs and burned 1100, the next day--today I am 172.2! That's 2.2 lbs to goal. I KNOW I can do that.

I really hope, we all make goal.

Lori, i am so glad the anxiety is better.
Toni, welcome and good goal!
Jae, it looks like you are going to make it--keep going.
kdM-you maintained, and I know you can lose another 10-15 lbs. good job on your 15 lbs loss!
Shan, how are you doing?

Last edited by jendiet; 12-16-2009 at 02:06 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #176  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm with you Lori. I love puppies, but my mother is so allergic to them that we can't have one... Even though she doesn't live with us. It's really sad!!

I'm glad to hear how well you all are doing! I am now 1.5 pounds away from my CC goal!!! But my weight tends to fluctuate, and it's not going to help that I just finished off three pecan caramel clusters!!! Eek!!! Too many yummy treats during the holidays.

I will have to update my ticker later today. I also need to go for a run!!!
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #177  
In the desert...

Yes, I went to the gym at 5:30am. Yes, I worked so hard I had to take my earphones off to wipe the sweat out of my ears. And yes, I put the English candy in a high cupboard so now if I want a piece, I have to drag a chair 20 feet and everyone knows I'm in the candy.

Lori - I can't throw the candy out, it's my annual treat. My dad comes once a year from England and brings me all my childhood favorites. But what I DO need to do is have one piece a day and stop gorging myself on it. Plus when I eat less of it, it'll last longer and I'll get more pleasure out of it overall. Or something like that.
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #178  
NEVER GIVE UP

LOL~jules! Your making me wanna have candy now!!! I doubt I could have thrown it out either since it's an annual treat...ENJOY!!!

Tanna banana~woooohooo~so close to goal. I So wish I could let my kids have an adorable little house dog...They do have a beagle who is outside But I gotta make sure I do not get to close to him when outdoors. Sometimes after the kids walk him I get sick When they come back in...so horrible. Your so sweet not to have one by the way....Cause all my family members ~Including my mom, My brothers & My sister all have them & I can not visit them..I have to call them or spot them in a store. None of them visit me...And if they do (which is very rare) I get sick just being around them cause I guess they have whatever I am allergic to from the animals On there clothes I guess.ughhhh~So Your a sweetheart of a daughter to make sure your momma can come to see you Hassle free.

jendiet ~maybe I should increase my calories also. Cause I am stuck I think.
I burn about 900 to 1000 a day At least 6 times a week cause I normally take 1 day off from exercise a week sometimes 2 days. And I eat 1400 calories a day approx. Always. What do you think?

Still no change on the scale...UGHHHHHH...I was 169.2 Today...And its been 168.0 to 169.8 for the last 10 days or so. I am sooooooo wanting to get this last 18 pounds off.HELP!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #179  

Hello friends

I haven't posted in something like two weeks but wanted to share some encouragement and some NSVs:
1) shaved 20 seconds off my mile personal record. Ran it in 9 minutes, 10 seconds on Tuesday!
2) Little black dress is fitting better (jones new york size 10). 10 more pounds and I will be able to wear it in public. Perhaps valentine's day?
3) New pair of jeans. Old Navy size 12s. Yay!

So scale has stayed the same but clearly improvement is happening which encourages me. Had something like 3 solid weeks of being out of my routine with business trip, vacation, Thanksgiving etc with lots of eating out but now should be able to get back into my usual habits. I still think getting to 200 by the end of the year is possible...

Keep up the great work, everybody!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 193/See ticker/148

Height: 5'4"

Lori, I know it is difficult for other people to understand what anxiety attacks are like unless they have experienced them. You are so young and I just pray that you will not always have this problem to deal with.

On the Christmas Challenge front, Wednesday night was my official weekly weigh in. I was down to 171 so that leaves me only 1 pound away from my CC goal. I should be more cheerful about it but I am really apprehensive about the next two weeks because there will be so many temptations and I just don't know how I will deal with them.

Especially, jules, as your story about the candy shows, there is more than just food involved. There is the whole other matter of tradition and family that is wrapped up with the food.

I think we should all consider ourselves winners if we just keep a reasonable cap on things until we get through the next couple of weeks.
emileigh is offline   Reply With Quote