Old 12-09-2009, 02:34 PM   #136  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

lori i think its better to miss him than to NOT miss him....that means you have good memories to hang on to....lori whatever happened to jamsk8er

Last edited by david; 12-09-2009 at 02:35 PM.
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #137  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Two miles down this morning! And I survived. haha. It was chilly though! My weather app said it would be 45 at 6:00am, but it wasn't no stinkin' 45. Try 39 WITH a 10-15mph wind. I normally wear some layers for colder weather, but I planned for the 45 degrees and didn't have enough. *shivers*

For those of you laughing at my wimpy-ness.... I live in central Texas and that's chilly to us!

My hubby and I watched the Biggest Lose finale and it was AWESOME. I'm back to counting calories! It feels great! I figure if someone can be that determined to make that large of a lifestyle change, so can I.

What's even better--- my husband watched the show with me and was inspired as well. My hubby is pretty heavy for his height (305 at 5'8') and wants to lose some serious weight. I can't get the man to exercise - I've learned that the hard way. BUT this morning, he woke up and walked a mile by his own choice!!!! He wanted to walk more, but it was pretty chilly. I am so proud of him!!!

It's been a good day.

Last edited by Tanna Banana; 12-09-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #138  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Tanna Banana~so awesome very proud of you & very proud of your hubby too! I am in Ohio So Cold weather sucks But I am use to it. It is suppose to get down into the teens here tommorrow~YAY~LOL Maybe I will feeze the rest of My big ole butt off~LOL

emileigh~thanks so much~You rock!

david~Agreed...He was a super person & I have many good memories.
As far as Jam....Aint sure. haven't heard from here for awhile. Hope all is good with her. She was 1 pound from her goal last time I messaged with her....And Was still the same exercise Queen That I adore...So as I said Hopefully All is good with her. ~Oh, Congrads On gonna be purchasing a house soon.....Try to get it before the goverment rebate goes away & that could help with furnishing it Or whatever...I bought My home 3 years ago So I do not qualify...UGH! LOL

As for me....I had A great day. I still am at 168.0 Hoping to see that 167 Soon though LOL~(167.2 will get me to my Christmas goal of losing 5 pounds so I am close.) I think since I am so close to my main goal of 150 That I might (doubt it LOL) switch My calories down to 1300 ~I am mainly at 1400 now.Not sure Just in a hurry to reach goal. May sound silly but It would be cool to reach my goal by My dads Birthday which would have been March 7th.
He was really one of my main motivations to quit smoking & to lose weight & get more healthier...He had a sudden massive heart attack that took his life & I was so much like him and I just didn't wanna have my kids go through what I did under those circumstances. So i definetly believe things happen for a reason. Well Off to bed ~it's late And I am a little Chilly~saving on gas...got the temp set at 68~LOL Gonna go snuggle with the hubby. Now that I have lost weight I am so cold all the time. The kids are upstairs and heat rises so they are always complaining how hot it gets But We are downstairs so It gets colder. LOL! ANYWAYS~GOODNIGHT EVERYONE~HUGS!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #139  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Lori- Glad you had a good day!

Sorry everybody I have been MIA a few days. I started feeling sick yesterday. Ended up in the hospital tonight with 102.5 temperature. I tested positive for swine flu so I'm now quarinitined to home for 5-7 days. I won't be heading to my trip to Japan like I was supposed to tomorrow. Ah well. Please pray for my health. Thank you all!

Hope you have a good end to your week.
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #140  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

@tanna- I'm a deep south transplant in the mid west. We had a high here yesterday of 17. The doors and windows on my car are frozen shut. So I hear you on the "holy crap it's cold"

@lori- You are an inspiration and I'm sure your Dad would be very very proud of you. I'm sure you will make your goal in NO time

@Shan-Oh NO!!! The piggy flu sucks! I wish you a speedy recovery.

I woke up this morning to a complete surprise.. Last night I was so busy I didn't have time to cook so I caved on my way to the oldest offspring's sax lesson and got a fast food burger and fries ( after much nagging from the boy that subway was not okay "again"). I Expected to see gain this morning after scarfing almost my daily calories in one meal. Unless there is a delayed reaction, I didn't gain, I lost. Does this mean my metabolism finally knows how to deal with food and I might be able to maintain this loss if I'm careful?
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #141  
In the desert...

Lori - glad you're feeling more "up". Wasn't the Biggest Loser inspiring? I thought Rebecca looked amazing, despite her dress being too short for her comfort!

Talking of the Biggest Loser - I think it's phenomenal how much healthier they all were after their experience. Although I disliked Tracy on the show, I think she looked great. I thought Danny looked a bit too thin but I know almost everyone goes as far as they can for the finale and then gain a little back to be at a good maintenance weight. I thought Rudy looked really good - almost like a different person.

I did do my weigh-in yesterday despite my misgivings, and I was up 1lb from the previous week, which I was fine with considering I had three days out of town, eating every meal out. This morning I was back to last week's weight so I'm sure it'll slowly go in the right direction again. Though my dad, who arrived from England yesterday, brought me what must be 10lbs of English candy. I love him for it, but I will have to be very sensible and ration it out over the next few weeks. Even after 15 years in the US, I still don't think US chocolate can compete with the English stuff!

Oh. And I meant to say I'm preparing for a small non-scale victory! My dad wants Panda Express tonight. Pre-calorie counting, I would get fried rice, orange chicken, mandarin chicken, and two spring rolls. For a grand total of - 1,440 calories. For one meal. Tonight, I shall have mixed veggies in place of rice, mushroom chicken, and beef broccoli. Which brings it down to - 400 calories. Quite the difference! So I shall enjoy take-out without guilt!

Last edited by julesp313; 12-10-2009 at 12:43 PM.
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #142  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Heya!

Just checking in, still on track and hoping to see a loss on sunday morning.

shan-Your in my thoughts and im praying you will make a speedy recovery! Meanwhile,take it easy

Jules-wasn't the biggest loser finale awesome? Man,i couldn't believe how tiny Rebecca,Tracy and Amanda were wow,they all looked great! Can't wait until the next season. High fives on choosing the low cal alternative at panda express...being a fellow chinese lover i know how hard that can be.

Aiesline-Awesome job keeping that scale in check, i too gain atleast a lb of water whenever i eat fastfood stuff.

Lori-your so close to your christmas goal...High fives girl,you'll be wearing that ghostbuster goal shirt in no time

Tanna Banna-(cute name) congrats on your 2miles yesterday and congrats to your hubby for the walk.

Hey to everyone i missed...

as for me,ive finished my workout for the day so its now time to relax! hey, does anyone here have a facebook account? Im so hooked on there games, if i have any spare time im playing them

ok...have a great night, ttyl
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:56 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Lori, hugs. I lost my dad Jan 2006. I still miss him alot. Hang in there way to go on your weight loss. I am also on a plateau in these lovely 170s. I think I might try upping my calories again. Then drop them back down to 1200.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #144  
NEVER GIVE UP

so sleepy just wanted to say goodnight everyone~HOPE Y'all had a great day!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

Height: 5'2"

Dropping in to say hi.....HI!!!!!

So much going on.

Lori I know how you feel about your Dad. My dad passed too ( on NewYears Day) and this time of the year can be hard. But I am glad you are over the hump and realize he is still in your heart and head. He is cheering you on!
And you are only 18lbs away from your goal. At this point I can't even imagine being that close.

Shan sorry to hear about the flu and you missing your trip. How disappointing. I know you have been planning for this for a while. I hope you get well soon.

Tanna congrats on getting back into your grove. And the running in the cold, I praise you. I am a coward and have been running indoors since it started getting cold.

Congrats to the losers and all of us for sticking it out. WTG

Me....I am hanging in there. The body can be a funny thing. After getting to the 50lb loss I have been sitting here for a few days. I have been trying to watch my body pattern and it seems to aways hold weight when I am pre-TOM. So hoping that I will get moving soon.
But I am patient. I know that I am doing all the right things so I know it will all catch up in time.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #146  
In the desert...

Fridays, I should just avoid the office. Go to a client instead. Darn bagels and donuts! But - I had a half bagel, no cheese, and I ate the crust only (scooped out the soft part) - granted, it's still not a great nutritional choice but it was better than a Dunkin' Donut! And I brought lunch so I have complete control over that - thank goodness. It's cold, cloudy and threatening rain here in Vegas - just the sort of weather that makes me want to eat comfort foods. I shall resist!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

172.4 this morning. I hope it doesn't bounce back up again...grrr....hang in there everyone!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:57 PM   #148  
NEVER GIVE UP

Looks like everyone is doing good~Shan I too hope you get well soon!

I have been sleeping for like hours upon hours for the last few days...so I am off to bed...I feel fine just sleepy~I think it was where my hubby was sick and I couldn't snuggle him properly for that week or so & now I am sleeping with him every chance I get~(NO NOT THAT WAY DIRTY HEADS! LOL)
Anyways~he is so dang snuggly! So I am keeping this short....until 2morrow. STAY STRONG!!!!

added note:
Although yesterday me & Lorra~ (losing4another) Did Have a super myspace experience that about drove us both batty for a few hours.~But I found it fun regardless. LOL! I think I am a silly hillbilly! Thank God Lorra came to my rescue~THANKS LORRA~she is so dang smart!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #149  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Morning,

i woke up in a kinda pissy mood after peeking at the scale, its just not moving this week! still hovering around 178? this is the third week in a row. Im eating my usual 1600 a day,my workouts are on tabs this week...i dunno? I did change my workout rotation this week,maybe thats it? Maybe im holding onto water or possible gaining muscle. I hate when the scale hovers,,urrrrrrrr. Ive still got one more day to flush out the water. Wish me luck..if i could just see 177 tomorrow i will be thrilled!

hey to everyone, i will bb later
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #150  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

4 pounds down for the christmas challenge 2 to go. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote