Old 11-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #46  

I have already done 10 miles on the bike today.I think that today is going to be a good day.I really want to make my christmas goal.
chubbyphotographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #47  
Lowcarb Loser

S/C/G: 315/200.5/150

O.K holiday weekend is over folks! Let's work it today!
Oh and no munchies either.
I plan to behave well for at least the next two weeks!
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

I'd like to join the christmas challenge. This morning is my start (not just for this challenge but for pretty much everything) and I weighed 204. My goal is set at 2 lbs. loss per week so if I'm on track I'll lose 8 lbs. and be down to 196 by christmas! I'm going to keep a calorie range of around 1400 and start going to the gym again (I haven't been to the gym since august, eek!).

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and good luck to all of you participating in the challenge, I just know it's within everyone's power to meet their goals!
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #49  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Just checking in after the weekend. I had a good one and stayed within my calories and got in a 6k walk each day. Does dragging large bags filled with Christmas presents about 2k from the mall to home count as a workout? If it doesn't it should. My arms and shoulders haven't been the same since Saturday night when I did that. Hahahaha. It's my new workout--Christmas shopping heavy bag workout.

I was just reading over everyone's goals for this challenge and they all seem sensible and doable. Good luck everyone and success to us all.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:11 PM   #50  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Well the weigh in this morning definitely did not go as well as I'd hoped. I was back up to 176 this morning I knew I would have gained a little bit from the holiday, but I definitely was not expected almost a 4 lb gain. I'm hoping most of it is water weight and will come off quickly. Starting today I am 100% back on track with eating. Exercising is another story. I'll just have to find time to squeeze in 5 min jumping jack breaks, maybe every time I complete a section of my paper. I can't wait until I'm done with school and actually have time to be normal again lol. This week I have 2 tests tom., and assignment due Wed., a 15 page paper due Thurs., and my first Bio final Friday. Then I have 3 more finals the next week and my graduate exit exam. It's gonna be a very difficult 2 weeks! So now I have almost 9 lbs to lose by Christmas Have a great week everyone!
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #51  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

ive gained 24 lbs since sept...its embarrassing, but time to get going...my goal is to ecercise at least 45 mins a day...glad to be back
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

today is my WI day...scale read 190.4...I understand your weight fluctuates, but GEEZ! it's driving me crazy! So, I guess since I started this challenge on Friday...I've lost 0.2lbs since the start! LOL but it was up over the weekend...i'm hoping I can reach the new decade within in the next couple days...WOOHOO!!!! I got up and did a 20min Turbo Jam workout and then 8miles on the Recumbent Bike...might do more on the bike when I get home tonight from work???

Question for anyone: How in the world do you get a tickerfactory.com ticker in your signature???? I've looked in the help forum and couldn't find anything...I had made a ticker on the site, but then couldn't figure out how to get it to show up as a ticker??

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE on making this challenge a SUCCESS!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #53  
In the desert...

Thank you for the welcomes - it's nice to have found a challenge (almost) when it started!

I made it to the gym this morning - I have to go before work or I simply don't go. I know myself only too well and I can come up with a million reasons not to go after work. Even though 5:15am is stupidly early to get up, being at the gym that early at least guarantees that I get my workout in. I would much prefer to run outside but at that time of day (night!) it's pitch black and my husband pitches a fit about safety - which I get. Treadmill running is painfully dull for me, even with a kick-butt playlist on my iPod, but I'm just going to have to suck it up.

Now I'm trying to convince myself that a 5:30am spinning class on Wednesday would be a fabulous challenge - despite the fact that I get very sore seatbones from bike riding, have never done a spinning class, and am dreading the idea of being the newbie. What a wuss, huh? I bet nobody else in the class gives two hoots about me!
julesp313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #54  
hot mama!

S/C/G: 184/149/130

Height: 5'4"

It's nice to read about your successes! It helps me to keep on keeping on.

Eating today has been good- other than the large hunk of Amish friendship bread I just ate, but the day ain't over yet. I'm going to go run 3 miles tonight, and dinner should be pretty healthy. Mushroom ravioli with spinach and garlic/lemon and some orange slices on the side. Yum

I haven't exercised since the 5 Mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. My lower back calves got really strained out because there were a lot of hills. I am feeling better today though.

Weight held steady this morning. I'm hoping TOM will come soon and get rid of some of this bloat! I'm also really stressed out with work and want to eat non-stop. This is hard!
Tanna Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

down another .2 today! Keep the losses coming!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #56  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Lori- Still hanging in there The hardest part right now is mindless snacking. I will find myself looking for a snack and not even be hungry ..just a bad habit I've got back into not counting calories for so long. Skipped hamburgers with the family and had a stir fry....It's coming back I remember how this is done ha!

David- I know but we just have to dust ourselves off and get back on track. The hardest part is getting back on track...then we just have to not fall off AGAIN This part of the year will be tough ...One step at a time
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #57  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

(Not checking for errors so please ignore my typing mistakes ~LOL)

Tanna Banana~adorable! My sisters little girl is 6 and Her name is anna And I have always called her my anna banana! LOL Its just adorable.

blueridgegirl~wow~All vacationers should read your post~AMAZING JOB! I am proud of your determintation! EXCELLENT WORK!

misspriss78 ~SENDING A BIG HUG TO YOU! You always brighten my days!
Good job On finding The 30 minutes works for ya...& good luck doing the 45...I started out with 15 minutes of walking 3 x's a day(which about killed me LOL) & upped it eventually to 45 minutes 2X's a day Which seems good for the moment...But ya never know.LOL

amynbebes~WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO~ALL LOSS IS AWESOME~SO PROUD OF YOU!

chubbyphotographer~ 10 miles is AMAZING!!! I hope you make your Christmas goal ~Your working hard at it & thats what will get you there.GOOD JOB!

Starzmom ~Sounds like a great plan.....COME ON onederland For My dear buddy who deserves it!

Bombe ~WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE & GOODLUCK WITH YOUR Goal..WE ARE HEAR FOR YOU~YOU CAN DO IT!

retiredone~WOW~Most definetly~Everything we do Burns calories SO MOST DEFENITLY!!! I just finished up all my Christmas shopping today~Thank God!

zoochick777~do not worry~I went up from 169.8 to 172.2 after Thanksgiving day And Now I am as of today back to 169.8 So It will go back off quickly.Just stay on Plan and it will soon be gone! HUGS!

david ~SO GLAD YOUR BACK!!! 24 pounds could have been worse......So do not worry about it or be embarressed ~Now your back On here....ready to take back control & get those unwanted pounds off....HANG IN THERE....YOU CAN DO IT.

KDM322 ~I totally hear ya!!! It so sucks when weight loss is slow to show or up & down...But I promise A swoosh is in your future as long as your on plan....A BIG SWOOSH!
As for ticker factory I save the ticker into my photos on my computer after I make it & then I Upload it into the signature that way....But I am not very good at explaining things like that...Maybe start a thread if you can't figure it out and someone can help you with more knowledge of explaining computers... GOODLUCK WITH IT.

julesp313~ HOOT HOOT~I give 2 hoots about ya!!! Just give it your all & You will do Fabulous!!! GOODLUCK.

jendiet~ SUPER DUPER!!!! ALL WEIGHT LOSS ROCKS! WAY TO GO!

Losing4another ~YOUR DOING GREAT~HANG IN THERE ~I am proud of ya!

as for me....My Christmas shopping is done~THANK GOD!
I am on plan Good........THANK GOD....I AM BACK To 169.8~THANK GOD!
Now time to Lose some more and reach my christmas goal!
Oh,Nearly forgot...My kids go back to school tommorrow....THANK GOD!!LOL
My hubby got me a ghost busters t-shirt to wear for when I reach goal for my goal pic..For Christmas...Since I said I looked like The Big Marshmellow guy in the old Ghost Busters Movie....So That will be hilarious & very meaniful for me to wear when I reach my goal....I LOVE THAT SHIRT! MY HUBBY ROCKS! ~Plus he got me a few more things I asked for Just small stuff~Fingernails stickers to keep me occupied this winter LOL~& a big heart ring~I LOVE & a pair of earring I ADORE!!! Plus he got me stuff a few weeks ago for my bithday~(Which is in 6 days LOL~OMG~I AM GONNA Be 21 hahaha~Just kidding on the age But my 34 will feel like 21 with all this weight loss)

EVERYONE TAKE CARE!

Last edited by Lori259; 11-30-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:24 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Lori - Thanks for your help, but somehow I figured it out...and it might be a little easier than the way you said so I thought I'd share...once you create the ticker on tickerfactory.com, you can copy & paste the "bbCode" into your signature...I did it a week or so ago and it didn't work...the only thing I did different this time was I deleted the spaces from the code before saving my signature...the first space was before the first [img] and then the last space was after the second [img]...once I deleted these and made the code all one big continuous strand, it showed up as a ticker when I saved...hope this wasn't too confusing, but just C&P'ing the code seems easier than saving it to your computer and then uploading it to your signature....
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:32 AM   #59  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone. I hit the gym tonight. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill at 6mph, and I rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes and completed 7 miles. Feeling good.

Some of you know I live in South Korea, so I wanted to throw this out there. I'm looking to do a Christmas card exchange with anyone else interested in doing so. Christmas is my favorite time of year, yet it's not really celebrated here in SK. If anyone wants to do an exchange just send me a pm message with your address and I will send you mine.

December 12-16th I will be in Japan for my vacation. It's my reward for finishing strong in the Biggest Loser challenge I have been doing. Also reward for reaching Halloween and Thanksgiving goal.

Lori- More news on my fellow. He's introducing me to his best friends on Saturday night. We are all going to the vacation house and having dinner and drinks and then staying the night. So nervous, but excited! Also, this is going to be my first Christmas ever to have a boyfriend during this time. That's exciting and new too!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Misspriss- How is your week?
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #60  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello all.

Lori, I'm just about finished my Christmas shopping, too. I'm not at home right now as I'm helping my DS and DIL with their baby for a few weeks. DS had surgery and can't lift the baby when DIL teaches piano in the evenings. So when I finally get home I'll finish off the rest. I've got all the shopping done for family members close by DS's place though so I don't have to send them this year.

I'll be on my stationary bike tonight as it's raining torrents out today and that is supposed to turn to snow this evening.

Anyways, gotta run and make a few cookies for DIL to take to the seniors home on the weekend.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote