Old 12-02-2008, 07:44 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

well i am 165.2 i will like to 155 by dec 31 ... there will be 5 WI during that time , 2 pouds a week...
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:38 AM   #167  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi all. TOM is back, so my weight is up at 187 and sitting there. It was low before, so I'm thinking I will be heading down next week.

My arm is feeling normal, but I have been afraid to try lifting with it just yet. I did do a big hedge trimming job that I was sure would show up as pain the next day, but nothing, not a twinge, so I'm hoping this means the arm is back in business and ready for lifting. I'm thinking I'll give it a few more days, start back Monday, light weights, and go from there.

Cardio has been good: running and skating, one or the other every night.

Food hasn't been bad as far as cals, but way too many crappy carbs and sodium. Money's just been tight and sometimes I have to choose what makes the most meal for our money, rather than lean meats and fresh veggies. Tomorrow I'll be paying the December bills, and I've already finished shopping for Xmas, so anything that comes in after can go for good food, plus gas for getting to the Y. I'm so ready for life to get back to normal!

Water...sigh! I'm trying to remember to drink water throughout the day, not just when I'm running or skating. So far, I've only been successful at having a bottle in the mornings. After that, it gets crazy and I totally forget about it until I'm doing cardio. I will keep on trying with that one!

FB, I love the family photo on your avatar!

Isabella, congrats on hitting the 50 lbs lost mark!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:14 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 254/see tracker/154

Height: 5'8"

Well it looks like everyone is doing great. I have been trying to break below 226 and I finally think I did it. Lets hope it doesnt go back up tomorrow. My scale is so temperamental =D. I have been at 226 for the last 2 weeks even with staying well into calorie deficit territory and doing 6-7 mile walks everyday... It was kind of annoying, no it was pissing me off but the good thing was that I had no intention of giving in... Normally I would go screw it and head over to mega calorie land and go crazy. I am hoping this is a permanent attitude change.
koolkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #169  
FB

Hello everyone, hello! Glad to see we're well and kicking.

Good thinking on the arm Jammy, I wouldn't want to risk more pain. You're right about making the most of your meals with what you have, December will certainly be okay with that solid plan. JEEZUS - you holiday shopped already?? I'm bad, send the husband out on Christmas Eve or panic, holiday shop online the week of and pay a fortune on express shipping. I get so busy in December I forget!

Thanks for the avatar compliment! It's our Christmas card photo this year I was trying for a more traditional thing, but gave up within minutes. Think this is way cuter and reflects us better anyhow.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #170  
FB

Oh yeah Jammy - speaking of pictures....
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 AM   #171  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Yes, we want pictures!!

I keep water on the counter in a 12 ounce glass and as soon as I drink it I refill it. I try to do that 4 times during the day. Some days are wet and some days are drought.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #172  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

HI cc challenge chicks!
I am popping in to say that I am working hard to stay on plan. At this point is's kinda like every 2-3 days I fall/jump far from the OP wagon. But today so far is OP and I anticipate an OP night. (now that I've said it.... gotta follow thru... riiiiight??)

Stated challenge miles are most weeks OK but the weather is daunting and so is the schedule this time of year. soo.. If I cannot keep up miles then I commit to HIIT and am trying for weight resistance training at least 2 times a week.

glad to see such progress
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #173  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I'm over half way to my New Years goal and am feeling great.

Great job Kittycat on jumping back on the wagon!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies!! Glad to see that everyone is doing so good!! Things are going good here, its snowing today and I really want to bake cookies or something but I am trying to resist because I will end up eating toooo many!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am hoping for a good number. Things have slowed down a bit for me and I really, really want to get to my New Years goal!

Have a great weekend ladies!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 210/205/130

I'm down 3lbs today.Thats 3 lbs closer to onederland!
marybeth60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #176  
start date dec 2008

S/C/G: goal 10 at a time!

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone,
I think this is my first post. jamsk8r is a member here and has lost lots of weight, so here I am so I can copy her! so I am at 357 and trying to lose a mere 200 pounds. I am starting with 2 bottles of water (per day) today and am going to stop eating french fries and all fried foods for my first step.
brattybratbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #177  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Hey all, brattybratbrat forgot to say, she is my sister.

I haven't read all the new postings, yet, but here's my update:
I stocked up on the good groceries yesterday, and skated last night. New low on the scale this morning: 184.0. Yes, in only 5 weeks, I've lost 0.4 lbs, lol. I'm not complaining, though...I'll take anything I can get! I'll be back to read and reply, when I'm not on the phone chatting with my sister....
Old 12-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #178  
start date dec 2008

Thanks for claiming me jamsk8r ! I wasn't sure if I should be bragging that we were related! Of course, I am proud to be jamsk8r's sister! She's my hero! I agree with FB- where's that new picture??
Old 12-07-2008, 02:26 AM   #179  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Kiwi, congrats on sticking to your plan and blowing through that sticking point!

FB, I just hate shopping for gifts after the madness starts, so I always try to finish gift shopping before turkeyday weekend. I love just being able to enjoy the holiday with my son, finding fun stuff to do to celebrate, rather than focusing on gift buying. For 2008, I also had a financial goal of paying all the utility and monthly bills, on time, with cash on-hand, no late notices, no playing "catch up" on heating bills with my tax refund, so part of making that happen was to spread the expense of xmas, bday gifts, etc, over the whole year. Anyway, probably TMI, but that's why I'm done shopping, because I've been buying things here and there since January.

Isabella, thanks for the tip on the water. I need to do something like that, tie it into something I do several times a day, or set an alarm on my phone. I don't mind drinking it, I just forget about it. No pics yet. I meant to ask my sister S, but totally forgot. Now that I think of it, though, she's still got pics in her digital cam from last year's vacation, so maybe I'll ask my other sister that lives close by, lol! If I wasn't squeezing the life out of the budget, I'd just buy film and get it developed, but I've got to stick with the budget for now. Maybe after being good all year, I'll be able to take some of the tax refund to buy a digital camera...that's at the top of the wishlist this year!

Angel and Kitty, WTG with your focus on staying OP this week!

Rodeo and Marybeth, congrats on the weight loss! FB, too, since I see you dropped a few more since you said you were feeling stuck!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #180  
start date dec 2008

good morning all, i am going shopping for good food now. i have to make sure i get the right stuff, or as jamsk8r calls it- "the good groceries"! right now i just have some sugar babies on the dashboard of my truck and some bottled water! oh did i mention i live in a semi? So sugar babies on the dash means that's all i have in the house!
i am checking the thread that has everyone posting their daily food choices. There are some great food choices there where i can find some ideas!

here i go...