Old 12-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

Well, it looks like everyone is doing good. Welcome to the newcomers. I believe CC is the only way to go. I was down another 2# this week. I was hoping for more as I stayed the same over Thanksgiving (I way over ate) but, I am only 2#'s from my New Year goal.

Keep up the good work everyone, I will try to post alittle more often again, but it is a really busy time of year.

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #182  

Height: 5'7"

I lost another 1.6 this past week which put me at my 80lb mark.. I still need to lose another 6lbs to be at my new years goal.
lets pump up exercise this week and see what we can get accomplished.
hugs
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:51 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

I lost anther 1lb this week! I am at 206 so only 7 to go!!

Great job everyone!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #184  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Wow, the pounds are melting off you gals. I'm impressed. I weighed in yesterday but didn't lose anything this week. Too much on the go but thankfully I didn't gain. I haven't gained any week since I started this way back in January but I have had a few weeks where I didn't lose any so I'm ok with this. Hopefully I'll have a loss next Saturday.

Cheryl, your financial plan is sound. You know losing weight is about getting control of your life and even a good working financial plan can make you feel good about yourself and thus impact upon the weight loss. I guess it has a lot to do about being happy with yourself in all aspects of life.

Time to go to bed or I'll be sleeping when everyone else is up and about.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:05 AM   #185  
FB

Hey, welcome BBB! A sister of jammy's is a friend of mine!

So, are you a trucker? That's is so freaking cool! That's what I wanted to be when I grew up, throughout my teens. I went so far as to sign up for trucking school, but chickened out last minute. Instead, I'm a baby photographer who secretly longs for the highways.

So glad to have you join us! You'll do well, so there's no reason to wish you luck.

Jammy - yeah I dropped a few since I complained about getting stuck. It always works out that way, I loose in whooshes, not consistently at all. In November I lost a whopping 2.6 pounds, despite being on plan every day. For December, just one week - 8.6 pounds. Go figure. I don't get it, at all, since I'm very very consistent. Oh well.

I cannot bring myself to Christmas shop early because I dread it. I have a huge list of people to buy for, but I don't see those people very often. I hate being obligated to buy gifts.

My Christmas rule should be, if I don't know you well enough to think of a great present offhand, then I shouldn't have to buy you one.

I wish!

Seriously, there are probably 20 people I have to buy for and I will have to shop blindly for about 15 of them.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #186  
start date dec 2008

S/C/G: goal 10 at a time!

Height: 5'9"

Angelmae is about to go to onederland! horray!

dgramie i am inspired by your call to excercise! I have been walking twice a day, one song at a time! I'm typing and driving in my truck-is this illegal? Anyway my current excervise regime is to walk 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night! But he problem is, i am only walking 4 minutes beofre I tire out! Ok so as I was sayin'- 4 minutes in the morning and 4 minutes at night!

slim n up good job on the loss! keep on pushing...thats what i say when i walk...

FB Thank You for the welcome. Yes I drive a truck and rented out my house to save money. So I live in the semi and I have to watch what I put in it (for food) or I will reach for the easiest snack! I gained the bulk of the weight here in the truck (over 80 pounds).i went shopping and the bought all good low cal and nutritious food and snacks. I found "wholly guacamole" 100 calorie packs! they go great on salad. (6 packs in a box and about 3.49)

jamsk8r is my best friend, and I'm glad she is acheiving her goals! She has been so consistent and devoted to her calorie counting and excersing. And she has so much integrity Cheryl is like the Godfather; if she says it,, it's true! I haven't seen her since 2001-she''s 2500 miles away- boohoo jamsk8r!
So now that have properly embarassed her....heehee. i'm going for my 4 minute walk now.

Last edited by brattybratbrat; 12-09-2008 at 02:00 PM.
brattybratbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #187  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Everyone sounds like they are doing pretty well - great job considering it's the season of lots of temptation, heh.

I'm getting pretty close to my New Years goal - so I think it is going to happen, even with Christmas dinner!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #188  
start date dec 2008

S/C/G: goal 10 at a time!

Height: 5'9"

Wowee rodeo girl! Very impressive so far... I especially like your new years eve goal- very ambitious and you did it!
brattybratbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I believe I counted myself in to this challenge and completely forgot about it at some point. D'oh. Well, I'll just say that my life's been pretty stressful lately (grandma died this past Thursday.. which we basically knew was going to happen for weeks beforehand) but I'm back (really this time) and ready to commit back to finish what I've started. Thinking realistically, I just want to be at an even 140 by my birthday (New Years), with my ultimate goal about 5 lbs lower than that.

What I need to do: actually do my exercise routine.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #190  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'm 16 pounds down in my goal to lose another 25 by new years! Only 9 more to go this month and I am SURE I can do it!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:48 AM   #191  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

BBB, it's so cool that you're checking in here! WTG on getting the good food in the truck. You're the boss of me with your 2x/day walking! I am still not meeting my goal of a 30 min run on non-skating days.

Wilma, congrats on the 2# this week!

DG, the 80 lb mark qualifies you for the coveted Flamey Award... WTG!

Angel's going to be in ONEderland soon, very soon!

Isabella, you are so right. In fact, I didn't start out the year aiming to lose weight. I started with the aim of getting a social life. I work at home, and my son is homeschooled, and while he was getting plenty of social time with friends and such, I wasn't! So, I decided to make a list of goals and priorities. I wrote down headings like "health, financial, social, education" etc. After I had a list, I decided to write down ONE simple step I could take to improve on what I was currently doing in each area of my life, even the ones that I was pretty happy with. I decided I would write up a new sheet each month, with one small task I could do in each area of my life. Well, that worked for me, in many ways, and here I am, fifty pounds lighter, lol. Next year, I think I'll focus more on getting richer, because now that I'm not living outside my means, I need more means, lol.

FB, I KNOW you are consistent, every day. You are my HERO! I have been ON PLAN with my food, 100%, for several days now, and today I saw some evil food not worth mentioning, and I wanted it bad! But I thought, "FB would not eat that! FB would say it's not worth it! FB would say to stick with the plan, and the weight will come off, has to, but only if you stick to the plan!" So, I did not buy it, I took my bad self right on by there and bought some broccoli instead! So, you didn't know it, but you helped me today, thank you very much!

I can just see you as a truck driver, too, lol. On the gift thing, I see what you're saying. One benefit of being a single mother, I don't have to buy for all the in-laws, so that's something!

Rodeo, you are doing great!

Layri, welcome back! We have been missing you around here!

CFM, that is a crazy goal, and you are doing it! OMG! I see a multiple Flamey Award in your future. :grin:

Phew! I need to check in more often...these replies are getting long! My report: I hit a new low on the scale on Sunday: 183.2, my first 183-anything. Since then the scale has been creeping up, but I have been 100% on the food plan, so I am not panicking, and know it will go down again. Still only getting skating in as exercise, and tomorrow is a skating day, but I'm working on tweaking the workout plan so I will actually do my running on Thursday. I also think I may be safe to ease back into lifting on Thursday...woohoo! The arm feels good, like normal, so I am going to try it, and I am going to make myself go easy, so I don't blow it with another injury!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 254/see tracker/154

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Looks like everyone is doing great... I have started snowboarding again since the mountain opened on the day after thanksgiving. I have been 7 times since then and I think I am finally working through those awful foot cramps. I don't know if the snowboarding is as good as my 2 hour walks and I suspect probably not but its a change of pace and its becoming too miserable to walk outside here now... and treadmills are soooooo blah.

My weight loss has slowed lately, though more likely its just started to get to normal instead of the insane losses I was having. However, I am doing the happy dance because I just lost 2.5 pounds overnight (if only this was normal) and I am now within 1 pound of my new years goal.
koolkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #193  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Koolkiwi, I don't know if snowboarding is as good as walking but I bow to your youth and ability. If I snowboarded I'd have to rest afterwards in a pine box. Yes, I'd be dead!

I was just reading over the thread and noticed how well most of us are doing with eating and exercise Even if we don't get it 100% all the time we are on the right path. What I was actually thinking was that if I can lose weight or at least maintain in December with all the Christmas food and activities (to take attention from exercise) then I can lose weight really well any time of the year. That brings great hope for January when things go back to the hum drum, everyday things of life. Then I can really concentrate on weight loss again. I have totally resolved not to gain weight over the Christmas holidays.

Anyway, it's Wednesday (hump day as some call it) and I'm just half way through to my weigh in so I'll check back later on with good news from the scales.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies thanks for the cheers! I am working really hard to get to ONEderland!!

Layri-Sorry to hear about your Grandma, its always hard to lose someone that you love.

Jamsk8r-Congrats on the new low!! WooHoo!!

Have a great Wednesday ladies!! Only 15 days til Christmas!!

Last edited by AngelMae; 12-10-2008 at 12:44 PM.
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #195  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Kiwi, I would think that snowboarding would be a great workout and burn some major calories, especially since you're probably doing several runs, then hiking around in the snow, right? Sounds like fun!

Isabella, you have been losing consistently, it seems to me. I feel like I'd be losing regularly, too, if I would just stick to my food and exercise plan, so I am trying to get back to that.

Angel, thanks! I have a question for you...in your avatar, which one is you, and who is that with you? It's a great pic, and I just always wonder which one is AngelMae?

My report: the scale is creep-ed down a little this morning, so hopefully that's a sign of more of those "3"s in my future. I am SO ready to get out of the 180s! I've got skating tonight, and want to get back on the running and lifting wagon tomorrow, so today it is on my list to figure a better time of day for my running. If I have any motivation problem when the time comes, I've already decided I'll go for 5 mins, and if I want to go on from there, I will, but if I'm feeling pressed for time (which is the real issue, I don't want to take the time), then I'll just do the 5 mins to start. I figure, if I can get past the "not starting" obstacle, it won't be long before I'm back on track with running. Lifting, I like, and for some reason don't mind blowing off all kinds of things to get that workout in, lol. I like running, too, I just don't know why it's different in my mind to take time for that!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote