Old 11-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

Retire, on the weight loss.

Kool, I know what you mean about the temptations of the candy, I had some here, but had DH take it down to our Grandson, as he didn't go Trick or Treating, he thinks he is to old for it, but he sure didn't turn it down when we gave it to him. Then I think I hope we aren't setting him up for the same struggles we have. Anyway it was great that you were able to stay on track with your calories.

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #77  

Height: 5'7"

I had a 1.2lb loss this week. I am now at 229.4...so excited to be out of the 230s!! Gotta a long way to go still but so proud of how far i have came in the past 10 months!!
hugs to all!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #78  

dgramie, on getting out of the 230's. It always feels great when you hit the next lower set of 10's doesn't it. It is such a great accomplishment.

Wilma
Old 11-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #79  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'8

WOW, seems like everyone is doing pretty good! I have done alright the last couple of days. I have stayed within my calorie range but I really haven't exercised that much. This is my weekend to work 3rd shift in the ER and the 12 hour shifts are a killer!! Maybe by Monday I can get back to exercising good!
clewles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #80  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Mind if I join you guys? My goal for New Year's would be to be under 170. I have really been struggling with my weight so hopefully I can reach this goal.

My starting weight is 178.8 for the challenge.

bev

Last edited by Bev; 11-10-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #81  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMae View Post
I had a NSV this morning. I put some pants on that used to be tight, the kind of tight that leaves marks that itch on your tummy. Well when I put them on this am they were loose!!!

I just hope the scale will reflect my NSV tomorrow morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Just checking in. Lost 1.5 pounds this week. Everyone seems to be doing pretty good. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
I had a 1.2lb loss this week. I am now at 229.4...so excited to be out of the 230s!! Gotta a long way to go still but so proud of how far i have came in the past 10 months!!
hugs to all!!

I am a woman of few words, this morning.

Weighed a day early. Don't know why. Just had a feeling I should. So I went with it. Down another three. That makes seven towards my Run At 300 By the New Year.

Later, gators.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

I was down 2 this morning! Only 15 more to get to my New Years goal!!

Keep up the good work ladies!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #83  

WOW! Everyone is doing great this week. Keep up the good work.

Welcome Bev. Here is some to help you reach your goal.

Wilma
Old 11-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #84  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelMae View Post
I was down 2 this morning! Only 15 more to get to my New Years goal!!

Keep up the good work ladies!

Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #85  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Hey everybody. :wave2:

I've been reading when I can, even when I don't write in. Sounds like this challenge is off to a great start! Chele, sorry to hear about your gr. uncle.

FB, sorry to hear about the stall, but I bet it's just the lifting...cuz you're getting so BUFF! (or at least, that's what I tell myself, lol)

I'm not even going to try to answer every single post, but just know I'm reading and I do care, just things are busy right now, so I'm not able to stay on the computer for long, if at all, most days.

I overworked something in my left arm while cutting brambles this past week. Hopefully it's just a muscle that's really grumpy. I'll give it a few more days and see what it feels like. Right now I can't grip a teacup in that hand, much less a dumbbell. Meanwhile, I'm subbing running, just to be doing something.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:57 AM   #86  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

thanks for the welcome everyone. I was really discouraged last week with my weight. I went to the dr and found out since April I have gained 10 pounds. She is really concerned that I will gain even more weight over the holidays. I wish eatting healthy was as easy to me as exericse is.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
I had a 1.2lb loss this week.
WTG!! It's awesome dropping down into another "decade" eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clewles81 View Post
WOW, seems like everyone is doing pretty good! I have done alright the last couple of days. I have stayed within my calorie range but I really haven't exercised that much. This is my weekend to work 3rd shift in the ER and the 12 hour shifts are a killer!! Maybe by Monday I can get back to exercising good!
Wow I bet that is killer! Hopefully you can get back to your routine soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dancer View Post
Down another three. That makes seven towards my Run At 300 By the New Year.
Woohoo! Carrot for you too! hehe

I am down 2.2 lbs so far for the challenge! Hopefully this trend will continue.

Great job, everyone! Keep rockin' it!
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 250+/200?/160

Height: 5'8"

I want the size 14 jeans in my closet to be loose by New Year's. Right now, I can get them on and zip them, but I'm afraid to sit down in them because the button might pop off under the strain, fly across the room and kill one of the cats or break something. lol I want to make sure I don't gain 5 lbs over the holiday when Hubby and I go home to visit family. I want to drink more water and banish diet coke from the house. I want to weigh myself after New Year's and be in onederland.

Good luck (and hard work) to all of us!
Annie Pele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:34 PM   #89  
FB

Heya girls!

Weight still isn't moving much, which is fine - I know from experience it has nowhere to go but down when I'm on plan.

I joined a new gym for continued exercise excitement. I was on a 30 day trial at a place, pretty sure I wanted to join but visited our area's new Gold's Gym last night. It's the mecca of exercise! I signed up, yay!

We're keeping the Y membership because it's great for our son to swim or to pop down the block for a quick workout. I like having options The Y is great but doesn't always meet my needs. However, it offers tons of family fun options, where Gold's doesn't. I figure since this is our entertainment these days and since I use the gym everyday (compared to old days of dining out feasts and junk) no harm in having 2 memberships.

Buffness here I come!

Last edited by FB; 11-11-2008 at 02:34 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #90  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

FB, you've got it moving again, looks like...woohoo! I'm not sure what mine is doing yet, TOM this past week, then I woke at 3:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Since I had to have some caffeine and eat breakfast so early, I didn't bother with the weigh-in today. My eating has not been great. Going on the carbfest when we were pinching the budget half to death didn't help, now I'm having a hard time getting back to normal, despite having stocked up on the good stuff. I'm shooting for a totally on-plan day tomorrow. I'm missing lifting, but my arm is still hurting me, so I am staying away from it.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote