Old 03-25-2007, 11:25 AM   #616  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Good Morning everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsk8r View Post

Yesterday's final count was 1708, with 2 hours of actual "workout" skating.. I was beat!

Today's count so far is 1438, so I'll be right in my 16-1800 goal by the end of the day. Did some stairstepping today, as it was cold and raining outside, and I needed something for a workout. When I finished with that, I needed something else to do, so I checked the printout of the C25K workout which had been gathering dust on my desk for a few weeks, and did the first one, running around the house like a dork, lol. When I finished that, the rain had let up for a bit, so I took the bike out and got in 4 miles before it started pouring again.

Still fluctuating between 224 and 221 on the scale, but hopefully now that I'm eating the right foods, I'll be able to get the scale going the right direction. Forgot to weigh in this morning before I ate, so I'll have to do it tomorrow and call it official.

Cheryl

Way to go Cheryl !

You are doing great! Can't wait to get that kind of energy. Soon I hope.

how long did it take you to get that kind of energy?

Last edited by littlered; 03-25-2007 at 01:37 PM.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:45 AM   #617  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

Ok, I made weekly change to my ticker ... too bad it had to go up a lb., but I want to stay accountable and see no point in sugar coating anything. I also set another goal. We have a wedding to go to in Nags Head May 4-6. I think losing a lb. a week is reasonable and achievable, so that's my new goal.

Have a great day everyone!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #618  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

I blew it yesterday. Went 1300 calories OVER what I'm supposed to eat, and half of those calories were from beer. :-( I knew that even the first one was going to make it tight for the day, but I somehow went for four more and then decided I needed two big snacks before bed, "so I could sleep well." I think "compulsive" isn't the right word for what happened yesterday. It was more "impulsive." I felt myself starting to resist the extra calories and then impulsively rushed to start eating/drinking before I could talk myself out of it.

You know what would make me sleep well? Sticking to my plan.

Oh well, today's another day.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #619  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I did quite well for myself yesterday. Snacking on the weekend can be a detriment and I managed to stay away from the pantry all day. Being busy on the computer was helpful!! But by evening, I was bushed and didn't feel like cooking at all. Ya know what that meant? Yup. Pizza. Oh, it was delightful! I haven't been denying myself pizza during this past year, but I usually make my own with ww dough, ff cheese and healthy toppings. Last night--Domino's. But, no weight gain overnight, so I guess I didn't over do it. But I haven't actually figured out the calories yet. I'm sure it wasn't pretty.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #620  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

3-23 904 calories
3-24 887 calories

i was very shocked with yesterdays count because i went out to dinner and even overestimated with my fitday! I need up my calories for sure... i dont want to crash and overeat!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:45 PM   #621  

Yes, rocknroll, you need to eat more than that, or you can easily risk messing up your metabolism. Any reason why you think you're so low two days in a row?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #622  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman1 View Post
I blew it yesterday. Went 1300 calories OVER what I'm supposed to eat, and half of those calories were from beer. :-( I knew that even the first one was going to make it tight for the day, but I somehow went for four more and then decided I needed two big snacks before bed, "so I could sleep well." I think "compulsive" isn't the right word for what happened yesterday. It was more "impulsive." I felt myself starting to resist the extra calories and then impulsively rushed to start eating/drinking before I could talk myself out of it.

You know what would make me sleep well? Sticking to my plan.

Oh well, today's another day.
This is why I've been resisting the urge to drink a couple of the Coronas in my fridge. I've been doing so good, but I know a couple beers would lead to the big binge. I can just see myself now, making a HUGE bowl of nachos. LOL

Just dust yourself off and start the new day fresh.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #623  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. I'm a Canuck that counting calories, too. Yesterday was my first full day, I kept my daily calories to just under 1700 and I'm really pleased with myself as weekends are especially hard for me. I hope to get to know you all.
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:37 PM   #624  

Hi, Nora, welcome aboard! Is a Canuck a Canadian?
Old 03-25-2007, 02:40 PM   #625  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Hi Claire. Yes, I'm a Canadian... It's nice to meet you.
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #626  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Hi Nora.

Welcome.

Good Luck in your new adventure.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #627  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Welcome Nora! I just joined this thread last week, and made it through my first week of weight loss. Good luck to you!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #628  

Ha, ha. I asked my husband if he knew what a Canuck was and he very confidently responded, "Yes, it's a type of fish." I never knew that's what Canadians called themselves.

I'm procrastinating big time. I'm going to get up right this minute and go do my exercise... here I go... 6 weeks, 6 pounds, 6 weeks, 6 pounds, 6 weeks, 6 pounds ...
Old 03-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #629  

ahh. why is it so hard to stay on track on the weekends? oh, it's just this reward system thinking .. we've done so well during the week, we think we can treat ourselves a little on the weekends. aiy, and it just counteracts all the hard work from being "good" during the week.

hey walking2lose, i like how you're being very honest with your ticker. like, moving it up one lb. i probably would have just not changed it at all. who wants to show that you're not improving? you're admirable! you're so honest! hehe
honeyjobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:10 PM   #630  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Welcome, Nora!

Jman, no worries. You're thinking about it and not giving up, and that's the important thing. I think I missed your intro, as I haven't been getting on the board as much as I'd like. I don't know how much you're used to drinking, but if you're used to having several every weekend or several nights a week, then you might just have them, but try cutting back to something like 2, instead of 4. Unless alcohol is ruining your life, you don't have to give it up, but rather think of it as a treat, rather than a regular beverage. One thing I did with one of my addictions, which was cokes, since I wasn't willing to go to diet...I save them for my skate nights. When I go skating, I drink a real coke. I know I'm going to, either way, so I decided to quit keeping any at home, and it's easier to resist buying them because I know I can have some when I go skating. I've cut back some now, at the rink, and take my water, to give me something else to drink, so now I drink maybe half of one the whole night, instead of two, but I didn't do that right at the start...it took a couple of weeks to get to that point, and I'm happy with that amount. You'll find your balance. I think that working out has helped me, because I feel like, I don't want to eat or drink THAT, and undo all the work I just did. Last night, I wanted chips in a bad way, but didn't want to undo my good workout day, so I grabbed a handful of sugar snap peas, instead, and munched on those until the craving went away. Really, it wasn't about chips at all, it was more of a habit because I was watching a movie, and my body was in the habit of snacking during a movie. Turns out, it didn't care if it was eating chips or snap peas, lol.

Cheryl
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote