Old 03-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #586  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Theresa,

I suffer from low energy at times too, and I generally eat very healthfully. I think my low days are mainly affected by poor sleep. I go through spells occcasionally where I don't sleep well and then I get quite fatigued. It can take a while for me to recover from this. How are you doing on sleep?

Also, do you take any supplements? B vitamins, among many other vitamins and herbs, are said to help with lethargy. I don't know enough to start recommending any, but it's an avenue you could explore and research. It sounds to me like you are doing great with you healthy lifestyle, so I would think sleep may be a factor; I've read several articles that say most Americans are sleep deprived, but they don't realize it. Just a thought.

Claire
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:08 AM   #587  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Claire

thanks for the info.
Yes I probably do have a health issue with my sleep. I get about 7-8 a night.
I hear that I snore terrible.
My family has complained for years about it.

The only reason I don't want to do the sleep test.. Heard if you have Apnea, that you have to sleep with a machine?
Maybe I need the surgury for it. I won't sleep with any thing on my face. Yuk!

I am going to get some B vitamins.
I already take a Centrum. No extra calcium, even though the Dr. did say I need it for my Osteoperosis. I makes me (not move) miserable.

Hope some one else has more ideas!
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:44 AM   #588  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My Dad has sleep apnea, and yes, you have to use that machine. He's loosing the hair on the back of his head because the strap has to be tight enough to keep the thing on his face (he's always been proud to not be going bald, and now this at age 85!). And the machine is very loud--they keep it in a different room so that my Mom can sleep without hearing the noise.

But if it is sleep apnea that is causing you to get a poor night's sleep, it is worth it for your health to have it checked.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #589  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Thanks Theresa for the special prayers for DGS he is up and running today full speed ahead. We slept in the living room on an air mattress just incase. I didn't need that mess all over my bed again.

Walktolose ~ We torr a room out a couple of years ago and I have been living in a mess every since. You could see where the room was because we used to smoke. DH is slow at doing projects and to add to it he works out of town. I just couldn't take it anymore and took matters into my own hands and decided to paint the ceilings in the living room and kitched, rooms are connected. Next is motivating him the short time he is here to either just let me paint over what is already here or do his part and redrywall. I can't see him doing his part any time soon. Paint isn't that much so I just want hime to let me repaint and he can drywall when he is off for an extended period of time. Hopefully I can convince him to do things my way.

Last edited by GrammyL; 03-24-2007 at 12:14 PM.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #590  

Claire and Theresa ~ I have energy cycles also. I do find just pushing myself to get up and just move, doesn't have to be cardio or anything, just getting up and moving helps. Stroll down the halls, cleaning house, dance, just anything brings my energy back up. Since starting my change I have all kinds of sleep problems so I hear you there. I take vitamin B complexes and natures way vitamins for woman. I can definitely tell when I don't take them but I can't say as it cures it for me. I can't say as when I was on any diet plan that it was better. I have been on one that no processed foods at all and you ate every two hours and still I had ups and downs.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #591  

Allison ~ You may want to have your parents check into a new machine for your Dad's sleep apnea. I finally got DH to go take the test and he has severe sleep apnea. They woke him up during the test and put a machine on him because they did want him to die on their watch. HEHEHEHE! His machine is very quiet and we are not the only ones to think it because he has to room with other guys and they said it doesn't bother them either. It is amazing the difference it has made for my DH's energy level.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:13 PM   #592  

Well I did great yesterday until DD ordered cheese bread for dinner. I ended up having one. Calories: 1695 so still not bad.

Better get going because DGS is up from his nap and wanting me to play with him. He gets very upset when Grammy doesn't play with him. DD just had to change his sewer butt, really stinky today for some reason.

Talk at you all tomorrow if I don't get back on today.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:17 PM   #593  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Energy-
I make sure that I eat cleaner when possible, and if I have a small treat-like a bit of chocolate, etc. that I keep it to about 100 calories a day, and try to have it in the evening, so I don't have a sugar crash from it if I had it early in the day. I try to have protein and carbs at meals.
I also do regular cardio. I also strength train 3x a week, and teach 3 dance classes each week. Early in the day cardio helps me most with my energy levels.

Projects/Decorating-
This has been part of my life for the past year. We bought a brand new (just built) house last February when we relocated, and I have spent much of that time on the kids rooms, the nursery, and my dance studio. (Our home had a living room, and a family room-but we converted one into a home studio for my practice and private lessons, with full length mirrors, etc.)
I am going to start our bedroom soon, and I am working on landscaping plans for the yard right now. Last year I could not do anything, because the yard was being graded, and sod added, etc.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #594  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5 2

Good Morning!

Friday:
Calories...1,078 ( I was so proud that I hit 1200 calories then noticed today that I entered one item twice)
Carbs...204grams or 51% (Higher than usual)
Fiber... 67 grams
Protein... 77 grams or 29%
What percent of carbs/protein are we suppose to have?
Excuse me if I'm behind in comments, that one day my internet was down messed me up.
Lara... Yes, the Tomato/Spinach soup was homemade. DH and I both love to cook and we always make everything from scratch with the exception of pudding mixes, etc.
I have a tattoo on my calf that I've had for years. We owned Harley Davidson's for years, went on many trip, poker runs, parties, etc. When I went in for a tattoo DH was with me and was urging me to select a tattoo with eagles/Harley Davidson sign. But I found something perfect, it was two green leaves with 3 red cherries. I'll try to shorten the story, I was 5 or 6 and never had a dress purchased just for me. I had hand-me-downs from my two older sisters. (family of 7) My mom bought me a mint green dress with a white yoke and cherries across the yoke. I loved that dress, my tattoo shows it. My daughter was the one that protested about my tattoo. She said I would have to cover it when she got married. I didn't!
I put it right out in the open for all to see.
Grammy... DH and I used to exercise every morning with Margaret Richards (Body Electric), and she was good. I liked it because she mixed it up and they were different each morning.
Theresa... Fruit Ripples are crispy baked real apple pieces, each bag equals one fruit and only has 50 calories per bag. The Cinnamon apple is very good!
Karen... Thanks for the dog food recipe, I sent away for a dog food cookbook. It included 3 sizes of cutters shaped like dog bones. I make up batches of the deluxe (Has a package of hamburger in it) biscuits for Christmas gifts to my friends with dogs.
Delarimi... Thanks for the tip on freezing fish!
Justme...
Quote:
No workout though...my whole body hurt from gardening on Thursday (I ONLY GOT HALF DONE TOO!!! AHHHH) still a bit sore today.

I'm jealous, we can't wait to get out and plant our garden. Unfortunately that won't be until May. We eat from it all year, today we're going to use up the last of the winter squash. We put in about 36 tomato plants and pig out on them in the summer. The excess I take the stem off, wash and freeze whole in zip lock bags. (Use just like you would canned tomatoes)
DH is out preparing a whole chicken for supper tonight and he wants Green bean casserole. I love it but rarely make it because of the salty canned cream of mushoom soup it requires. Does anybody have a recipe than elimanates the soup? I do have homemade dry ingredients mixed up, you just add water to it for creamed soups. I tried using that once and it just doesn't taste as good.
Gotta go, DD just called and is coming over to pick up my old Dell Cp for the boys. Catch ya later.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #595  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Bobbi,
Your recipe with the hamburger in it for dog biscuits sounds pretty good. I was wondering if you would like to share it? I really spoil my two little girls terrible (good) and also like to give "presents" at Christmas time.
I'm anxious for nice weather to get here so we can go for walks outside but it isn't here yet! In fact, this morning it is snowing again and we have a bout 2 inches on the ground all ready! Winter just isn't ready to give up yet.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #596  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

So the kids are with grandpa fishing even though these is a MILLION things I could be doing I'm just goofing off doing nothing around the house...(SOOO QUIET here today!!)

So I was a little extra hungry after lunch and didn't want to snack so I went and tried on my skinny clothes to keep my mind off food...I do that every once in awhile, it motivated me...and I still have smaller clothes that I grew out of after I quit smoking...jeans I barely wore before I started putting on the weight...So I pulled down the infamous sz 10P levis....tried them on...THEY FIT!!!! I only wore them a couple times 3 YEARS AGO!!! I've been bouncing around 168-172 for a couple weeks now and obviously even though the weight is about the same, my body is changing....
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:45 PM   #597  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Justme.
congratulations Keep up the good job. !
I can't wait for that to happen.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #598  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Today is my official day to record my weight and I've lost two more lbs! Which means I'm half way there and I'm only 1 lb away from a BMI of overweight (vs. obese.) YAY!

I FINALLY got the gist of fitday and will now be recording my food in there. It's really time consuming right now because I have to put in all sorts of custom foods. Does anyone know of a site that lets you input your own recipe and it'll calculate nutritional info for you? I cook a lot and I'm always adjusting recipes to suit us, so I have to guesstimate calories most of the time.

Littlered~ You dgd is so cute! I loved (still love) hats, but my niece (would that be dn?) hates hats. She's three and looks so cute in them, but she'll tear them off after 5 mins.

I used to have low energy levels too. I actually had a vitamin deficiency, but I can't take the hard kind of vitamins (my stomach.) I had really good energy when I took a liquid vitamin, I think my body was able to absorb more of it. Of course, as always happens, they discontinued the liquid I liked, so now I take an adult chewable and that seems to work well too. I also sleep 9 hours per night.

Walking~ Did you ever try the first kind of self tanners they came out with? I thought the idea was wonderful and slathered it all over my legs (thankfully I didn't put it on my face.) I turned bright orange! I wish someone had taken pictures. I didn't think it was funny at the time, but now I think it was hilarious. I've been scared of self tanners ever since.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #599  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme33 View Post
So I was a little extra hungry after lunch and didn't want to snack so I went and tried on my skinny clothes to keep my mind off food...I do that every once in awhile, it motivated me...and I still have smaller clothes that I grew out of after I quit smoking...jeans I barely wore before I started putting on the weight...So I pulled down the infamous sz 10P levis....tried them on...THEY FIT!!!! I only wore them a couple times 3 YEARS AGO!!! I've been bouncing around 168-172 for a couple weeks now and obviously even though the weight is about the same, my body is changing....
That is awesome! I can't wait till I can get into a size 10.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #600  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking2lose View Post
Good morning ladies (and I believe we have a gent -- Jman, are you still out there??),
Still here!

My first week's going pretty well. I went 200 calories over my limit last night thanks to two very good beers, but as long as I don't make that a pattern, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. However, it's already twice since Monday. Got to get a little more strict with myself. I played two hours of basketball twice this week, lifted once, and I'm going to lift again today and maybe put in half an hour on the elliptical.

Hope everybody's doing GREAT! Or even just okay. Or just not as bad as usual. Any improvement is an improvement!
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote