Old 03-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #691  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I thought I would post this and I hope it might help someone. This is going to sound odd to many people but calorie counting is coming very easy to me and I donít even have the urge to cheat at this point. I am catching some stinking thinking but still staying within my calorie counts. I will work on that stinking thinking while losing the weight. All the other programs I have been on took a lot of will power to follow and lose weight and I felt deprived. Calorie counting, I donít even feel like I am using an ounce of will power and I never feel deprived. I probably eat some things I should but I donít eat them every day, keep it at one serving and chose the healthy form available. What this has done for me is I never feel deprived and I donít cheat. All my sense are happy and I have found that a true serving sizes is satisfying. What I have discovered that after a certain point in eating the taste of the food starts to lose its intensity and it just starts becoming something going into my mouth. The WOW is gone and I am just eating for the sake of eating. When I eat just one serving of something my taste buds go WOW and I stop before it loses its value. It is hard and that is why I buy single serving sizes on things I used to over eat on but I am now getting used to stopping before I am eating just to eat.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #692  

Default My Stinking Thinking

HERE IS MY STINKING THINKING THAT I AM GOING TO WORK ON NOW THAT I DON'T HAVE TO SPEND SO MUCH TIME OBSESSING ABOUT FOOD:

I have a problem with leftovers and throwing away food. Its usually just DD and I most of the time and a lot of products I buy are 3 - 4 servings, like the couscous I am making tonight. So, I either eat it because I donít want to dump it out or I end up putting it in a little storage container and let it start growing and then throw it away. DD and I donít like leftovers and I just need to face that fact. I donít like eating the same thing more than once a week when it comes to my main meals. Snacks yes, main meals no. Sometimes it hard to face facts and do what you have been trained all your life not to do and that is dump that extra serving out.

Even though I am losing I caught myself in some bad thinking and eating. Last night I ate more than I should just because I wanted to and I would fall within my calorie goals. I ate a whopping 5 oz of meat and two serving of All-Bran cereal w/coolwhip (love this Bobbi, thanks for sharing). I have no idea why I did this and know that it was wrong and will continue to work on this stinking thinking. So, today I have dinner mapped out in advanced and printed it off and I am going to stick with it.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #693  

WoodLily ~ It is some very sound advise that Littlered gave you. I couldnít figure out why I was so gassy, until just now. I started to eat healthier carbs and was blaming it on the sugar alcohols in some of things I was eating but now that I look back it was probably a combo of sugar alcohols and fiber.

Theresa ~ You crack me up, I love the gas posts. HAHAHAHAHA! That is fantastic that your family is getting involved. I so want my DDís to do it with me but they donít seem interested at this time.

Justme ~ My eyes used to be that bad. I used to make sure I put my glasses in the same place very night so I could find them in the morning. If I put them somewhere else, I have to have my DH or DDís find them. I eye surgery to correct my vision, the one I had, excuse the spelling, was called radiocaritometry (how it sounds but not how its spelled). Worked fantastic for me but that is not always the case according to my regular eye doctor.

Abbynormal ~ Welcome to our group. This is a wonderful group and full of helpful information and support. I havenít been here long but I couldnít do it without these wonderful people.

Rockinrobin ~ I eat every two Ė three hours. This also keeps me good like you said because I know in two Ė three hours I will be eating something yummy. I have really upped my veggies to help keep me full longer. I like to mix tomatoes, celery, bell pepper and onions together and put a little dressing on. I am picky on my dressing so I use the real thing and just 1 tablespoon which is more than enough.

Well I am off for now and talk to you all later.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:22 AM   #694  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

GrammyL:

Maybe you can just freeze half of it right up front? That way you can have it in a few weeks when you're not sick of it anymore!
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:25 AM   #695  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

GrammyL: The really SCARY thing about my vision....is I JUST got contacts about 6-7 weeks ago...before that I had a pair of taped up glasses I ONLY wore driving OUT of town or watching tv at night....All other times I walked around half blind...My eye doctor just about freaked when I told him....LOL Its been quite a few years since I had an exam, my glasses were way too weak....Anyways, now that I've been wearing contacts, I notice how bad I am without it...before that I knew I couldn't see good but didn't realize how bad it really was!! I CAN SEE THE WORLD AGAIN!!!

Rockinrobin: I am SOOOOO impressed with your 110lbs lost!! Its gives me the motivation to keep on going...I've been SOOOO hungry lately and hit a plateau and even though I've been pretty good with diet and excercise I'm feeling a little unmotivated lately...(probably just the PMS talking...)
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #696  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I find that if I plan my meals ahead and write it down ,as I
eat my meals I check off what
I have eaten .This keeps me from eating the same thing twice or forgetting something.,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #697  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I find that if I plan my meals ahead and write it down ,as I
eat my meals I check off what
I have eaten .This keeps me from eating the same thing twice or forgetting something.,
Maybe I'll do that for the next couple weeks, see if I can break this plateau... then I wont be staring at the freezer trying to decide on something last minute
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #698  

OK, now I am made at myself. I keep seeing posts about Flat Out and have never really looked for it seriously in the store and when I was reading the Fiber Fanatics I decided I have to try them. So I called our new Super Walmart, still haven't been their out of fear, not a crowd person and they have them. Then I noticed that they said Kroger carries them so I called our local Krogers store and sure enough they have them. I am going tonight and searching for them or asking for help to find them. My student even raves about how good they are. Going to look for some recipes on their website.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:52 PM   #699  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme33 View Post
Maybe I'll do that for the next couple weeks, see if I can break this plateau... then I wont be staring at the freezer trying to decide on something last minute

Thats how I doing too... I even plan my breakfast the night before. Then I just can get up and eat it without any worrys. I enter it the night before too.

I agree about freezing the extra food. Thats what I do sometimes.
Mostly I try to make enough for dd and myself to have 1 meal. Unless I am making up my chicken tacos or chicken salad. Then its twice that.
I make my Chicken tacos just like meat tacos. I even grind it up the same. Its real good. low fat cheese and shells and your talking yummmy! makes a good chicken taco salad too.

Chicken also makes real good enchilada. I cut up my baked enchiladas and put on a bed of lettuce and tomatoes, top with salsa. mmmm. My dd loves this.
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #700  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Yestardays calories: 1402

Fat 28%
40g fiber

My fiber is a little lower than I've been aiming for, but it's still pretty good I think. We went out for dinner last night due to my pms laziness. My meal was heavier on protein vs fiber, so I think that's why it was low. Still not too bad though.

Speaking of fiber, I finally found a high fiber cereal to try. It's called Uncle Sam, it has 10g of fiber per serving and less than 1g of sugar. I would try Fiber One, but I don't like sweetened cereal (yes I'm weird.) I had it with soymilk and blueberries this morning and it was tasty! I guess it's been around for 100 years or something like that. I found it at the local health food store.

Abbynormal~ I get the muchies sometimes too. I try to keep low calorie snacks around so that I don't feel bad about snacking when the need arises. My favorites are popcorn, baby carrots (which I share with my chihuahua), rye crackers with light cheddar, apples, mandarin oranges (fresh), and meringue cookies (from Trader joe's.) Oh, and sometimes, nothing satifies except a few small squares of pure dark chocolate!

Justme~I love lentils too! I like to throw a bunch of fresh spinach in my lentil soup to help up the calcium, iron, and fiber. I also like to make a cold salad with cooked lentils and pearl barley (just add your favorite veggies and low cal dressing.)

Woodlily~Littlered is right. Drink lots of water with your fiber! Personally, I haven't had any problems with upping my fiber a bit, but since I've always eaten lots of veggies and beans I probably wasn't upping it as much as other might be. I don't know, I only recently started keeping track thanks to Bobbi. I do know that since trying to up my fiber that my DH has had more gas (he eats what I make, so...) Poor man, I keep telling him to drink more water.

Littlered~Congrats on getting your family to join in! My DH has been talking about tracking stuff on fitday for himself. He's along for the ride, but he has lost more than me without hardly trying. Except now he's hit a plateau, so he wants to really "try." Lol, it's so frustrating sometimes how easy it is for him. I guess I shouldn't complain (he does have more to lose than me.)

Have a good day everyone!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:03 PM   #701  

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

8 Oz. chopped chicken
1 cup chopped peppers, red and green
2 cups favorite salsa
1 cup low fat cheddar cheese
8 corn tortillas (6 in.)
½ pack of taco seasoning

Heat oven to 400 degrees F

Cook chicken and peppers till meat is done. Add 1 cup salsa and Taco seasoning. Simmer 3-4 min. till peppers are tender.

Remove from heat. Add ½ cup cheese.
Spread ¼ cup of remaining salsa on bottom of 13 X9 pan.
Warm tortillas between damp paper towels.
Spoon 1/3 cup mixture onto tortillas, spread down the center leant wise. Roll and put into pan, seem side down.

Repeat with all the shells. Spoon remaining salsa on the top and bake. 20 min. covered.

Remove from oven, and put other ½ cup cheese. Bake 2-3 more minutes.

The original calls for beef.
Calories with beef is 340 each.
With chicken I figured calories at about 245. Much healthier than beef.

welcome Abbynormal.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:39 PM   #702  

S/C/G: 288/288/135

Height: 5*5

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! It's rainy here in Chicagoland. I've been making only enough food for DF and I. It seems to be helping!
Abbynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:22 PM   #703  

here is a link for those that want something like fitday on their own pc. free.
Food File is a free food database and calorie counter for 1000s of food products.

Kelpiesoft Food File is for anyone who is interested in what they eat, but is particularly useful for those following a diet for health or weight loss reasons. Searching the database is as simple as typing in the food you are looking for - the software will display a list of matching foods as quickly as you type. You can also refine the search by selecting one or more of the 24 food categories.

http://www.kelpiesoft.com/applib/foodfile/

here is a website with a free program to copy your recipes into.

http://www.recipeship.com/download.asp

Recipes Ship is easy to use recipe software that allows you to collect, exchange and organize your recipes and much more. Print out cookbooks, create web pages! Large free databases totaling over 600+ recipes available to download. Simple, cheap, functional recipe manager software.

I was just checking it out. You can go to their website, and use the copy, paste ablilty to put into the software on your pc. I would think you could then use it to keep your other info, such as cal, etc. just paste that in too.

looks pretty easy so far.

Last edited by littlered; 03-28-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #704  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

S/C/G: +24/+12.6/0

Congratulations on the 110, Robyn!!!! Wow!

Thanks for the recipe Justme33. It printed it off. mmmm!

Lara, lots of interesting thoughts here. I also feel like it gets easier and food becomes less of an issue after a while. But the scary part for me is after I reach my goal, or get very close to my goal. I can very easily slowly slip back into my food addiction. The last few years, just as I start gaining slightly, I get pregnant again. This time I dodn't want to get pregnant again, so won't have that excuse. Its going to be a constant battle to keep myself in check, I think.

Todays cals: 1705.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 03-29-2007 at 12:15 AM.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #705  

here is todays numbers for wednesday

Total:
Cal: 1494
Fat: 17%
Carbs: 57%
Fiber: 53
Protein: 26%

Have a nice evening.