Old 03-31-2007, 12:30 PM   #766  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Justme -- WAY TO GO on losing 33 pounds! Wow! Keep up all the great work!!!

Hey Claudia -- I've been wondering where you've been hiding. Good luck getting back in the groove this weekend. I know you can do it. We are about the same age (I believe you said 38? I just turned 39) and about the same weight (although I don't have a baby!), so I'm rooting for you. It took me a really long time to break through the low 140s and when I went below 140 (to 139.75), it felt like a major accomplishment. My body seemed to want to stay at 142-144 too. Anyway, have a healthy weekend, girl!

Theresa -- Great news that you're able to now come off some of your meds! Your eating seems so healthy now, I would be surprised if your cholesterol is NOT down.

Lara -- Beautiful horses! I can't remember if I already commented or not. And your roses are gorgeous as well. DH and I are on spring break this week (how incredibly divine is that?), so getting the garden in and some flowers is a priority. Seeing your roses is a little bit of inspiration on that front. BTW, Tasty Kakes (Butterscotch Krimpetts in particular) were my mother's vice when I was young (along with Krispy Kremes). My mom is quite healthy and has always been at a relatively good weight (and still is), but she used to buy those butterscotch krimpets and hide them for herself. If we found out she had any, we would beg for one and she would give in. Man, they are TOO good. And... what's the latest scoop with your pesky neigbhor? I know you feel bad... I would too. But, I think you might need to tell her directly you don't feel you get a work out with her when you walk. Sounds like she sucks at you for your time, and life is too short to spend being drained by someone you don't really even like. Having said that, I know you want to me nice to her.

Bobbi and Robin-- I'm munching some dry FIBER ONE now... just wanted to give ya'll another shout out of THANKS for turning me onto to it. I firmly believe the fiber is what got me to get below the 140 mark! We all seem to be fiber die hards here now... I still say I need to figure out how to get some stock in that company.

Zenor -- Again, my thoughts are with you. I know this is a hard time for you... take care of yourself.

A big HELLO to everyone else here at the calorie thread (last one for March?)... have an excellent weekend all!

walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:32 PM   #767  

S/C/G: 288/288/135

Height: 5*5

Weekends are tough I agree! I got up early this morning and took a mile walk. It felt really good to get moving! I always find that once I workout I have feel like a want to stick the eating healthy more. Have a good one Guys!
Abbynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:13 PM   #768  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Last night was tough to stay on track, but I resisted the urge to eat. I entertained two different visitors from 2pm until 10pm (to see my new baby), and after they left I realized how much I wanted to eat just to relax. I guess, food is like alcohol for me. But, my calories were all used up for the day, so I just had a diet drink and went to bed.

I really want to make my 180 goal! so that keeps me motivated.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:57 PM   #769  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Littlered~ on the jean victory!!! I think clothing victories are more fun than scale victories (at least for me. ) Also, congrats on starting to ween off of medication! I used to take quite a few meds (for various reasons) and I was so happy when I was finally able to stop taking most of them. It felt free-ing!

Justme~ I don't weight myself on my one bloat day during my TOM. I retain so much water that I figure it just won't be accurate. So, I wouldn't worry about it. And congrats on being at the half way mark.

CoolMom~Good job on resisting the urge! Keep up the good work!

Thankyou Walking2lose, Bobbolink, GrammyL, and everyone else for your support! You guys are great! I'm feeling a lot better today.

In fact, I'm treating myself today. When I first started I felt like I needed a treat to look forward to (non-food treat.) So I decided that once I was under 200lbs I'd get my nose re-pierced (I had to take it out a few years ago for a job.) I've never gotten around to it, so I'm going to do it today.

Everyone have a great weekend!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:53 PM   #770  

Cool Zenor!!!

Dh found me a 50% coupon for Lane Bryant, and I'm going to go buy the next two sizes down in jeans. Gosh, I've only had the 18s for a couple weeks and am already tugging them up. Baby weight is funny that way. It can shift and settle for the first few weeks, and I have no idea what size I'll be.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #771  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

what do you do with the clothes you dont fit into anymore?? I just put an auction up for 2 shorts in sizes too large for me but dont feel like listing the jeans.... Do you just give them away or keep them "Just in case"??? I just bought a bunch of jeans, capris and shorts in 10s MOST fit a couple were a bit snug. I found these really cute old navy jeans I got on ebay...I LOVE that the pockets in front...(little pockets with botton snap closure)...its perfect to hold in that c-section baby bulge that will probably NEVER go away...very flattering!!

OK too much coffee too little food today (been working online) I gotta go have an early dinner late lunch.... I think I'm done for now....I always do extra work when the kids go to their dad's. NEXT weekend is MINE!! I think I'm gonna run out to Walmart tonight or tomorrow before they get home to get the easter basket stuff!! SAt we also are going to the circus!!! YEAH!! Ringling Bros. Barnum and Bailey An upside down world...I bought VIP POD tickets!! right up front!! I'm also taking my nephew along!!
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:04 PM   #772  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme33 View Post
what do you do with the clothes you dont fit into anymore?? I just put an auction up for 2 shorts in sizes too large for me but dont feel like listing the jeans.... Do you just give them away or keep them "Just in case"??? I just bought a bunch of jeans, capris and shorts in 10s MOST fit a couple were a bit snug. I found these really cute old navy jeans I got on ebay...I LOVE that the pockets in front...(little pockets with botton snap closure)...its perfect to hold in that c-section baby bulge that will probably NEVER go away...very flattering!!
I'm going to go through my clothes this weekend and "donate" the too large ones to some friends of mine. Whatever they don't want I'll take to the thrift store.

I love old navy too! They have $5 shipping online too (which is so nice.)
Old 03-31-2007, 09:04 PM   #773  

Well, I still have a gazzillion sizes in my closet, and really need to clean up. I'll probably just give 'em to Goodwill, or separate and list them on Freecycle. I find that, even if I save them for when they will fit again (smaller sizes, I mean), they are no longer as cool as they were when I bought them. Plus, my reward for losing weight is a few new clothes.

Once I'm below 14, I'm gonna miss these Lane Bryant prices! Geesh, the jeans are so much cheaper! And I really like the relaxed fit of the shirts. If only they could carry the smaller sizes too. LOL

cals today 1720

Last edited by CoolMom75; 04-01-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #774  
Starting Over Again!

S/C/G: 185/119/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile since I last visited. I'm starting back over again using the tried and proven system of counting each and every calorie I eat. It sometimes seems time consuming especially when I have to look up several ingredients of find the counts of a restaurant dish but it has always worked in the past. I'm doing something a little different this time by starting with 1200 calories each day and then subtracting calories as I go throughout the day, always sub-totaling so I know where I am. Actually, that has been helpful because I know what I've got left to work with. Any unused calories each day I add to my "bank" to be used some other time if needed. We'll see how this goes...so far I've banked a few calories each day. Some days I'm so hungry that I don't think I can stand it but then others, I seem to manage through. Nice to be back on 3Chicks!!
GeorgiaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:09 PM   #775  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/130

Height: 5 ft.

hi Georgialady.
this is a great site for support and info. stick around.
You might want to look up how many calories to start at.
Some of the women here can tell you more. From what I have been told, the 1200 seems low to start.
We are about the same weight, I try to get 15-1600. most times its about 1500.

I hope everyone is feeling better tonight. if not... get lots of hugs
and some sleep. and know we are here to listen.

Justme,
How long did it take to loose all your weight? You should be proud of your hard work.
When I get small enough to buy clothes. I will donate my clothes to Goodwill. They are in decent shape. but not enough to sell on ebay.

Claire,
You are just a young one at 39. Trade you I turn 50 this year. (its OK. bothers my kids. not me )

Cant wait to break the 140'pounds. Such a lonnng way to go.

Zenor,
I start weening my hormones in the morning. I plan to take about 3 months. One down. a few more to go.
I Will stay on my Boniva. and Maybe my arthritis meds. Its amazing what being overweight can do to a body.

my counts for today. I had a hard time today. I was just hungry!
so much for trying to save some for Sunday.

Cal: 1530
Fat: 24%
Carbs: 51%
Fiber: 44
Protein: 24%
littlered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:40 AM   #776  

Calories for today 1465

Fat 31%

Fiber 42 grams

Everyone have a good evening and I'll see you on the April thread.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #777  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

Calories for today: BACK ON TRACK!! a bit low 1150....

littlered: 33 lbs took me about 4 months(ish) I started to watch what I was eating around Thanksgiving, but got REALLY serious about it around Christmas. Most of it was lost between Christmas and end of Feb. March I only lost 6 lbs!! But I guess I will know exactly when I weigh in when I wake up!! I've also been slacking off on cardio!! AHHHHHH APRIL will be better....but I'll be happy with 5-6lbs lost each month....I'll get to goal eventually its not that far away!!

Thats what I was doing all day...going through my closet! Threw in the trash a bunch of shirts that should have been tossed a long time ago...made a pile to give away and a pile to see if my mom wanted. While I was doing that I found 2 capri jeans I was looking everywhere for!! I knew I had smaller sizes from before I quit smoking....I found some of them before and found the rest today!! YEAH!!

CoolMom75: SHIRTS!! YES!! I absolutely HATE that so many stores sell these tight little shirts. I prefer a relaxed fit...I'm a bit top heavy and I dont know but I'm a bit modest about flaughting the girls...LOL I mean I should really proudly show them off, but I just can't!!! I should work on that...I have a problem with hiding under baggy clothes..

Night NIght everyone...
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:10 AM   #778  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Sunday Morning Everyone!
I'm not proud of yesterday's menu, it was very balanced but not very high in calories. I was too busy on the computer to eat. Now I'm going to admit my deep, dark secret. I'm a card/game junkie! I could spend hours on the computer playing Scrabble, Hearts, Spider Solitaire, you name it. DH and I used to belong to a mixed couples card club where we played 500. That is my all time favorite card game and I always, always won high prize since I'm such a genius at the game. Anyway, I was always frustrated that you couldn't find a computer game on 500. I found one yesterday, down loaded it and DH didn't see me for the rest of the day. Kind of pathetic, huh? That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
Yes Aphil, I'll eat more today!
Calories... 915 (I forced a bag of popcorn down before bed, that helped up the calories)
Fiber... 49 grams
Mami... Wow, sexy picture! You must not have weighed much on that pic.
Theresa...
Quote:
Bobby,
is that peach/pineapple salsa homemade? sounds Yummy.
how do you make it? and those pork chops sound pretty darn good too.
It's not homemade, I purchased it at Wal*Mart. The label on it is World Classics trading company. "Peach & Pineapple Southwestern-style salsa." One serving (2 Tablespoons) is only 15 calories.

I took myself off of my estrogen patch cold turkey. When DH retired I decided we didn't need that extra expense plus my SIL was always harping on me about how bad they were. My night sweats were very, very light and lasted about a week. I would get an occasional one after supper while watching t.v. but they were light. I kept a fan by the couch and a couple of waves with the fan and "Poof" they were gone.
Grammy... I love seeing your horses, reminds me of my childhood. I grew up riding horses, we couldn't afford them but all my friends had them. I used to ride bike (4-5 miles on a gravel road)out to a family that had many horses and Mrs. Whelan was thankful that someone would ride them. I must say some of them were pretty frisky but I managed to stay on. One time one of them played possum on me. I was scared to death, thought I'd rode him too hard and killed him. (He was laying on the ground with his eyes closed, didn't move) I called Mrs. Whelan and she drove over, took one look at him and said, Oh, he's just playing possum. She gave him a swift kick and he jumped up like nothing was wrong. That was a childhood adventure I won't forget, I never rode that horse again either.
JustMe... Do you ever put flavored milk in your coffee. I can't remember who won't use Splenda on this site but they make little individual packets just for coffee. I'm a huge coffee drinker but I prefer it black. I've tried the chocolate, Hazelnut and Vanilla packets and it makes a nice treat occassionaly. Congratulations on the lost 33 pounds, good job!
Claire...
Quote:
Bobbi and Robin-- I'm munching some dry FIBER ONE now... just wanted to give ya'll another shout out of THANKS for turning me onto to it. I firmly believe the fiber is what got me to get below the 140 mark! We all seem to be fiber die hards here now... I still say I need to figure out how to get some stock in that company.

Amen! It sure helped me lose the last few pounds. I think Fiber One should give us all some free stuff for upping their sales.
Abby... I think we've all noticed re-newed energy after exercising, the problem I used to have was getting started. But since DH and I joined the Fitness club it hasn't been a problem. BlueCross/BlueShield pays for most of it, but we have to log in 12 times a month or they won't pay. Money is always a good motivator!
Zenor...
Quote:
I think clothing victories are more fun than scale victories (at least for me. )
I totally agree, nothing feels better than having your little black coctail dress slip smoothly over your hips! Great fiber yesterday, 42 grams.

CoolMom... I'm curious, how many hens are laying now? How many eggs are you getting daily? In the summer we get over 40 eggs a week out of our 6 hens. That's a lot of eggs for two people but we give away what we can't use.
Georgialady... Welcome back! Have you tried using Fitday? That's very helpful and keeps a running total of calories too. You can access it from your office.
I see time is slipping away, I need to go shower and get ready for church. Hi everyone I missed, see ya tomorrow.
Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #779  
Lifetime Loser

Bobbi, I have a question about the fiber one. Do you all just munch on it dry during the day? I missed the post about it.

Thanks for the info.

Forgot to count yesterday!!!! Busy cleaning house....must have used some calories!!!!!!!

Phyllis
floridarusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #780  

Justme...You should see the "XL" baby T I just got in the mail, with the portland backyard chicken farmer's logo. Seriously, I'm not that huge on top, but this XL t shirt is so tight on me, it looks like I'm trying to wear a child's shirt. LOL I'll try it on again in about 50 pounds.

Bobbi...We've gotten a total of 4 eggs so far. The chickens are just about 6 months old, and first we got one egg every other day (for two eggs), and yesterday we got two more eggs in the same morning. So, I guess two chickens are laying now! Its like Easter every day, going out to check.