The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-10-2006, 05:38 AM   #316  

Hey guys

Well i agree with all of you, everyone is different and what works for one may not work for the other. So as long as your happy with what your doing and its different from before then your doing fabolous!!

Ok i attempted Day 2 of Week 1 of Jillians workout, I have to say it was a killer, my entire body is aching i am very grateful it is rest day tomorrow.I'm in pain when i sit down, i'm in pain when i get up, I have muscles i never knew existed. I sweated like a pig

Oh and your right chick in teh hat, everyone was staring at me at the gym, there all takign there time while i'm running around like a headless chook.

Crazy stuff but guaranteed i am sweating way more then them

Have a great workout guys

cs
Old 01-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #317  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey caroldiem - give them one of these...

As long as you rack your weights and wipe the sweat off of where you have been (and don't step on anyone directly ) - they should have nothing to cry about. When they start watching the results they will be asking what plan are you using...
Old 01-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #318  

Smile Another Newbie!!!

Hello Everyone,
I am really excited to be here . I just got Jillian's book on Sunday and I am currently waiting for my DVD set to arrive - hopefully tommorrow!!

I was just wondering if any of you could share how long some of you have been on Jillians program and share some results. I have so much to catch up on the threads - so please forgive me if you have already done this.
This week I am trying to get used to the calorie counting and just getting my meals planned, so that I can start next week.

I realize now, that I do not do ENOUGH in terms of exercise, and I truly believe that this will help me.

Thanks for listening - reading - I look forward to sharing with you all too.

Helen
Old 01-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #319  

Default Way to go!!

Shaunarae2, that is so amazing!!! 5lbs already - you are doing so awesome!!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #320  

Hi tyneebutt!

I finally ordered the DVD set myself today - (I need something to work on on vacation in Mexico)
I'm in week 11 of the workouts in the book. I'm a balanced oxidizer - since I started the workouts I've lost 7 lbs. I know - it's pretty slow - but I need to eat a lot cleaner to see faster results. I did manage to break a 3 month plateau...
Old 01-10-2006, 07:28 PM   #321  

Chick in the hat, thank you so much for your warm - and very pretty - welcome. Hey, 7lbs is infact, 7lbs!!! The fact you have broken through your 3 month plateau is awesome!!

I too, or so I think, am a balanced oxidiser, here are my test numbers:

A=18, B=8, C=20.

Now, I assumed I am because both A & C are higher than B. But, what throws me for a loop is that A and C are so close. Am I right assumming I am a balanced oxidiser? Help?!

Anyways, sorry about the rambling. I am happy to hear you ARE seeing results and keeping with the intense workouts - That is so Awesome!!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #322  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi tyneebutt, welcome from me too! Good to have you on board. My weightloss since I started is sporadic because of Christmas and I have had to relose some lbs. due to some holiday splurging. But, I am losing and will be better able to give you an answer later. I have lost all the Christmas lbs. pretty fast though. Before Christmas I honest to god was losing 2 lbs. a week, more like 7 this week, but water weight I am sure. Other than Christmas my diet is pretty clean.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:56 PM   #323  

ledom, wow those results sound amazing!!

I am so happy I am doing this. I am one of those slow "losers" - if you know what I mean, and I find the only thing that REALLY works for me is LITERALLY working my butt OFF!!! lol I am now HOPEFULL!!

As you are continuing your journey, I'd be really happy to hear how you are progressing.

Here's to the journey!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #324  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyneebutt
I am so happy I am doing this. I am one of those slow "losers" - if you know what I mean, and I find the only thing that REALLY works for me is LITERALLY working my butt OFF!!! lol I am now HOPEFULL!!
You are definately in the right place. Jillian will work your butt off. I'm jonesing for my fix tomorrow night with Couples Biggest Loser.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #325  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

woohooo....howdy all you LOSERS!!! yeah, the special edition is on tonight!!! Bravo ran the couples edition again last night so I watched it in full. I hadn't realized that last weeks show was a 2 hr one. I'm hoping tonights 'engaged couples' is also a 2 hr show. Check it out just in case, last week my tv guide had it misprinted.

tyneebutt !!! These girls are really good to pick their brains. A good group here.

Caroldiem....hehe...week 1 day 2? you haven't seen anything yet... Keep at it. And just when the pain stops? a new muscle pain will start up. I am sooo much better for it though, I am still on week 7 but getting through it.

hi chick and smart butt. Glad to see you're still doing so well !!!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:41 PM   #326  

Hi tyneebutt! Nice to see another member of the Butt family onboard! hahaha

My exercise is going ok, my weight loss is so good that my ticker below is nearly accurate again! hehehehe

I didn't work out last night because I felt this really weird tension all over my body. I haven't worked out this hard in at least 2 years, so perhaps my body is just wondering what the **** is going on. I decided just to lay down since it almost felt like a migraine was coming on. I feel much better today, and my BF and I plan to do cardio while watching Biggest Loser tonight, woo!
Old 01-11-2006, 01:57 PM   #327  

chick in the hat - I totally agree I am in the right place - YOU ALL ROCK!!

Angeleyes - I thank you so much for your warm welcome, and I am happy that I can ask you all for your expertise.

SmartButt - I am so happy to meet you too!! LOL Thank you

I am really excited to be here and I really hope I can be a source of encourgement to all you fine forum members here!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #328  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Well, I'm back. I was claiming week 10 last week but actually it was week 9. So, week 10/day 1 finished. I felt like I was 90%, remnants of my cold didn't effect the workout too much. I gave it my all on the strength and toned down cardio just a bit. Good to be back in the game.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #329  

hi all

I am going to post here I posted on the jillian dvd board but need a place topostr my daily exercise and pick brains! lol Sartbutt said it was good to post here, so i am here,lol

I did backside today and frontside yesterday my plan is to do them at least 2 xs each per week I am also doing abot an hour of cardio a day

what does she say in her book about cardio? how many days etc? I need to get this book I think
Old 01-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #330  

I just did Week 3 day 2 (backside) circuit. So far, I think week 3 is easier than week 1 and 2. Maybe because you only do 2 reps instead of 3. There is a lot of added cardio on this week.

bbbabe- In the book, Jillian only has you do cardio once a week for 60 minutes at 80-85% maximum heart rate.