The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-18-2005, 09:51 AM   #226  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Jules I am doing the workout from the book and for that I need weight equipment (home gym in my case), I don't know about the DVD workout. Also, on the lunges, squats, etc., there are a lot in the book workout not sure about the DVD.

Results, excellent. This workout has helped me lose average 1.5 lbs. a week and noticable strength and endurance gains.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:59 AM   #227  
Chick

Got my workout done - back on the road.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:53 PM   #228  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Day 2 of week 8 done (I really like backwards lunges)...ready for a rest day tomorrow

Hi Jules!! Good to see another of the chicks on motorcycles over here! I think you could probably do some of this stuff from home if you had at least a small home gym...you would probalby have to do some substituting - but I am too, even with a gym. I think the main thing would be to be sure that the exercises you pick move the same basic muscle groups. (I'm also not too sure how much of it is bad for wonky knees...) The rest is keeping your heart rate up - that's mostly moving your butt..and feet...and arms...and everything else. I haven't checked out the dvd's yet...but there are a few chicks in here who have, I'm sure they'll post.

Welcome Kristen! Good for you!!

Emma's back! We missed you!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:47 AM   #229  
Chick

Day 2 / week 7 done. Still on my Christmas schedule I guess. I walked a mile and yoga last night after skipping day 2 yesterday. Felt great to finish this workout though. I earned a good honest sweat and I love my muscles.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:48 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

Question Your favorite / Most effective workout

Hey all!
Hope everyone is having fun with their workouts
I wanted to ask all of you what your top 5 favortied excersises were.
1-being your favorite and 5-your least favorite.
Also, if you have certain moves you use that give you great results for example if lunges help you tone your legs let me know Im looking for a way to spice up my routine so I can get over this plateau!
I have no clue as to what I should choose next so please give me your insight!

Thanks for all your support
Old 12-20-2005, 04:39 PM   #231  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenElizabeth
I wanted to ask all of you what your top 5 favortied excersises were.
1-being your favorite and 5-your least favorite.
Also, if you have certain moves you use that give you great results for example if lunges help you tone your legs let me know Im looking for a way to spice up my routine so I can get over this plateau!
I have no clue as to what I should choose next so please give me your insight!
Are you doing the workouts from the DVD or the book? Just curious -

I don't know that any specific move is going to do anything special all by itself (IMO)...I've read in a lot of places that there is no such thing as an exercise to fix a problem spot. For me the beauty of Jillian's plan in the book is that you do a lot of different exercises and change them frequently so that your body doesn't have a chance to get in a rut. Every new workout is a challenge...

As far as favorites...I like back extensions, concentration curls, oh heck lotsa stuff...but the book is in the car...

Stuff I don't like (even tho I know it's good for me ) - mountain climbers..I believe I have mentioned those before...
Old 12-20-2005, 05:50 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

Thanks Gina!
I have to get Jillians book and DVD's but I am only 14 and I have no money to spend w/out asking my parents so I am usually broke haha so I am probably getting them for Christmas. I hinted many many times that I wanted them from my parents so hopefully I will get them. I joined this thread to see how everyone liked them and I have heard the greatest stuff so I am going to get them even if I don't get them for x-mas I will buy them myself when I get money from my relatives.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:59 PM   #233  
Chick

Hey Kristen - I hope you get your book and DVD soon. It's good stuff. One of my favorites are the bench dips. You back up to the weight bench or a chair and put the heels of your hands on the edge facing forward. You lower your butt towards the floor and then push back up feeling the exercise in your triceps. When I first started I wasn't very good at these, but now I can do them great and don't even get very tired doing them.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:39 PM   #234  

Good for you, Kristen! A great place to learn about working out is right here at 3FC! Here is a link to the favorite exercise thread...there's tons of stuff in the Ladies who lift forum, here's a sticky with tons of links to other sites...you can do a lot of research without spending money on a book or dvd...

As for me - week 8 day 4 done...I'm kinda liking the step plyos...they grow on ya.. I made it to the gym early...way better if I get there and get the weight training out of the way before everyone gets in my way...(they seem to forget so easily that it's MY gym..)
Old 12-21-2005, 10:08 AM   #235  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Rest day for me. I'm trying to keep up on the daily workouts but the last few days, it seems I'm picking and choosing which ones to do. I know I should do them all, but lately I'm feeling a little tired and run down. Must be this time of year......I AM however, still running on the treadmill. So thats good. Hope everyone keeps at it. Have a good day!!!
Old 12-21-2005, 11:36 AM   #236  
Chick

rest day for me too angel-eyes - will finish up week 7 with the next 3 days though. I know what you mean, my workouts have been loopy this past week. After christmas I go back to work and the workouts must remain priority. Just trying to cruise through the next few days without causing major damage. I am already afraid to weigh and that is never a good sign so I am working to getting that back in order as well.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:56 PM   #237  
Chick

week 7/day 3 finisimo
Old 12-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #238  

I missed the gym last night - new floor going in at the moment....kitchen, bathroom and laundry room...so DH and I were moving appliances last night. Does that count? I'll count yesterday as the rest day I would have done today and hit the gym as soon as it looks like I can sneak out of here. Cardio tomorrow and I'll be back on track!
Old 12-23-2005, 01:08 PM   #239  
Chick

Gina, congrats on your new floor. You have to be able to modify in order to live your life, right?! Angel-eyes, keep up your good work.

I just finished the 4th workout of week 7. Tomorrow my friends and I are going hiking so I'll try to lead the pack in order to keep my heart rate up.

I am so disgusted with myself right now. I finally convinced myself to weigh today. It was so disappointing. I am hoping it is water weight and will go away fast. Will I never learn? There just are no free days, or if there are they must be just that, days not weeks. I'd say I have been very lax for the last two weeks. Anyway, I am glad I finally just weighed myself and got it over with. Very sobering and I am back to my daily weigh-ins now. I am so sorry the holidays ever got mixed up with rich food and drink! It just takes too much to resist! OK, rant over.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:48 PM   #240  

ledom......chalk it up to lesson learned and move on, girl...that would be a lesson I've learned quite a few times myself. No sense in beating yourself up over it. Enjoy your hike!!

I think I jinxed myself by saying I hadn't missed any days..

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, but I did manage to walk the dog...the floor is almost done...I went to a different gym today because I needed a shower as well as a workout... The women's gym I usually go to has no showers until they finish the renovations. The gym I went to had great showers, but I felt lost trying to find the machines I needed...I didn't get much of a workout except for 45 minutes on the ellypticaland like a half an hour workout (but most of it was wandering around)..back to the good gym tomorrow, I should have a shower at home by then...I'll start week 9 tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!!!!