The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #391  

I started week 5 today and it is a huge step up from weeks 3 & 4. I can already feel it in my legs. I'm loving the results though. A huge payoff!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:49 AM   #392  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Way to go Tracy and Tiny. Shaunarae, it just keeps getting better, doesn't it? I am addicted to these workouts, who woulda guessed?! Anyway, I just got day 1 of week 12 behind me.

Hey, don't forget there is a Biggest Loser on tonight!

Oh, and Gina - I miss you! Hope you are having a grand time though.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:00 AM   #393  

Hey Ladies!!!!

Well i think at the end of the day whatever works for you is what you should do. I know in my experience, I used to run and walk for 30mins, then work out on the bike and elliptical trainer @ 85% heart rate, i did no weight trainign though and i lost absolutely NO weight. But with my experience i have found doing Jillians fat burnign workouts is really building my muscle and the walking afterwards is just burnign fat and its working, plus i dont want to put pressure on my joints.But if running is workign for you then Go for it!!!
I still believe the bodybuilder i know is correct but she is more concerned about building muscle mass and having very low body fat %. Where as Jillian is more concentrated on burning fat not building muscle as such, it's all good in the end.

Whatever gets you to a more slimmer you

SmartButt you seem like one tough chick, goodluck seems like everyone here is doing very well
Old 01-26-2006, 11:53 AM   #394  
Chick

Day 2 of week 12 complete. I liked todays workout a lot.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:37 PM   #395  

Did the full frontal - maximize, and cardio kickbox combined. I was exhausted, but a "good" exhausted feeling.
Once again, I had that nausea, AGAIN and I nearly had to back away from exercise - I didn't start cleaning the toilet, but I did add a slice of ginger to my water - BOY did it make a difference!! I told myself that I GAVE MYSELF PERMISSION to do stop my workout if I felt nauseous - and thank goodness it let up.
I feel good and proud that I accomplished what I set out to do - workout for 60mins @ 85%MHR!!

carol - I agree, in that we ALL have to find what WORKS for us individually. Like Jillian said, we all do not fit into cookie cutter molds, or else we'd all be where we want to be. Do what works for you and you will get to your goal!! Keep up your awesome work!!

Go ledom go!! woohooo!!!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:39 AM   #396  
Chick

Tynee - what do you think is up with nausea? What time of day do you work out and do you eat something prior to working out? I haven't experienced that but I do know that the 5 min. warmup is vital to having a good workout. Do you do that? I must confess something I have been doing since starting back to work. This is in the name of saving a few minutes. I make my last circuit somewhat of a cooldown. Bringing the cardio segments way down. Perhaps I shouldn't admit to that, I am sure Jillian would have none of that. It's working for me right now though.

Just finished day 3 week 12. Will probably do cardio day tomorrow if it isn't raining outside.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:41 AM   #397  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

hehe.....So a week ago I bought the double dvd pack of Jillians front and backside dvd's. While browsing through Costco on Friday, I saw Jillians single dvd's on sale for only $8.99. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!!.....so I grab one (as if it was the last one....) and buy it. I re-bought EXACTLY the same 'front' dvd as I already had!!! haha...LOSER!!! So I will have to make the trek back to costco, and see if they still have the third dvd....haha...CRAZY HUH? I was soooo excited to see her dvd's there!!! I forgot which ones I had just bought!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:25 AM   #398  
Chick

Well, I did it! 12 weeks of Winning by Losing workouts. It feels like a great accomplishment. I couldn't be happier with the results either. Weight loss of at least 12 lbs. despite a vacation and winter holidays. Noticable difference, especially in lower body. Face looks slimmer and just a feeling of being toned and healthy. I plan to do it all over again. I will see how it feels to do week one again, I may or may not modify it I want to see how it feels before I make any changes.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #399  

Doing the happy dance for you ledmom. Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment. Please continue to post how you are doing starting the rotation over. I begin week 6 today and am very pleased with my results to date. I can't wait until I am finished with the 12 weeks. I'm having awesome changes and getting lots of compliments.

Shauna
Old 01-30-2006, 11:49 AM   #400  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

ledom.... WOOHOOO Wtg!!! That is awesome, I think you are the first person on this thread to actually finish!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:49 PM   #401  

Today I done week2/day1. My heart rate was staying up pretty well so I skipped the jumping jacks and jump rope, and done 20min on the Treadmil at the end.
Tracy
Old 01-30-2006, 07:39 PM   #402  
Chick

Thanks Shauna and Angel-eyes. It was well worth it and everyone just keep up the good work. Tomorrow is rest day and then right back at it.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #403  

yay ledom!!! congrats on your fine accomplishment
angel-eyes - you are just too cute that is so something I would find myself doing LOL

As for my nausea, I really don't know what is up with that!! I do my 5min warm up and I make sure to do the cool down and stretches. I make sure to give myself an hour in between my meal and workout - my meal is simply a salad, maybe a yogurt or half an apple, and some tuna. I honestly can't handle anything heavier prior to working out. Happily, I am shrinking, my jeans are fitting way better - i don't look so much like a stuffed sausage - LOL

I am PMSing so I won't be weighing in until after my period. I tend to retain alot, and I mean alot of water. I am starting to see defintion in my arms - I actually have biceps!!
Its funny, after my workout my legs are so red!! LOL Maybe that is why they're shrinking... hmmmmm.... LOL

The workouts on the dvd are tough but so far for me it is working. I am planning on doing the circuits in her book next week. I will fill you all in on how I do with them.

Keep up all your awesome work ladies!!
Old 01-31-2006, 05:21 AM   #404  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

I get nausea from doing sit ups, and thats on an empty stomach. It is getting better though.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:36 AM   #405  

I woke up with some serious DOMS today after doing week 6 frontside workout. Ow! Going to do the backside today. Glad mountain climbers are not on the schedule, but now I have to add planks today! Wish me luck!

Shauna