Old 06-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #316  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I have ordered a keeper. I am going to use that every day BUT the day of dread.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #317  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
iQuestion for moms of teen girls or those of you who were swimmers as teens. I know some girls can wear a tampon before losing virginity, some can't. How do you handle it with a 12 or 13 yo girl who swims year round?
The doctor can help if necessary. For most girls, it's more a matter of trial and error and feeling relaxed enough. My 12 year old is grossed out by the whole idea of a tampon, so she misses out on swimming during TOM.

Ladies, thanks for reminding me that there is one very huge benefit to having my surgery!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-11-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #318  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

You guys got me worried now. I have been tested positive for HPV about a year ago and they said that that can lead or does lead to cervical cancer. Hhhhmmmmmm............I think I need to get checked.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #319  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Morning all you sexed up losers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I'm 40 pounds down right on the dot this morning, very motivating. Now I can't wait to be 50 down.
That is AWESOME--congrats!!! I don't have the same problem with my "girls." At over 300 pounds, I've always only been a B cup. I hate to think how flat I would be at a healthy weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Ugh... I read UTI Haven't had any problems for 6 solid months now. But I used to get 2 a year on average. I wouldn't wish that pain & discomfort on anyone. It's a miserable, miserable thing.
Ugh, I used to get UTIs all the time when I was little. Never figured out why, but I sure grew to LOVE cranberry juice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
So does anyone have any tips on asking for a promotion/raise?
I'm afraid I'm not much help. When I get frustrated somewhere, I just start looking for a new job That would be why I'm on my 4th job in the 3.5 years I've been in this area. You're much more patient than me!

Wow, I make myself sound like a horrible job-hopper. All the job changes have been steps up--I went from a Technical Writer/Editor to a Proposal Writer to a Proposal Coordinator to my current role as Proposal Manager, and I took pay increases with each change. It's worked out very well for me so far, and I hope to see "Proposal Director" in the future!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freem06 View Post
I measured myself today and since Jan 1, 2008 at 8:00am I have lost...
That is so amazing! I don't even have a tape measure long enough to go around my stomach. I really should start measuring, though...I mean, just look at your inspiring results!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
Today I'm supposed to do hill training. I need to find me a hill. I hear they're helpful.
What, you can't just increase the resistance on your sidewalk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I am so excited about something I just read.....a team of researchers at the Yale University School of Medicine have developed a blood test for ovarian cancer...that is 99% percent accurate and can detect the cancer even in the earliest stages!
That is so amazing. For me and my 1 remaining ovary, that is fabulous news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
What do you all think about the tomato scare? We went to Olive Garden for lunch Monday and were told by our server that there woudl be no tomatoes. First I had heard of it at the time.
This hapened to us at Red Robin over the weekend. Our server said there would be no tomatoes or salsa due to the "tomato scare." First I'd heard of it. The way she said "tomato scare" really struck me. I looked at Jeff and asked, "Did I miss something? Was Attack of the Killer Tomatoes a documentary?"
Old 06-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #320  
Trying it again....

Amy-I signed my husband up for all classes. He NEEDS it.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #321  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
You guys got me worried now. I have been tested positive for HPV about a year ago and they said that that can lead or does lead to cervical cancer. Hhhhmmmmmm............I think I need to get checked.
Hey was doing a search and ya'lls thread popped up. I promise I wasn't spying for red

Just wanted to say that yes if you've tested positive for HPV you need to be going a minimum of once a year for your pap. I've dealt with it off/on since I was 18. It comes and goes with some paps turning out fine and some not so fine. The last time I had abnormal cells growing and opted to have an in-office procedure done to remove a small portion of my cervix. I don't want to scare you but just say keep an eye so to speak on it. With regular exams you should be able to catch anything before it gets worse.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #322  
Trying it again....

yeah, they were gonna do a biopsy in office but she put this vinegar thing on it and it didn't turn white so she didn't have to do it. I was so happy.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I have ordered a keeper. I am going to use that every day BUT the day of dread.
I have a Diva Cup and I it. I've been using it for about a year now and I'll never switch back. Once I got through the initial learning curve it was easy to use and I have way fewer leaks than with tampons. I also love that I can go up to 12 hours without worrying about it.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #324  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
The doctor can help if necessary. For most girls, it's more a matter of trial and error and feeling relaxed enough. My 12 year old is grossed out by the whole idea of a tampon, so she misses out on swimming during TOM.

Even with a hymen, most girls can still insert a tampon. I did not have one or had one that was very stretched when I started my period because of so many years of activity (no marrying royalty for me!) and I had no problem with using a tampon at 12. A little lube the first few times helps.

Also, having an older friend or cousin or something helps. I would have not been comfortable with my mom helping me, but my cousin basically said, "OH, get over it. here is what you do!"
Old 06-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #325  
Accepting who she is

http://plurk.com/redeemByURL?from_ui...1603461732&s=1
Old 06-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #326  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
I have a Diva Cup and I it. I've been using it for about a year now and I'll never switch back. Once I got through the initial learning curve it was easy to use and I have way fewer leaks than with tampons. I also love that I can go up to 12 hours without worrying about it.
Me too! I have been using mine for 3 years. I it beyond words Also the fact that you don't have to keep buying and buying and buying, and then adding to landfills all the disposable stuff. I find I don't have a single leaking problem ever anymore, and I used to leak like a faucet no matter what I did. (TMI? ) It took about 2 cycles to get used to it but I recommend it to ANY woman. Even teenagers/those with intact hymen can use it, as far as the company is concerned - though I admit I don't have first-hand experience with this.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #327  
Accepting who she is

I just think that on my one-day craziness, I will need something else. I have not heard one bad thing about them.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #328  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Diva Cup...Apparently I've been living on another planet I didn't even know it existed. for the info.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #329  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

The weather is sooooo nice out there today....not too hot, nice breeze...perfect for a jog!! I have an hour before I need to pick the kids up from school, so I think I will head out for some much needed exercise.
I seem to be low on motivation lately....finding anything else to do besides getting my butt in gear....not sure why!!!
I always feel so good afterwards....
Time to go before I spend it on the computer!!
check back later!!
Old 06-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #330  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I probably would not eat restaurant tomatoes, but from the store? Just wash them well, and I would be fine with it.
The only "safe" tomatoes are cherry, grape, and vine-ripened (sold with the vine still attached). The salmonella is getting inside the tomatoes via the vine scar and thus just washing them well at home does absolutely nothing to help.