Old 06-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #376  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Well,

I have been exercising for the last few days (since Tuesday through today), but no running on the Elliptical ... SO ... I will be doing a repeat of Week 6 even though I actually finished it, since I skipped a week.

Promise to self ... I will restart Week 6 of the C25K on Saturday morning.

Hope everyone is well!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #377  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariarose View Post
.....We've always (since high school!) had a very equal relationship, but since I moved up here to be near him, I've had a hard time meeting people etc and have become socially dependent on him. He is in law school and we just hang out with his law school friends mostly, if we do anything at all.....
Maria, sorry no lawyer DH so can't help you there. But totally relate with you on the socially dependent on DH part. Unfortunately, it's the same story on my end too. I don't have so many friends of my own here and I miss having that. I'm a loner most of the part and can entertain myself if the need be but sometimes I wish I had someone I could hang out with other than DH. I'm open for suggestions if anybody has one?

Maybe you can talk to your fiance about how it would make you happy if he could take out few hours to meet with your father when he's in town. Explain to him why you think it's important. Also maybe schedule a saturday out or something with your Fiance just the two of you and talk to him that you understand he's busy with his new job etc but you feel spending time together is imp as well...see how he reacts
Old 06-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #378  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Anjuli - did you programs it with your stats and go the resting heart rate test? how long do you work out for? If it's 1.5- 2 hours that's probably right on. Or if you're running. I avg 1000 cal for 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weight training - roughly 600/400. I do notice that my HRM figures the calories WAY lower than the machines though. I hear people getting off a machine and say how happy they are that they just burned 600 calories (or whatever) - most of the machines way over-estimate it. A BodyBugg is probably more accurate than a HRM though?

Gorgeous garden, Dora. The only reason we haven't made it yet is the price of gas! Besides, you're not harvesting yet!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #379  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
Anjuli - did you programs it with your stats and go the resting heart rate test? how long do you work out for? If it's 1.5- 2 hours that's probably right on. Or if you're running. I avg 1000 cal for 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weight training - roughly 600/400. I do notice that my HRM figures the calories WAY lower than the machines though. I hear people getting off a machine and say how happy they are that they just burned 600 calories (or whatever) - most of the machines way over-estimate it. A BodyBugg is probably more accurate than a HRM though?....
Well, my stats in there are correct. I double checked it yesterday. I treadmill for 60 mins - 65 mins usually and it tells me I've been in-zone for my HR for say 30 -50 mins depending on how long I exercise total. I've set my in-zone settings to Moderate which is like 131-149 HR. I don't run or jog but walk fast between 3.5 to 4.0 mph on the treadmill. The only thing I haven't done is the Resting HR which I know I should have done that the first time I got it. I read that if I exercise I have to wait at least 4 hours before I determine my RHR. The best time to do is first thing in the morning before you begin your daily chores. So I'll do it on Saturday (when I'm not rushing to get ready to go to work) and start again from there. I still have to upload my weekly exercise info to their website. I'm not going by how many calories I burned cuz honestly I don't think it's accurate. But it's keeping me going so I'm happy about that part
Old 06-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hi everyone, I have missed a lot of the thread.

Mariarose - I know how you feel. I moved to another country and I met my finance. There are a few reasons why I am sometimes dependent on my finance for my social life, 1) the language, when I arrived I couldn’t speak Spanish, even though I can now I missed the boat with some friendships because I just couldn’t communicate. 2) Many females my age in this small town already have families and it is a pretty macho culture so I never see women of my age when I go out. 3) When I meet people of a similar age and similar interests they are usually only here for a year. I have become good at distancing myself emotionally as these people always have to leave. The first few times I was very sad, now I have toughened up to it.

I know if we moved the UK it would be the reverse. Usually it isn’t a big deal but now and then it gets me down. Bless my Fiancé he really does try and make me happy but sometimes he isn’t very tactful, for example if I am feeling down about having limited friends, and we go to a bar and there is a woman there of a similar age, and similar interest it is like he starts pimping me out to them ‘Oh really, Dubh loves that as well, don’t you Dubh, Don’t you dubh’ It is like we are two children and our parents are pushing us together to go and play. It is pretty embarrassing, I know he just wants to make me happy, but please STOP!

Exercise – I didn’t do anything yesterday. My muscles are sore, I should have rested after paintball but I didn’t and now I am paying for it. I thought my legs would be fine today but they are still sore, I may have to give the gym a miss. I really don’t’ want to though! Thursdays are my ‘last chance training’ days as I weigh in on Fridays.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:58 AM   #381  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

[QUOTE=pintobean;2222974]Maria, I'm a loner most of the part and can entertain myself if the need be but sometimes I wish I had someone I could hang out with other than DH. I'm open for suggestions if anybody has one?

You sound just like me! Thanks for the perspective and the advice-- I really needed to hear that! Honestly, I feel a lot less like a freak knowing that I'm not alone feeling this way!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #382  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
You sound just like me! Thanks for the perspective and the advice-- I really needed to hear that! Honestly, I feel a lot less like a freak knowing that I'm not alone feeling this way!
Nah, you're not a freak far from it . Sometimes us girls need alone time or just girly time and even though we love our men we just want to hang out without them too. It's the same for men too.

Last edited by pintobean; 06-12-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #383  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubh View Post
‘Oh really, Dubh loves that as well, don’t you Dubh, Don’t you dubh’ It is like we are two children and our parents are pushing us together to go and play. It is pretty embarrassing, I know he just wants to make me happy, but please STOP!
That is too funny! My dad is a professor (in Atl) so he knows a lot of people my age, and he is always doing that to me-- but in the most embarassing ways!!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #384  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Maybe we should have a VA/DC/MD 3FC party!
Hint hint...chellez
Old 06-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #385  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

You guys would have to promise to take lots of pictures!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:48 PM   #386  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Waiting around is the story of my life right now!
It's probably just the pressure of a new job. Him being busy all the time and whatnot. He may not even realize that while you like his lawbuddies, you do want and need some friends of your own.

I'm a little worried about this when I move up to MA. I think I'll be trying to find some clubs or something cheesy to join to meet people. Never really been good with meeting friends anyway. Constantly feel awkward.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #387  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Maybe we should have a VA/DC/MD 3FC party!
Hint hint...chellez
In VA beach?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:05 PM   #388  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
I'm a little worried about this when I move up to MA. I think I'll be trying to find some clubs or something cheesy to join to meet people. Never really been good with meeting friends anyway. Constantly feel awkward.
It's tough! As of June 1st, we've been here in GA for 1 year. I still don't have a network of friends here...just good acquaintances. Part of the problem is that I work from home. I've let myself get isolated. The sad thing is that I'll pretty much talk to anybody anytime. I'm not shy at all. I just don't get out there.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #389  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
In VA beach?
Nah, too hot for beach and too far Maybe somewhere in the middle?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #390  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
Nah, too hot for beach and too far Maybe somewhere in the middle?
Come North. I'll host. I can guarantee it won't be too hot and there's a lake about an hour from my house!