Old 06-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #286  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning all you sexed up losers.

I don't which was hotter -- all the sex for 101 days straight talk or the peanut butter and banana talk. It's a tie I think. Maybe DH and I can't have sex while eating bananas with peanut butter a la the movie 9 1/2 Weeks. That could be fun.

I'm 40 pounds down right on the dot this morning, very motivating. Now I can't wait to be 50 down.

On a sad note, I bought a new bra yesterday in the same style as my old bras and I have gone from an overfull, stuff-those-puppies-in-there 38DD to a 36C. With 28 more pounds to go I can only hope they come off inmy gut not in my girls.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #287  
Made of Starstuff

Morning Everyone!

Ugh... I read UTI Haven't had any problems for 6 solid months now. But I used to get 2 a year on average. I wouldn't wish that pain & discomfort on anyone. It's a miserable, miserable thing. Thank all that is good and holy for the UTI OTC meds that dull the pain & urgency before I can get to a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
I am fighting one right now. I hate them!!! and i get them often!!!
I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!

I think I normally end up waiting 10 minutes to go pee... but now I can try to do it more on purpose.

Jill - You get mystery spots on your shirts, too?! There must be some sort of club somewhere... Best of luck with the NJ trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Back on Atkins in the morning.
Sucks that things still get to us... You've got the right attitude. Back to plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
On second thought.... I'm going to use it as the ship reward in the booty challenge too.
Oh yes! Please do use the ship! It's sooooo cute!!!! (Thanks Amy for posting it )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
I don't eat fatty foods. I don't eat processed foods. I drink a cup of water every hour. I enjoy my workout. Make it in the present tense. Your subconscious will register it and it will become fact.
That is a fantastic idea. I don't believe I've ever thought to do that! Positive affirmations!

---
I have my weigh-in tonight! I like my meetings, can't wait to go. ^_^

Hope you're all having wonderful days!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #288  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Morning all you sexed up losers.
Only here would I take that as a compliment I think!

Quote:
I'm 40 pounds down right on the dot this morning, very motivating.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #289  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
Josephine - WTG on the binge-free streak!! Oh, and I peeked at the pics of your legs on your blog. Holy hotness! I'm jealous of your buff and tanned legs.
Thanks for the nice comment on my legs, they feel all happy now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
We had gotten in a little fight over the weekend about going to Target. I wanted him to go with me to get a rug for under our kitchen table. He willingly went with me, but then he asked if I could drop him off at the book store while I went to Target.
When my DH and I went wedding ring shopping he lasted FIVE minutes in the jewelry store then asked if he could go into the computer game store. I had pictured this very romantic afternoon picking out our wedding rings and he just SO didn't care. We don't ever go shopping together, he's just not into it. I have carte blanche when it comes to decorating and furnishing the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
yeah, I am. i feel so much more sexier and livelier.
You look smoking hot in your new avatar! Way to go!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #290  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

jilly i just got this email.. my hubby is taking all the classes only room for 7 more .. better sign your up quick too lol they are all the same.. Hate what you buy but wont go look themselves.. I had to take video on my cell phone to show my hubby the furniture i was gonna buy for our family room.. lol before i could buy it .. i had to take photos of my car .. before i could buy that .. lol he didnt want to go to the shop.. lol ..
Gentleman

I send this to you hoping that someone can explain what it means!

Summer Classes for Men at
THE ADULT LEARNING CENTER

REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED

by Friday, August
17 th 2008
NOTE: DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF THEIR CONTENTS, CLASS SIZES WILL BE LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS MAXIMUM

Class 1

How To Fill Up The Ice Cube Trays--Step by Step, with Slide Presentation.

Meets 4 weeks, Monday and Wednesday for 2 hours beginning at
7:00 PM.

Class 2

The Toilet Paper Roll--Does It Change Itself? Round Table Discussion.

Meets 2 weeks, Saturday
12:00 for 2 hours.

Class 3

Is It Possible To Urinate Using The Technique Of Lifting The Seat and Avoiding The Floor, Walls and Nearby Bathtub?--Group Practice.

Meets 4 weeks, Saturday
10:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 4

Fundamental Differences Between The Laundry
Basket and The Floor--Pictures and Explanatory Graphics.
Meets Saturdays at
2:00 PM for 3 weeks.

Class 5

Dinner Dishes--Can They Levitate and Fly Into The Kitchen Sink?
Examples on Video.

Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning at
7:00 PM

Class 6

Loss Of Identity--Losing The Remote To Your Significant Other.

Help Line Support and Support Groups.

Meets 4 Weeks, Friday and Sunday
7:00 PM

Class 7

Learning How To Find Things--Starting With Looking In The Right Places And Not Turning The House Upside Down While Screaming. Open Forum

Monday at
8:00 PM, 2 hours.

Class 8

Health Watch--Bringing Her Flowers Is Not Harmful To Your Health.
Graphics and Audio Tapes.

Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 9

Real Men Ask For Directions When Lost--Real Life Testimonials.

Tuesdays at
6:00 PM Location to be determined

Class 10

Is It Genetically Impossible To Sit Quietly While She Parallel Parks?
Driving Simulations.

4 weeks, Saturday's
noon, 2 hours.

Class 11

Learning to Live--Basic Differences Between Mother and Wife.
Online Classes and role-playing

Tuesdays at
7:00 PM, location to be determined

Class 12

How to be the Ideal Shopping Companion
Relaxation Exercises, Meditation and Breathing Techniques.

Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning at
7:00 PM.

Class 13

How to Fight Cerebral Atrophy--Remembering Birthdays, Anniversaries and Other Important Dates and Calling When You're Going To Be Late.

Cerebral Shock Therapy Sessions and Full Lobotomies Offered.
Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at
7:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 14

The Stove/Oven--What It Is and How It Is Used. Live Demonstration.

Tuesdays at 6:00 PM, location to be determined.

Upon completion of any of the above courses, diplomas will be issued to the survivor.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #291  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Hi all, going to a business lunch with owner of company and customer, sort of nervous, already sweating and not even done with my hair yet, damn hair... takes 20 minutes to make it look... eh...
Old 06-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #292  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
i just got this email..
Old 06-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #293  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
jilly i just got this email...my hubby is taking all the classes only room for 7 more....

Priceless!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:44 AM   #294  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! No time to catch up w/ everyone right now...I have to get ready for a meeting. Just wanted to say hi and have a great day!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #295  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Hi all, going to a business lunch with owner of company and customer
Enjoy your lunch. I'm sure you look wonderful!

Quote:
jilly i just got this email..
Funny! I just signed up Hubby for class #8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Thanks for the nice comment on my legs, they feel all happy now!
Josephine! Talk about smoking hot. Your legs are gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
I woke up this morning with a sore throat I hate being sick.
Oh no...I hope you feel better quickly.

Quote:
Rhonda it must be hard not knowing what your job is doing.. didnt you move to that area becuase of that job??
Yeah, it's making me a bit stressed. We moved here because of the housing prices, the friendly people and the beautiful landscape. Since Hubby and I telecommute from home, we can work virtually anywhere that has internet access. Unfortunately, if we lose our jobs, we will probably have to find another job and commute into Atlanta. Ugghhhh...the traffice would be horrible! But, I'm not going to dwell on that. I've already started putting feelers out within my company for other positions. For now, I'm just going to do such an awesome job that I 'Wow' everyone so much that they just couldn't bear the thought of working without me! Dora, how's that for positive thinking? Pretty good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doragone View Post
- just - I do (don't do) it.
Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Back on Atkins in the morning.
How are you doing today? Back on Atkins? I understand how difficult it is to concentrate on things like dieting and exercising with everything else that is going on right now. Just keep reminding yourself that, although you can't control everything else going on around you, you can choose to be kind to yourself. Do this for you. You deserve it!

Today's plan: I need to begin establishing a daily routine that is based upon eating healthy and exercising. I find that getting organized and planning are crucial to my success. The first thing I will do each morning is plan my menu for the day and start my calorie tracking spreadsheet. Also, I need to start eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at approximately the same time each day and exercising at the same time each day. Someone remind me, how long does it take to build a new habit?

Have a great on-plan day!

GO BLUE!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-11-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #296  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas
Today's plan: I need to begin establishing a daily routine that is based upon eating healthy and exercising. I find that getting organized and planning are crucial to my success. The first thing I will do each morning is plan my menu for the day and start my calorie tracking spreadsheet. Also, I need to start eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at approximately the same time each day and exercising at the same time each day. Someone remind me, how long does it take to build a new habit?
Awesome plan. We could be twins, these are all things I do and they really help (I think!). And they become habit faster than you will believe! Go, girl, go!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-11-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #297  

Height: 5'7"

Josephine, I'll have you know I've been totally inspired by your rockin' legs... i got out on the road last night and jogged my little heart out, doubled the length of my usual route, and pushed myself just a little harder (I'm still not a great runner but I'm getting my endurance up, which is good). I hope this doesn't come off as creepy, just wanted to let you know I'm amongst the ranks of people who think you're doing an AMAZING job!

Well, I indulged in some real ice cream last night. Usually if I'm going to go for frozen treats I choose popcicles or frozen yogurt or frozen custard... all of which are somewhat less bad for you (I hesitate to say good for you...). Anyway, that 1c of real ice cream sure has thrown me off today. It must be all that sugar. I've got a headache this morning and I feel a little slower than usual. This almost always happens after some kind of sugar binge the night before... but the thing is, this was 1 measured cup of ice cream, no dozen doughnuts/half a sheet cake/box of danishes sugar binge. Interesting how our bodies' tolerances change like that. Looks like I have to be more careful with my indulgences, huh?

I'm looking forward to a good weigh-in this week... After almost two months of what feels like stagnation I think I'm on track to see a decent loss this week. I haven't stayed OP for this long in, well, about two months. So here's hoping I can post more than a 0.4 loss or a maintain!

So does anyone have any tips on asking for a promotion/raise? I'm getting to the point where I need to approach my boss about this. I was hired with the promise of promotion at 6 months. I talked to him at 6 months, he gave me reasons why they couldn't promote (company in upheaval, governance change), told me they were looking at "next time." It's been 13 months now since I've been in this job and still no word. My boss is kind of an avoider, so I don't think he'll approach me, I have to be proactive. I'm getting slightly frustrated, especially since I now have a graduate degree and am still sitting at the bottom of the food chain here (and the criteria for the next higher up position I'm gunning for is a graduate degree and/or one year of relevant work experience - I have a graduate degree AND one year of work experience IN the company, tell me what would be stopping them from considering me for that position?). We're also terribly understaffed and so we're all taking on more work... so I'm already doing the exact same job I'd be doing if I were given the next higher position... I don't want to come off sounding cocky or entitled to a promotion or something, because entitlement doesn't have anything to do with it... but I do feel I truly deserve the promotion. So how the heck do you say all this to your boss without coming off as sounding like you expect to be rewarded, that you're entitled to a reward? Any tips/experiences out there?
Old 06-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 189/164/135

Height: 5'3"

Rhonda: here is the software I looked at: AIM Spy Monitor 2008 6.18 go to cnet.com for a review and they do have others.

Still trying to wrap my mind around 101 days of sex. We have hit 101 days of not having sex. I keep hoping if I lose more weight that would make him more interested but he says thats not the problem.

I measured myself today and since Jan 1, 2008 at 8:00am I have lost:

then now
Weist 40 35
hip 43 39
neck 14 12.5
Buest 44 41
Thigh 22.5 21
Arm 12.5 10.5
Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 AM   #299  

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on those inches lost Freem! Those count much more than the weight does, because those inches are what gets you into smaller clothes! So !

Reading backwards a bit into the posts I missed...

101 days of sex, huh? We're still doing great on the frequency side (still young, no kids, married for a year) but I'm not sure I could do it EVERY day for over 3 months. I agree with the person who said it would start to feel like a chore. I did read about that pastor who challenged his congregation to have sex every day for a month, which sounds more reasonable... But wow, 101 days?

As for the pirates/new exercise challenge (which I love, btw!! )... I just have to share my favorite pirate joke. It just makes me laugh every time I think of it. Best if said aloud. Ahem:

So a pirate walks into a bar with one of those giant steering wheels from a ship shoved down the front of his pants.
The bartender looks over and says, "Hey, what's with the steering wheel down the front of your pants?"
The pirate looks up and says, "YARRR! It's drivin' me' nuts!"

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 06-11-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #300  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Funny emails / jokes

I went through the weigh in thread and cleared out the people that have been removed from the team, so the spot your chart used to be may be moved.

I've made a decision not to drink coffee in the morning any more. I stopped and got coffee this morning after not having it for awhile and after I finished it... about 8:30 I was sleepy and had a snooze. So I'm thinking instead of perky... it does the opposite. And now that I think back, the 2 weeks I was complaining about falling asleep all the time, I was drinking coffee in the morning. It's happened as far back as 3 years ago as well.

It's funny because I was talking to my dad about it this morning and he said he can drink coffee at night and go straight to sleep. So now I know where I get it from!

I found out this morning my grandma isn't coming to my graduation. My parents offered to bring her and everything and she is physically able to come, but she wants to chock it up to old age and not liking to travel. The same thing happened for my wedding but my parents dragged her to that. I've asked her to ride with my parents to come see my house and she almost refuses. Is it wrong of me to want her to see my accomplishments?

I still haven't tried on my dress I plan on wearing Friday... I'm scared it wont fit. I was also told by the student adviser that its probably not a good idea to wear stilettos to graduation because we are walking through the auditorium and across a Broadway sized stage plus stairs. *sigh*

There was something else I was going to say but I'm drawing a blank