Old 06-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #451  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Hi All,
Went down another .4 lbs this week, not much, but it is still a LOSS. My workouts suck, possibly because I am not doing them. Going to the bar tonight any suggestions on what to drink.
Laters.
Vix - love your new avatar pix!! What a great smile!

I second rhonda's red wine suggestion, and would add one more - a single scotch on the rocks. It takes me at least an hour to work my way through one, so I do much less damage than if I drink something that goes down quickly! Plus as an added bonus, the ice eventually melts, prolonging the drink's length. Personally, I steer clear of the rum and diet because they go down too fast.

I was a naughty, naughty pirate yesterday - there was cake involved And when I stepped on the scale this morning it was a bit higher than usual. Ugh. And I am nowhere near where I ought to be on our new exercise challenge Well, I'm going camping this weekend and will be super active! Hopefully I will be able to coerce the scale into a better number when I get home Sunday. Wish me luck!

Edit - Oof, I just remembered I'm supposed to weigh-in by Saturday. Hmmm.... I think I'll toss my scale in the back of the car and weigh-in from the campsite. Haha - I'm gonna look silly, but at least y'all know I'm committed, or at least should be...

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 06-13-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #452  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I made my Just Beachy goal of 15 pounds so I revised it and added another 10 pounds which I hope to be at by the end of this challenge.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post
I made my Just Beachy goal of 15 pounds so I revised it and added another 10 pounds which I hope to be at by the end of this challenge.
You, my dear, so totally rock.

My scale has come to a standstill but it's TOM and I've eaten some salty foods lately so I'm fairly confident I'll see a bigger change next week. My clothes are looser but my feet are puffy so I know where the weight is.

I went for a quickie 3K this morning and my leg is mad at me now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to do my 12K this weekend if I take it easy.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #454  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
I think I'm gaining alot of muscle. I can't seem to get down to 195. What can I do to burn more fat?
Just keep up all the hard work you've been doing. It's almost impossible for women to gain much muscle mass without steroids or hormone supplements because we just don't have the testosterone for it naturally (plus most women don't work hard enough or train properly for much muscle growth). However, you may be retaining some water if your muscles are sore. Muscles that have been worked hold extra water while they repair themselves from a good workout. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water to help your muscles along, and make sure you're also doing some type of cardio to burn fat.

I believe it was just a couple weeks ago you were upset that you couldn't get below 200, so you're already making great progress! Patience, grasshopper
Old 06-13-2008, 01:35 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Muscles that have been worked hold extra water while they repair themselves from a good workout. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water to help your muscles along, and make sure you're also doing some type of cardio to burn fat.
Oh hey, this could also explain my lack of weight loss. I've had sore muscles this week from hill training and yoga. Thanks for the useful tidbit.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #456  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

TGIF!!!Between work and school life has been a bit hectic. Almost done with school but need to start studying for the GRE. I'm not looking forward to that one. I will take a brief break before tackling studying for that monster.

I haven't exercised since Wednesday but that's okay. I had already put in four days. I may still exercise tonight but will definitely exercise tomorrow. Gotta get ready for that 10K. I officially registered today. No backing out now.

momof4--Congrats on meeting your "Just Beachy" goal and it looks like you are quite close to meeting your overall goal too!

Weight, weight, weight! What to do? I've resorted to talking to the scale and pleading with it. We'll see what happens !
Old 06-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #457  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Finally...30 seconds to breath at work!

I had a proposal due today at noon, I have nother due next week on Thursday, and 2 due next Friday, with a trip to NJ added in on Wednesday and Thursday. Sleep? Eating? Exercising? Breathing? All overrated

Speaking of exercise...I haven't been doing any. At all. Too hot/humid to walk outside, and too tired to get up early in the morning. Plus it causes my blood sugar to spike--usually around 220 after a workout. I'll be asking my doctor about that.

Despite the lack of exercise, my weight was down another pound yesterday morning. I didn't weigh this morning for fear of what yesterday's overload of cashew butter may have caused If I can post a loss again next week, I will continue my streak of a loss every week of the challenge Of course, I'm sure I just jinxed myself, now

Looks like we're going to visit Jeff's cousins in MD this weekend. Not sure which day yet, though. Hopefully, there will be some dibetes-friendly food. They're planning a cookout, so, if nothing else, there should be meat Maybe I'll call her tonight and offer to bring deviled eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
So when is the party and what are you bringing?
I'll bring the deviled eggs! They have been my saving grace for events where I need to bring food since doing low-carb. A good deviled egg recipe usually goes over very well
Old 06-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #458  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
....Looks like we're going to visit Jeff's cousins in MD this weekend. Not sure which day yet, though. Hopefully, there will be some dibetes-friendly food. They're planning a cookout, so, if nothing else, there should be meat Maybe I'll call her tonight and offer to bring deviled eggs.

I'll bring the deviled eggs! They have been my saving grace for events where I need to bring food since doing low-carb. A good deviled egg recipe usually goes over very well
Where in MD?
I LOVE deviled eggs. I don't make them myself cuz don't know what to put in the spice mix plus I know I wouldn't be able to stop at one

Old 06-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #459  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4girls View Post

Yahooo! Congratulations!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #460  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Whoohoo!. I managed to undo the damage caused by two days of binging and still post a loss.
Awesome, very awesome!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #461  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi! Just popping in for some inspiration! I'm starting to hear that nagging little voice that is reminding me how long it's been since I have been to the gym and missing one more day won't make a difference.... I will not listen! I WILL be strong! I will bribe myself with the promise of going to Kohl's after the gym to see if they have any cute purses on sale. How sad is that...bribe myself to get to the gym?! Oh well, whatever works today! Tomorrow and Sunday will be a watp dvd b/c it is supposed to rain (no walk outside) and I don't want to burn the gas going to the gym.

There, I feel better already. Thanks for listening!

Then I will treat the dogs to their favorite chew bones...plus that keeps them occupied while I can get some cleaning done!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #462  
Michelle the Vegan

Yes, you SHALL go to the gym, you SHALL!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #463  
Michelle the Vegan

I'm going to try and cook something I've never cooked now, so you all hang onto your hats and keep watch for fires.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #464  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Another sunny day in the NW!!!

Tawny - ditto what Jill said about giving your muscles plenty of water and cardio is what burns the fat. That's why the combo works so well of muscle building/cardio. One builds up the muscles that burn more calories even when at rest and the other burns the fat to expose those gorgeous muscles, like in Josephine's legs! Muscle also weighs more than fat, but takes up less room.

Angie - Big congrats on reaching your Just Beachy goal. Goal setting is important isn't it?

VixJean - Is that you (!) in your avatar. Looked so young, I thought it was your daughter. Honestly. Cute.

Amarie - Your line - "y'all know I'm committed, or at least should be." gave me a chuckle. Thanks for that.

Just polishing off a huge salad with chicken meat, flaxseed oil, vinegar and liquid aminos. So delicious, but really a lot to eat. I'm having a hard time getting all the protein in, but I've got it pretty well mapped out today. I really am eating more than ever and the scale is going down. 2+ pounds so far with weigh-in tomorrow.

After the salad, back to the front yard, weeding, trimming, making it beautiful so we can leave it to our kids. We're just the caretakers here, sigh.

ttyl

Dora
Old 06-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

just stopping in to say Hi!
busy day today - hope to show a loss tomorrow a.m. - doesn't look likely though

other than that ... wow to those who made a loss !

Linda