Old 06-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #361  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. Just waiting around for a friend to IM me. All my kids are in bed and I'm just waiting around.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #362  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi shrinking Blue Team! (in more ways than one - eh?)

Getting ready to go for a run/walk, just checking in.

Amarie - we've had drizzles, but today with just a bit of wind. I'm excited, yard work, woo, hoo. I'll add some current garden pics at the end. Sorry about your snow, but sounds like you handled it quite well. In a couple of months, when you get to Eugene, it'll be firecrackers here, then you'll need an umbrella to shade your garden, lol.

Just got finished cleaning up the place - big job around here! Then dh brings home a new (used) freezer to replace the one that just broke down. So instead of going right out to run, I helped comet the beast in and out. (see pic). Then, I did W1D1 of Rhonda's run schedule.

Rhonda, that positive thinking is great! The faith has to go with it too, but sadly, no amount of positive thinking will protect your job. But it will make you believe how great you are and how well you are doing.

Nori - so glad you found that info useful. And I keep looking up the road for the couple from Seattle with 2 girls to join me in some fresh garden salad and veggies but alas . . . I look in vain

Josephine - indeed, those legs are awesome. And I really enjoyed reading your blog for what you said on May 29 especially. Good writing.

Tonight was the first time I every used Tempeh, stir-fried with some broccoli, garlic and a tamari-type sauce. In fact, this sauce is what I use on my salad as it has zero calories, 0 fat and has no preservatives, is gluten-free with no alcohol. What it does have is 16 essential amino acids - that's the name - Liquid Aminos. You can check it out here: http://www.bragg.com/ I have it in a 6 oz spray bottle and also a 32 oz. One for the car (my lunches on the road) and one for the table. Tastes a little like soy sauce, but not so salty.

Gotta get busy and do some charting and billing (especially if I like getting paid!) Talk to you blosers later. Oh, and Chelle, the exercise challenge is way too cool!!! Thanks for all your efforts to make exercise fun.

Oh and Josephine and Fae, what are your plurk links? Here's mine: http://www.plurk.com/user/Doragone

Got back from my run and I had left the camera in the mailbox, so I could pick it up on the way back in. (I had taken it out the door with me to take the veggie garden pictures that follow) That other picture is of home sweet home that was waiting there to greet me after "running" away from home. I just so love and feel blessed to live here and wanted to share it with my 3FC friends.

Dora
Attached Images
File Type: jpg freezer, yard 002.jpg (48.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg freezer, yard 003.jpg (60.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg freezer, yard 005.jpg (46.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg freezer, yard 007.jpg (60.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg freezer, yard 015.jpg (46.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Doragone; 06-12-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:56 AM   #363  
TBL "JB" Blue Team

S/C/G: 285.1/ticker/155

Height: 6'0"

Hi lady's and germs,
So you might have noticed I've been MIA... I've been working 2 jobs, adding a third soon but the second will end not long after, and going to school this summer. Non of these are anywhere near a computer. I refuse to drop out but I will probably only be able to do a general post once or twice a week. I've sort of been neither on nor off plan the last few weeks. Not counting my points but eating fairly healthy and trying to watch my portion size, not working out but but still getting a good amount of physical activity in, ect. I will be re-dedicating myself to tracking my points tomarrow and starting a swimming class on monday (80 min 4x/week). I hope your all doing well.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:05 AM   #364  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hey guys im gonna be mia a bit until next thursday my hubby is coming home in 2 and a half hours lol no im not counting... lol .. ok i am .. i plan on spending most of my time bugging him so i wont be around much ... i will log my exercise and food and maybe pop in a say hi once or twice but that will be it .. We have a thunder storm here now.. so im hoping it blows over b4 hubby flys over .. nothing worse then landing in a storm.. and dragging the kids out of bed in the wet and cold.. i also dont like driving in the rain.. or at night .. lol and i may have to do both... im a scaredy driver in unperfect weather.. lol and im scared of the dark too lmao.. anywa day 2 of perfect on plan day.. Ive gotta go and bath the kids so they can go to bed.. night all and have a fab week. love you all
Old 06-12-2008, 06:16 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

blue team

Hi there all - a bright sunny day here -

One of my sisters lives in Cedar Rapids Iowa and she was helping to bank the river there due to flooding.

Then I read about the snow in Washington State while here I had a heat wave that caused us to have .5 days - the weather pattern is crazy!

love your house and garden pics - will try to do the same here

today my plan is to

walk
garden
water aerobics
eat well
not get involved with end of school year anxieties

How about each of you?

Linda
Old 06-12-2008, 06:32 AM   #366  
Dea
TBL Blue team member

good morning ladies!
Well, I have gotten up early 3 times this week so far....I might be getting back into a good routine...finally!
It looks a little grey outside....we could be in for some rain today, which is unfortunate because my daughter has an all day track meet at school today.
She is very excited about it!

Elizabeth...welcome back
Amy...have a great week with your hubby and kids
Dora...your photos are awesome!
Rhonda...keeping your job situation in my prayers
Chellez....thanks for getting the exercise
challenge up and 'running'
Time to get on with my day...shower, breakfast, wake the kids, make lunches get everyone off..etc
have a great day everyone!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:59 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone. Getting ready to go to work. We've been cleaning there everyday so its been tiring.

Tawnya(Tkglen)-Your avatar picture is gorgeous.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:18 AM   #368  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning. I'm listen to the legendary Bob Marley this a.m. You just can't be in a down mood while Bob is singing!

Dora -- Bragg's is GOOD stuff! Here is my plurk: http://www.plurk.com/user/TylerDurden
Old 06-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #369  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Good morning,
Another busy day ahead. It is that time of year. I put on my clothes, put the dvd in, and even had my heart rate monitor on but changed my mind. I didn't exercise. That's okay I've exercised 4x this week already. Minimally I will at least exercise one more day to get WK1D3 of my running program done. I may also do Jillian's backside since I did frontside earlier this week. Why did I lose my mind and agree to do the Marine Corps Marathon 10K with 3of my co-workers? Yes, I did. So the running program which is specifically designed to train for a 10K is perfect. What's worse is because my organization is a sponsor and I do work in recreation our team will probably be highlighted. No backing out now!!!! It's in October.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #370  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, that is a gorgeous veggie garden!

I have not been motivated to do a lot this week in terms of my exercise. I have been doing it...just not been enjoying it. Not sure what the scale will say tomorrow but Im hoping for the best.

Have a good OP day all!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #371  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Dora---i have rabbits eating my eggplant and now my sweet banana pepper plants....HELP! All of the cages I have seen would be easily accessible for rabbits, and I cannot stay up all night with a shotgun. What about a fake owl?

OK, I have been eating well with low-cal, exercising and being a good girl. Plus, AF is on her way out the door. I swear if there is not some positive movement, I am going to hack off my hips with a machete.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #372  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Tk- You are looking hot!

I'm finally getting back into somewhat of a better place right now. I'm doing a lot better about staying on plan and I'm going to keep it up. Plus our in laws pool is finally open so I got to swim last night!

Man I really don't need to know about plurking because I have a hard enough time getting work done as it is! I'm going to stay away or I will never get any work done around here.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #373  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Morning Gals

How's everyone doing? Nothing much going here...work this week is kind of slow. I've been eating well and exercising well for the past few days and I'm happy about that. I just hope this good trend keeps on going and I definitely want to see the scale move downwards by end of this week. TOM will be gone in next couple days so I'm happy about that part.

I've been using my HRM and I love it but it's telling me I'm burning anywhere from 700 - 1000 calories after I finish exercise (depends how long I exercise)... somehow I seriously doubt that . So I have to see what's with that. Other than that everything is good.

Dora, your garden is beautiful as usual. I wish we had a veggie garden And thanks for posting all the inspirational info it helps
Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #374  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers!

I'm headachey today. This weather is killing my sinuses....one minute sunny, one minute storming. The good news is that I don't feel much like eating. The bad news is I don't feel much like exercising either.

I slept in a bit and have a meeting in 20 minutes. Yikes! I'm running behind. I'll check back in again later.

Have a great on-plan day.

GO BLUE!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #375  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
Hey everyone. Just waiting around for a friend to IM me. All my kids are in bed and I'm just waiting around.
Waiting around is the story of my life right now! My fiance started a new job two weeks ago, and he has been busy every single second, and I just sort of wait around for him to call or email me (which he isn't doing much of).
We've always (since high school!) had a very equal relationship, but since I moved up here to be near him, I've had a hard time meeting people etc and have become socially dependent on him. He is in law school and we just hang out with his law school friends mostly, if we do anything at all.

He is working at a firm this summer, and just told me that the firm has activities scheduled for the one night my father will be in town for business, so he can't see him. And there have been a lot of little things like that. He is under a LOT of pressure, but I feel like in a few weeks he has done a complete personality 180!
Anyone married to a lawyer and can tell me if it gets better?

Oh well, I guess it is good for the diet, as he is the only person I go out to eat with!

Sorry for the novel, just really frustrated!! And not going to snack about it