Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 03:46 AM   #406  
Busybusy's challenge

S/C/G: 11st/10.9/9.4-7

Height: 5'6

AWE thank you trip switch x, It means a lot as the last board where I posted daily was completely dead. Nobody ever bothered looking at others diaries. I have just done one week of strict induction and WI'd this morning and lost 5lbs - which I'm happyy with as I'm 11st and wish to get to 9.7-9 and serial yo yo-er, so I know the woe loses its effectiveness each subsquent time.

Where do I post my daily menus and ramblings? Here? or create a new diary thread?
Old 05-25-2015, 03:47 AM   #407  
Busybusy's challenge

Well done x
Old 05-25-2015, 08:42 AM   #408  
Busybusy's challenge

Today is the beginning of week 2 for me. I'm deep in K as I have come on TOM 2 weeks early and know from past that its a sign of the body releasing fat cells. Area's of concern are 1)I'm not eating enough due to loss of hunger, currently eating saucer sized meals, 2) since I have cut out dairy I may not be getting enough fats. So, main concern is that I will stall due to not getting enough calories or fats. Although I was happy with the albs week one loss I was secretly hoping for more as I have been very strict the past week, could the aforementioned be the reason? Appreciate any feedback.

I usually do 20-30 minutes pilates daily and 10-20 minutes toning with light hand weights.

Menu

B Boiled egg (which I had to share with lil'one!)
L tuna mayo and a salad of lettuce, olives and anchovies
D chicken thigh and spinach curry with romaine lettuce

S copious tea with unsweetned soya milk
Boiled eggs if required

Hope to get to know some of you better soon x.

Busy x
Old 05-25-2015, 09:52 AM   #409  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusy12 View Post
AWE thank you trip switch x, It means a lot as the last board where I posted daily was completely dead. Nobody ever bothered looking at others diaries. I have just done one week of strict induction and WI'd this morning and lost 5lbs - which I'm happyy with as I'm 11st and wish to get to 9.7-9 and serial yo yo-er, so I know the woe loses its effectiveness each subsquent time.

Where do I post my daily menus and ramblings? Here? or create a new diary thread?
Congrats on your 5 lb loss... 11st is actually the goal I'm trying to get to... I'm 5'6" so that would just take me out of the overweight category for BMI... And for me getting down to 10st is something that I do really want to try for, but I'm not sure that's in the cards for me anymore... Lol... But I'll probably give it a shot...
Old 05-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #410  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Induction Day 33

skelley331 on the 2 pound loss.

busybusy12 and on the 5 pound loss.

I had a great time yesterday on a benifit motorcycle poker run for a great biker woman who was the victim of a hit and run driver. I logged 266 miles round trip from home with a great group of old and new friends. Some of it under water LMAO we went through a couple of rain storms that were incredible. Rain hurt like being hit with hail and in some points the water was ankle deep while riding the bike. I could not have been any wetter if I had swam across the Gulf of Mexico. We we all laughing our butts off when we got to a stop. A group of drowned rats we were but it could not be for a better cause than to help this friend.

On the plus side MFP logged 1339 calories burned from 8 hours of motorcycle riding and I stayed on my Atkins plan.

5/24/2015 6g Carbs, 105g Fat, 66g Protein

My Daily Goal 18g Carbs, 109g Fat, 88g Protein
Old 05-25-2015, 11:40 AM   #411  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybusy12 View Post
Today is the beginning of week 2 for me. I'm deep in K as I have come on TOM 2 weeks early and know from past that its a sign of the body releasing fat cells. Area's of concern are 1)I'm not eating enough due to loss of hunger, currently eating saucer sized meals, 2) since I have cut out dairy I may not be getting enough fats. So, main concern is that I will stall due to not getting enough calories or fats. Although I was happy with the albs week one loss I was secretly hoping for more as I have been very strict the past week, could the aforementioned be the reason? Appreciate any feedback.

I usually do 20-30 minutes pilates daily and 10-20 minutes toning with light hand weights.

Menu

B Boiled egg (which I had to share with lil'one!)
L tuna mayo and a salad of lettuce, olives and anchovies
D chicken thigh and spinach curry with romaine lettuce

S copious tea with unsweetned soya milk
Boiled eggs if required

Hope to get to know some of you better soon x.

Busy x
Do u have the recipe for the spinach curry?
That sounds great!
Old 05-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #412  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

busybusy... I seem to eat a lot of chicken and A LOT of fish... So pretty low fat protein choices... I've decided that since I tend to keep it pretty low fat I'm going to supplement with healthy fats... I recently bought a few different types of omegas to add to things... I've been trying things from Barlean's (flax oils, fish oils) and I like them... Not sure if they are available in the UK... But there must be something similar... just a thought.

Also I decided to order some Tonalin-CLA which I guess is some sort of healthy oil supplement that is supposed to help with fat burning... It's also from Barlean's and I ordered it from one of my local health food stores... I had never heard of it before, but I'm always up for trying new things... So we'll see if it helps at all...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 05-25-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #413  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
busybusy... I seem to eat a lot of chicken and A LOT of fish... So pretty low fat protein choices... I've decided that since I tend to keep it pretty low fat I'm going to supplement with healthy fats... I recently bought a few different types of omegas to add to things... I've been trying things from Barlean's (flax oils, fish oils) and I like them... Not sure if they are available in the UK... But there must be something similar... just a thought.

Also I decided to order some Tonalin-CLA which I guess is some sort of healthy oil supplement that is supposed to help with fat burning... It's also from Barlean's and I ordered it from one of my local health food stores... I had never heard of it before, but I'm always up for trying new things... So we'll see if it helps at all...
I tried a lot of the supplements you're talking about and decided I wasted my money. I tried the tonalin-CLA and I didn't do anything for me. Everyone is different, i'll be excited to see how it works for you.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:05 AM   #414  
Busybusy's challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Do u have the recipe for the spinach curry?
That sounds great!
hey yes of course! I'm Indian so you'll see a lot of curries in my menus and I don't measure or weigh so will try my best to describe how I may it.

1lb chick thigh off the bone
2 bunches of fresh spinach
2-3 cloves of garlic and a knob of fresh ginger
1 small onion and 1/4 medium sized toms
any oil/fat you use (I use olive)
green chilly 2-3 (optional depending how much heat you like)
tsp garam masala

chop onion and toms, crush ginger and garlic and add to hot oil, add salt and red chilly powder and turmeric powder, fry on med/high heat for 5-10mins. Add chickstir fry for another 5-10mins adding a little water if it starts to stick - keep frying until the chicken starts to take on the colour of the spices. Add washed and chopped spinach and green chilly - stir fry until desired consistency. Its really nice if you add a tbsp of dry Kesuri Methi (sorry not what this is called in english but its a strong herb)

Hope this helps x
Old 05-26-2015, 07:07 AM   #415  
Busybusy's challenge

Quote:
Congrats on your 5 lb loss... 11st is actually the goal I'm trying to get to... I'm 5'6" so that would just take me out of the overweight category for BMI... And for me getting down to 10st is something that I do really want to try for, but I'm not sure that's in the cards for me anymore... Lol... But I'll probably give it a shot...

Hey you should keep going until your happy and comfortable x.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:52 AM   #416  
Busybusy's challenge

Quote:

Thanks for the info - I think I'm gonna try adding more oil and full cream this week and see how I go on Monady WI x. I will be waiting with Skelley to see how it goes for you x
Old 05-26-2015, 07:55 AM   #417  
Busybusy's challenge

Thank you LarryH and everyone for a lovely welcome xx.

Kickstarted today with a fab 40 mins of Pilates. This weeks challenges include upping my fats and try and get below 10.7 - so need a 3+lb loss.

B - boiled egg and coffee with cream and one sweetner- yuk to coffee and cream but need to boost fats
L - Keema (mince lamb) curry + salad of lettuce/baby plums/deli olives
D - salmon soufflé with 2-3 asparagus spears+bits of cauliflour done in olive oil

S boiled egg....if needed

Hope your all winning x
Old 05-29-2015, 09:26 PM   #418  

I have not checked in lately but have been on plan. I had a routine doctors appointment with my pulmonologist for my COPD. The appointment went well but I noticed his scale and my cardiologist's scale show higher weight than my home scale by about 5 pounds. After the appointment I checked mine again and it still reads low. This means my starting weight was higher and my current weight is higher than I thought. My loss so far of 23 pounds is accurate but the starting and current numbers are different. I am adjusting my signature. I bought a good digital scale and it agrees with my doctor's scale. Now for the first time ever I have a scale that gives me readings to the closest 10th of a pound.

Today's food 15g Carbs, 111g Fat, 92g Protein
Old 05-30-2015, 03:28 PM   #419  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Hello everyone!

I'm doing great and have finally got it together. I'm down 2lbs this week so I'm on a roll just hope it keeps going!
Old 05-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #420  

Default Induction Day 40

skelley331 on the 2 pounds lost.

A Great Day !!

My scale rewarded me with a 3 pound loss!!

That makes 26 pounds lost in 40 days on Atkins.

DW and I went to one of Florida's largest flea markets today. They have over 1,100 vendors and I got to walk for 3 hours in 91 degree temperature. We had a good time and I got some good exercise.
Closed Thread