Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 09:41 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Default Atkins Induction Day 51

Skelly Congrats on the loss!!

I had a good day out in the sun building an enclosed trailer for my motorcycle. A little too much sun as the back of my neck is peeling.

Breakfast
Home Made - Extra Large Hard Boiled Egg, 2 egg
Kraft - Mayo, 2 Tbsp

Lunch
Usda - Pork, Loin, Whole, Roasted, 5.5 oz

Dinner
Jennie O - Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (Lean), 4 link

Total: 1,367 Calories, 0g Carbs, 92G Fat, 124g Protein

Goal: 2,908 Calories, 48g Carbs, 194g Fat, 243g Protein

The reason my goal is so high today is that I recorded 4 hours of general carpentry in MFP and it automatically adjusts the goal. I do not eat back my increases from exercise.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:13 AM   #467  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
My snacks are:

Celery with whipped Philadelphia cream cheese
Pork rinds
boiled eggs
love radishes too
pickles
and I found I can eat the peanut cluster bars from atkins (1) in the evening and still lose up to 2lbs in a week
Thks for sharing! I've been eating celery with palmetto cheese with jalapeņos - so good!! And it's only 1 carb. It's pimento cheese w soul made in Pawley's Island and tastes homemade.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:45 AM   #468  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Way to go Skelley!!
I'm weighing in at MRC every Friday and losing 1.5 or 1 lb a week. I'm goofing off on the weekend- not fully focused and then gung ho Mon- Friday. On the weekend- I am sticking mostly with protein and veggies- if I snack, it's Pork rinds, pickles...if we are boating- we usually get a sub or fried chicken- I pack hot pork rinds, pickles, olives, peppers...I throw the bread away or give to the dogs on the sub and w the chicken- give the breading to the dogs or fish! Lol. Clothes are fitting better.
What are you eating daily? So proud of you and your success!!
Thanks bigdog:
I usually have a mocha latte w/real coffee and 3 slices of crispy bacon on my way to work
At home in the mornings while getting ready I have my donut house decaf kuerig cup w/HWC
Mid morning I have 4 celery sticks with whipped cream cheese
Lunch: small side salad w/ranch dressing and grilled chicken or I just get a low carb burger with bacon/cheese/mayo no bun wrapped in lettuce
dinner is whatever meat I fix with a vegetable
Then around 8:30 I fix my decaf coffee again w/HWC and have my atkins peanut butter cluster bar
Old 06-12-2015, 08:46 AM   #469  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Way to go Skelley!!
I'm weighing in at MRC every Friday and losing 1.5 or 1 lb a week. I'm goofing off on the weekend- not fully focused and then gung ho Mon- Friday. On the weekend- I am sticking mostly with protein and veggies- if I snack, it's Pork rinds, pickles...if we are boating- we usually get a sub or fried chicken- I pack hot pork rinds, pickles, olives, peppers...I throw the bread away or give to the dogs on the sub and w the chicken- give the breading to the dogs or fish! Lol. Clothes are fitting better.
What are you eating daily? So proud of you and your success!!
Congratulations on your losses! I don't cheat anymore on weekends, I'm geared to getting 5 lbs under my goal then I will have that cushion to explore
Old 06-12-2015, 11:48 AM   #470  

Day 5 and still doing good. Ketones at 30-40. Each day I am finding the diet easier to do as my body continues to adjust. Fit in to some pants this morning that did not fit a couple of months a go, so I must be slimming down (not weighing myself any longer in life).

Does anyone have a good egg scramble induction recipe? I like to make a big batch of it and eat it for my breakfast throughout the week. Also was hoping for an induction-friendly sir-fry recipe.

Josh

Last edited by beatboy77; 06-12-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:21 PM   #471  

For the ones that use Myfitness.pal

I have had some problems changing goals.. For instance I wanted to lower my calories, as I can not meet them, and I can put the numbers in, but when I go to save, it is gray.

This is second time I have contacted customer service and while I am waiting for an answer, they are telling me that Myfitness.pal is available in the Premium, which is not free, however, the free is still available.

Just thought I would let you know.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:29 PM   #472  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm3060 View Post

I have had some problems changing goals.. For instance I wanted to lower my calories, as I can not meet them, and I can put the numbers in, but when I go to save, it is gray.

This is second time I have contacted customer service and while I am waiting for an answer, they are telling me that Myfitness.pal is available in the Premium, which is not free, however, the free is still available.

Yep they are trying to get people to pay. Not me no need to pay. How low are you wanting to go? I don't think they will let you go under 1200.
But I will let you change your macros, I went 5% carbs, 30% protein and 65% fat

Last edited by skelley331; 06-12-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #473  

Quote:

RPM I am able to change mine in the free edition. I changed the calories and saved. The screen showed them as unchanged however when I exited the program and re started MFP the new readings for calories that I had entered were displayed.

Last edited by Larry H; 06-12-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:31 PM   #474  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatboy77 View Post
Day 5 and still doing good. Ketones at 30-40. Each day I am finding the diet easier to do as my body continues to adjust. Fit in to some pants this morning that did not fit a couple of months a go, so I must be slimming down (not weighing myself any longer in life).

Does anyone have a good egg scramble induction recipe? I like to make a big batch of it and eat it for my breakfast throughout the week. Also was hoping for an induction-friendly sir-fry recipe.

Josh
I do scrambled eggs with jimmy dean sausage crumbles and cheese and green peppers
Old 06-12-2015, 05:18 PM   #475  

Quote:
I do scrambled eggs with jimmy dean sausage crumbles and cheese and green peppers
Substitute Jalapeno peppers for the green peppers and this is what I do also. I like green peppers but I like the kick of the Jalapeno pepper better,

Another 2 pound loss today and I just lost 2 pounds yesterday. YAY!!

Did I mention I love Atkins 20 Induction
Old 06-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #476  

Quote:
Yep they are trying to get people to pay. Not me no need to pay. How low are you wanting to go? I don't think they will let you go under 1200.
But I will let you change your macros, I went 5% carbs, 30% protein and 65% fat
I want to go to 1200. I am at 1300 now, but can never get there. I usually come in around 1100 .

I agree, no need to pay..
Old 06-12-2015, 08:26 PM   #477  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
I want to go to 1200. I am at 1300 now, but can never get there. I usually come in around 1100 .

I agree, no need to pay..
If you set your goal to lose 2 lbs and sedentary it will go to 1200 calories
Old 06-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #478  

Day 6 and all is good. Had an extreme craving for a sweet/dessert last night and fought hard to fight it. Finally gave it some thought and ended up having a slice of approximately 2.5 oz of cream cheese with a packet of Splenda poured on top. Tasted surprisingly like cheesecake and this completely took care of the craving.

Josh
Old 06-14-2015, 07:50 AM   #479  

I met some friends at Ruby Tuesday's.. It is easy to eat out as long as one has the mental status to say no.. I did not drink alcohol, did not have dessert, so that is a plus.

I ordered salmon grilled well with nothing on it and a side salad , minus the croutons and onions.. I had my own dressing. I know salmon may have been marinaded, but I added extra to myfitness to compensate for that.

Worse part was I have had a craving for dessert lately, and everyone at table had one of those decadent desserts, but I let it go , so feel better today for it.

Tomorrow I weigh in, so will be back then .

Myfitnessplan has corrected itself to 1200 calories after I contacted company, so that is done, and thank you anyone who helped me with this.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #480  

Day 7 and I have decided I will weigh myself today. Had a strange thing happen last night. Had my first panic attack in several years. Did some research online and it appears people with a history of anxiety commonly re-awaken panic attacks when going low-carb due to the decreased serotonin in the brain. This can be helped by upping your B6 and magnesium intake. I am going to look for a vitamin which is high in both of these.

Last edited by beatboy77; 06-14-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Closed Thread