Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~October Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? 60 mark? 70 mark? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

Old 10-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #2  
Bobbi

Happy October gals....where did the time go?

I tried to take pictures of my project but couldn't re-size the pictures, weird? That's not happened in ages on this site. I'll try again when I have more time.
KarenMo...what's that site you use to re-size?

Later gators, speaking of gators, you're welcome K3

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-01-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/172/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello Bobbi!

I'm relatively new to this site - I'm 53, and want to lose about the same amount of weight that you (Bobbie) have already lost, so you're my inspiration.

I've had non-stop guests staying in my home for a week, which I can do well for the first few days and then I fall off the wagon and want to eat everything in sight and I'm too tired to stop myself.

Still, I've done well. I keep thinking this: If I don't let it all go to pot, I can still inch towards my goal.

I may be able to go on a walk this evening, but it's iffy. Tomorrow I'll exercise at Spin class. I'm tracking my calories on Lose It!

I love this community. It makes me feel I can lose the weight I want to. Hurrah...

News: I just let my hair go gray and gotten a short-short cut with no dye left. I feel oddly liberated about it. Like it's a new me. Like it's the real me. Something about going gray is empowering. I think my new no-nonesense look is going to help boost my committment to my goal. I'm not exactly sure what the connection is, but I feel it.

Anyhoo - here's to everyone's success!

Julia
Old 10-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #4  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

And how many of you have an expected day off? Gotta love those worthless people "representing" us (NOT, to either part of that sentence!!)....

It's absolutely gorgeous here! We're going to have a beautiful fall, from the looks of the start of it. This is my favorite, favorite, favorite time of year!!

Julia - you're very welcome to be here. You sound interesting and motivated. I hope you'll take the time and make the effort to stick around and to get acquainted. So many drop in but don't put forth any effort to participate, and then they just go away... it's a really good group.

I have a few things to do before I get ready for work. Have a lovely October 1st! Later, lovelies!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Yeeha!! October is here!! My most favorite month of the year! On a sad note I woke up at 5 am and the first thing I heard was gov. Partial shutdown. Which means great smokey national park will be closed. And we are leaving on the 12th to go there. Do any of you think they will come to an agreement by then. That sure is a lot of people on furlough with no pay. Sad situation.
Gotta run. Be back later.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/170/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone.....
my name is Lin and i have been a lurker for quite a few years. i am tired of how i look and feel and finally decided to do something about it.

i began atkins, two and a half weeks ago. i started out at 185 lbs, 5'3" tall and haven't taken my measurements yet....can't find my tape measurer (think i threw it out the last time i used it) LOL

i am still waiting on my atkins books, i ordered. should be here in a few days. but i read plenty on the internet and this website to get started.

i weighed myself yesterday and i am down 15 pounds. i was exhilarated!!

i am 66 years old and been pretty much sedentary for the past few years. i have issues with my lower back and my feet, but i am beginning to walk for 15 minutes a day, and hopefully progress upward to an hour a day. i have ordered an exercise bike and ab roller and hope to get into a regular (daily) fitness program for myself. i also have a few of the 'walk away the pounds' dvds.

i want to thank you all for your posts that have motivated me to this point in my life....you 'guys' are the best!!

wish me luck!! i want to become a new and fit old lady. hope you all have a fantastic day!!
Old 10-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi, this is the site I use. It is just the simplest thttp://www.shrinkpictures.com/hat I have found.

Karen, I'm so glad that you liked "When the Storm Passes" wasn't it good. Just caught you right up in the whole story. I live here where it all happened and it was very scary. Even now things still aren't completely back to normal but everyday it improves.

Yesterday was a "lost day" for me. Didn't get home until almost 1:00 am so didn't have much oomph all day. Today is a day I need to get some things done.

Be back later everyone. Welcome Lin and Julia!!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #8  

Here it is 11:44 am and nothing much done. I did the first of the month financials and made the bed..that's it. Our govt checks were deposited as usual into our account, I feel sorry for those that will have a difficult time due to these govt issues. Praying for our country on so many different levels!

Welcome, Sweetlinable/Lin! You are certainly off to a good start with your weight loss!

Cajun - Hope things will be settled by then so you can go on your trip.

Donna - Yes fall is lovely. I love the tree colors.

Julia - Welcome!! I am just like you when I have company, even just babysitting my grandchildren! Dieting is not easy. I let my hair go gray the last year I working as I knew I was retiring and needed to cut costs. I love my gray hair most of the time and would never go back to coloring. I think it looks best short but right now I am growing it out...just wanted to see the waves in my hair one last time as when it is short it doesn't wave.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Okay....the weather in the Western Caribbean is now called 97L. If 97L becomes a TS her name will be Karen. Neither GGKaren will claim ownership
Old 10-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

NO!!!! We can't have that!! I hadn't heard that
Old 10-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Welcome Julia & Lin. Weighed in at JC this morning - back up 2 lbs! I REALLY have no idea why. I generally know what happened when I gained weight. This time I do not have a clue. NOT a good way to begin my trip to FL. I leave on Friday.

Lynn
Old 10-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #12  
Bobbi

Good Morning,
Julia and Lin, happy to see new faces.
Julia, you're more like me than you know. I'm 5' 3" (was taller, but shrunk) and I started at 169 pounds a few years ago. I've kept most of it off thru the years, I will gain 10 pounds over the holidays usually because I'm a glutton
Quote:
I'm relatively new to this site - I'm 53, and want to lose about the same amount of weight that you (Bobbie) have already lost, so you're my inspiration.

I haven't colored my hair for years and years, the grey/white hair matches the cracks in my face and I wouldn't be fooling anyone.

Okay Donna...I'll have to agree with you on Fall being a favorite time of year. The changing leaves are beautiful and I love the smell of burning leaves too.

Cajun...do you have other campsites you can go to, like private places? When we were campers, the state parks were the only places we liked, the private places are all loud music, booze and people acting like fools with no respect for anyone else.

Lin...an exercise bike would be a lot easier on your feet if you have foot problems. I have heel spurs and bunions so walking isn't something I do much. I use the exercise machines at the Y that don't require my feet pounding on a tread machine. Getting your heart rate up is more important, moving in general.

PHP Code:
  i have issues with my lower back and my feetbut i am beginning to walk for 15 minutes a day, and hopefully progress upward to an hour a day.  
Thanks KarenMo...I'll try that site for shrinking, you gave it to me before but I didn't need to use it. Something happened after I moved, I can no longer post on here without signing in and I have to start shrinking pictures. I do have a different internet connection, that must be the problem?.

K3...get out the hurricane lamps, stock up...you know the drill!

Lynn...maybe you ate something very salty? It'll disappear tomorrow so don't give up hope. You're doing everything right, just keep on track.

Mary...I have some natural curl in my hair but keep it short like you. I use a curling iron every morning to straighten it out. Weird huh? I feel very liberated having my hair the way God intended it to be. I know that's not for everyone, my sister still colors her hair and she can't understand why I don't. I tell her to look at my face, does it look like a 30 or 40 year old?

I'm going to strip the paint/varnish on the other rummage table I purchased now, it's suppose to snow in northern Minnesota tomorrow. I want to get that messy part done outside.

Later gators. (I'm back, I see my quotes are messed up?) no time to fix them.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-02-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #13  

Not much going on here. Need to go out and get groceries as dh is getting tired of what's in the pantry/freezer. Hope you all have a good day.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #14  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

The year that sucks ~ has just belted us with another one.

My dad has been in the hospital and was given the news today that he probably only has 3-6 weeks to live.

Headed back up to Ohio then to get to spend some time with Dad and help figure out what to do with mom. She has dementia and can not take care of herself. Help out what ever way I can.

Enough is enough already. I sure hope 2014 will be a better year.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #15  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Dad passed away about 3:45 this morning.
Closed Thread