Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Don't have a lot of time right now but I still havent' figured out the flowers.. Some have said Azaelias--- I'll post a pic here later this afternoon. Should have some people here (maybe) in just a few minutes to buy Tim's truck. Will need to run to get title notarized... IF THEY SHOW!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - I have a Nook instead of a Kindle, but if your Kindle has the ability to get online you should be able to go on AllRecipes.com. But don't give up on your laptop, either. We bought a mouse for ours. Works fine.

DeeLou
- Do your check your BS? If not, you could get an inexpensive monitor and strips at WalMart and check to see if you are actually getting low blood sugar when you have these symptoms.

Hi Everyone!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-24-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #138  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick hola, Goldens!

GORGEOUS here! I love Fall!!!

Cajun - glad you had such a great vacation! No one in their right mind diets on vacation, so give yourself a break. You'll get back in the swing of things.

Bobbi - you're the laptopper? I have a mouse for mine, too, as Carol Sue said. It's wireless and works just fine, especially if you remember to turn it off to save the batteries.

Nothing to report. I. Am. So. Boring.

KarenFL - I'm thinking that it'll be next summer before I do the hip thing. There are no pain free days anymore and going to the grocery store for Mom reduces me to tears by the time I get home. I'm using the cane all the time, even at work (which I fought for a LONG time!). This getting old caca sucks! Anyway, I'd rather clean toilets than go to the doctor, but if it gets bad enough, I'll do it. Bah. Until then, though... onward!

Everyone, have a lovely day! Later, lovelies!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #139  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Donna ~ I'm sorry your hip hurts so bad. Praying that you will have some relief as often as can be.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Well it is 2:00pm and the lady who was supposed to show up at 11 has not shown or called---NICE HUH!! I hate waiting on people!! We had another call on it this morning and we called him back at 1:00 and he is planning on coming in the morning.

Here are a couple pictures of the flowers I was talking about. Still not for sure what they are other than pretty!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1012013_10202378540527644_680576822_n.jpg (52.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 1383127_10202378541047657_888356640_n.jpg (53.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

OMG it cooled down. Woke to 54! It is wonderful. I have a big veggie soup pot going. Have white Northern beans, kidney beans, black beans, green beans, mixed vegies, lots of diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, cabbage, peas. butter beans, corn...every thing laying loose in the refrig. Just not Dash. DH had a mug of it for lunch. I'll make him a grilled sandwich and soup for supper. Made a tub of pimento cheese to make sandwiches with thin ham. God bless Paula Deen for the recipe. It's such a southern thing but try it as a grilled cheese sandwich. Makes a grown man cry!

I have gained a ton reading both Southern Living and the Foodnetwork magazines. Nothing ingested just mentally tasting. Can I have 6 Thanksgivings this year?

The hair cut I got yesterday is really a good cut. Darn...wanted to hate it was it was too expensive. Have to wait and see how it grows out.

Karen...If it isn't azalea it might be hibiscus. I don't recall hibiscus with shiny leaves.

Donna...I totally understand about putting off as long as possible your hip surgery. Must tell you DH has had both hips done and he would do it again...and probably will have to. His right hip was done 11 yrs ago and they didn't glue it in because he was young enough to need it redone. His shoulder was even easier. BUT he did do all the rehab exercises faithfully.

Bobbi...I have had a wireless mouse with 2 laptops now. Just installed a wireless with Dh's tower.....ummmmh won't tell you how stupid I was with that and not turning the wee switch on??????

Cajun...It's a new start and you will get things right after hunting season.

Mary...Lucky you to have some friends near to help with bs control.

DS's book was released last night on Kindle. Think this one is even weirder than the first 2.

Got all the ingredients set up to make that apple butter pie and ran out of energy. No bridge tomorrow so maybe get to it them. k3
Old 10-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #142  

Hi everyone. windy,rainy and cold here today. glad the wood stoves functioning. I have no answer as to why we are just now put in a wood stove but sure glad we did. I was frustrated that the med ins issue, so I called steves retirement customer benfits # and surprise,i will be covered by his company until I turn 65 I was so happy to hear this . steves been gone all afternoon running errands and visiting his mom. you would think I would have used my time to achieve something but nope.. I just puttered and gorked. did make a goulash hot dish for dinner tho. hope your day was good too rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 10-24-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #143  
Jacksonville, FL

Well got an appointment with another group for December........

Last edited by Deelou; 10-24-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #144  

Height: 5'3"

Karen3 - I think you meant Glynne as I don't have any friends around to help me with bs. The diabetics I do know of are not doing well themselves. I do talk with my sister now and then, but she is not very knowledgeable and ofen asks ME questions. ETA: There are lots of good diabetic sites and most have forums. I especially like dLife.com,

I stayed home today and cleaned house...got quite a bit done finally although there is always more I need to do. You know how that goes. My bs was high this am but better than yesterday. I think part of the problem might have been my meter. Doesn't account for my high A1C of course, so it's still an issue but yesterday I noticed my meter wasn't working very well...sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldn't. Probably the battery but I have some meters I got free with coupons a while back so just switched it out and with the new meter it is lower. Couldn't find the test solution however so not sure it is right but at least it is newer. I took it 2 hours after breakfast and it only went up a little (normal with meal) but it was still a little high. Waited 4 hours ..before lunch and it was ok. I would like to get my A1C below 7 but am not sure it will happen before next doctor's visit.

Rosey - So happy to know you are covered by health insurance!

Karen3 - Your vegetable soup sounds good. I love grilled cheese sandwiches too! Only thing with us is we don't care for tomatoes in our soup...esp dh. So I usually use tomato or V8 juice.

Well, need to go rest before dinner...we are having Asian Salmon, brussel sprouts and rice tonight.

Later,
Mary

Last edited by maryea; 10-24-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Cold hard truth. I'm going the wrong way. Moved my lil meter this morning. My lowest weight was 205. Now it's 232. I changed it so I could see it. Yesterday I has a good day dieting. I did this before I can do it again. I don't like the way I feel. Tired and cranky. I don't sleep at night. I know it's the carbs making me feel like that. I also went up in a size jeans. I had to buy some for vacation. I just denied it until this week. I'm packing this morning to go to the camp this afternoon. I'm going to try so hard to stay on diet this weekend. My brain is programmed to think just because I'm camping I can eat. I need to get that out of my head. It hurts me to think I have to lose those same lbs again. Why do I put myself thru that. I think taking it off is way easier than keeping it off.

Mary how are you feeling with your colon problems. I see your daily struggles with your sugar and you never give up. You may gain and lose those same couple lbs but never as much as I did lately. I admire you so much.

Rosey I'm glad you will have insurance. I don't know what's going to happen with this obamacare mess. I have insurance right now at a reasonable rate but will I get to keep it at that price is the mystery. I'm afraid I won't.

Karen fl. This cool weather is so nice after the long hot summer we had. We have just a little while left until hurricane season is over and I'm thankful we survived it without major storms.

Karen31 hopefully the next person will show up to buy your auto. The flower bush is very pretty. Love the color.

Donna sorry about your hip pain.

Hi carol sue, Gayle and Bobbi. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Work calls. Gotta run.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #146  
Jacksonville, FL

I am enjoying getting to know you, and those on the 25-30 lb to lose, but still cannot figure out this ticker thing...I made it any copied the first time I posted but now it does not show?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all....I thought it was still morning. Having a quiet at home day. Weather is still holding and sleeping is so peaceful wrapped in a blankie cocoon. Must remember to put out food stuff for post office pickup which goes to our local food banks tomorrow morning.

Gee I get so ticked off at stupid people stupid ideas stupid things. I ordered 3 blouses in very light weight material. Silky type. They came UPS in a 12X15X6 box with lots of bubble wrap and 3 hangers. I had to pay to ship an empty box. I got 2 more from Belks in a padded envelope....so much cheaper shipping cost.

I was going to make that pie and decided to use a made crust. OOOPs, I just bought it and it had little things waving at me under the plastic. Blah

Mary...sorry that you don't have a support system to help with bs. Everything is always easier when we share the load.

Off to the drug store...no idea why they call it that since they now sale everything from food, booze and every kind item. Drugs are so far back in the corner you almost need a road map.

Hmmm....seem to be in that weird pitcha***** mood....hugs k3
Old 10-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #148  

Height: 5'3"

Nothing going on here. Hope you're all having a good day.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #149  
Jacksonville, FL

I got the ticker thing!! Also MD called back and is changing my thyroid meds once again.....hopeful.....
Old 10-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #150  
Jacksonville, FL

Wannabehealthy, I have it checked at doc and when I was sent to ER they checked it and it was ok then....hoping a switch to armor thyroid will help, I was better when on it 6 years ago...
Closed Thread