Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #61  

Hi everyone. we are headed to anchorage tomorrow for another dr apt. hope its the last for while. we will be back Thursday. Im starting to get my energy back. I baked banana bread and choc chip cookies this am to mail to my grson who is at scott airforce base. Ive been promising him a goodie box so steve mailed it this afternoon. sheesh it cost 33$ to mail good thing I love him I also included apple jelly and canned smoked salmon. it was aheavy box. Hoping you all are doing well on your food plans (((hugs))) rosey
Old 10-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #62  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, we're skipping Y again today. Bruce is putting up an 8 foot fence between our property and the neighbor house. The house next to us is in foreclosure and won't be up for sale until January. I'll help him today for my exercise. I've dropped over 3 pounds in the last two days, must be water weight but I'll take it. My jeans aren't as snug.

Rosey...you're putting me in a baking mood. Will you be able to feel your feet now that you're much lighter or is that a permanent affliction? I'm thinking your kitchen is so much easier to get around in with your new lithe body. Pictures please.

Yesterday at Walmart I found some pumpkin spiced marshmallows in the aisle, the package had a recipe for rice krispie bars. I made them yesterday and took one bite only to see how they tasted. Very yummy, sent 1/2 of them home with Tiffany. I picked up her foster kid from school and had him until 7:30 last night. I signed up to be a respite worker so I can get paid for kid sitting when Tiff needs a break.
One more note about the coconut milk I've been drinking, any of you tried it? My allergies are really bad right now and Tiff said to drop milk out of my diet for awhile and see if that helps. I don't think I'm allergic to milk but found a new love, coconut milk is to die for.
It's like drinking dessert, yummy on my cereal and even better in my noon smoothies.

Yesterday I found a Coconut Almond blend and only 50 calories in 8 ounces. I'll bet that makes a good pudding from scratch with stevia. Think I'll try that today, I'm missing my treats after supper.
Quote:
Mon.
Breakfast: Fiber One with coconut milk
Lunch: a frozen banana/mixed berry smoothie with coconut milk
Supper: Large lettuce/radish/napa cabbage/green onion/fresh apple and tuna salad with Asian dressing.
100 calorie bag Kettle popcorn.
Tuesday
Breakfast Fiber One with coconut milk
Lunch: Carob and banana smoothie make with coconut milk, YUM-O.
Supper: Hamburger on sesame bun, baked beans and oven fries.
Snack: 100 calorie bag kettle popcorn and one bite of rice krispie bar.
What's going on with this site, I had a devil of a time changing my ticker to my present weight. Can't post pictures either until I go Donna's route.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-09-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi-

Bobbi and Lynn - so right about that article by Stephen Covey - I've read other things by him. I spent hours yesterday trying to copy, paste and print it. I think it is written in such a way that my DH would understand. Wasn't able to do it from my laptop so now on DH's desk top. Maybe that will work. Of course the personals I was working on seem to be hidden on this puter (got that term from Bobbi.)

Julia - welcome if I didn't say that before. Great that you have such a nice relationship with your MIL. Those are exactly things I would love to do! DH doesn't get why watching things with someone is so enjoyable.

About the hair, I've never had a good color, dishwater blonde, to dishwater brown, and now I think it's dishwater darker brown/gray. I'll be coloring for a while. I'm looking forward to a nice silver gray or white.

Rosey - hope you get a good doctors report. Sounds you had a nice activity with DH. And he has more appreciation for your homemade goodies. I love that. One year my DH had to help with Thanksgiving dinner. I had him making the Spoon Bread. He opens the refrigerator and yells, "Where's the sour cream?!" I said, "It's in a white container. It says SOUR CREAM." Yeesh...

Gotta go - Hugs to everyone!

Last edited by deelee10; 10-09-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #64  

Height: 5'3"

Another day and another drop in weight Yea! Hope I can keep it going down. Most days I feel pretty full since this condition so that helps. Plus I use My Fitness Pal to track all my calories. Way at the bottom of the diary page there is a "complete this entry" link...and when you click on it it tells you what you will weigh in 5 weeks if you continue to eat like you did today. That is amazingly helpful to me...in the evenings when I'm most tempted to overeat I put in something I'm thinking about eating and then click on that link and if I don't like what I see I don't eat it. I usually try for one pound lower than what I am but if I'm really hungry I will settle for the weight I already am. But either way it makes me think and helps me keep control.

My colon pain is now very very mild and far between, so hopefully I am healing and eating ok. I'd like to add in more raw and lightly cooked veggies but will have to do that very slowly. Yesterday I wanted a nice crisp salad so bad but was scared to try it. I'm trying to eat slowly (hard for me!) to make sure I chew everything really well. If I can control it by my eating and still get good nutrition, I think actually this new "problem" might just be added incentive to eat well for my diabetes and weightloss too. Of course Dr says sometimes no matter how well you eat it doesn't work, but right now I'm focusing on the goal of it working. My bs remain high in the am often two hours after meals but I am seeing a few diabetic normal readings so I'm still hopeful.

I'm looking for a good LOW FAT vegetable soup that doesn't contain canned tomatoes....can be made with tomato soup or V-8...but would like one that has been tried and liked by someone. I thought I had one but all so far I've found have had canned tomatoes.

Yesterday I got my nails done for the first time in months, plus I got my hair cut! So I'm a new woman today. I didn't get it cut really short (like in my pic)...It is pretty much all one length to the nape of my neck, the sides are still pretty short as they haven't grown out much but are no longer cut around my ears...hope I can stand that as my ears are starting to itch...which is why when I started growing out my hair on top and back I still had it cut around my ears. On the way there I decided I wanted bangs even though I mostly push them to one side. I like it, and dh seems to like it too. Also went shopping...big time for me as I rarely do much personal shopping...I bought a pair of low-cut boots and a pair of sturdy slip-on flats. Not the skimpy little feminine flats I usually wear when I wear skirts. These will look good with pants or skirts and are more comfortable I think. I think I am developing a bunion on my right foot and want to be careful about what shoes I wear now. I'm tired of uncomfortable shoes and I am very hard to fit. I hope these work out. I have needed new boots for a long time but always waited to get them when they were on sale and then never could find anything that fitted, so this time I didn't wait for a sale. I warned dh they would be expensive but didn't tell him how much because he didn't ask. Oh and while at the mall I got talked into buy some skin care...both body and facial scrubs and lotions. Expensive but supposedly I got a great discount and they will make me moist and supple and young again...yeah, well, we'll see. LOL

Bobbi - congrats on your weight loss! You are our inspiration!

Rosey - Glad you are getting your energy back, but don't over do. That goodie box sounds great, and I bet he'll really appreciate it. I bet some of his buddies get a share too so you'll make them happy too!

Well, need to get moving...lots I wanted to do today but I'm off to my usual late start. Dh went fishing so I slept in.

Last edited by maryea; 10-09-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
The on going tale of living in the sunny swampy state of Florida. Yesterday while I was sitting on the lanai doing a puzzle, Dash and DH came into the pool cage with a huge snake racing in front of them. I yelled snake and Dash jumped backward. It was moving so fast I couldn't identify the type. DH was sure it went back outside. hhhhmmmm spent all night wondering if it was still on the porch or maybe even in the pool cleanout. hmmmmmm. (or my bedroom)

This morning I made DH a big meatloaf and when I took it out of the pan it fell apart. I served him a spoonful with apologies. He said it was probably the best one I ever made. Suddenly more than a dozen wee lizards jumped and ran up the 2 window screens. More landed on the rockers on the front porch. More on the pillars. With that DH spots the snake crawling thru the hedge! Mr snake is 24" black snake. He eats mice and lizards and isn't dangerous. Too bad he doesn't eat armadillos!
Hi Karen,

I am in FL visiting DD. This evening, my DD & I worked together to get a lizard out of the screened in pool area. She "caught" it in the pool skimmer & I brushed it off the skimmer & outside with a mop. A LOT of weaponry for a VERY little lizard. If nothing else, we amused my SIL.

Lynn
Old 10-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #66  
Bobbi

Good Morning, just going to post my menu yesterday and run. Our church is having a 3 day celebration for it's 150th year in existence. Tomorrow night they're showing slides, pictures and commentary on the history of the church. It was originally called the First Danish Baptist church, many members are bringing Danish kringles, pastry, etc. I'm bring both kringle and pastry so will be busy today and tomorrow. I'm making the kringle today, but not baking it. I'll refrigerate it until tomorrow.
I'm doing some research on ancesters, using a 126 year old cake plate pedestal for my brothers kringle he making. I did a trial run on kringle yesterday using my bread machine. WOW, much better results than by hand. It was soft, moist and delicious. Yes I had to try a piece to see if it was worthy of making again for the celebration.
Wednesday
Breakfast: Fiber One with coconut milk
Lunch: Mixed berry/banana smoothie
Supper: Hillshire Farm sausage with stir fried green cabbage, carrots, green onion and napa cabbage.
I cut a small piece of kringle to taste it, do you think I had another piece? YUP.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all from a lonesome GG in Fla who no one will ever visit! Absolutely glorious day and have the house wide open. Dash is plastered against the window screen inhaling doggie e(p)mail.

Mary...so glad that the gut pain is subsiding.

Rosey...Drainless?

Cajun...Leaves? She left to go up to see what TS Karen is dumping!

Lynn...You have a perfect week down here.

Bobbi...You keep leaving the best sounding tempting desserts recipes. A neighbor when I was a kid would make me a blue berry pie with a "poured" crust. I wanted that instead of a birthday cake. Have never found a recipe. OMG am tasting the Danish stuff....grew up having pancakes every Sun with lindenberry sauce. I was an adult before I realized the pancakes were crepes...my Danish DGP's called them French pancakes. Yah, my great great uncle was a disgrace to the family, he went to France and worked. Yah, he invented the step that you pull out of coaches instead of needing a mounting rock, but he did that in France!!!!!!

Donna...I know that the Fall colors must be beautiful now. I love your golds.

Started to stock pile Halloween candy. Bought stuff I don't like. Keeping my food devil away.

Okay...confession time....snicker...55 years ago in 1958 DH and I eloped. I met him when he got off the ship at Camp Jeune. We sent a telegram to a JP in Conway SC for a marriage license. When we got there he claimed to have not gotten it. So we and 2 other Marines came on up North. They had 10 days leave. We stopped in Elkton Md and applied for a license. They had just changed to a 24hr wait. Well that was Fri, office closed on Sat and Sun, and Sun was Columbus Day so Mon closed too. So we went home told everyone we were married and went back early Tues for the wedding. Both my kids knew the story and neither one ever told the grandparents. We have celebrated 2 anniversary days for 55 years. AND this happened before the 1960's and love ins etc!!!!! I always said in 1958 good girls didn't and my sex drive was bigger than my brain....hence marriage at 18!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #68  

Hi, trying to get to some of the older messages I missed. My computer has been nuts for the past 10 days. Or it's the server or supplier. I don't know enough to know. I keep getting thrown off. But I see I have missed wuite a bit.

Gayle - oh my goodness. I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes there just aren't words. I was worried when I saw that your weren't posting and now I understand. You will also have your hands full figuring out how to handle your mom. I'm sending many hugs and prayers your way. XOXOXO

Lynn - prayers for your great nephew. And hugs for you!

Mary - very sorry about all you are going through with your diet.

Cajun - I think you are on a vacation. I hope you are enjoying it. Are your boys with you? Hope they are doing well.

Karen 31 - I haven't been able to get an idea of what's going on with you. So what's going on with you?

Sassy - I think we may have lost you to your part time job. Sounds perfect to me!

Deelou - welcome!

I'm kind of busy trying to get ready for my trip. A lot of annoying, time consuming things with visas, etc.

Big hugs to everyone!

Last edited by deelee10; 10-10-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #69  

Me again. I'm going to be considered spam soon.

Welcome Lin! Great job with the weight loss! I like Atkins. I currently do Ideal Protein which is much like Atkins but stricter in the first couple of phases but as much salad and green veggies as you want. And no bacon, ever With Ideal Protein, you buy their drinks, soups, snacks or you can buy alternatives, like Atkins drinks and other things at health food stores and Walmart. When I was maintaining I stuck close to Atkins and was fine. It's my carb binges, frequently in the form of chocolate that get me in trouble. I'm currently trying to recover from a major binge - that Halloween candy was just calling me. Didn't think I would EAT THE WHOLE BAG IN TWO DAYS.
But that is my addiction.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #70  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Mary - I make a vegetable soup that's ~110 calories per cup:
32oz V-8 juice
1 can black beans (not drained)
chopped onion to taste
1 sack of frozen broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix
a few red pepper flakes

it's really good! And it's really easy!

Not a thing of interest going on here... pretty Fall weather, but the WF are expecting some ickiness for the next few days. WhatEVER.

Hope all are well! Later, lovelies!

Old 10-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #71  

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! We have dental appts this afternoon so we slept in and now just puttering around the house this morning..don't want to wear out before sitting in a dentist chair...LOL That's our excuse for missing the gym again. So far I had no pain today so I must be doing ok.

Sears continues to be confusing or confused whichever...they called yesterday and said the parts had been delivered and reminded us of the repair person coming. DH told them no we have NOT received the parts so they said they'd make sure the repair person had them with him. They had told us before the repair person does not pickup parts before appts. Then today they called and said the parts will be delivered today and again reminded us of the appt. I hope they come today.

I signed up with some of those beauty boxes that come monthly just for fun. The first one didn't impress me much but I got one yesterday from Beautybox that wasn't too bad. Only thing is the included nail polish and I always get gel manicures, but it'll make a nice gift. I've got one more box to look forward to then I plan to decide which one I might want to keep and drop the others. They are all $10-16+ each per month and it is kind of a fun surprise. I get samples all the time but these are hopefully better quality products, plus as a member you get discounts if you want to buy their full-size products. Some even include a full size product with the samples.

Wore my new shoes yesterday (not the boots). I really like them but the foot that I think is developing a bunion ached slightly. So I think I'll take that shoe in to be stretched. I've always been leery of stretching as I've done it long ago and the shoe never really fit right afterwards so hope I'm doing the right thing but don't know what else to do as a larger size will be too big otherwise. At the store my foot didn't ache but I was wearing a thinner sock. Most of them time I wear thicker socks though.

I gave up looking for the right soup recipe and was too lazy anyway so I went to Panera Bread and bought a low fat vegetable soup with pesto and took it along with some ww bread to my son's gf. Her mom was there visiting so I got to meet her and see her little gd again too. My son happened to be working a later shift that day so it was a nice surprise to see him too! They loved the soup and it was fun to share it with them. A fun family time even though dh wasn't there. So important to build these precious memories...

Karen3 - Funny about your celebrating two different days. I'd have probably gotten mixed up and mess it all up with the parents at some point! My dd and sil married in Vegas and then again almost a year later to please his mom, so they too have two days but I think they only celebrate the first and really only legal one. We didn't care, we were just pleased they got married.

ETA: Just got the package from Sears but only got one part, and we think we need two, but we will just wait until the tech comes tomorrow and see what he says. Such a simple request and so many problems..plus we still have not received the warranty info but perhaps it will come any day now.

Last edited by maryea; 10-10-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey gg's. Getting ready for our vacation. I'm just about packed. We will leave at 3 am Saturday. Even though the gov didn't open up the great smokey mountain national park. We will be going into North Carolina and them Virginia. Basically following the appliacian (sp) mountains. Our boys left this morning to go on a squirrel hunting trip in Missouri. They will return on Tuesday. I'm a tad bit worried that they will be in Missouri and we will be in tn/ nc/ va. Hopefully we have cell phone reception.

Laundry is ready to be switched. Gotta run !
Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #73  
Jacksonville, FL

You sound like a fun group...still trying to figure out thyroid issues and not losing as usual. I went for a beach walk with hubby yesterday and tho it was about a mile I wore myself out, am ready for this to be regulated! But the ocean was beautiful!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #74  
Bobbi

Good Morning...sorry K3, I shouldn't be posting fattening foods here. Sometimes I forget this is a diet site. Interesting story about your elopement, did you go live with hubby after the 1st attempt of marriage? I can see Dash pushing his nose thru the screen, he has lots of stinky smells from the crocs and snakes. Do snakes poop? P.S. We'll all visit you in Florida after you enclose your home and yard in a steel vault.
We had ebelskivers on Sunday morning instead of pancakes, never tried lindenberry sauce.

Quote:
OMG am tasting the Danish stuff....grew up having pancakes every Sun with lindenberry sauce
Welcome Deelou.

Mary...I have a couple sets of shoe stretchers for my bunions. If you stretch them a little at a time, you can get the perfect fit.

Cajun...eating around the campfire is my fav to do.
Enjoy your vacation.

Donna...soup sounds good except for not draining the black beans, doesn't the soup turn black and murky? Have you ever tried making a creamed soup using cooked cauliflower spun in the blender before adding to the soup? It's good but gives me gas

DeeDee...I can never live without bacon. I'd die. If I'm really strict, I'll eat cardboard turkey bacon. Geeeeeeez that stuff in nasty. I like the real thing.

Rosey...I've never tried making apple jelly before, never even purchased it in the grocery store. Do you put cinnamon in it or what? We don't have the 4 apples trees anymore but DH did purchase one and planted it in our front yard. We had 7 apples this year and enough to make one apple crisp. Hopefully it'll have more apples on it this year. My brother has apples and I can have all I want, maybe I'll try your apple jelly recipe if you have time to post it.

Lynn...enjoy your sunny florida vacation and stay away from the snakes and lizards.

Gotta run, making the other Danish today.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-11-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #75  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola!

Mary - I posted a vegetable soup recipe for you in my last posting.

Bobbi - no, it doesn't get black or murky; the black beans give it a rich gravy and flavor. I really like it.

Nothing to report. Cajun - hope your vacation is a good one. It sounds LOVELY.

Be well, all... later, lovelies.
Closed Thread