Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Afternoon girls...just a fly by too. I'm going to continue to post my menu's starting again tomorrow. I stopped because I had an appointment in St. Paul with a holistic chiropractor who did a bunch of test on me and would be changing up my menu. I still get the occasional migraine headaches, just not every night like I used to.

He gave me a whole list of Vasoactive Amines foods I can't eat for a few weeks/months? These are foods that act to constrict/dilate blood vessels. Then he did a bunch of mumble jumble things to me, I swear he's a quack. According to my DD who goes to him and the internet, he's brilliant. We'll see, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until proven.
K3...HaHa, famous last words.
Hi Bobbi,

It was a Chiropractor who did the miracle cure with my knee. Pre-Chiropractor, I had 3 cortisone shots from my Dr. & 3 months of PT. My next step was surgery. My DD convinced me to see her Chiropractor. It took him 3 weeks (2 visits/week) to TOTALLY get rid of the pain. Did something called the Graston technique. I am a believer.

Lynn
Old 10-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #107  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

G' Morning
Lynn...I looked up Graston technique, he didn't use a metal bar but other things I couldn't see while laying down. At one time it felt like small stones? I didn't ask either as I was thinking at the time hocus pocus. He said I had some emotions issues popping up that's causing the headaches. He called the blockage on the side of my head where the headaches hurt a emotional cysts or something like that. (He uses Kinesiology as part of the procedure )I read some of the reviews of his patients, the one below kind of sums it up. I'm glad the Graston procedures work for you, hope this guy can do the same for me.

Quote:
I was skeptical of this kind of healthcare at first. Now it is a part of my primary healthcare. Most fascinating to me is the blatant connection between my emotions and my body. If I choose not to deal with an emotion it pops up somewhere in my body. My overall physical and emotional health have largely improved over the past 2 years. As an Rn by profession, I am a firm believer in preventative care and I have never felt better. Thanks and gratitude to the practice of Dr. Franks, Dr. Luct, and Dr. Schley! ]

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-19-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #108  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All....

Bobbi - interesting! You don't strike me as the type to let things fester inside. How are you feeling since you had your visit with the ShamanChiro guy? Will you be going back to him? I hope it works for you!

Nothing going on. It's been a really busy week, and I haven't had a chance to post.... nothing to say, anyway, so you haven't missed anything!

I'm looking forward to this weekend! Samson continues to be a lovely little cat, and I'm so glad we adopted each other. Hope you're all well!

Later, lovelies!
Old 10-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #109  

Height: 5'3"

Just popped in to say hi. It promises to be a busy day...first a Harvest at our gd's preschool then a wedding/welcome home reception. The couple were married in the Philippines but she is an American and they will live here. Bobbi hope the doctor helps you...sounds interesting and rather relaxing I think.

ETA: Anyone else having trouble with FB? I can bring it up but the news feed is blank (unheard of!) and even when I see there is a post it just works and works and never comes up.

Last edited by maryea; 10-19-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Mary, I had that trouble with my iphone and ipad but just shut down and restarted and it worked fine.. But it has done it a few times.. I'm thinking I need to go and get a new modem. I've been kicked off using wifi quite a bit lately and have to unplug the modem and then plug it back in and it will work for awhile.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #111  

Morning everyone. Sun is shining today. I had my drain removed yesterday my family dr was pleased with the results of my surg. im feeling better just tire easier. My kids have been having some troubles and it makes my heart sad for them,im a good listener and try to be supportive.
all the talk about our diets makes me want to chime in I believe everyone has to do what works for them. my dr said its important to eat balanced healthy foods but basically its calories eaten,calories burned. I follow a hi-protein locarb diet becus of my gastric bypass surg. its what they recommend but I include fruits and vegies and don't count calories. it works for me.Im not an exerciser how ever I love to swim when I can get steve to take me.
Bobbie hope the new dr works,it does sound kinda quacky but I have an open mind so maybe it will help. steves busy installing our wood stove,hoping to get it all done befor snow. Not much going on,its a gorking kinda day. hope your weekends awesome. rosey
Old 10-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #112  

Just came here to check the new posts and realize I didn't explain my self very well...we went to a Harvest FEST at our gd's preschool. It was fun but tiring. I took the kids in while dh and dd went and parked both cars and those kids were not easy on me! The both ran in opposite directions and there were lots of people there and I had a hard time keeping up with them. I'd just get one and the other one would run off neither would hold my hand for more than a few seconds. I have never had them both act that way although once the 4 year old gd did. DD says they are only that way there (at the school) as they were so comfortable running freely there. After mom and dad got there it was much easier! I'm feeling my age I guess. we did all the usual games and had lunch/am snack there. I had a white bagel and 1 T cream cheese plus one mini cupcake. There were no veggies there to eat. Gd decorated a little pumpkin and she had to get every spot and lots of glitter...it was one well decorated pumpkin! I entered a couple $1 raffles...$25 GC for Costco and New Seasons. Hope I get the call. I had more than usual colon pain today but it is still mild. Think being on my feet so long may have partly contributed to it.

We went back to our dd's house and rested a while and then went to the reception. It was very nice, the bride and groom are a delightful couple and their parents are very nice people plus met lots of other nice people. Some we had seen at our church but didn't know names as our church is large. The bride and groom had an interesting story about how they met and married and managed to get here (she was raised here). They had a civil wedding in Korea a couple years ago and then another wedding in the Philippines a year ago. They have a year old dd now and she (the little one) now has dual citizenship..US and PI. At the reception, I ate two appetizers (tortilla rolls with cheese and veggies) and a pc of cake. I also took a few sips of dh's punch.

So a busy day and we were really tired afterwards but we still stopped at Costco for gas and since we were there we went in to get the potato soup mix they usually sell but couldn't find it, but I did buy some socks that I like. I like both the Wigwam and Kirkland brand. So cozy. The Kirkland is a little thinner so I like them better for some shoes but they are both nice and warm and I wear them almost year round. At Costco I had two samples...one a pc of a chicken flauta and one tiny pc of a protein bar. Came home and ate 2 egg rolls (chicken & veggies) with sauce and drank a pb mocha and later a pc of garlic bread. Haven't counted calories or carbs (only in my head) today so not sure how badly I did. My weight as up this am and I suspect it will be tomorrow.

Karen31- I'm still having trouble with FB, although some areas I can access sometimes. It's my desktop where I'm having trouble. I'm not having trouble with the internet in general..just FB. I've tried reloading and even closing it out and opening again but I will try restarting my computer.

Nite all

Last edited by maryea; 10-19-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Phew It is still Summer down here. The weatherfools said we would have a cold front and we did a rain storm 5am, but 89 is not a cold front. Would you believe we turned the a/c for a week and the bill dropped $40! I'd do it more but what I save in electric I would have use to get rid of mold, etc.

Thank you for the prayers for my friend Annabelle's daughter.

I made the bestest breakfast yesterday. Sautéed some onion/garlic, added 1 1/2 cups of salsa, 1/2 can of black beans and when warm cracked 4 eggs on top. Baked at 350 for about 14 minutes. Sprinkle cheddar on top.

Have other recipes for feta/tomato and marinara/mozz eggs too....Check out www.closetcooking.com

Spend all day yesterday and most of today trying to get a wireless mouse and new scanner working for DH. Blah....even slept on it waiting for an idea. He has a tower and I have to keep the wired mouse running....oh never mind I just threw my hands up and told him to call Joe, our pc geek.

I'll try for personals tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #114  

Since I had a crazy eating day yesterday, I'm trying to be extra good today. Sundays are usually my worst eating days so it will be a challenge. So far, so good. I made a really good beef and vegetable stir-fry for dinner (our mid-day meal on Sun), using onions, celery and spinach. Those were the only fresh veggies I had on hand and are some of my favorites.

Went to church this morning and was hoping for sunshine afterwards but it is still cloudy and cool.

Your breakfast does sound good, Karen3...I love beans but don't eat eggs often. Might try your recipe though. Added to my recipe software and called it Bestest Breakfast.

Karen31 - Restarted my computer as you advised and now FB is working ok. Thanks! I know that restarting fixes many things but sometimes I just forget to do it.

I hope you have a good Sunday!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #115  

Oh Mary...did spellcheck go crazy on bestest!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #116  
Bobbi

Old 10-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #117  

AAAAAAAAAAAAArggggggggggggggg! Is it possible to kill one of those momentary electrical blanks? Just lost my post and no time to rewrite.....
Old 10-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #118  
Bobbi

Been there, done that K3.
We worked out at the Y this morning, came home famished. I had visions of buttered toast but settled for PB2 stuffed in celery and rolled up in a big green lefty loose lettuce. I'm still hungry
The menu plan from Dr. Quack doesn't leave me much variety and I'm trying to be creative. So many fruits and veggies are a no no for the time being. No yeast but I made a homemade yeastless bread that turned out pretty good.

Bruce is taking off the screens, putting away lawn furniture and I hung a clean load of clothes in the basement cloths lines to dry. Boo Hoo, summer's gone.

The bestest breakfast sounds good, I like black beans. Bruce is eating leftover pork/spuds for supper, think I'll do something for supper with egg beaters and black beans. I can't have tomato yet so maybe can dilute it with broth. Cheese is out too, darn. Make the toast I'm craving to go with it. Easy Peasy.

Mary...you're so faithful to post, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #119  

Went to the gym this morning, and I think I did pretty good considering how little I've been there lately...walked track 19 min (1+ mile), stationary bike 9 min (meant to stay 11 min but miscalculated and someone else was waiting for the bike) at level 10, hand bike 6 min on level 4.6 and a couple weight machines while waiting for a bike. We stopped for some groceries on the way home and I'm tired now. Need to clean house.

At least I didn't gain anymore after Sunday's gain, and I'm back on track now, but my bs really showed the error of my eating ways. I may postpone my doctors appt as I don't think it's fair to have my A1C (3 mo bs) done when I had an infection most of one of those months! He postponed it one month but I want 3 mo with no infection! So thinking about that. I do need to go in for my flu shot though.

Bobbi - Seems like few people post these days...I remember some have children so probably busy with all that entails and getting ready for the holidays. I'm trying to cut back on my computer time but when I'm on for something else or when I'm just resting at my desk, I usually remember to pop in here.

Karen3 - Don't think there is a spellchecker in my recipe software and I had no problem here.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #120  

Hi
Closed Thread